test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• nithrielnithriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Do you know if the patch was already uploaded for the tribble server? I don't have redshirt but I couldn't log in the tribble and I really want to play XD.
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nithriel wrote: »
    Do you know if the patch was already uploaded for the tribble server? I don't have redshirt but I couldn't log in the tribble and I really want to play XD.

Tribble is for gold members only for now. Redshirt is for all members. Redshirt has the patch fix.
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • mordechai103mordechai103 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Been having problems since the patch, after installing redshirt have been playing for two hours it seems to work alright again, hope it will not cause new problems when they implement it on holodeck

i run sto on a laptop with a ati 1200 series videocard btw

good luck Captains soon we'll be back with a vengeance
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I don't expect we will get a technical detail of the problem, but the people who have had the problem could post details of their graphics cards and driver versions. Also if they have had a successful test on Redshirt.

That way, if someone us unable to download Redshirt, they could see if they matched someone who has been able to get on the patched Redshirt.

If this helps any:

Operating System: Windows Vista? Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130707-1535)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 530s
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 4084MB RAM
    Page File: 2153MB used, 6199MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 64bit Unicode
    Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_020D1028&REV_02
    Display Memory: 286 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 286 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 720 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Driver Name: igdumd64.dll
    Driver Version: 7.15.0010.1666 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    BGRA Supported: Yes
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 2/26/2009 12:46:40, 5541888 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6A82-11CF-1A75-0722A2C2CA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x8086
    Device ID: 0x29C2
    SubSys ID: 0x020D1028
    Revision ID: 0x0002
    Revision ID: 0x0002
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *mock-sports announcer voice*

With just over eighteen hours to go before the weekly patch and accompanying fix hit Holodeck, the tension here is so thick you can cut it with a knife...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can't wait to get back in the game. So excited!!! :)

I also can't wait to play with the new Avenger class starship.
  • bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dartdukii wrote: »
    I say we should all get a drink at ESD tomorrow. First 2 rounds are on me.

I'll hold you to that :D I can finally get my vulcan ship
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I don't expect we will get a technical detail of the problem, but the people who have had the problem could post details of their graphics cards and driver versions. Also if they have had a successful test on Redshirt.

That way, if someone us unable to download Redshirt, they could see if they matched someone who has been able to get on the patched Redshirt.

I can't get holodeck.....Yet. But my redshirt seems fine, graphics included.:confused:
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    The fix we were testing on Redshirt (which most of you have reported to resolve your issue) is going live in tomorrow's patch! Info: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=876641

Can't wait to see you back in-game! And again, our sincerest apologizes for your login troubles, and we greatly thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve the issue.
    Q wrote: »
    Don't worry, I am reading it. All the time. Omnipotently.

It sure has been... interesting.

Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited October 2013
    *mock announcer voice*

It's twelve hours before the beginning of the patch here at the STO Forums and those unable to play the game over the past week are eagerly awaiting the beginning of the weekly maintenance that should fix the problem. Possibly the only event more anticipated is the end of the maintenance that should mark their ability to return to the game they love so much.

*normal voice*

Seriously, though, BranFlakes - nothing to really apologise for. That's why these things are called 'unforeseen circumstances', there was no way anyone could've foreseen this disagreement between patch and video cards happening before it happened.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been hesitant to post my lack of login troubles since this thread started and have only posted possible solutions BUT last night it all changed- I now have the login problem and I can only assume it had something to do with the account server maintenance. I hope todays patch will fix this.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    More TRIBBLE. I don't crash on the cryptic screen, but now I'm told that the "server is unavailable". Whiskey tango foxtrot, interogative, over?
  • alphaminalphamin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still having the same issue with the patcher failing.

Eagerly awaited the patch/fixes today in the hope that it might clear this issue, but no, the patcher still keeps trying to download the .hogg file over and over and over until the client gets an error 14. Then the whole process begins over again.

I really cant keep on downloading that same bit of data as I'm on a terribly small monthly bandwidth allowance. Can anyone official comment on how much, if any progress has been made diagnosing this other issue?

Has anyone in the community come up with a fix?

Thanks for reading!
    edited October 2013
    phreakbee wrote: »
    More TRIBBLE. I don't crash on the cryptic screen, but now I'm told that the "server is unavailable". Whiskey tango foxtrot, interogative, over?

If you're talking about right now... the server is down for this week's maintenance and patch time. It'll be down until about nine-thirty Pacific(Cryptic)/1230 Eastern.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Welcome home, Captains :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • ordmundrizingordmundrizing Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dont say welcome back as i still have the exact same issue as before nothing has changed at all. keep on trying to fix it cause its not our comps its your programing. the loading screen crashes at the 75% mark just as before. posted at 1007 mst
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dont say welcome back as i still have the exact same issue as before nothing has changed at all. keep on trying to fix it cause its not our comps its your programing. the loading screen crashes at the 75% mark just as before. posted at 1007 mst

i fortunately didn't have a problem b4. unfortunately i now have this problem. :(

i see the loader patching, a few moments later, it crashes.
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ohhhh, you're THAT Fonz ?

YA, let him back in, I need my playmate back.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In my case the issue is fixed.
    The latest patch solved it.

Still, I can't say I'm happy. I won't be able to play for the next five days (personal reasons). That was planned, these 7 days were not. This means that I'm not going to finish the event by one shard...

Thank you Brandon, for your efforts and support.
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yep, fixed the problem. Thanks for all Cryptic teams' efforts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • axeldaxaxeldax Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The fix we were testing on Redshirt (which most of you have reported to resolve your issue) is going live in tomorrow's patch! Info: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=876641

Can't wait to see you back in-game! And again, our sincerest apologizes for your login troubles, and we greatly thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve the issue.

Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I am in ESD again !!!
    I must admit I was a little bit pessimistic last week regarding this issue ...

Thank you Brandon

Longue Vie et prosperite !! (this is how how we translate in French, Spock's favorite sentence)

AxelDax
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    axeldax wrote: »
    I am in ESD again !!!
    I must admit I was a little bit pessimistic last week regarding this issue ...

Thank you Brandon

Longue Vie et prosperite !! (this is how how we translate in French, Spock's favorite sentence)

AxelDax

I got back in! *Cries manly tears* You guys are awesome!

Now can we get the Event extended? I finally got my first Shard today since the event started. The first slow up was the Graphics Overload. The second was the conflict caused by the patch you guys put in last night.

Pretty please? :D I'd be grateful if you did. Maybe to the end of the month so I have time to get the 14 required shards?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • ordmundrizingordmundrizing Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    still no good on holodeck and its actually worse now it freezes at the 45% point i just love spending real money on a game i can now no longer use. iv seen where others on different servers have gotten in after the patch so all i can do is guess the problem is in the servers themselves. so as it stands i give up. id ask for a refund but i know that will never happen. ill keep an eye on here till i see that this issue is truly fixed. i know its not cause many are still having the same problems and some are having it now that didnt before. good luck guys.
  • salengelsalengel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Though I am not too up in arms about it. I will just use this as a sign to take a break for awhile. This will save me a fifteen bucks a month and maybe when I get the itch to step onto the bridge of my ship again probably sometime next year this issue will finally resolved for everyone.

If not, then I can say I honestly enjoyed my time playing this game and move on to whatever is next.
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just wonder if there is some type of software conflict STO has with some of the users systems or hardware? I have been playing this game for 3 years on 4 different PC's I built myself. And have never had any of the pre-packaged propriatary software or drivers that come with Dell or HP or other name brand systems loaded on these PC's and have never had any issues with this game loading or kicking me off.

I never had rubber-banding or lag or crashes. Seems like when cryptic does an update and users start screaming about not being able to launch the game and 1000's of other players have no problems at all that perhaps something is conflicting with sotfware or drivers on these particular PC's rather than it being a "server" issue on Cryptics end. Logic would dictate that if there were problems with patches or updates that cause people not to be able to log in it would affect all users. But I guess its easy to blame Cryptic than to realise that the issue is most likely on the end users system.
    Try updating your hardware with the newest drivers and for God's sake clean your registry and get rid of all the Malware and spyware and try not to have 4 different Virus protection progrmas running at once. If you look at your active services in Task manager and have 30 or more services running at once no wonder the game wont run for you. (Sorry.... End Rant)
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have no clue how many players were affected by this issue - my uneducated guess would be 2-5% of the playerbase, tops. I was curious if there was any consideration given to extending the CE event, since these folks missed out on a full week?

Full disclosure: I was one of the affected players, but I was able to log in from other machines (wife's laptop and work computer) so my progress was not affected, just somewhat inconvenienced. I would stand to benefit from an extension, however, as my Rom captain dinged 50 late last week and with an extension could probably complete the CE event. Just not enough hours left to get 14 shards otherwise - I think had I played right on cooldown for the time remaining I figured I'd get 13 shards. :P So yeah, not a completely altruistic request on my part, but it isn't like I'm gonna open a vein over it. ;) But there were quite a few very upset players during the outage - it'd be a nice gesture to help them out.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • zed10zed10 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    same problem since that patch reinstalled and done the mega patch 4 times tried arc steam running as administrator safemode blah blah blah thx alot
  • lordnitronlordnitron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yep problem seems to still be there. I get the cryptic loading screen it starts loading then drop to desktop :(. have never had a problem running this game on this computer before.
  • captainmatt2captainmatt2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can't get in no matter what I try
  • expeditionblueexpeditionblue Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The game is running slow and then later it would crash....