What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So...how do you like the new forums?

Comments

• Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Two words: HATE IT! HATE IT!! HATE IT!!! Ok that's six words but you get the gist of it.:mad:
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    for anyone who lost there avatar or signature and needs a copy try my suggestion in this thread using google cache

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=275801

hope this helps
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh, did I mention: HATE IT!!!!:mad::mad:
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't like how you have to choose a pre-made avatar image. I have a few nice pictures of Jeri Ryan that I would love to use, but oh well.

Also, why no Breen avatar? The Breen are the coolest empire in Star Trek. Sheesh! there's even a Bajoran avatar! Who cares about Bajorans?
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It looks like a geocities website. The buttons are from the 1990s, and it seriously looks bad.

All your posts are belong to us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't like how you have to choose a pre-made avatar image. I have a few nice pictures of Jeri Ryan that I would love to use, but oh well.

Also, why no Breen avatar? The Breen are the coolest empire in Star Trek. Sheesh! there's even a Bajoran avatar! Who cares about Bajorans?

Just further proof..... its not easy, being Breen...
  • Options
    captainotakucaptainotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kimmera wrote: »

Nice one :smile:

NOTE: Anyone else notice how rough around the edges the new smiley faces are?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ugh.... this is horrible.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nice one :smile:

NOTE: Anyone else notice how rough around the edges the new smiley faces are?
    The background is the wrong color, the slimies were created for a white BG, they don't blend properly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    vminkvmink Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Pretty cruddy. Not a fan. Not blaming Cryptic; this buyout was really the worst thing to happen to them.

Sorry, devs/goldnames... but I think this is the mid-water point of Cryptic Studios being anything remotely resembling independent. You really did try hard, and in a lot of ways you succeeeded. You did develop a MMO in record time, and it turned out okay -- you just needed more resources to flesh it out, to give it more content. Granted, I've not been a fan of the C-Store or other similar business decisions. And you guys really managed to push my buttons with the +1 ships! But, you were kind of doing your own thing, you know? And I could take it or leave it, but by the Great Bird, you were Cryptic, not some wholely-owned subdivision subsidiary or 'R & D division.'

And you did a good run with CoH. People were annoyed with Emmert for a lot of things, but, you know, you got it going and ran it well for a good chunk of time. Sure, there were some rough spots, but getting a game going is the hardest part. You guys blazed a trail with COH.

CO, well, lightning doesn't strike twice, but I know folks who swear by CO. If you had just a little more resources to devote to content, you'd have pulled it off twice.

Alas, Neverwinter... I don't think that's going to have much of Cryptic's touch on it. Sure, your name will be on it. But by then, I don't think there's going to be much talk of 'Cryptic' as its own entity anymore.

It was good knowing you guys as an mostly-independent studio. There really was something cool about the spunky little underdog who nevertheless did some pretty good things in its time.

---

We're all familiar with PWE's forum policies by now. They were made clear to us -- with relish, it seemed -- many months ago. It's safe to say that those policies will be in full effect. Just remember: If none of us didn't want this game to be great, none of us would still be here.

ETA: Join Date: Jun 2012, Posts: 3. You can't buy comedy like that anymore!
    ---
    Gowron Simmons is pleased to see you, yes!
  • Options
    vminkvmink Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kimmera wrote: »

Now I'm picturing a Breen with Kermit's eyes. Awesome. =)
    ---
    Gowron Simmons is pleased to see you, yes!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I miss the little button at the bottom that let ya jump back to the top of the thread...

This forum reminds me of some of the original forums I use to lurk in back in the late 90's early 2000's...

Not very User Friendly..
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The funny thing is. This is vbulletin just like the old forums, the mods they added and skin choice is what's different.
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    poison wrote: »
    The funny thing is. This is vbulletin just like the old forums, the mods they added and skin choice is what's different.

And no custom avatars. And we cant edit any of our old posts. And our accounts are all now PW accounts.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    From "perfect world user" to "STO player" or ANYTHING
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    And no custom avatars. And we cant edit any of our old posts. And our accounts are all now PW accounts.

Yeah, cause they basically mass banned all our old accounts and made us create new ones. Standard VB can turn off custom avatars, that's nothing but a decision made by PWE back in 2008. The once nice thing about the PWI forums was that instead of using a master account you could use your characters instead, of all the things they don't port over, it's the useful stuff.
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Welcome to 2002 everyone! When getting Gifs to work on a web page was considered an achievement. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tharkan wrote: »
    Well what did you expect the first day after a giant change such as this, flawlessness? Bugs are bound to occur, and not all functionality (i.e. customizing your avatar the way you want to) has been implemented yet. They are just testing the waters right now, fixing bugs as they crop up and adding functionality when bugs are fixed, then fixing bugs that said added functionality causes, then adding more functionality, etc.

Just relax people. Stuff like this always happens.

See Ive been here a long time and Ive been told this before about, KDF content,PvP
    improvments, bug fix's,balance issues,FTP ect and look where that has gotten us.

And PWE should be raked over the coals slowly for dropping the "ROACH"
    everyone knows you dont drop the "ROACH".............:wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Just a test... to see if my SIG works...

Yep it does... but my pic isn'rt showing... hummnnn... ?

(ah TRIBBLE, I gotta DL Spellck again...)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    turlaghturlagh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I pretty much hate it.

I want my old avatar and name back.

I want to use upper case letters too.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Just a test... to see if my SIG works...

Yep it does... but my pic isn'rt showing... hummnnn... ?

(ah TRIBBLE, I gotta DL Spellck again...)

After you upload it you have to click on "insert sig pic" and it will put the code up there for it, which for vbcode is

sigpic /sigpic

with square brackets around each word
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'll sum up the whole website makeover in one word: TERRIBLE
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hate the new forums with a passion. There Are so many things wrong with them, that I don't even know where to start.

Oh wait, I do. For those of you with an iPad, try logging in with it. See what happens??

That's right. The virtual keyboard hides the login pop-up, and hides the text. To make it worse, the damned login box keeps making the screen scroll down, making one nauseated.

I hereby award thee Crypti/ PWE with the uber ribbon of FAIL.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    to be honest, it sucks. Flat out and in almost every way. it looks terrible, it's a poor design, it takes away a lot of the nice qualities Cryptic had and forces you to do things you didn't want to.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Welcome to 2002 everyone! When getting Gifs to work on a web page was considered an achievement. :rolleyes:
    After you upload it you have to click on "insert sig pic" and it will put the code up there for it, which for vbcode is

sigpic /sigpic

with square brackets around each word

Thank you, I found the button...

I just had to remember how I used to do it circa-1999.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The lack of communication about this change from Cryptic/PWE is inexcusable. Just doing this out of the blue without any warning whatsoever is bad.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012

It seems that PWE doesn't understand that the saying "Party like it's 1999" isn't meant to be taken literally. :tongue:

(It took me a little bit to find out how to set it as well.)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Yeah well, you know how behind the times they are over there, what with most of the internet blocked and all that. :wink:
    lan451 wrote: »
    It seems that PWE doesn't understand that the saying "Party like it's 1999" isn't meant to be taken literally. :tongue:

(It took me a little bit to find out how to set it as well.)

Mine was already set from back in my PWI days. Since this place really is turning into PWI in space I decided to just leave the picture. :biggrin:
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    felsparfelspar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Complete rubbish. Did I miss the warning this change was coming?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Join Date: July 2008

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Overwhelming support for the "Hate them!" option. 68% at current. And I'm in those 68%.

Change is often a good thing, but change for the sake of change, is NOT a good thing. FIX IT CRYPTIC/PWE!
    HvGQ9pH.png