test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,162 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Note to self... stay Trill.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (so, we've done the meet n' greet, everyone's (hopefully) watched and read all relevant material - unless rattler has anything to add from artanis or kerrigan, what say we get this invasion started?)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Cartwright: Excuse me, you had nto answered my question yet? Do you need any more heavy hitters, planetside?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    IF there's any ground combat to be had, our forces plus myself should be able to handle it - but rose should be ready to hit soil at a moment's notice in case we need cryo support​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Oculus: What about the rest of us? We do have other so called heavy hitters.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    if need be, you can join the ground assault as well...but if it reaches a point where multiple juggernaut boots are on the ground, the assault is probably about to fail horribly​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cartwright: Adm Jade, I'd suggest you allow Oculus and whoever wants to be groundside be groundside. Rather have them down here, be useless then up with us and wishing they were down here.

(Krystal is the head of this taskforce, Cartwright joined it as another ship captain. Hence why he is suggesting it to Krystal instead of ordering it)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (*swings giant anime mallet and bonks rattler on the head*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,162 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Sounds good to me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    if there's nothing else, let's open the gate​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: I think that's all.
  • Options
    Cartwright sighs: Varyag, one to beam up (And Cartwright disappears)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (*runs over rattler*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*continues running over rattler*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *reaches for her combadge, but stops and looks at the group* I guess this is it then. Guess there isn't much left to say other than an Ancient Egyptian blessing, which is oddly fitting considering where we're going.
  • Options
    i'm sure artanis and kerrigan each have their own blessings they'd care to impart before we open the portal (and you are definitely doing them, because they've both been way too silent) but let's hear yours first​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokes rattler with stick*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I'm rusty as hell, and we can simulate. I don't want to be roped into doing someone I'm not ready for because it must be so. If I did, it wouldn't be long lines. Maybe a couple words here and there so I don't butcher the personality.)

Krystal: "May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk."

(Got that from an old episode of Babylon 5)
  • Options
    which god? the ancient egyptians had several​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2017
    (The God of Frustration)
    493c51f40ad7e8510bcc70e49798234c--favorite-quotes-fandom.jpg
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (also, if you need an appropriate phrase for artanis, there's a bunch here http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Khalani )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *shrugs before beaming out*
  • Options
    *Jessica and the rest beam out*
  • Options
    RAdm Rose: Veronica, any great words of wisdom?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Veronica: We're about to go into a storm. Be ready for anything I guess.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    *alex sighs and mutters* si vas pacem, para bellum...come on, let's open the gate *he beckons artanis and kerrigan, who move to stand at an angle to him and each other, forming the points of a triangle as they each begin to channel large amounts of psionic energy, their eyes starting to glow a bright orange, blue and purple respectively as the psionic energy starts arcing between them and quickly coalesces into a maelstrom in the center

outside the spear of adun, the pyramidal top portion of ulnar suddenly splits from the rest of the structure and rises away, the body then splitting into three pieces and maneuvering into place around the top portion which is forming the center of the portal, two smaller arms splitting off each of the larger segments as space begins to twist and distort between them, looking as if a realm of blood and darkness is bleeding through the overwhelming brightness of the alterian rift, the trifecta of gate segments now arranged around the central piece with the main parts all pointing toward it and the smaller arms forming a circular sort of pattern before everything vanishes in a single bright flash, leaving behind the fully opened planet-sized portal to the void, looking for all the world like a large, gaping wound in the fabric of reality as the fleet begins moving toward it*

(and now you can watch the latter half of this to get a visual representation of my utterly horrible description

you can either start at timestamp 2:01 or just watch the entire thing again - i'd advise the latter, because the music is THAT damn good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P4cWyA_Us8 )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokepoke*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokes harder*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    RAdm Rose: Honey, follow the Exter and the Varyag in.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    *Veronica takes them in and Jessica and Seventeen's ships follow suit*