test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (i think alex did say something about it...but only to the effect that he never connected the name on the card to medb because he never got an actual mundane education in history past 11...or 12, i guess)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,160 Arc User
    (Ah alright.... so gonna be awhile before anyone else wakes up... 'Sup?)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (you know, i'm still surprised you're not asking why i'm suddenly so interested in the name of an ancient mythological irish hero)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (I'd rather let that surprise me. Plus I'm still kinda tired. )
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Could use a distraction right now. *taps commbadge* Jade to Tala. Shoot a message out to Admiral Cartwright informing him we need to talk, and soon.
    Tala: Something up?
    Krystal: Yea... I think we're about to get hit.
    Tala: Meaning...
    Krystal: Just... let him know.
    Tala: Now I know something's wrong when you don't explain...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (and i'm deadlocked again until we get to the gamma quadrant...or death metal cuttlefish show up)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: So yeah, back to the quarters Tala set up for me *Starts to walk* So you said these reapers have some sort of moltan metal railgun? Do you think their armor can stand up to the same sort of thing they dish out? Or do you think they never expected anyone to have that to use against them.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,908 Arc User
    Jakara: well if a single reaper is so large and damaging and if I heard right earlier is the product of galactic genocide? Like everytime these reapers come they wipe out all life In the galaxy then make another reaper?....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Briana: No.... well that doesn't sound like that bad of an idea.... But no... I had in mind a weapon that could be used.
  • Options
    (*cough*biological weapon*cough*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: Its one Reaper per species they target actually. And... they probably do have some defense against their own weapons, but the way they operate... they don't allow anyone to get to that level. They start their "harvest" well before any species can actually pose a threat to them. And since they force everyone down one particular path, they know exactly what their targets are going to have.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (except they never counted on sapient life in other galaxies - nor on the human predilection for CONSTANTLY throwing the monkey wrench into everything they come across)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: And they have no idea what we have here. We have more than what they thought. We have Phasers, Disruptors, Plasma, Polaron, Tetryon, Proton, AntiProton. and hell we have hybrids and specializations of all of those. I doubt they're expecting Photon, Quantum, Transphasic, or Tricobalt Torpedoes. Once they enter tholian space, their web tech will protect them. There are more and more weapons I could bring up. Stuff that is specialized and isn't standard. and doesn't Alex use Dark matter or something? We have a better chance with our variety throughout the galaxy
  • Options
    (yes - in both space and ground, and quantums with a kick that would make that delta flight klingon weep with joy)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: Briana... they've already fought us. Twice. I had the Lexington both times. While they don't know the FULL extent, they know we favor energy weapons and have more advanced shield tech.

Hell... Lexington went toe to toe with Soverign in the first engagement over the Citadel... and we almost got our heads handed to us because of the sheer power that main gun has! Nearly shreaded our shields off with a graze! A direct hit probably would have killed us if we were slower like the local ships.

But still... we're talking upwards of 2 kilometer dreadnoughts that can dang near turn on a dime, land on a planet, and still split a Sovereign class starship stem to stern with a direct hit! Hell... we found the wreckage of an old Herald ship in Andromeda that may have been killed by a Reaper.

Despite our advances... our ships are still vulnerable to their main guns. We just happen to be playing by different rules than they set up in Andromeda. And we're not ready to repell a full on Galactic Invasion. We don't have the capability of protecting everyone because there are still massive regions of our galaxy we haven't explored yet, let alone have the ability to get to.

As much as I'd love to see the Borg Collective get their Collective heads handed to them... that's resources for the Reapers we cannot allow them to have.

And all this is why I need an aspirin right now. Even Ijoula's complaining about having to think about all the implications of a Reaper invasion of our galaxy.
  • Options
    (as i recall, the crimson fang took a direct hit from that cannon and took only moderate damage - of course, it was A: a klingon ship, and B: armored to resist that type of weapon, after what happened at the citadel)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Briana: I mean... we can get to whatever reaches of the galaxy, now if we needed to. Look this whole prospect seems pretty damn horrifying, I'm not going to lie.... but there is hope for us here..

in a galaxy surrounded by some energy barrier, filled with doomsday machines with near impenetrable armour that eat and destroy planets, machine men that aspire to be human or human like, protomatter devices that can bring life or ruin to entire planets, hundreds if not thousands of diffrent types of weapons, hundreds if not thousands of types of species, life seemingly teeming throughout the galaxy.... there is hope. At least enough hope to fight.

I know you mom so I know you've seen the movie with the words "We are fighting for our right to live. To exist." The words, "We will not go quietly into the night!"

I know you're stressed and I know you probably feel the weight of all this on your shoulders but nobody here is asking you to be the absolute savior of the milky way. We... or at least I, want you to do the best you can... do your part as the person I spent my life looking up to while trusting your friends and the people fighting by your side. This is not your burden to bear alone
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    matthew: and i mean...you survived amon just fine, and i personally think he was worse than a bunch of metal cuttlefish *he says, appearing silently behind krystal as he often does*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: *Looks at matthew* Do you agree with any of the stuff i just said to her?
  • Options
    Krystal: Amon's not exactly the best instance to point out... *deadpan tone*
  • Options
    matthew: but you survived - i'd say any instance you walked away from is a good one to point out​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: Oh yea... point out the one instance where I was a total wreck from the start. *turns to face Matthew* Not exactly inspiring to point out one time I failed as a Captain!
  • Options
    Briana: *Sighs and looks at jakara* guess everything went in one ear and out the other once she heard that.... why do I try?
  • Options
    matt: well, in case you haven't noticed, it's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to inspire you, because every time i try, you twist it into a dogdamn demoralization act!​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: And she just ignored everything else i said.... *Crosses her arms, looking down at the ground facing jakara*
  • Options
    Krystal: How about you not bring that one instance up instead. *brings a hand to her head* Now I REALLY need that aspirin...
  • Options
    Briana: .... *Sighs* Still just dismissing what i said *Continues walking with them, opening the doors to her quarters and crossing her arms, leaning against the wall next to the door* You guys can go in first i guess...
  • Options
    jakara: *shrugs walking in.* alright then.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Briana: Yeah... *Sighs* you gonna go in? or ignore me saying that too?
  • Options
    jakara: who me?