test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extreme lag/ stuttering and launcher issues [please read post #175 (Pg. 18)]

Comments

• jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Typical the one time I decide to fire up recording software it goes easy.

But this has been happening in PVE ques, Pi Canis Dailys ground and space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o9OMtezMyo

Edit
    Just after 2m is the sweet spot.
  • adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still hasn't been fixed and no update as to what the cause is ?:mad:
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jelly0 wrote: »
    Pretty much how the game's running since the last couple of days. For me this happened mostly during STFs and Fleet Actions - didn't notice any issues while in social hubs or when logging in and out.

Also, played a bit on Tribble and I didn't notice any issues there, although I mostly did solo content.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After this recent patch, I am utterly unable to play. Or even remain logged in for more than 10 seconds. I've checked every possible issue which could interfere with the connection my end, and there's nothing wrong.
    Is anyone else experiencing lag or disconnections after the latest patch?

Whats worse, this Crystaline Catastrophe event is due to end within the hour, and I only need 1 more damn shard. Looks like I'm going to miss out due to this poor situation.

Not a happy bunny :mad:

Edit-

Its even worse now: I loggin and select a character, and straight away I see a 'Server Not Responding' message before the map has even finished loading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • bringer0fpaynebringer0fpayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here :( still can't play.... constant server issues, rubberbanding and my internet works fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Picard uses Android, Must have one hell of a Data plan.
  • sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last few days I've had no trouble at all. Just seemed too coincidental that after the latest patch I suddenly had connection problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lag:mad:Lag:mad:Lag:mad:
    3 days cryptic, 3 days.... i've no words...
    It's impossible!
    Pvp lag...Pve Lag...Space Lag...Ground Lag..
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaudeville03vaudeville03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Play for 10 seconds, 'server not responding' for 30-60. Repeat until you're eventually kicked to login. It's only got worse with each patch.

Unless all you want is to stand around and have a chat in ESD, the game is completely unplayable for a good number of us.

A couple of days ago Brandon claimed they had 'top engineers' working on this.

Can you get with the top engineers and find out if any progress is being made and maybe give us an update, Brandon? Pretty please, with sugar on top?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Can you get with the top engineers and find out if any progress is being made and maybe give us an update, Brandon? Pretty please, with sugar on top?

Yes, they continue to investigate -- it's looking to be a bit harder to track down as most players are not affected and those that are have tracerts and nettest results that are fairly clean. They will continue to investigate, though, rest assured.

By chance, you all don't have your proxy turned on in the launcher options, right? (You shouldn't, if you do, and that *may* cause what you are seeing.)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How are most players not affected? Not a single person in our fleet isn't affected by this, just because they all aren't complaining on the forums doesn't mean they aren't all suffering.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited May 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    How are most players not affected? Not a single person in our fleet isn't affected by this, just because they all aren't complaining on the forums doesn't mean they aren't all suffering.
    It's typical PR talk. "Ok people move along, nothing to see here everything's fine". And yes, 3/4 people I talk to complain about the lag, as if it's nothing they've ever seen playing STO. The other 1/4 mostly does doff missions so may not even know about this. :P

As for Branflakes' question - no proxy here, lag present during most group missions.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not experiencing this problem (not as bad as you guys, anyway), but for the sake of everyone who is I hope it's resolved soon.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • leonardodavillaleonardodavilla Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After patch I cannot login!!!!
    Problems with lags was three days ago, boffs stuck on map, slideshow pve and so.....
    Most people from fleet reported this but not everyone posting here

Location Poland
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares about slideshow PvE and all that stuff? PATCHING IS SLOWER THAN AN ATOM AT 0 DEGREES KELVIN! :(

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i seem to have no problem logging in so it may be something is happening in the communication from computer to server i am not sure all i know is that i am able to connect and connect fast.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game its unplayable from all over italy (from north to south all the ppl i've spoken to are complainig about the lag that goes from annoying to game breaking).. so i don't think its a problem affecting just a few customers and if you say so you are looking in the wrong place..:rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

If you experienced, or are continuing to experience, latency problems, can you please reply with the following? I'd like to pass this information along to our Engineers:

• Specific Character that experienced the latency (no need to post an @handle, just character name)
    • The ship class that the named character was flying (or mention if this was on ground and not space, or both)
    • Estimated time that the latency occurred (please be as accurate as possible)
    • The Map name and objective step you were on when the latency occurred

Cheers (and thanks!),

Brandon =/\=
    edited May 2013
    Bran, all my fleetmates and other fleets members from italy are playing without proxy, even with we have the same lag problems. In any case we have lag/stuttering/spike ping and so on, with adsl/fiber and with different provider/contracts, whatever we use :confused:

edit: with all characters/accounts and in all maps we are in, doesn't matter at all :(

edit2: my tracert http://pastebin.com/A9HYkmRf
    edited May 2013
    nandospc wrote: »
    Bran, all my fleetmates and other fleets members from italy are playing without proxy, even with we have the same lag problems. In any case we have lag/stuttering/spike ping and so on, with adsl/fiber and with different provider/contracts, whatever we use :confused:

edit: with all characters/accounts and in all maps we are in, doesn't matter at all :(

edit2: my tracert http://pastebin.com/A9HYkmRf

I can appreciate that you are mentioning "all characters in all maps", but I'm looking for the specifics mentioned in the post above yours :) Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited May 2013
    My characters affected by this lag:
    Nandos |
    Madame Curie |
    Koroth |@NandoPC
    Kron |
    Durash |
    Maps: esd, ise, cse, kase, salvage operation, briar patch, cracked planetoid, japory system, solar system, tau dewas sector block/nimbus-azura sector

just some samples...

edit: now ive reduced my lag with the us proxy, but ive the same lag spikes like without

edit2: normal lag now on esd#5: 220/240ms, with spikes (like every 7-8sec): 1100/1500ms

edit3: right now im in pvp, solar wind, and i cant play 'cause my ping is near 8000ms... -.-
  • calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This issue remains unresolved now for the past week.

Can I say that this latest "Bout" of lag is something that has been happening for the past few weeks now? It has simply been getting progressively worse and worse since that recent "can't patch beyond 82% issue".

I'm not sure why you're asking for specific characters or missions as for me and many others it happens in ALL instances, missions, modes and characters.

Yes it is unplayable in PVP.
    Yes it is extremely bad in STF's - to the point of unplayable at times.
    PVE missions are laggy with rubberbanding frequently.
    Social zones are laggy, often with "Server not responding" flashing up now and then.
    New Romulas was horrible just now with lag spikes.
    I'm not sure how else to say it, but everywhere is affected by this. This is game-wide and also extends to the launcher patcher which takes ages to check the version of the game.

You really want to launch Legacy of Romulas and add more players with the game in this state?
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frequent disconnects and horrible lag yup its STO since they have a new project..I have an EXCELLENT connection so it is the servers/sw
    edited May 2013
    ((Updated!))

Hi Captains,

Our Engineers continue to investigate, and we very much appreciate the information given thus far! If you are continuing to experience latency problems and would like to provide more information that can aid us in tracking this down, please reply to this thread with the following items as you experience the lag in-game:

• Type the following commands in the chat bar:
      • /netgraph 1
      • /nettiminggraph 1
        • Pass along a screenshot of the above using the following command in the chat bar: /screenshot_ui_jpg
    • The name of specific character that experienced the latency during the time the screenshot above was taken (no need to post an @handle, just character name)
    • The ship class that the named character was flying during the time the screenshot above was taken (or mention if this was on ground and not space, or both)
    • The time the screenshot above was taken (please be as accurate as possible)
    • The Map name and objective step you were on when the latency occurred and when the screenshot was taken

You can then type /netgraph 0 and /nettiminggraph 0 to turn off the above graphs.

If you'd like to help but you don't feel comfortable making a reply to this thread, please send me a forum PM.

A few posts indicate that this is happening to "all characters on all maps", but the above data is very important.

Cheers (and thanks!),

Brandon =/\=
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    today it was fine here again, only a few short minor lags :). did some action in bortas and peghqu klink-side and some pvp in chimera, kumari, chel grett and jhdc.
    some of those i also ran last days when i was hit by many lags.

thx for whatever you did or wil do to resolve this! :)
    edited May 2013
    I as well played a couple of hours after the patch today and must say I didn't experience any lags. Not anything like in the past two days at least. Did some ground and space STFs with the same character/ship that yesterday during the Crystalline mission wasn't able to do anything at all because of the lags. Everything seemed fine. For now...
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited May 2013
    ok bran, here some screenshots http://imgur.com/EidNWjD,tfgfuKQ,mv3IWDM,y7HxS8y
    at gorn minefield 1:43 am #1 start, #2 end and at esd #3 #4 normal routine at exchange :(
    character Nandos@NandoPC, jem'hadar attack ship
    the spike lags u see in the pics are over 1000-1500ms in most cases :(

ps: lol, didnt see the reward in #2 :P
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nandospc wrote: »
    ok bran, here some screenshots http://imgur.com/EidNWjD,tfgfuKQ,mv3IWDM,y7HxS8y
    at gorn minefield 1:43 am #1 start, #2 end and at esd #3 #4 normal routine at exchange :(
    character Nandos@NandoPC, jem'hadar attack ship
    the spike lags u see in the pics are over 1000-1500ms in most cases :(

ps: lol, didnt see the reward in #2 :P

Jesus christ, what resolution do you play at.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No longer getting that horrendous lag, but I just got kicked off the server and can't connect.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    No longer getting that horrendous lag, but I just got kicked off the server and can't connect.

Same thing here, only I wasn't experiencing any lag.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone