What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So...how do you like the new forums?

Comments

• Options
    dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm not sure that the new forums could be any worse. Terrible readability.

The first clue that something is wrong is the jaggy white halo around all the buttons all over the forums.
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    HATE!!! :mad:

Poor functionality, complete loss of subscribed threads and no longer being able to update our own previous posts is just plain stupid on part of the powers that be.
  • Options
    attilio87attilio87 Member Posts: 264 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    So I'm guessing no one tested this on a local server over at Cryptic/PWE before implementing it. Didn't they realize that people would lose ownership of threads? This is such a mess. I'm usually one to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt... but this time they really messed up.

What also annoys me is that my join date is completely messed up. I joined back in Jan or Feb of 2010, not Jun 2012. I haven't made only 1 post, I've made hundreds, possibly even thousands.

This isn't how accounts should be linked. All my info from my previous account should still be accessible.
    attilio.png
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The move to the new forum server has been atrocious.

1) No Notification.

I can't any e-mail nor web site notifications this was going to happen.

2) No Information

Besides the no notification it was going to happen. I don't see any information about the changes over. The fact that one is now is all but required to link a PWE account to their Cryptic account now being discovered by players trying to access the forums or better yet buy MT tokens.

Look at the replied to the "carrot" of link accounts. I found that there are some frequently issues that will come up.
    f you are having difficulty with the account link feature please do this. If your user name has an UNDERSCORE i.e. "John_Smith" you MUST remove the underscore in order for your to successfully link the Cryptic and Perfect World Accounts. ...

This Is Frequency Asked Questions material which should have accompanied the information about the forums and web site move.

3) And the technical aspects of the move are bad. [EDIT: I'm not even going to comment on it.]. The loss of postings identity information and account meta data speaks for itself. Others are have no doubt commented at length about it.

Technical migration: seems aqdequate
    All other aspects of move: FAIL

It's my team and customer rep had done something of this magnitude with adequate customer notification and education, I and others would have had our assets reamed by management. And would have been just the beginning.

This does not speak highly of PWE/Cryptic Customer Relations.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    A 5 year old could do a better job, really!
  • Options
    nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Forums right now is missing a lot of features.
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • Options
    admiralstarbuckadmiralstarbuck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cryptic really are on a slippery slope these days....:frown:
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm going to let Lily reply for me...
  • Options
    angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2012
    I'm afraid there was no tickbox representing how much disappointment and disapproval I have of the new forums.
  • Options
    thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012
    All I have to say is, forums were down without warning an entire day for this?
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    attilio87 wrote: »
    So I'm guessing no one tested this on a local server over at Cryptic/PWE before implementing it. Didn't they realize that people would lose ownership of threads? This is such a mess. I'm usually one to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt... but this time they really messed up.

What also annoys me is that my join date is completely messed up. I joined back in Jan or Feb of 2010, not Jun 2012. I haven't made only 1 post, I've made hundreds, possibly even thousands.

This isn't how accounts should be linked. All my info from my previous account should still be accessible.

They tested it on Neverwinter a few months back, they just don't care about you, only your money.
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    lertinlertin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Fun stuff.

Now how does someone ignore people on these new forums? I need to rebuild my ignore list.
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lertin wrote: »
    Fun stuff.

Now how does someone ignore people on these new forums? I need to rebuild my ignore list.

This could become "entertaining." Everyone's infractions have been reset and there's no ignore or "report posts" functionality.
    edited June 2012
    Would one or some of you please put together a thorough list of broken features and changed things, then post them here?: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=2261
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Options
    poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Would one or some of you please put together a thorough list of broken features and changed things, then post them here?: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=2261

Even the pandaman got a new account huh? BTW, on your tech support site your punctuation is on the wrong side of the sentence.
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    laytinlaytin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not a fan at all. I don't like how the reset button was hit after I've been here for years. The new layout and avatar really make it a lot less personal and in my opinion, less of a community feeling than we had before.
  • Options
    utioutio Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's ok I guess. Seen better forums, the uk official playstation forums are great imo. Could be worse though, they could have got rid of them altogether:tongue:
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    200 votes and counting!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    200 votes and counting!

...with only 5% of those counted actually voting in the positive. Of course, I expect PWE will dismiss this as a skewed result that doesn't align to their metrics. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    ...with only 5% of those counted actually voting in the positive. Of course, I expect PWE will dismiss this as a skewed result that doesn't align to their metrics. :rolleyes:

Well, it obviously doesnt represent the people who dont use the forums =P

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I may have only been around since late February, but I say that this change is a complete disaster. So I'm voting in the negative.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    omegagloryomegaglory Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The new forums are just "meh" for me. The only real thing that bugs me is the lack of a custom avatar. Without them, it's too hard to find a particular person's post in a long thread. My eyes are trained to scroll through the thread, looking in the left column for a forum user I recognize. (Nagus' photo of the Nagus, for example.) Now it's lust a long scroll of Starfleet arrowheads.
  • Options
    lertinlertin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    200 votes and counting!

I didn't vote, nor does this second post count as a vote either.

I should post more, then the metrics will get out of whack as number of ambivalent posts exponentially increases!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    lertin wrote: »
    I didn't vote, nor does this second post count as a vote either.

I should post more, then the metrics will get out of whack as number of ambivalent posts exponentially increases!

I am talking about the poll in the OP, not the # of posts in the thread.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "Sorry KDF improvement to bring the faction up to a complete level of play must be postponed while we fix the forums issues arising from the change-over. We do desire to finish the KDF and increase all our fans level of play but resources are thin and priorities must be established." a fabricated PWE reply.
    just preparing myself for the the future..........:mad:
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just voted in the actual poll and Hate them! is at 66%. And yes, I voted for Hate them!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    YUCK! So the person you hired to do this was not only blind but also in the psych ward?

:biggrin:

I have seen better...

Mail is messed up, can't navigate it
    I can't find my old posts the way I did before
    Looked at CP and got shot to PWE
    Feels like a tonka truck, BIG and CLUMSY... Everything looks huge esp. the header
    NFA-banner.png
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hate the new forum "look" and hate even more that I had to change my display name....

Though it's pretty cool that I was last here in '69... gotta work on that temporal transporter some I guess lol
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I dont like the changes to the forum. I don't like how I have to scroll down more whenever I open a new page. There was nothing wrong with how the forums looked before, no need to change it.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions