Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tamereth wrote: »
    So today it's working?

I haven't changed anything, PC hasn't done any updates or anything. I assume whatever the issue was must have been at cryptics end.

nope still cant get in havent done anything here as well tried it about and hour ago and still crash in the same place the loading cryptic screen at around 75%.

Nope just tried it and nothings changed, Are you sure u didnt change or do anything????? where u also crashing on the Cryptic loading screen??
  • Options
    bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    STO please roll back the patch, I have a fleet to maintain :( also I don't want to be drawn into playing another game
  • Options
    sfsfarrolasfsfarrola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I still cant get on, why is it taking so long ? I just dont understand.... Can we have an update on this?
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nope not working,

I'm getting a wee bit pissed off here. If you guys can't solve the problem quickly, then just roll back the patch say "hmm, this patch is glitchy for a good portion of people" and try to figure it out on tribble. I buy monthly cards and I have yet to do that, because I have yet to play!
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is insane it as if we don't exist ... are they not even checking the crash reports from the error handler? I know imust have sent in 20+ myself.
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    same here either that or having problems loading character screen
    Same here my game keeps crashing before the characters come up does anyone now how it can be fixed: chris
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    dont think they work weekend i might be wrong, but I know that out all the crashes i have had none have finished gathering reports except 1 and that was from last nights patch to the Redshirt server.

So we might have to wait till monday or if not see what the patch on thursday does :(
  • Options
    gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is insane it as if we don't exist ... are they not even checking the crash reports from the error handler? I know imust have sent in 20+ myself.
    me to just paid for zen and its been thursday since s.t.o.l has not worked please fix it
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ughhh...I'm going to mikes another 11 shard. Lol. I was just about to buy lifetime... not now though not when I can't trust the game to work... or that if it doesn't for a few its going to get overlooked!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I just paid to get my vulcan ship :( this is the first real problem that I've had with STO, I'm dissapointed. I'm going away next weekend so they better not wait untill next thursday to correct this. If they do, I will DEMAND compensation for the loss of shards, any harm that has come to my fleet.
  • Options
    thedoctor88itthedoctor88it Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been trying since the last update, but it doesn't work. Crashes every time in the same place, at 75% of Cryptic's loading screen. :(
  • Options
    banek8banek8 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yup, I think I've got an ATI card as well, could be it ... So as far as I understand most of us can't get past the CRYPTIC loading screen where it crashes to desktop, but there's also some that get to the character selection screen and then can't get past that, and some that even get in the game and it's just messing up there ...

I'm pretty certain that they don't work weekends, I mean if they'd shut the game down during weekend they'd have even more pissed off people LOL but if this ain't fixed on monday I'll just go on playing another game ... When I play a game I play the game, I don't go off and switch to something else for a while or play a bunch of games at the same time ... I haven't had such problems with any game before, and I'm already back to playing VC which might just be where I end up if this issue persists ...

And I've only been around for two weeks, but I have to say that if this twice a week update is constant, that I personally find it ridiculous ... I'm sure that they'll fix it at some point, but it's obvious that they messed up something this time, and if they put out something that hasn't been properly tested then I have to question their methods, especially with the biweekly updates ... I really don't see the point in having updates so often unless there's a serious issue that needs to be resolved ... With a game that's been around for so long there shouldn't be any serious issues! And it's really not like they made some extensive changes with the last patch, so I really don't understand why they do this so often ...

Once or twice a month should be more than enough (unless there's some serious issues!) and I really don't mind if then the game would be offline for an hour or two longer and take twice the time to patch ... it bothers me much more that I can't play it two days in the week late in the afternoon ...
  • Options
    nithrielnithriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I readed the last posts when I stumbled over the idea ATI Graphics could be the reason. I have ATI Radeon xpress 1100 (stands next to my keybord). Then I had an crazy idea: I had some problems with graphics. (couldn't play the stf with the borg queen because of green screen, had light problems in the updated starbase...) What if they changed the graphics bases? I read, that some of the graphics are different now. I am really no expert but it would make sense to me. Perhaps it is connected.

I am sad about the loss of the shards. I haven't also completed the last shardevent and I really wanted to finish just that one.

It seems that I will end up playing Lord of the Rings again after there is no fix in sight.

GUYS I BEG YOU!!! FIX IT!!
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    characters loaded up fast

COULD IT BE? THIS GAME WILL ALLOW ITSELF TO BE PLAYED?

join cataclysm event for CE... immediately SERVER NOT RESPONDING

DISCONNECTED FROM THE SERVER
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nithriel wrote: »
    I readed the last posts when I stumbled over the idea ATI Graphics could be the reason. I have ATI Radeon xpress 1100 (stands next to my keybord). Then I had an crazy idea: I had some problems with graphics. (couldn't play the stf with the borg queen because of green screen, had light problems in the updated starbase...) What if they changed the graphics bases? I read, that some of the graphics are different now. I am really no expert but it would make sense to me. Perhaps it is connected.

I am sad about the loss of the shards. I haven't also completed the last shardevent and I really wanted to finish just that one.

It seems that I will end up playing Lord of the Rings again after there is no fix in sight.

Oh boy you and I have the exact same problem. I also cant play Into the Hive Ground once I beam in all I see is Black no light are on and also the Fleet Starbase but only the lobby part of the base is dark once I go into the turbo lift and go to sickbay or engineering im fine I can see perfectly
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nithriel wrote: »

I REALLY HOPE THIS IS NOT THE CASE it will mean I'd have to stop playing. I was in a car crash a few months back and as a result from my injuries I lost my job, I don't have enough money to get a new graphics card!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ati radon...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm not buying a new graphic card... no. f* no...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    downloading the manager for it to see if it'll update
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure it's the graphics card; a couple of us seem to have Intel graphics cards and we're having the same problem...

All I know is; day three, still no joy. 75% and crash just like Thursday and Friday...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I have a radeon, although it's an old x7xx series. There hasnt been an update for it in years. I see what your saying nithriel, you could be right, I just hope your not as I cant get a better graphic card for this machine then the one I already have, even if I could afford it.
    It also worries me just how quiet it's gone on the offical side of this, no more info updates from pwebranflakes in nearly a day (22 hours).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I REALLY HOPE THIS IS NOT THE CASE it will mean I'd have to stop playing. I was in a car crash a few months back and as a result from my injuries I lost my job, I don't have enough money to get a new graphics card!!!!
    I'm in the same boat back injury has me out of work... this was about the only thing I can enjoy playing game on pc cause mobility is limited for me... This kept me goal oriented as well as gave me a social outlet... so please fix it... and no i don't think we will have to get new cards... they can make it work with any card i should think... if they just will try. I really am deeply disappointed in the lack of service offered to us tho....
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sfsfarrola wrote: »
    I have a radeon, although it's an old x7xx series. There hasnt been an update for it in years. I see what your saying nithriel, you could be right, I just hope your not as I cant get a better graphic card for this machine then the one I already have, even if I could afford it.
    It also worries me just how quiet it's gone on the offical side of this, no more info updates from pwebranflakes in nearly a day (22 hours).

Brandon is off till monday he does not work usually weekend. And yes I cant afford to buy a new graphic card here as not working at the moment sadly. He does not tweet weekend usually not till monday morning, and yes i have an intel my self so its not just radeon thats being affected
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well I suppose thats good to know of both fronts, but surely they have someone inhouse that will communicate with us in his place of the weekend ?
  • Options
    dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My daughter can get on using a NVidia GForce graphics card. However it is very laggy. Not a lot of folks on in comparison to normal either.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sorry, 9-5 Pacific timezone.

Well, my driver is up to date so no go on that. Meaning, it's NOT US! Sigh...
  • Options
    kdforeverkdforever Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am running windows XP, since the patch on 10/3 my game has been crashing right after the CRYPTIC loading screen, before you get to character selection. Please fix this bug.
  • Options
    taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    axeldax wrote: »
    I have also an old Radeon video card X600, which was working perfectly before ...

+

Windows XP SP3
    3 GO RAM

im running the x300 same deal working perfect before also running 1.86 ghz intel processor 2 gb ram and xp sp3
  • Options
    taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    its looking more and more likely that I will need a new computer just to play so guess ill just have to stop my subscription with that and my 2013/14 tax return next year I may just be able to start playing agian TRIBBLE :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    wag33z1wag33z1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I seriously hope they fix this.My PC meets or exceeds the minimum game requirements.If its a bug with ATI video cards they better correct that too, ATI is a very large video card and hardware manufacturer to big to just ignore.If they do not correct this I guess that'll be the end of this game.Wonder if NVidia paid them to do this?I hope not as it looks like they'll lose half there player base.Some of us have been around since the Beta testing.Keep your hopes up guys they might be a bit on the slow side but I don't think there stupid.Either way anybody who's made any credit card purchases lately with them might want to decline payment until this issue is corrected.

FYI- If your having problems since the 10-03-2013 patch be sure you go to support and submit a trouble ticket.Maybe 500 thousand trouble tickets might spark there interest.BEST OF WISHES EVERYBODY!