test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,160 Arc User
    Briana* *Looks into the room* No, not you.... you already went in.... Who just ignored all the things i said because someone said one other thing she took the wrong way?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (*squirts thread with nanov jelly*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    (Wow... wanna know something funny shadow? Rattler told me he was waiting on you to say something in that conversation. Nanov jelly instead. Lol)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (what the hell was i supposed to say? 'stop twisting inspiration speeches into demoralizing ones!' pretty much covers things)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (I dont know, man. Rattler thought you'd say something, I thought you just went to bed or something then. I mean I did ask him "what if he is waiting on you too?")
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    (also...i finally found a game i had seen in the past and was recently looking for again that i kind of wish more of the type would be made - namely, an alt history WW2 RTS game where natzi germany didn't collapse in 1945 and continued developing its techbase for several more decades, creating even more experimental things than they did during the war

and the game in question was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Front:_Turning_Point )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Damn, I remember that game. Was interesting)
  • Options
    (yeah...i'd like to see more games like that - natzis in WW2 are MASSIVELY overdone...i'd like to see them actually survive into modern times, or even into the future...like, what kind of design aesthetic would they give starships, what kind of directed-energy weapons and other kinds of special tech would they use...would they even USE directed-energy weapons in space - TRIBBLE like that)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (The newer Wolfenstein games are some games I can think of like that.. Them colonizing venus in the 60's. Iron sky Is another I believe.... did you ever see stuff about the leaked Harry Potter RPG last year? Unrelated to what you're talking about but I was thinking about it earlier and I thought you may like it.)
  • Options
    (yeah, i plan to check out wolfenstein: the new order after i finish my current youtube let's play of A.T.O.M and war front - that looks to have blended elements of occultism and wacky sci-fi goodies, ala red alert)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    (The point Krystal was trying to make was "if you're gonna try to be inspiring, don't use an event the target of your speech views as a failure". Krystal would rather forget about how she handeled the battle against Amon because she was not at her best and things went sideways real quick for her.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (And in the process she ignored everything bri had said that actually sounded better than that. But she doesnt even acknowledge that she heard it)
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    (things went sideways for EVERYONE during that fight - krystal is not a special snowflake in that regard

i mean, raynor even literally said, SECONDS after entering the void 'things are going sideways real fast here')​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (It was less chaos and more the fact at the time she was indecisive and really off her game. Its more a personal thing than just "everything went to hell". If it was because everything went to hell... her entire career would be a low point. Others may view it as just another day, but for Krystal its one of those skeletons in her closet, and she doesn't want to be reminded of what she views as a personal failure.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (And looks like what I'm saying is ignored IC and OOC.)
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,908 Arc User
    jakara: *looks over at briana* err hey maybe we should go find the little tyke, she must've wondered off.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Briana: yeah... maybe we should..... I think she hates me though.... I just kinda wanna chug down a bottle of tequila.. or whiskey... or rum... or maybe all three of those at once...
  • Options
    jakara: c'mon lets go. *puts her arm around brianas shoulder leading her away and down the hall.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Briana: *Sighs glumly* Okay.... *Leans into jakara* You guys can just go in my quarters and wait till i get back before i show you my project.... make yourselves at home... We will be back in a few...... *Turns her head back, some of the sad emotion leaving her voice* and don't touch my plate of nachos!
  • Options
    *matthew freezes, having just crunched a nacho* frak​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: *Takes a deep breath, hearing the nacho crunch* I'll replicate more when i get back.... the meat and nacho cheese probably went cold while I was on DS9. *Continues walking with jakara* he can have them...

(Headed to the store for a bit. will respond when i can)
  • Options
    jakara: *makes her way down to the shuttle bay.* do you feel like talking about it?
  • Options
    Krystal: *sighs* Come on Reina. Lets get some rest while we can.
  • Options
    (Nevermind about the project and waiting then..... Shoulda saw it coming)

Briana: Sure... Its just mom... You saw how she acted.... It didn't matter what I said, She just locked right on to Matthew. Everything i said went down the drain. in one ear out the other! I poured out my heart there, put in a lot of effort thinking about what i wanted to say. but in the end it didn't matter at all because she took what was supposed to be encouragement from someone else completely the wrong way. She's not gonna Know or remember what i said... And i can't say it twice. saying it twice is useless. It was filled with in the moment passion.... If i had to say it again it would be half hearted and not even matter! Part of me just wants to scream because of the way she's like this! I'm i that useless and forgettable? Will i ever be able to say something to her that matters... She's a wreck here, Not like mom back home.

(I am back from the store. They had a sale on pudding so i got a whole bunch of butterscotch pudding)
  • Options
    (yeah, seriously...krystal could've at least given a PASSING acknowledgment of what briana said)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    jakara: she does seem to find demoralization in basically all encouragement you give her. she really is an utter wreak here.... its not your fault that she refused to listen to anything positive bri dont blame yourself for her flaws.
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    *Tepes, Security Station*

Prime Raneson: *Is finishing up on a report, when one of the security ensigns informs her of the bombings* ... What... Okay... I'll inform the Captain... *Presses a button on her wrist comm* Raneson to Captain O'Connor. We have a problem...
    Post edited by sevenofnine13141 on
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    Briana: *Sighs* I'm not blaming myself.... I'm just upset I can't say anything that she'll listen to...

Nick: *Taps his commbadge* What is it, Raneson?
  • Options
    jakara: i know bri.... i know... *she stops walking and opens her arms engulfing briana in a gentle hug as she strokes the back of her head.* it was really inspiring what you said, even if she didnt hear it.
  • Options
    Briana: *Hugs jakara back tightly* Thanks..