test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's not DX9. Because I've tried DX10 and 11. Cryptic changed something with the graphics which is conflicting with a large variety of PC and Laptop systems. Since this conflict is impacting the graphics card, whether you have a built in version or stand-alone card, it's obvious that Cryptic screwed up, not bothering to try and fix this problem when it was reported on the test servers.

The devs need to remove the S8 patch and roll it back.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    It's not DX9. Because I've tried DX10 and 11. Cryptic changed something with the graphics which is conflicting with a large variety of PC and Laptop systems. Since this conflict is impacting the graphics card, whether you have a built in version or stand-alone card, it's obvious that Cryptic screwed up, not bothering to try and fix this problem when it was reported on the test servers.

The devs need to remove the S8 patch and roll it back.

Roll back was a good idea when I first brought it up when we had the same problem on tribble, but didnt happen and wont happen here in this case as well as I think according to them its too late and players that can log in would loose stuff. Cant remember if that last part was right on what they said.

Also ive noticed that some of u get different Ticket number when u log in to normal and safe mode. But I keep getting the same on in both cases the 18897741 on normal and when i launch on safe mode.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic definitely has a problem with half of STO gamers able to log in with no problem and the other half stuck with no way to log in. I don't see Cryptic fixing this problem. I think they rolled the dice and decided that if they can't fix it, that they probably aren't going to bother to fix it.

This is going on five days now and no end in sight, no fix, and no daily updates on where they are.

Communication is definitely not a word in Cryptic's vocabulary. Because, if it was, they would be keeping us updated daily on where they are at. They don't seem to realize that keeping quiet is only fueling the anger at this moment.

I'm not criticizing Cryptic but this failure is worse than the failure of the Obamacare website.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »
    Another day, another #18897741.

I'm a lifer, so I do not care myself. But do people with monthly payments get, at least, a partial refund or credit for not being able to play for days?

First, I like to say Congratulations on your wins at the
    "The Second annual (Last 500), Most Amusing Posts Award's!"
    and (with your new sig), giving me the first really good laugh of the day!
    Good Morning to you too!

And to answer your question, the sto "agreement", is a no refund policy.
    However, if you've paid with a credit card (I'd say anytime in the last month),
    you should be able to call them (CC Company), and contest payment.
    They are really very good about refunding bogus purchases.
    (ie: A game that can't actually be played).
    Same would apply if you've purchased a "Lifetime Membership" recently.

A few of those actions would probably do far more for getting the Fleets of Lepers back online than posting error codes here...you'd be speaking their native language.
    107 pages and still nothing xD
    I dont have the problem myself but...
    How many of you are using directx 9 ?

DAMMIT darksharkulla, I'M AN AWARDS SHOW HOST NOT A MATHEMATICIAN!

Would you believe 643? Ya, that's the ticket...
    643 dx9, 596 dx10, and 431 dx11.
    (Based on my best guess of what percentage of people may or may not be using for os's)

Seriously though, the only way you can help your friend, is to let him login your
    pc with his account so he can play. But BE WARNED...this close proximity to a
    Fleet of Leper's member could cause infection to yourself. And there is no cure as of yet...
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sircandisircandi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All they are doing is making their customers look elsewhere with this lack of communication and progress with this problem. A problem that should have been fixed on Tribble.

I have to say SWTOR has been a very fun game these past few days. My starting character didn't get stuck in a tutorial quest. I didn't have the misfortune of being told by a customer service department that I have to DELETE my character.

Hope they fix this soon. LTS or not I'm losing interest.

Tex
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another ticket to add to my already enormous collection. I'm gonna need a new display cabinet if this continues for much longer.

Even the crash data collector is bugged now. Gave me an "unknown" for a ticket number before crashing itself a few moments later.

You know you're in trouble when your crash handler is crashing.

Fortunately Cryptic you'll be glad to know that besides from the hours spent trying to log in and the time spent trying to get even the most basic of responses I've kept mysef entertained.

On SWTOR. Laters.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok ok i had to ask but ye...

Before the update half the ppl had a problem with the game , not being able ot ever run it full screen.

So for me that got fixed but for some of those that didnt have that problem , they have this now.

Well kinda sad Cryptic and PWE cant solve it for such a long time but ye. I guess my friend has 2 very bad options ...
  • Options
    ice3577ice3577 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi I have the same problem: when loading Cryptic Client the graphic card (a NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE) crashes and the system prompt the error d3derr_invalidcall.

The problem started on November the 16th. I reinstalled game, tried with Cryptic Launcher and ARC, but I reach always the same result: graphic card crash and d3derr_invalidcall error, obviously the client stop working.

I have installed the last version of driver for my card and Direct3D 11, but this doesn't resolve the problem.

Please can someone help me?
  • Options
    txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wonder if we could get a "Persistent Officer" title for use in game for our presistence at logging in when we all know we cannot log in until we receive a message that we can.

That way we can all nod at eachother knowingly in game.
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This problem is solely with Cryptic. Has nothing to do with your graphics cards or drivers. This is affecting STO players 50/50.
  • Options
    rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow I am speachless ummm ok maybe not. Its great to be listed in that. I am simply trying to keep the mood light. Thank you!

BTW I was wondering if there would there be enough interested parties to actually form the Fleet of Lepers in game?

We each grab an alt and put it in. Open door policy for us only restriction would be we have to have suffered from the crashes.

Starbase wouldnt matter We could start it for fc's for the alts if you want the gear though go to your main fleet grab it then come back.

just a thought.

*Dibbs on Admiral*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I wonder if we could get a "Persistent Officer" title for use in game for our presistence at logging in when we all know we cannot log in until we receive a message that we can.

lmao... (that's two today already!).
    I'd wear that title proudly, for sure.

*nods knowingly*...lol...I can't stop laughing!
    Other players will be like, How the heck do you get THAT title?
    And we'll be like, "Don't ask".

It's no wonder you're...
    Winner of the Second annual (Last 500) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Award
    Winner of the Second annual (Last 500) Most Amusing Posts Award For properly editing the bugs out of the email from Star Trek Online, announcing the Season 8 content update
    Nominee for the Third annual (Last 500) Most Amusing Post Award For best signature
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kairam8kairam8 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Alright, I have two systems, laptop and desktop. The laptop is an older MSI model, the desktop is a custom build. There's a LOT different between the two, but my hunch is that there's an issue with (as a few have suspected) either a texture, effect or ship model.

The reason I say this is that I was able to get my character to Nukara on my laptop after many, MANY crashes. Safe-mode helped and led to longer times between crashes in sector/system space. But, when actually down on Nukara, I was able to play for two hours with no issue. I was able to queue and play a round of Azure nebula rescue as well, and there were no Voth lockbox ships there. That's part of the reason why I'm leaning towards an issue with Voth ship, specifically, as part of the problem. Some systems seems to be able to handle it, some crash.

Switching to the desktop, there were no crashes in several hours of play. No crashes in sector space, no crashes in any system (Sol & Solanae areas), no problems in any ground area. Literally no crashing issues when on the better system.

Here's the specs for each:

Laptop:

MSI EX630
    AMD Turion RM-70 2Ghz
    3GB Ram
    Vista 32-bit
    GeForce 9400M

Desktop:

Biostar Mobo
    AMD Phenom II X4 965
    8GB RAM
    Windows 7
    Sapphire Radeon 7850 2GB

So... yeah. I agree with Kimcha that the fix is going to be on Cryptic to handle, as the workaround of switching up hardware is going to driver away users in droves.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure they already have a fix underway, but its probably so massive that its just taking a while to recode. Weekend came, they needed the time off to refresh their heads, then back to the coding monday for the new episode 'Season 8 - The Big Fix'..

However this new episode can ONLY be played by the fleet of lepers. Other fleets stand aside! We're comin thru!

*I say we use the heavy plasma cannons on the whole damn thing and blast it away into nothingness and start from scratch*

Its all for ****s-n-giggles now guys..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well I had to try ... pffft

Leper Fleet Submission - Crash on Load
    Ticket # 25316319
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Partial quote:
    kairam8 wrote: »
    I was able to get my character to Nukara on my laptop after many, MANY crashes. Safe-mode helped and led to longer times between crashes in sector/system space. But, when actually down on Nukara, I was able to play for two hours with no issue.
    Switching to the desktop, there were no crashes in several hours of play.

Even though your experiences and specs are very helpful, and we all (seriously),
    appreciate your efforts, it would seem you only have one foot in the Fleet of Lepers,
    and therefore will not qualify for the Persistent Officer Title.
    Nice try though.
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ice3577 wrote: »
    Hi I have the same problem: when loading Cryptic Client the graphic card (a NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE) crashes and the system prompt the error d3derr_invalidcall.

The problem started on November the 16th. I reinstalled game, tried with Cryptic Launcher and ARC, but I reach always the same result: graphic card crash and d3derr_invalidcall error, obviously the client stop working.

I have installed the last version of driver for my card and Direct3D 11, but this doesn't resolve the problem.

Please can someone help me?

I read somewhere that if you change your DirectX driver, you should reload your games because when you installed the games, they were setting up for your previous directx setup. Try deleting your Piggs and .patch and prepatch files, then spend the several hours re-updating the 12gb patch. Maybe that will reconfigure the game to adjust to the new direcctx you loaded.

There are other posts that which discribes how to reload the patch
    Just a thought
  • Options
    darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Problem is in the way Cryptics launcher communicates with the GPU driver and/or directx.

They changed something so it all ends up somewhat ... wrong!

50/50 or 60/40 or 70/30 Cryptic seem to be enjoying their weekends while a large ammount of players cant do squat.

Not to mention that after almost 110 pagse nothing of any kinda of use has come up.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Still no problem getting in the game on my HP Probook 6540b .. In the game right now. Just so awkward playing it on the laptop..
  • Options
    williamchandlerwilliamchandler Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Been trying to log in all weekend. Ive also been monitoring this thread in hopes a Hero of a Dev would fix the issue soon and post it here. But i am Captain Derek, and i am a Leper. As of right now, we ALL are lepers. But we enter into lines behind Cryptics assistance desk to reclaim our toons. We do this proudly, for we are STOs Playerbase!!!
  • Options
    txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Partial quote:

Even though your experiences and specs are very helpful, and we all (seriously),
    appreciate your efforts, it would seem you only have one foot in the Fleet of Lepers,
    and therefore will not qualify for the Persistent Officer Title.
    Nice try though.

Anyone not fully locked out is barred from the Persistent Officer title. Anyone somehow in the game, even in a way that makes you wish you were still locked out, gets the Questionably Lucky title.
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Sunday afternoon... (local time GMT -3:00 BRST)

still getting the ticket #25316319
    already tried the safe mode... dont work...
    rollback drivers... dont work...
    launch without the steam in background... dont work...
    launch without any other programm on background... dont work...
    i really imagine at this point the team who working on this one already know what went wrong (besides the fact that they let a game crash pass by from tribble to holodeck:rolleyes:)
    they just are having a pain in the head trying find a way to fix it...

tomorrow its monday... maybe we have good news... maybe dont...
    so hang up everyone its going to be a hell of a week!!!
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Freaking awesome idea. I've spent hundreds on STO & am disappointed that that doesn't matter to Cryptic or PWE (who should we blame, anyways?), in this situation. Silly me, expecting timely resolution to a crash caused by patch. If I were dictator of the world, they'd be working 24/7 on this issue. Certainly, they deserve time off; just not all at once. They're losing money, because I planned on taking advantage of the 15% Zen sale (like I always do). Was locked out for a week after 10/3's patch. I assume I'll be dealing with game crashes at load screen until this coming Thursday's patch, making for NINE days of denying this Lifetime member/Fleet Admiral access to his only addiction. Me a sad & depressed 'lil gamer now. I try to make light of the issue. I have faith it'll be fixed. It's the timeframe that upsets me. :-( *whimper*
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I was looking around and found this log, at this path:

Start/ Program files/ Perfectworld entertainment/ ARC/ Log

12:20:31.593 [2980]: [WARN] [CHTTPResponseHeader] [GetModifyTime] query ContentMD5 fail, [ERROR CODE] 12150
    12:20:31.593 [2980]: [ERROR] Create idx failed. errno: 2, line:595
    12:20:34.843 [3008]: [WARN] IdxCacheFS.cpp 223 lines. FS all unfilled section are downloading.
    12:20:34.953 [2972]: [ERROR] ERRORINFO:207.108.220.136,0,0,0,200,0,-1

This log is from the 12th of November, on the day of the new season start.

Another odd document I found on this path:
    Start/ program files/ Perfect world entertainment/ StarTrek online_en/ localdata

{

List
    {
    Windowtype 2
    Dlgresourceid 132
    Width 219
    Height 95
    }
    }

This may account for the little window that briefly pops up when it changes from the cryptic screen to the LOR screen. Least the dimensions match the size of it.

Looking at the start trek file. They have a redistribution copy of directx 9, that is downloaded with that game
    That would make me think that we are still in the directx9 phase.(unless they didn't want to inform us of the technical change and system requirement change.) Which should be included in a new season patch.

This is a lonnnnnng weeeekend!
  • Options
    kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic definitely has a problem with half of STO gamers able to log in with no problem and the other half stuck with no way to log in. I don't see Cryptic fixing this problem. I think they rolled the dice and decided that if they can't fix it, that they probably aren't going to bother to fix it.

This is going on five days now and no end in sight, no fix, and no daily updates on where they are.

Communication is definitely not a word in Cryptic's vocabulary. Because, if it was, they would be keeping us updated daily on where they are at. They don't seem to realize that keeping quiet is only fueling the anger at this moment.

I'm not criticizing Cryptic but this failure is worse than the failure of the Obamacare website.

Here I thought Cryptic was trying to emulate the failure of Obamacare, and it's really the other way around.

Communication definitely isn't their strong point. They did gamble considering this issue was reported in Tribble, that supposed test server, and lost. Last crash I was just barely able to complete Crystalline Catastrophe because of their mess. Now I'll lose that new tribble this time. This is beyond acceptable since they already knew about the bug before Season 8 when live on holodeck. This is more than poor customer service, it's horrible negligence on their part.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    There hasn't been any response from Cryptic because they decided to take the weekend off.

I think they need to trash the launcher and re-create a brand new one because obviously nobody at Cryptic can figure out what the problem is.
  • Options
    sleezypaladinsleezypaladin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *Slams Open Trap Door*
    *Stomps Angrily Up Out Of The Basement Dungeon*
    *Glares Balefully Around At The Other Captains*

Oi Oi Listen up you Lot. I want Three Orderly Lines.

Line One will be sharp objects (i.e Pitchforks,Axes,Rakes,Ball bats with nails in the ends.)

Line Two will be blunt objects (i.e Torches,Clubs,Maces,Ball Bats with out nails)

* No Will that's a morning star you go in line one*

Line Three will be Miscellaneous Objects (i.e Boiling Oil,Tar,Feathers,Iron Maidens,Snacks,Coolers of Beer and sandwiches.)

*No Joe those are whiskey bottles filled with cement you belong in Line Two*

*Begins patting his pockets while muttering Maps,Maps,Maps* ah *Blinks* Oi any one got a Map to get to Cryptic?

Oi also Don't Forget your own Bus fair,Air Fair,Gas Money for those of you car pooling.

*Dammit Tom That's a freaking stick of dynamite Put that down we're an angry mob not terrorists :rolleyes:*

Ah i feel slightly better now.i been playing STO since Bata tests. this is the first time i have ever had a problem like this.and it is really starting to tick me off. hopefully they get it fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

*Nods at the admiral at the transporter room*

"Oh, hey! Gotta Run! Gotta drop a load, so I can get back to the STO forums or I'll miss something!"

*The Admiral, Nods*

"Carry on!", the admiral says. Turning his head back to his pad, headlines reading, "Leper colony Growing out of control".

Suddenly. He hears a scream from down the main hall. He looks up and sees an ensign running out of the bathroom, with his tights down to his ankles.

"Aaaaahh! I've been circumcised" Said the ensign.

Adrimal yells down the hall, " Welcome to the Leper Fleet!"

*Nods*
  • Options
    kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There hasn't been any response from Cryptic because they decided to take the weekend off.

I think they need to trash the launcher and re-create a brand new one because obviously nobody at Cryptic can figure out what the problem is.

So if your electricity is out do to a storm or something would you be okay with the electric company neglecting to complete it's repairs just because it's a weekend.
This discussion has been closed.