What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unofficial Mac Version (New Thread)

Comments

• Options
    johnnewmantsjohnnewmants Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @ therealdoh123 : This mac version is working great on Mountain Lion ( 10.8.2 ) on MacBook Air 2012. Thank you so much for it. I love to play it on Mac.

Great!!
  • Options
    rustysurfingrustysurfing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Macbook pro 2012 w/ 16gb ram ...was working great for 3 months. Had to restart today, and now it just pops up as 2 white boxes in wineskin.

Uninstalled, reinstalled (and waited an hour for patches) and worked great. Signed off, now white again when i go to log in again.

any thoughts?
  • Options
    owainglyndwr82owainglyndwr82 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great job on this. Haven't played the game for quite a while. Installed the new wrapper and it works perfectly.

2012 macbook pro 8gb ram.
  • Options
    theonewhoistheontheonewhoistheon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey there i downloaded the mac version from the link at the bottom but when i try to install the software i cant find the setup.exe program. can someone help?
  • Options
    therealdoh123therealdoh123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey there i downloaded the mac version from the link at the bottom but when i try to install the software i cant find the setup.exe program. can someone help?

because it doesn't have the game... you need to download the full Windows version of the game yourself, and use that to install.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been playing around with settings a lot, and if you play full screen you might get a good jump in performance by upping the screen size in the wine skin part of the program. It makes the interface parts smaller, which I think is what helps.
  • Options
    megatherium1969megatherium1969 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Whenever I try to start it up it will reach a point where the screen is completely black and it plays what I assume is the STO music. The cursor does change to the STO one and when I press the enter button about four times it makes explosion noises. What on earth is going on?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ever since I upgraded I have not been able to force verify or patch the STO files. Normal patches work just fine though.

In response I have been trying to do a new install. This is the message I get.
    No new executables found!

Maybe the installer failed...?

If you tried to install somewhere other than C: drive (drive_c in the wrapper) then you will get this message too. All software must be installed in C: drive.

ver 10.6.8
    proc 2.4 GHz Interl Cor i5
    mem 4 GB 1067 MGz DDR3

And I am using the torrent version of the exe.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Whenever I try to start it up it will reach a point where the screen is completely black and it plays what I assume is the STO music. The cursor does change to the STO one and when I press the enter button about four times it makes explosion noises. What on earth is going on?

Sounds like the graphics aren't initializing correctly... why... I have no clue. Maybe you have a GPU that isn't compatible? What type of system are you using?
    cidstorm wrote: »
    Ever since I upgraded I have not been able to force verify or patch the STO files. Normal patches work just fine though.

In response I have been trying to do a new install. This is the message I get.

ver 10.6.8
    proc 2.4 GHz Interl Cor i5
    mem 4 GB 1067 MGz DDR3

And I am using the torrent version of the exe.
    The message isn't an error really.. its just information. If you installed on top of an existing install, then of course no new executables will be found because it simply replaced the ones there. If you get that message on a fresh install, then it means it found no exe, bat, or msi files in the install after trying to run it and Wine ending... so most likely the installer failed to run correctly.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the response, it was in a new wine program. I guess I will just try downloading it again a bunch of times until it works.

BTW I take back the comment earlier about you needing to use the ftp setup file, I didn't know this problem was not the result of everyone just offering ftp setup files (which they don't). My mistake.
  • Options
    drphil321drphil321 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey, I'm having a problem where my STO won't even open. When I check the console I get this:
    3/13/13 7:37:10.231 PM WineskinLauncher[1421]: Unable to find class: X11Application,
    exiting

3/13/13 7:37:10.233 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[146]: ([0x0-0x10d10d].Star Trek Online.Wineskin.prefs[1421]) Exited with code: 1

I tried opening X11 and it made me download Quartz because X11 is no good for ML or some sh*t. But I still doesn't open. Is there something I need to move, download, or what?

Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    drphil321 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm having a problem where my STO won't even open. When I check the console I get this:

I tried opening X11 and it made me download Quartz because X11 is no good for ML or some sh*t. But I still doesn't open. Is there something I need to move, download, or what?

Thanks for any help.

almost sounds like your download is complete corrupted if its saying that.

Make sure you uncompress the zip file with the built in OS X uncompress, or another decent tool (aka NOT StuffIt Expander)... some will trash the zip files.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I mean, it was working fine. I was playing then the game just crashed and then this started. I updated to ML over a month ago so I'm not sure what's going on, I'll try to reinstall.
  • Options
    captmars2525captmars2525 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am having trouble with getting the launcher to run. Can't even get to the game. It was working fine until today. I tried to re-install the game/wrapper but still the same result. It will open a blank window most times and say "Loading. Please wait." but go no further. Occasionally it will get far enough to let me enter my account name and password but will seize up before I get to the next screen to patch or run the game.

Are there any common launcher problems that I need to know about? Is there anything new with the launcher or wrapper that would cause this sudden error?

Thanks!
  • Options
    asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    doh123, do you know anything about the expansion? i mean, will it be an update (through the launcher, like a patch) or will it be a separate download. if a download, then i wouldnt know how to integrate it into the existing wrapper and i couldnt play STO anymore, till you work smth out :) I'm just curious (and a bit afraid of the answer) :D

greets
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    asches1 wrote: »
    doh123, do you know anything about the expansion? i mean, will it be an update (through the launcher, like a patch) or will it be a separate download. if a download, then i wouldnt know how to integrate it into the existing wrapper and i couldnt play STO anymore, till you work smth out :) I'm just curious (and a bit afraid of the answer) :D

greets

won't know until it can be tested and see what happens. I'm assuming they'll make it where it auto downloads and updates your current client, so it should work smoothly.
  • Options
    joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Heard of any issue where wine/sto and web rousers would have a conflict and cause a 2009 imac to flicker then lockup or crash? I've been having that issue and I am trying to narrow down why it could happen. Went to the Genius Bar and all they did was wipe my hd and tell me they could not duplicate it. Of course since then I've been keeping the report logs.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Once upon a time, STO was working. Now when I launch the application I get a white box with a small STO delta badge on the top left with what appears to be a light grey loading bar behind it, but the bar doesn't move.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    won't know until it can be tested and see what happens. I'm assuming they'll make it where it auto downloads and updates your current client, so it should work smoothly.

ty. we'll see then :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    drphil321 wrote: »
    Once upon a time, STO was working. Now when I launch the application I get a white box with a small STO delta badge on the top left with what appears to be a light grey loading bar behind it, but the bar doesn't move.

hi. i had the same. i had to wipe STO from my HD and redo the hole install/wine-thingy. after that it patched and worked. had that 2x already. but that always solved it for me. don't know if you tried that...
    good luck
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    asches1 wrote: »
    hi. i had the same. i had to wipe STO from my HD and redo the hole install/wine-thingy. after that it patched and worked. had that 2x already. but that always solved it for me. don't know if you tried that...
    good luck

I have had the same problem. This is my third attempt to reinstall.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My main game still runs, but I can't get Tribble to run beyond the brightness setting screen. Anyone got any ideas?
  • Options
    dsrulesalldsrulesall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    My main game still runs, but I can't get Tribble to run beyond the brightness setting screen. Anyone got any ideas?

I've been having trouble with the new UI on Tribble in that I can't click on anything. I can type into a textbox that already has focus, but can't click any other control. Looks like Windows users have a similar issue anyway. However, I have had no luck with the proposed workaround:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8898701

I tried putting that flag in the 'EXE Flags' box in the Wineskin settings, but it still doesn't seem to work for me. Perhaps someone else knows what to do to get it to work? Or we just wait for Cryptic to patch it on Tribble and see if we are still stuck then.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I've always had serious issues trying to Tribble with this... but its never carried over into release.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Using the win XP workaround (-enablerawinputsupport 0) did the trick for me.

Tribble runs and looks sweet. Wish i could say the same about the new traits
  • Options
    pfreemanpfreeman Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »

I'm having a similar issue Holodeck works fine, but Tribble takes me to the Cyrptic loading screen (the one that just says "Cryptic" on it) and will only load up a tiny way and then just sits there. I let it sit for about half an hour with no change.
    havam wrote: »
    Using the win XP workaround (-enablerawinputsupport 0) did the trick for me.

Tribble runs and looks sweet. Wish i could say the same about the new traits

Can you provide more information about this workaround? where does one put the "-enablerawinputsupport 0"? etc.

peter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doctordurdendoctordurden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having a slight problem with closing STO after a clean reinstall of it (I couldn't hit the engage button after changing the engine to the WS9Wine1.5.26).

Every time I'm done with STO, and close it, whether it be through the game's internal exit button, Cmd+Q for via the Force Quit Application window, my laptop grey screens.

From here I can do one of two things: Open the Force Quit window, which shows that no applications are running (not even Finder), or press the power button briefly, which will open the typical power down options, however after clicking any of the buttons (with exception to the cancel button) the window simply closes and does nothing.

Laptop is a 13 inch Late 2011 Macbook Pro with 2.4GHz i5 Intel processor, the stock 4GB of RAM, and runs OSX 10.8.2 build 12C60. STO runs on the 2.5.8 wrapper and the WS9WineCX11.2.0NoXInput2 engine.

[Edit] - Yesterday I updated OSX to the latest version, and the issue has resolved itself... Kinda.

Instead of getting grey screens all the time, after closing STO, I am getting the same grey screens when simply clicking on the STO Launcher Icon, but only some of the time. It's nice being able to stick to a single OS for everything, but if the problem persists, I will probably start using bootcamp to play it again.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pfreeman wrote: »
    I'm having a similar issue Holodeck works fine, but Tribble takes me to the Cyrptic loading screen (the one that just says "Cryptic" on it) and will only load up a tiny way and then just sits there. I let it sit for about half an hour with no change.

Can you provide more information about this workaround? where does one put the "-enablerawinputsupport 0"? etc.

peter

From the tribble patch notes:
    Known Issues:
    • Players on Windows XP may have problems with the game not accepting mouse and keyboard input.
      • There is a workaround for this.
        • Open your launcher.
        • Click on Options on the top right.
        • In Advanced command line, enter the following:
        • -enablerawinputsupport 0
        • Click OK and launch the game as usual.
  • Options
    dynamojrdynamojr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This program works ok for me with Champions right now, but I was wondering if you can use it to play both Champions and STO? Would I have to download it again and rename the CO one or something?
  • Options
    dsrulesalldsrulesall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dynamojr wrote: »
    This program works ok for me with Champions right now, but I was wondering if you can use it to play both Champions and STO? Would I have to download it again and rename the CO one or something?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think these wrappers can only be set to one exe at a time. I think you'll need a second copy and point it at STO.