Install Arc
Options

So...how do you like the new forums?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's ugly and awful and shoddily made. It loses a lot of features, most especially custom avatars. They say they're going to fix some things, but they said that about the 700 Day Android reward, so yeah whatever...

It sucks. Add that to the feedback list and smoke it...
  • Options
    mrsupertrekguymrsupertrekguy Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    These forums look like they were meant for some amateur website. STO forums looked like professionally designed forums for a major Trek MMO. Just no comparison: the new forums are awful.
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Custom avatars help identify who'se saying what in a thread. It's much harder to follow things now. And custom avatars are everywhere. It's absolutely ridiculous that they disabled the feature.
  • Options
    darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Serif fonts on UI elements?
    White stroke outlines on .gifs?
    Banner advertisements?

We're in the Mirror Universe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    igardigard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just horrible!

I'd have to go with, "I hate them" at this point. Even though I'm mostly a lurker, it makes it really hard to read the forums now.

It is good we approach the Neutral Zone. Not too soon for me to see the stars of home.

-- Mark Lenard's Romulan Commander
  • Options
    sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The new forums blow. I voted "Hate Them". Since the Chicom Overlords obviously won't listen to the howls of rage about the poor quality of their "streamlining" occurring in this pile of junk they are calling a forum, it is reasonable to assume that while it's fun to vote in the poll it will most likely be unnoticed by PWE. Which is a real shame because they could fix this. Sometimes it isn't a bad thing to have different subsidiaries under the same corporate umbrella. It seems to work for Ford and Lincoln. Chevy and GMC.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I voted "hate them" as apparently nearly everyone else did.

Nagus, do you remember the forums back in 2008?

We have spent YEARS tweaking those rough-cut monstrocities to get them just the way we wanted them, now along comes PWE, and TRIBBLE our history, TRIBBLE our preferences, TRIBBLE our IDENTITIES!

In one stroke, they destroyed everything, and they have proven that we are nothing more than cattle to them.
    They don't care about Star Trek or it's fans.

They just want to milk it dry and then boot us into the street.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I voted hate them and not to toot my own horn but I used to run a PBEM Star Trek Sim and my forum that I made beats this one twice over. If PWE want to pay me I can make this better or even better PWE put it back to what it was.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    wow. 5% have a positive opinion of these changes.

The 5% are PWE plants. Where did I put that ablative asbestos armor?
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    or even better PWE put it back to what it was.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4371041&postcount=292 it's a bit of a bad news, good news scenario on that I'm afraid
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Just for kicks I decided to take a spin over to the CO forums even though I don't play CO. Is it just me or does it look like nothing has changed over there? Custom avatars, what appears to be nicer sigs. Good formatting. How long do you suppose that will last and will the CO players start howling with rage.

Edit - Didn't notice any announcement either about the forums will change on x date either. Just the linking your accounts announcement, but in all fairness I didn't go through ever thread. I have a feeling the fine citizens of Millennium City are gonna be torqued one day soon.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just for kicks I decided to take a spin over to the CO forums even though I don't play CO. Is it just me or does it look like nothing has changed over there? Custom avatars, what appears to be nicer sigs. Good formatting. How long do you suppose that will last and will the CO players start howling with rage.

Edit - Didn't notice any announcement either about the forums will change on x date either. Just the linking your accounts announcement, but in all fairness I didn't go through ever thread. I have a feeling the fine citizens of Millennium City are gonna be torqued one day soon.

The more regular forumites over there already know about it (some of us play both STO & CO). The more general game population of CO probably doesn't know it's coming yet though.