test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cant delete so just edited the txt
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    dont think diretx is an issue as iv pointed out this issue is on.

xp

vista

win7

win8

mac

linux ubuntu

linux mint

so we can most certenly cross out direct x

i agree... i did see another thread where a volunteer was reviewing some tracert logs and it was mentioned that the isp servers might be irratic... its seems to be a really big issue and its all over the board... i'm just thankful I'm not in the dev's shoes this is a doosie of a bug/error/crash mess. I know it will get fixed... just hoping its soon.
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    what other games does Cryptic have that I can play till STO is back up

id you use arc just look at the games library its all cryiptic
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kakeroo wrote: »
    crash club # 18897741

Win xp SP3
    AMD athlon(tm) 64 x2 duel core 4400+ 2.2 GHz
    2GB performance value RAM
    ATI radion 1900 GT
    ASUS A8SX

proccessor says 64 but only 32bit programs install

should i get better RAM?

hmm, similar set-up i am also using 32bit on a 64. also i found a profound speed increse when i went form 2gig ram to 4.

if you are lucky enough to have DDR2 1.8v generic, you can get 2GB ram for very cheap
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    here's how i got there... my computer right click on hard drive (mine is listed as C) then explore... program files /cryptic studios/live/.patch/patch trivia its a text file open to notepad at the bottom it says on mine also season 9
    ... hope this is what you needed...

It's the fact that I'm in a delema on what to do about it I don't know if I should change it to Season 8 and see what happens
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    It's the fact that I'm in a delema on what to do about it I don't know if I should change it to Season 8 and see what happens

I would wait and see if a Dev posts monday about it or at least someone with enough know how to reset anything back if it screws up worse.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    how do you launch i n safe mode?
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    is it possable that it could be simply where we live?

has anyone tried to run the game on a proxy?
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hey all, Branflakes posted on this twitter regarding this Season 9 thing...
    It is season 8, but the internal files may reference "9" here and there due to Legacy of Romulus being the 8th major update.

So this could explain the whole Season 9 in the Patch Files.
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Hey all, Branflakes posted on this twitter regarding this Season 9 thing...

So this could explain the whole Season 9 in the Patch Files.

Could it be that simple?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Could it be that simple?

With game programming? Well.....

I'd rather be a Borg looking at the Mana Power Core for the Dimensional Patrol Cruiser Arthra and trying to figure out how the heck Midchilda rewrites the laws of physics.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    here's how i got there... my computer right click on hard drive (mine is listed as C) then explore... program files /cryptic studios/live/.patch/patch trivia its a text file open to notepad at the bottom it says on mine also season 9
    ... hope this is what you needed...

Just on a whim I went to that file and changed the 9 to an 8. Tried logging in. It crashed in the same place... BUT... when I went back to that file it now said 9 again. So it's something that's being written to our systems on login. Still doesn't say if that's what's causing the problem. If it is then why isn't it causing this issue for eveyone? I somehow doubt this will be the issue... but for what it's worth... :confused:
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    trahdahlintrahdahlin Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tried again, now I cannot even click enter to log in, but my friend is running my account RIGHT NOW. So it is not account based. It is not my comp, seeing how it was just working fine the night before the launch of S8. Cryptic & PWE may have acknowledged this, but it seems they are going about this all backwards. Going to give it ONE more week. If it still does not work next week mid-day, there will be hell to pay.
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's the Season 8 patch that created this problem in the first place. My guess? Cryptic malware strikes again.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    i can log in but as soon as i load a particular toon the game crashes my other toons are perfectly fine it's just this one toon
    Interesting... But if your game crashes before you can get even close to choose another toon, is there a way to change toons?
    There was an earlier post suggesting such a possibility. Given it was no hoax.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    is it possable that it could be simply where we live?

has anyone tried to run the game on a proxy?
    Well... I don't think so. I'm from germany. You?
    Before S8 launched, I had the same probs on tribble. A friend of mine - also german - had no problems getting in there.
    EDIT:
    Well, just because you made me curious, I tried running it on the US proxy - with no effect.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    im british, i wasnt thinking of any one place, but a collection of places. for example can someone on the same exchange as you use the game?
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ah. Okay. Well, got noone to test.

And to the proxy... read my other post again. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Ouuuuuuuuuuuu, ***shakes and shudders in fear*** Sounds like a real threat, what are you gonna do?:eek:
    How about calling the Ghostbusters? ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ah. Okay. Well, got noone to test.

And to the proxy... read my other post again. ;)

i know you are in Germany, however you may be on one of the arias with the issue. it seems a little out there however i have experienced a location issue before.

my laptop will download and play a game from valve from my home. however if i do it at my fathers (faster internet) i get very buggy game play and crashes from the same laptop
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i know you are in Germany, however you may be on one of the arias with the issue. it seems a little out there however i have experienced a location issue before.

my laptop will download and play a game from valve from my home. however if i do it at my fathers (faster internet) i get very buggy game play and crashes from the same laptop
    Fascinating...

Well, what I meant was that I edited that post to add some experience about the proxys...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hmm intaresting, after update i crash at launcher and not load screen
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    kakerookakeroo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i found it
    thanks

it indeed says season 9

there were other games i was playing and they also kept changing the log in images which were giving the same problems mentioned by others in this thread. If it's a problem, they should stop, no?
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm still able to get in via safe mode but to play the game? NADA. Cryptic needs to FIX the STO Launcher before they start losing gamers or this game is going to go down as one of the worst MMO's EVER!
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another day, another #18897741.

I'm a lifer, so I do not care myself. But do people with monthly payments get, at least, a partial refund or credit for not being able to play for days?
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    107 pages and still nothing xD

Also its launcher / game based. Quite sure of it.

I dont have the problem myself but i've been helping a friend that does have it and we have tried virtualy everything. So untill Cryptic and PWE fix it ...

Anyway since this all started since season 8 and they switched something in the graphics section could this be a directx 9 problem possibly ? How many of you are using directx 9 ?
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »
    Another day, another #18897741.

I'm a lifer, so I do not care myself. But do people with monthly payments get, at least, a partial refund or credit for not being able to play for days?

Nope we dont, at least dont think we will

And yes using DX9
This discussion has been closed.