What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I refuse to buy anything new just to play the game... I spend enough to play as it is.... this is their issue... if they don't attempt to fix it or even acknowledge we need assistance bad as I hate to leave i will rather than keep paying for a service I'm not getting.
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've sent like 20-25 tickets to them :D I'll keep going til they tell us "We've located the exact problem and are working on a patch to repair it"
  • Options
    bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    STILL crashing
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    STILL crashing
    same here updated every driver i have... my friend is looking into so other options but honestly i've given up hope... had better service playing farmville!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    STO, ROLL BACK THE PATCH just as a temporary measure, work on it on tribble . ROLL IT BACK BEFORE YOU START TO LOOSE CUSTOMERS AND MONEY
  • Options
    nomad769nomad769 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    this is a serious issue that if it isnt resolved you will lose faithful and valued customers.....More over i will be super pissed if i have pissed the past year away on this game only to have some patch ruin it
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nomad769 wrote: »
    .....More over i will be super pissed if i have pissed the past year away on this game only to have some patch ruin it

couldn't have put it better myself
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am now at the point where my characters won't even load now, at all, nor will creating a new character, thus none of the play options even light up.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    you're still getting further than me, i've gotten as far as about 80% of the bar on the black cryptic loading screen
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    thats the same with mine
    you're still getting further than me, i've gotten as far as about 80% of the bar on the black cryptic loading screen
  • Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This patch is an epic fail.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Quit whining, people. You are not entitled to compensation, and they could care less if you decide to toss your toys out of the pram and pout. Posting on here that you're being ignored at 3 in the frickin' morning? Anyone who could be helping you is asleep. Read the terms of service that you agree to every time you log in - they spell it our pretty plainly.

Whining and threatening does no good at all. If you want this resolved, gather as much information about your machine and software as possible, and file a ticket at the support site, support.perfectworld.com. Then for heaven's sake, have a tiny bit of patience. Play something else. Read a frickin' book. Anything but wasting everyone's time with idle threats.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i agree whole heartedly with boneskth
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i will say what i want! its pretty damn bad im gonna miss my own damn fleet promotion ceremony because they cant get their **** together
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I refuse to buy anything new just to play the game... I spend enough to play as it is.... this is their issue... if they don't attempt to fix it or even acknowledge we need assistance bad as I hate to leave i will rather than keep paying for a service I'm not getting.

If you bothered to read the date stamp, we've been complaining SINCE the patch was introduced.
  • Options
    nekomimimode2nekomimimode2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Please do not patch this game anymore on Tuesday through Sunday. Only patch on Monday since you are not willing to work when you make a mistake and its the weekend.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Quit whining, people. You are not entitled to compensation, and they could care less if you decide to toss your toys out of the pram and pout. Posting on here that you're being ignored at 3 in the frickin' morning? Anyone who could be helping you is asleep. Read the terms of service that you agree to every time you log in - they spell it our pretty plainly.

Whining and threatening does no good at all. If you want this resolved, gather as much information about your machine and software as possible, and file a ticket at the support site, support.perfectworld.com. Then for heaven's sake, have a tiny bit of patience. Play something else. Read a frickin' book. Anything but wasting everyone's time with idle threats.

As a player who plays this game for free, I concur with your statement. However, the reply I received from tech support on late Friday afternoon, basically blamed my system for problem and suggest 10 various steps to try. After WASTING 6 hours gathering info to resubmit to tech support, I will go out and enjoy the weekend until Monday with the hopes that info I supplied will get them to realize the problem is with THEIR patch, not MY system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Is it me or does it seem like it's people with ati radeon cards that are crashing?

I ain't changing my working computer for a game, no matter how much I love it. God knows how much I love you sto.

Nope intel here.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As a player who plays this game for free, I concur with your statement. However, the reply I received from tech support on late Friday afternoon, basically blamed my system for problem and suggest 10 various steps to try. After WASTING 6 hours gathering info to resubmit to tech support, I will go out and enjoy the weekend until Monday with the hopes that info I supplied will get them to realize the problem is with THEIR patch, not MY system.
    Unfortunately, 99% of the time problems like this tend to be on the users end, so that is always the first 'answer' until proven otherwise. Kinda like when you call the cable company and the first thing they make you do is reboot the cable modem and reset the converter box. And from their point of view, it *is* on our end. Otherwise, no one would be able to play. :/

Anyway, folks just need to be calm and submit tickets so that they can figure out what is causing the problem and implement a fix or give us a way to get around it. They aren't going to roll back a patch just because a few hundred people can't play. Much as we all might wish otherwise.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ok guys its the vid cards... thank God my brother in law has a garage full of old parts from his older game pcs.... he fixed me right up with a nvidia card... its not even to spec for the game and it works like a dream... so this is on loan until hopefully i can buy the one i need... at least this has worked for me... good luck!
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately, 99% of the time problems like this tend to be on the users end, so that is always the first 'answer' until proven otherwise. Kinda like when you call the cable company and the first thing they make you do is reboot the cable modem and reset the converter box. And from their point of view, it *is* on our end. Otherwise, no one would be able to play. :/

Anyway, folks just need to be calm and submit tickets so that they can figure out what is causing the problem and implement a fix or give us a way to get around it. They aren't going to roll back a patch just because a few hundred people can't play. Much as we all might wish otherwise.

Really cant imagine its at our end as we are not running all in the same computer, we all have different specs and processors, yes it seams that most of us are running older models but the game for me worked fine up to and hour before this patch.

I patched the game and thats when i started having problems. This is the first time in almost the 4 years that I have been playing this game that I have had this serious problem. Im being patient as i know that they cant fix it over night but the longer i wait the more i loose this will be the 3rd day of not running the Crystalline Event for the Shards on all of my 5 Characters.
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013

No...
    It may be on the users end if you have one or two people with a given problem at any given time. Several people at the same time after a core change is not at the users end.
    If you make changes on a VPN for instance, you will affect several people while others in another VPN will have no problem at all and it will not be a problem at the affected people's end.
    The example you gave is perfect. If the cable company gets a phone call from a person, the standard procedure applies. If they get 10 or 20 from a given area and especially after an intervention on their part, then the standard procedure does not apply and it's a waste of time. Though that doesn't mean the standard procedure won't work in some cases. It's just that it's not the adequate solution.
    For instance, buying another computer may solve this issue, but is it a logical action?

Still, I agree, there is nothing to gain by loosing our temper.
  • Options
    barondeltabarondelta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, a few people have Intel cards, so it doesn?t seem like it?s only ATI cards; I?m not sure anyone has had problems with a Nvidia card, though. Anyway, I don?t think this is a case where the solution is to buy a new video card, but knowing that there?s a pattern among video cards may be useful information to the support team in fixing the problem.

To be honest, I also feel they should have rolled it back. But there really isn?t any value in getting angry here. In fact, it probably just makes it harder for anyone who -does- come here looking for useful information to find it.
  • Options
    popeye56popeye56 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I agree with what you are saying - after the patch this issue started I submitted my ticket and received multiple things to try and of course non of them worked. Then I see in the forum that it is a ram issue that is until they found out that everyone that was having the problem was running between 512 - 8gb of ram and now its video cards - whats next the version of OS we have? Enough complaints - like another post stated I just want to be able to play and I have 6 characters I am trying to gets shards for and a Fleet I need to work with - Especially since I am 1 of the Fleet Admirals:)
  • Options
    vonrockeyvonrockey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For last few days not been able to get in to the game. Starts to load and crashing before done loading.
  • Options
    jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Laptop people cant exactly change the video card.

funny how most of my posts on this forum come from patch issues
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just tried it myself and having the same issue. Anyone know if it is the Video Cards?

EDIT: This is going to be TRIBBLE people out of getting shards for the project so I hope it gets extended because of this. I can't be the only one who is getting a crash like this.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    seems to be the only thing most problems have in common.....Man to think i was going to waste monies on more zen.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still couldn't get STO to start up today. It still times out and crashes at the Cryptic loading screen.

And my card is an NVidia, so it's not the cards.