test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    we're ready to open the gateway; if anyone wants to be present at the warparty for some last-minute strategizing, speak up now - i'm already aboard the spear of adun *alex's voice cuts in over the fleet comm channel*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,224 Arc User
    *Veronica sighs and nudges her*

Jessica: Pretty early on. It's pretty much required to know the basics if you ever plan on becoming a captain.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Thanks for the heads up beforehand Alex...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    RAdm Rose gets up in a start: Whad? Anything happening yet?

Rose: Is it small unit tactics, but do you do larger unit training?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    you're welcome; so, are you coming to meet the gang?

(and i hope at least ONE of you watched those two cinematic compilations - among other things, it provides a good frame of reference for the end war, even if each of them are significantly longer than the 'starcraft history in 7 minutes' i posted a few weeks ago)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *growls for a moment* I'll be over soon...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    okay, see you soon *he says cheerfully and logs off*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *Beams over to meet with Alex*
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    *krystal finds herself aboard what is clearly a highly futuristic vessel, in the same room she saw kerrigan's meeting with artanis, selendis, raynor and alex where she expressed her desire to enter the void and destroy amon after learning he yet lived, with all the aforementioned personnel except selendis standing around a holographic display in front of her, all of them deep in discussion about how to best deploy ground forces and mining operations should circumstances in the void permit it*

(and there's no khalani phrase for hello, so you'll have to have artanis speak english for it; also, krystal should probably come to the realization he's projecting his voice telepathically once he starts speaking)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I think En Taro Adun was also used as a greeting)

Krystal: Wow... This... is one helluva setup...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    (En Taro means 'In honor of'...not really a greeting)

*alex and raynor both look up* (as, presumably, does everyone else) i see you made it; welcome to the Spear of Adun, one of the marvels of protoss engineering, one of three arkships constructed at the height of their civilization as a guard should catastrophe befall it...this is the only remaining one *alex says*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokes peoples*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Veronica: We need to be ready.

Jessica: To become an admiral I had to learn some stuff about that.
  • Options
    (*bonks rattler and rose on the head with a squeaky bat*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cartwright is with Alex: So where do you want us?

RAdm Rose: I hate waiting (She yawns)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    in space, where you all can play to your strengths as ship captains; if there's any ground fighting to be had once we enter the void, we'll *he motions with a paw to indicate artanis, kerrigan, raynor and himself* handle that

raynor: just like old times *he speaks up with his typical southern USA inflection before turning to krystal* welcome to the party, miss...?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cartwright: I am more a paper pusher then a ship captain now. We also have someone with us, that might be able to help you ont he ground. She is after all, an Aspect of the Winter.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Krystal: Admiral Krystal Jade, United Federation of Planets. *offers Raynor a handshake* I think I like you already.

(I remember Fenix saying that when you first meet him in StarCraft 1. I think that it is sometimes used as a greeting, especially between fellow warriors. And I believe it was said that the Executor in StarCraft aka the Player and Fenix were old comrades.)
  • Options
    (you know the executor in starcraft was artanis? and the executor in brood war was purportedly selendis, though that bit hasn't been confirmed by blizzard like the former was)

*raynor takes her hand in his gauntletedone and gives it a firm shake* if even half the things alex has said about you are true, the feeling is mutual​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokes all the things with sticks*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*continues poking all the things with sticks*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *nods* Well... my crew and I seem to have a rep for weird so... lets see what we can do.

(Actually I don't think StarCraft's Executor was Artanis. Wasn't he the youngest Praetor in Brood War? Kind of a step down from Executor.)
  • Options
    Artanis was appointed to the position of executor during the zerg invasion of Aiur, following the apparent defection of the previous executor, Tassadar, to the Dark Templar. To this end, he began by fortifying the base at Antioch, once again serving alongside Fenix. Antioch was held against the zerg and a successful counter attack was made.

(aka, the player for episode 3)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*bonks everyone*)

raynor: weird pretty much describes the past eight years for me; sometimes i wonder what things would've been like if the zerg had never come to mar sara all those years ago...​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cartwright: Depends on how you view life. Russians view life as a series of disasters and obstacles, so if anything changed, they would say it would be worse.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    alex: if stukov were here, he'd probably agree with that...as infested as he may be, he's still russian at his core​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*boinks west*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *Jessica Oculus and Ekarn arrive at the meeting*

Jessica: Stukov?
  • Options
    a former vice admiral of the united earth directorate, whom i mentioned previously; he was killed by narud shortly before they captured the second overmind gestating on char back when he was in the form of samir duran and his corpse-*alex starts to say before he's interrupted as the very subject walks up*

Alexi Stukov: "Let's recap—I was betrayed and killed, shot into space, captured by the zerg, resurrected and infested, cured, given to Moebius to research the protoss cure, and was instead experimented on as the cure slowly failed. Everyone up to speed? Good."​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cartwright: Nope.
    Ancient Griffon insult