edited May 2013
    stil laggy today :(. any updates?
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wooooo, today in stf the game is really really unplayable :\

c'mon cryptic, fix this problem :(
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    The team continues to investigate, but as you can tell from players' reports, most of the tracerts/ nettests seem pretty clean. Also, NW is down for maintantenance and lag is still being reported, so they are unrelated, as I previously mentioned.

But please rest assured that we have our top engineers investigating.

EDIT:
    Surely they are smart enough to NOT have two games using the same servers?!?!

They don't*. That would mean that if STO crashed, NW/Champs would too**. Things are seperate.*

*The chat server is shared, as it has always been for all Cryptic games (cross-game chat) but it shouldn't cause lag. If there was something wrong with it, chat wouldn't be available.
    *The launcher is also shared in some ways as you can launch any Cryptic game from any Cryptic game's launcher if you have them installed and the option to "show all games" selected.
    **There have been times when all Cryptic games came down, but that would mean there was a network related incident in our data center.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wast33 wrote: »
    stil laggy today :(. any updates?

Nothing on my end today. :confused:
    The team continues to investigate, but as you can tell from players' reports, most of the tracerts/ nettests seem pretty clean. Also, NW is down for maintantenance and lag is still being reported, so they are unrelated, as I previously mentioned.

EDIT:

They don't*. That would mean that if STO crashed, NW/Champs would too**. Things are seperate.*

*The chat server is shared, as it has always been for all Cryptic games (cross-game chat) but it shouldn't cause lag. If there was something wrong with it, chat wouldn't be available.
    *The launcher is also shared in some ways as you can launch any Cryptic game from any Cryptic game's launcher if you have them installed and the option to "show all games" selected.
    **There have been times when all Cryptic games came down, but that would mean there was a network related incident in our data center.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well, judging by everything that's been happening over the past few days to myself, my parents, and my school, I'm guessing the problem isn't on Cryptic's end. And it may or may not be a client-side issue. If it isn't, then... where on Earth is it?! :confused:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Up until now it had been fine as far as I could tell, was on my third character doing Gorn Minefield daily when it started to hit.
  • hypnosnakehypnosnake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, it's 11:02 AM MST (1:02 pm EST) right now and decided to come online and see how things were going. I jumped into Delta Volanis, where I was having serious issues yesterday, to see how things went. (Keep in mind, I haven't done any STFs or PvP, so no idea how that's working.)

Visibly, I can still see some ships hopping around here and there, but less than yesterday and not as bad.

Going into ground combat, I can actually keep up with the fight now without it turning into a slideshow on me. Still a bit of lag, but it's better. When I shoot someone, the health bar of the enemy goes down when it should and not several seconds later.

EDIT (11:18 am MST): Got into space combat and the ships are still jumping around pretty good, with the occasional two or so second lag spike where nothing moves. Most of my torpedoes aren't vanishing halfway to the target now, at least. So...annoying, but at least slightly playable now.

Anyone else noticing a slight improvement as well?
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypnosnake wrote: »
    Well, it's 11:02 AM MST (1:02 pm EST) right now and decided to come online and see how things were going. I jumped into Delta Volanis, where I was having serious issues yesterday, to see how things went. (Keep in mind, I haven't done any STFs or PvP, so no idea how that's working.)

Visibly, I can still see some ships hopping around here and there, but less than yesterday and not as bad.

Going into ground combat, I can actually keep up with the fight now without it turning into a slideshow on me. Still a bit of lag, but it's better. When I shoot someone, the health bar of the enemy goes down when it should and not several seconds later.

I'll edit when I get into space combat.

Anyone else noticing a slight improvement as well?

Exactly same thing here.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013

Wild shot in the dark, have them check the packet capacity and utilization of the switches/routers.
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

EDIT:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Launcher gives white screen

"The Website is currently offline"

"The web site is currently offline. We apologize for this temporary inconvinence and are working to return to service as soon as possible."
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • bigcheese256bigcheese256 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

"The web site is currently offline. We apologize for this temporary inconvinence and are working to return to service as soon as possible."

Ditto.

73957560.jpg
    edited May 2013

Teach me to shut down and try to load up every few hours of constant play.

Why the hell wont the game connect to account server when I run the direct exe rather than launcher.
    edited May 2013
    This is really bad....Two days of constant problems, mine started today. Wow.

Great game!
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Well, judging by everything that's been happening over the past few days to myself, my parents, and my school, I'm guessing the problem isn't on Cryptic's end. And it may or may not be a client-side issue. If it isn't, then... where on Earth is it?! :confused:

Where the hell is it indeed? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again yesterday, but it won't even download anymore. :confused::(
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've only ever suffered minor lag on this game, that was a rarity too.
    Lately though its really bad, especially PvP.
    Did the fed fleet alert yesterday and that was pretty much unplayable.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where the hell is it indeed? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again yesterday, but it won't even download anymore. :confused::(

Well that wasn't very bright of you... :eek:

Anyway, I'm guessing the Internet will sort itself out soon enough, and you'll be able to play again. Just gotta find something else to do in the meantime. (which is a LOT harder than it seems, at least for me... I have got to find some RP or a good game. :()

Edit: Okay. RP's not an option with the launcher down.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited May 2013

Um, Launcher now says the website is offline, sounds pretty much like a problem on their end because its no standard 404 not found error or whatever, its a message specifically created by Cryptic or their server whatever they use...
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the Problem is with NW and since the Servers are the same or conected in some Way(Login Server) we need to wait till they fix NW Problems.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just did a ise to test and 3 c&h before, all with switching levels of lag (sometimes almost makes you think that it'll be fine now).
    only thing that worked good was epohh tagging :D.

thx for your efforts to solve this :)
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes lag is real bad especially while in battle
    edited May 2013
    Saw someone on ds9 earlier and he was running and about ever 4 paces he would freeze for a second then carry on lol
  • mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I assume most of you experience something similar, one mission is perfect the next is super laggy, rubber banding and disconnects, yet some people are suddenly really good, in fed minefield a guy won who usually doesn't get better then 3rd place but he was zipping around while the rest of us lagged heavily, my guess is the famous "server stability update" is nothing but putting players in groups, players with dedicated internet and near perfect and constant pings get served every cycle and the rest doesn't.
    Any thoughts?
  • sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was online today playing games and my character keeps getting tossed backward
    and npc characters keep freezing up and a lot of disconnecting, talked to other players who are experiencing the same thing they say they are experiencing a lot of lag and rubber banding in all the games , can the Devs please look into this and see if the problem can be solved ?
  • sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been experiencing the same issues with the lag and knock back or rubber banding and disconnecting in every game I went into , I kept getting disconnected so much I finally logged out and will go back later and see if things are any better, please Cryptic, can you fix this issue , it's affecting so many people, Thanks
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2013

is that wally or dilbert? i'm guessing wally

and in nova scotia and i've been getting the same problem. i've had people in vancouver, michigan, texas and brazil tell me the same thing
  • adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here from the Uk, Rubberbanding, lag, timeouts, server not responding. I think you gentlemen owe us all an explanation ?
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thanks for the reports. Based on what we can see with the network and launcher, all appears well for STO, however, it seems that a few of you are experiencing some issue. So that our engineers can get more information, please reply and post your location, ISP provider and a tracert result pointing to: patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Instructions for running a tracert: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

Please also post results from a Nettest. Instructions here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

I'll pass these along. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Here ya go, Brandon - Please fix the server :)

ISP Provider: Bell

Tracert results: Results (txt file)

Nettest results: Results (txt file)
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Left for a couple hours. Came back and sector space and swapping toons fine until I went into Gorn Minefield again and lag.. may be just space/ground battles haven't gotten around to doing other space/ground battles. Actually tried Epoh Tagging on New Romulus but that is sometimes laggy anyway.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Situated in Copenhagen, Denmark. Previous to the last patch, I didn't have many issues.
    Just before the server maintenance patch, I experinced an increase in ctd's.
    As it is now, I have to take a break from space and ground battles. Rubberbanding, ctd'ing to such an extreme that it is unplayable. I guess i'll stick to doffing for a while.
    /Floozy
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tribble launcher is working but patching is taking hours like it never has.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]