Comments

• Options
    sfsfarrolasfsfarrola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont like the sound of this....
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    no but i will.... i forgot about all the old cache stuff and deleted items on the disk drive... duh... Good idea will let you know if it works!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hmmmm why cant they just revert back to before the patch darn it :( everything was fine before it plus really no big changes where implemented that we cant deal with
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still getting same problem, unable to load game. Load bar gets about 75% done before crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    hmmmm why cant they just revert back to before the patch darn it :( everything was fine before it plus really no big changes where implemented that we cant deal with

I agree completely... and as bad as it is sounds to say out loud I hope it starts to affect more ppl the more with problems the more likely it gets fixed... so far its been a very small percentage and they've done nothing i can see to even attempt to fix it.... i'm sry for anyone with this problem... its the most annoying issue i ever had in game!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I agree completely... and as bad as it is sounds to say out loud I hope it starts to affect more ppl the more with problems the more likely it gets fixed... so far its been a very small percentage and they've done nothing i can see to even attempt to fix it.... i'm sry for anyone with this problem... its the most annoying issue i ever had in game!

hehehehehehe I wanted to write that since a few hours ago but could not bare to do it and wish bad luck to other players lol
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    hehehehehehe I wanted to write that since a few hours ago but could not bare to do it and wish bad luck to other players lol
    Lol yes I know its horrible... but I can't be held accountable its my addiction speaking! No joke though its affecting a lot of ppl. In never winter now the way support lists show.... error 36....
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Lol yes I know its horrible... but I can't be held accountable its my addiction speaking! No joke though its affecting a lot of ppl. In never winter now the way support lists show.... error 36....

well like i said before its beginning to spread then, also i have this terrible feeling we are going to go on the weekend and still not have this resolved :(
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Good morning, Captains.

While the team continues to investigate, they have worked with the Tech Support team to create this support article: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4287/kw/STO

Please take a look at it when you can, as well at the suggested solutions provided (especially re: updating your drivers). If the issue is still outstanding, please do make sure to file a Tech Support ticket here, using the "Tech Support" category, and include as many details about your system as possible: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

We appreciate your continued patience and we look forward to seeing you in-game again soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Again, thanks Brandon.
    Now, please don't take this the wrong way but the "tips" provided aren't tips at all. This is like someone changing the tires on you car, you drive it and start to feel you aren't getting any grip. Then they tell you to repave the road as a solution. Sure, it actually might work here or there, but the real solution must be dealing with what caused the problem.
    None of us experiencing the issue changed our computers. What changed was the game through the patch. Also it always crashes at the same point. So, it's either accumulative form what is being loaded before, or it's something specific at that point. This is what needs to be checked. Different OS with different specs are getting the same problem, so it's not a matter of updating this or that on each person's equipment.
    I actually think it could be a RAM issue but not so much in terms of amount, but usage/allocation. Sadly I do not know enough about the subject to investigate.
  • Options
    banek8banek8 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok guys, I finally found the thread I was looking for! I read the first message to find out that this is exactly what I'm experiencing, after engaging the game crashes to desktop with the progress bar being about 80% full ... Since then I've tried everything, even uninstalled and re-installed the game, and I always get the same issue ...

One thing that I have to add is, that after patching, the game went to engage and crashed, after I launched it again it took some 10-20 minutes to verify 94850 files, after which the same thing happened, it engages and crashes to desktop with the progress bar being about 80% full ...

I use a rather old laptop that does not meet the system requirements, but so far I wasn't experiencing any loading issues whatsoever and the graphics lag wasn't so bad ... As I said, I know I have a dinosaur of a computer, but till this latest patch I had NO (as ZERO, as NONE WHATSOEVER) issues with the game starting up ...

I haven't read the messages on all the 11 pages, except for the first one and the last page, but what I can conclude from it is that I would have only wasted my time anyway lol ... (well since the game ain't working anyway I'll probably go ahead and read it all now, so don't jump at me if there's actually some useful info in it!)

It's a damn inconvenience that the game isn't working and yeah it's gonna be a suck suck weekend without the game, but I survived many weekends already without this game, and I'm probably going to survive this one and many more to come, but PLEASE guys, whatever u did with this latest patch that is causing this issue, fix it ASAP

And since I only started like 2 weeks ago, let me add that it's an absolutely awesome game and that I appreciate all the work that was done to make this experience possible for us! =)
  • Options
    bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    banek8 wrote: »
    Ok guys, I finally found the thread I was looking for! I read the first message to find out that this is exactly what I'm experiencing, after engaging the game crashes to desktop with the progress bar being about 80% full ... Since then I've tried everything, even uninstalled and re-installed the game, and I always get the same issue ...

One thing that I have to add is, that after patching, the game went to engage and crashed, after I launched it again it took some 10-20 minutes to verify 94850 files, after which the same thing happened, it engages and crashes to desktop with the progress bar being about 80% full ...

I use a rather old laptop that does not meet the system requirements, but so far I wasn't experiencing any loading issues whatsoever and the graphics lag wasn't so bad ... As I said, I know I have a dinosaur of a computer, but till this latest patch I had NO (as ZERO, as NONE WHATSOEVER) issues with the game starting up ...

I haven't read the messages on all the 11 pages, except for the first one and the last page, but what I can conclude from it is that I would have only wasted my time anyway lol ... (well since the game ain't working anyway I'll probably go ahead and read it all now, so don't jump at me if there's actually some useful info in it!)

It's a damn inconvenience that the game isn't working and yeah it's gonna be a suck suck weekend without the game, but I survived many weekends already without this game, and I'm probably going to survive this one and many more to come, but PLEASE guys, whatever u did with this latest patch that is causing this issue, fix it ASAP

And since I only started like 2 weeks ago, let me add that it's an absolutely awesome game and that I appreciate all the work that was done to make this experience possible for us! =)

well said m8, I agree with everything and you are in exactly the same situation as me, dino computer and no probs untill this patch. I guess we just have to spend the weekend thinking about what we are going to do when we get back on.

peronally i,ll be thinking about the setup of my awesome new vulkan ship!!!!!! :D so excited!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Again, thanks Brandon.
    Now, please don't take this the wrong way but the "tips" provided aren't tips at all. This is like someone changing the tires on you car, you drive it and start to feel you aren't getting any grip. Then they tell you to repave the road as a solution. Sure, it actually might work here or there, but the real solution must be dealing with what caused the problem.
    None of us experiencing the issue changed our computers. What changed was the game through the patch. Also it always crashes at the same point. So, it's either accumulative form what is being loaded before, or it's something specific at that point. This is what needs to be checked. Different OS with different specs are getting the same problem, so it's not a matter of updating this or that on each person's equipment.
    I actually think it could be a RAM issue but not so much in terms of amount, but usage/allocation. Sadly I do not know enough about the subject to investigate.

Couldn't agree more!

Also I read all the existing 14 pages in the meanwhile ...

From the top of my head these are my specs, OS xp sp3, 1gb ram, not sure about the graphics card, it's something integrated and should be 128 or 256mb ...

It's a dinosaur of a computer, and I had to run the game with minimum graphics so it wouldn't crash ... Still had a bit of a lag when there was a lot of ships, especially playing with a romulan character, but that's something I can live with and am used to, the game not working at all is a completely different issue and I haven't done anything with my computer since I started playing the game, and it ran the game just fine although it doesn't meet the requirements ...

Sure it crashed a few times when I upped the graphic settings to modify character/ship appearance, but never had any loading issues whatsoever ... Even when I ran the pc with 16bit graphics I got the "runin32bitordie" message but the game worked just fine ...

The issue seems to lie in the patch itself, so I beg you guys to fix it! Our lives depend on it ... (sure it's just our STO characters lives, but those are the ones that really matter! :P )
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    They are ignoring us you know.... they aren't even acknowledging us anymore....
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In the launcher window, top right, there's an "options" thingy. If you press it you get a window with several check boxes.
    Cool, thanks. Never needed it before now. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Please take a look at it when you can, as well at the suggested solutions provided (especially re: updating your drivers).
    The only way to update drivers for this video card is to buy a new one. :/
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i want my Vulcan ship now :( can they not just roll back the patch and work it out on tribble or something?
  • Options
    niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It would appear STO is forcing this Lifetime subscriber/Fleet Admiral to buy a new computer. *grumble*
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • Options
    drachehexedrachehexe Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, turning off "patch on demand" and then waiting for 4 gigs of data to be downloaded fixed the problem for me. So these "tips" I was unaware of (as a new player) were the solution for me.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Error Ticket ID: 20142668

"Initializing...
    Attaching to crashed process...
    Harvesting data from crashed process...
    Mode: Customer
    Gathering Data Validation Info...
    ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log
    Communicating with Cryptic Error Tracker...
    Terminating crashed process...
    Sending Diagnostic Information...
    Cleaning up...
    Cleanup Complete!
    Waiting for description..."

Not only have I tried the suggestions offered that ignore the obvious answer and seem to blame us the players for a problem likely caused by the 10/3 patch... but I've had it in "Disable On-Demand" ever since LoR went live, so I know that's not it for me.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Very happy it worked out for you...:) I don't think the age of the Pc is the issue tot the admiral who is a lifer.... not everyone had older systems, that had the problem...
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still no JOY after tricks, tips and suggestions. Just imagine how peeved paying members are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Very happy it worked out for you...:) I don't think the age of the Pc is the issue tot the admiral who is a lifer.... not everyone had older systems, that had the problem...

The only thing all of us have in common is that none of us had this problem until we downloaded the 10/3 patch...

I don't know, call me an idiot if you want, but to me that says that the problem's somehow in the patch files and not in our computers...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ... If the issue is still outstanding, please do make sure to file a Tech Support ticket here, using the "Tech Support" category, and include as many details about your system as possible: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

When I go to this site, I get the following:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Unfortunately, I have enabled cookies, so not sure what the problem is.

So far I have tried:

deleting all cache files then force verifying files
    starting in safe mode
    starting from the executable directly without the launcher.

It doesn't appear to strictly be a RAM issue, as I *can* run the game from my wife's laptop which has half of the RAM of my regular computer. That also verifies that it isn't my ISP or my connection to the internet.
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And I was right we r going to go into the weekend with this. Would really hate to cancel my Gold Sub. Was about 125 days short of been playing 4 yrs now with my sub. Imma weight it out a bit longer but not sure how long I can wait as this is affecting my ability to do Crystalline Entity Event for the shards.
  • Options
    tamerethtamereth Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Having disabled on-demand patching the game has just done a 4038MB patch, and it hasn't made a difference still crashing on the loading screen.

It feels like at least once a month an issue like this comes up that stops me from playing for a couple of days. It's getting to be a bit too much like hard work, when playing games is what I do to relax.

I don't suppose there's any news from the devs on this other than the usual copy & paste suggestions.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nope nothing new up to an hour ago Brandon gave the same info to another player on twitter and said that thats all they have for not just to follow the tips the provided earlier:(
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    well this is new I just ran the patch for today on the redshirt server and still crashed but the Crash report is writing this time thats new but I still get ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log

Initializing...
    Attaching to crashed process...
    Harvesting data from crashed process...
    Mode: Customer
    Gathering Data Validation Info...
    ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log
    Communicating with Cryptic Error Tracker...
    Preparing Diagnostic Information...
    Writing Mini Dump...
    Writing Full Dump...
    Terminating crashed process...
    Sending Diagnostic Information...
    Sending Mini Dump...
    Dump send succeeded.
    Sending Full Dump...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tamereth wrote: »
    Having disabled on-demand patching the game has just done a 4038MB patch, and it hasn't made a difference still crashing on the loading screen.

It feels like at least once a month an issue like this comes up that stops me from playing for a couple of days. It's getting to be a bit too much like hard work, when playing games is what I do to relax.

I don't suppose there's any news from the devs on this other than the usual copy & paste suggestions.

Same here, took 4 hours of waiting just for the game to crash in the same way ...

And guys, I hear some borderline threatening things from some of you and I'm not feeling comfortable about that ... Now I don't know if such issues are regular, as I said I only started playing two weeks ago, but Brandon is probably not the one responsible for the changes that were made and messed up the game for us. If you want him to help us you gotta make him put pressure on those that can fix the problem rather than defend them with public relations rhetoric if you guys threaten and attack them ...

Again, I'm new! For all I know they may deserve it and I'm playing the devil's advocate here lol ... As far as I'm concerned I'll let them prove their worth to me first, we all mess things up sometimes ...
  • Options
    phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    TTo my fellow gamers and whomsoever it may concern: I just went to my friends house in another county with a different high speed ISP and has a dedicated quad core with over 8 gigs of ram, gaming system, with the same results as I have. That being >>>TRIBBLE<<< after hitting the magic 70-80% mark wioth the usual craptic "oopsie" disfunction ticket. So, it's not our systems, and not our ISP's, unless only certain addy's have more of a direct connection, Or maybe it's a regional charlie foxtrot, with those of us in the near east or midwest U.S. being affected. EEither way, we are still being left out.