New BH System

Options

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    New system seems fine. I got Zimo, Fushma and Wyvern now. Just waiting for Rankar, and then completing it.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ugh.. my psychic is leveling too fast if i do BH daily now. 3 levels since the new version and haven't yet touched a single quest other than bh.

^ This

My psychic has SO many quests that have not been touched and a full quest log b:surrender

All of the dailies now have eliminated much need for all the quests and even grinding tbh imo.

I sometimes wish they had these when I was leveling, but then again I think I gained more knowledge of my class through the "old way" of leveling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally, i think the whole system would be much improved simply by letting us take all 3 at the same time.
    THIS would alleviate alot of the frustration that comes with the current system right now where members joining a squad aren't all at the same stage of a chain and drop out, forcing the squad to re-fill with others who again aren't at the same stage of a chain (and some players don't even understand where they are in a chain... look at the XP you're going to get from your bounty!).

it's easiest if you get a full squad of people who have the same exact chain. in the case of the linus chain, you clear the mobs up to the doors, if hooli's door is closed, you leave and reset, repeat until hooli's door is open. wine it, go kill linus, leave, get stygean bh, come back for him, leav, get brig, come back = DONE. 3 bh on 1 wine.

but no, there are people stopping at step 2 or 3. thinking they can idk.. save money.. get more exp.. idk. all they are really doing is **** themselves and **** everybody else by making things more confusing than it has to be.

chains are fixed. youre not going to get phlebo then (B) while someone else gets phlebo followed by (C,D, or E). it's stupid people who get in a new squad for every step that are driving the wine prices up.

stay in your squads and finish out the full chain. every day. not over 3 days.
    I've beeing getting Nob -> Pyro -> Brig as my chain and frankly after paying inflated wine costs for BH69, I've been breaking the chain after Pyro... no way I'm paying for BH79 wine in the same session I just paid for BH69 wine and there's no way a L8x squad can do Brig un-wined without hours to comit. Just takes too long and Brig, being 3rd in the chain, was worth 27% less XP than Nob. Don't have to do it right? It's optional right? Any opting to do Brig has lots of time to kill... better off grinding in Frost-Covered City since the squad will have one cohesive goal. New BHs have made finding a squad with a common goal far more difficult, thus why people do not "stay in squads and finish out the full chain;" that'd require that 1) everyone in squad had the same starting point for a chain (most dont' have a clue where they are it seems); and 2) everyone has 3x the time allocation to comit to BH for new vs old. Achieveing both those pre-conditions hasn't worked out well, but it's a new systems and it's been less than a week so it might improve... but I seriously doubt it.

Give us all 3 bounties at once or go back to 1 bounty a day (and close the exploit allowing ppl in one time-zone to get 2/day)--it will ease the burden of finding a squad that sticks through it to the end.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I bet if you could change your vote in this poll, the numbers would show much more in favor of bringing back the old system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I bet if you could change your vote in this poll, the numbers would show much more in favor of bringing back the old system.

give it a week for people to get really sick of it and then start another poll. my guess is 90%+ will be in favor of the old system.

bh was brig-linus-styg which would have been fine if didnt have to kill styg in the first run to open the door. not rewining or running unwined to finish so just didnt do it. plus it takes to long to keep running through the same dungeon 3 times. using up w/e mats i have already farmed then not going to bother with bh's anymore.

the only reason i can see for this new system of bh's is forcing the prices of mats so high that it becomes cheaper to buy them from the cash shop.
  • Tinny - Harshlands
    Tinny - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the only reason i can see for this new system of bh's is forcing the prices of mats so high that it becomes cheaper to buy them from the cash shop.

Or just forcing us, players, to spend more time in this game.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Or forcing us to charge zen in order to make the money to continue to play this game at a fun level.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

like we dont have lives of our own....

what I said in a previous post: This has become entirely too stressful. Games are not supposed to be stressful. Games are supposed to be enjoyment and relaxation from everyday life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

what I said in a previous post: This has become entirely too stressful. Games are not supposed to be stressful. Games are supposed to be enjoyment and relaxation from everyday life.

i agree.. iv been feeling alot of stress because of this game in the past half a year or so.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

this is very true i felt this stress for far to long
    and the new system only made that worse for me its all about getting max lvl fast now
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So after a few days of the new system, I must say that it is MUCH better than the old one. Where I used to have to log on every 12 hours, now I can do 3 BH in one sitting. Lately they've all been in one instance so I'm getting 3bh for 1 wine fee, and tbh we're finding very creative ways to work around the sometimes-odd scheduling (linus -> stygean -> brig).

I like it, it's more favorable for those of us who don't like to be on PW before work/school.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally, i think the whole system would be much improved simply by letting us take all 3 at the same time.

^^This.

Getting Brigand, going out, getting Stygean.. sucks. It more than sucks. THEN getting Linus.. sucks even harder. New system is a big thumbs down for me too.

I will just do my first bh like normal and not worry about the rest unless its convenient. Takes too much time, money and did I mention time.. to do this the way they have it set up.

I don't have the money to wine FB 79 twice in one day.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So after a few days of the new system, I must say that it is MUCH better than the old one. Where I used to have to log on every 12 hours, now I can do 3 BH in one sitting. Lately they've all been in one instance so I'm getting 3bh for 1 wine fee, and tbh we're finding very creative ways to work around the sometimes-odd scheduling (linus -> stygean -> brig).

I like it, it's more favorable for those of us who don't like to be on PW before work/school.

the time thing is nice, I agree. Being able to pick it up whenever. But the other ****? You obviously have more tolerance than the rest of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ^
    All of the dailies now have eliminated much need for all the quests and even grinding tbh imo.

my sentiment exactly

but i do grind daily, i farm the mats for lv8 crafts ( even though no NPC gives us the recipes to uses those skills) and with the coins gained, i buy gold to get the mats with the almost non existent drop rate ;) (vega string //... )

and with no mob farmng.; nobody will do purgatol / demonol no more .... (happy to have finished thoses some time ago )

the new system isnt bad... but its not thought to be made in 1 day ,or maybe it is ??? and i did find the alternate way to do it in a less consuming way ?
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    new bh sytem seems good, got to say its one of the Successes of these patches b:surrender
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In some ways, the new system is okay.

In most ways I just think it sucks, plain and simple.

I ended up getting three BHs all at once, because I'm lazy with my BHs and picked up Pyro one day, and then picked up Doorknob and Polearm the day after. Now then, I have several issues with the new system.
    • It took me well over an hour to find a squad that would do all the bosses in 69. Why? Because now, when I see people advertising for 69, they've already killed one of the bloody bosses. This also leads to people saying to me "Well, we'll do another run for Pyro, but you have to pay a pricier than normal wine fee because we don't need it anymore."

Yes, I was told that.
    • The order of bosses is just... annoying at best. I dread to think how 79 will be when it screws up the order and you have to kill Styg to open the door - only to find out you need Stygean after you kill Brigand, or Linus, or whatever. That must just be a pain in the ****.

It also means there's a lot of running around and waiting for people to come and go. I clocked my 3 BHs taking an extra half an hour, just for everybody else to run away and get theirs. If I had been smart, I would have done the same, as I probably would have gotten two BHs for the same boss. But I was too lazy to do so, and too sick of waiting for everybody else.
    • Inflated wine prices FTL. Especially when I keep getting Pyro, Pole and Nob in succession, but all the other 69 squads I see these days have already killed one, or simply aren't willing to spend the extra couple of minutes to go out of their way and kill a boss they might not need.

All in all, here's what's happening:
    Wines cost more
    BHs take a LOT longer and include a LOT more pissing around as you run around the planet to turn one in and pick a new one up
    People drop squad depending on what BHs they've already done, leaving you to find new squad members for one or two bosses

And for what?
    Little more than 100k extra EXP. Questing to get that EXP would be less troublesome and take less time, I swear.

Old system FTW. Bring it back please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cant read it all but its really simple ..... As if the bh are all in fb 79 wine it once kill linus go out all, yeah if u dont dismiss ur squad and come back witout leaving squad the instance wont reset, kill styg go out again come back kill Brig, now if the door is closed to hooli ? if am not mistaken after wining the cave wen u take the first left turn there is a guard dont kill it at the beg skip it go ahead see if hooli is opened or not if not then go back and kill it hooli door should be opened by then.. i might be wrong bout the guard thing though . not entirely sure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In some ways, the new system is okay.

In most ways I just think it sucks, plain and simple.

I ended up getting three BHs all at once, because I'm lazy with my BHs and picked up Pyro one day, and then picked up Doorknob and Polearm the day after. Now then, I have several issues with the new system.
    • It took me well over an hour to find a squad that would do all the bosses in 69. Why? Because now, when I see people advertising for 69, they've already killed one of the bloody bosses. This also leads to people saying to me "Well, we'll do another run for Pyro, but you have to pay a pricier than normal wine fee because we don't need it anymore."

Yes, I was told that.
    • The order of bosses is just... annoying at best. I dread to think how 79 will be when it screws up the order and you have to kill Styg to open the door - only to find out you need Stygean after you kill Brigand, or Linus, or whatever. That must just be a pain in the ****.

It also means there's a lot of running around and waiting for people to come and go. I clocked my 3 BHs taking an extra half an hour, just for everybody else to run away and get theirs. If I had been smart, I would have done the same, as I probably would have gotten two BHs for the same boss. But I was too lazy to do so, and too sick of waiting for everybody else.
    • Inflated wine prices FTL. Especially when I keep getting Pyro, Pole and Nob in succession, but all the other 69 squads I see these days have already killed one, or simply aren't willing to spend the extra couple of minutes to go out of their way and kill a boss they might not need.

All in all, here's what's happening:
    Wines cost more
    BHs take a LOT longer and include a LOT more pissing around as you run around the planet to turn one in and pick a new one up
    People drop squad depending on what BHs they've already done, leaving you to find new squad members for one or two bosses

And for what?
    Little more than 100k extra EXP. Questing to get that EXP would be less troublesome and take less time, I swear.

Old system FTW. Bring it back please.

+1.

Plain and simple.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Something is wrong with this BH system. Got Gaurnob couple of days ago, but put it off to stack them with other days and save wine, but npc haven't given any new BH in the past two days.

Also, I got a second set in same day a couple of days ago (with new system), but that seems to have stopped too.
  • Centlara - Dreamweaver
    Centlara - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ugh this bh system b:angry
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People complain about the XP dropoff, but miss that they're still getting more total XP than they would in the old system doing just the one bounty hunt. The fact that the majority of fights take place in a single dungeon also makes things a lot easier, since you can do one run through, and have short breaks to receive the next bounty hunt in line.

I personally love the new system. It's a great way to get fast XP and spirit and lacks the problem of the old system where one person would need one boss, and the others are fighting only the earlier ones. It's more mutually beneficial.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The new BH system is total BS... as is everything that makes the price of wine go up... Complete FAIL ..
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People complain about the XP dropoff, but miss that they're still getting more total XP than they would in the old system doing just the one bounty hunt.
    It's a simple matter of time = money... Old (glitched) BH would give 200k XP x 2 in about 40 min for BH69 with a wine split of 65k x 2 = 130k coin. That's 10k XP per min. New BH69/79 gives 220k + 160k + 120k = 500k XP, but takes much longer to do unless the order is just right (which is not the majortiy of the time btw... play it some more and see); I've been seeing 90 min easy just trying to get all 3 bosses in BH69 due to squad members dropping, having to wait for people to Town Portal out, turn in, get next boss, teleport back in. So new system is 5k XP per min and the wine split is nearly double what it was.... Clearly a degradation over the old system and only advantageous to those who have lots of time to burn.
    The fact that the majority of fights take place in a single dungeon also makes things a lot easier, since you can do one run through, and have short breaks to receive the next bounty hunt in line.
    I haven't found this to be the case at all... my BHs have been bounced between BH69 and BH79 and even when theyr'e in the same dungeon you have to wait for ppl to leave, turn in, get next bounty and if they're on a different chain somehow they never return to squad, now you have to fill squad again because you dont' want to waste a wined instance. Never happened like that on the old system... in, all had same objective, out. Clean and simple AND NOT TAKING 90 MINUTES!
    I personally love the new system. It's a great way to get fast XP and spirit and lacks the problem of the old system where one person would need one boss, and the others are fighting only the earlier ones. It's more mutually beneficial.
    The old system, you would only join a squad killing one boss... it was beautiful. Now we have the exact oppositie situation... maybe its because of your level and the BHs you get, but those doing BH69/79 are at a serious degradation realtive to the old system. Just to reiterate, I'm paying twice as much coin to earn half the XP per minute... that's not better in any way, shape, or form.
  • SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
    SmilingCooki - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    All you have to do is hold the instance till you find you find out what the next BH is.

Last night my guild ran our 7x BH's and all 3 ended up being fb59....no wine and in about 45 minutes the bosses were dead and we got our exp b:cute

Once one boss is dead send a member to turn theirs in and check for the next. Then all go turn it in while one stays back.

It is not that difficult imo and you should NOT have to wine 3 instances.

PS --> Those that may be different...you do not have to wine to make many of these instances go fast!!

I would have figured most people have figured out the leaving one person behind thing already, especially you higher Lv's.
    The exp decreases with each BH...

7x -->

1st = 165k exp
    2nd = 120k exp
    3rd = 90exp
    Total = 375k exp

100+ BH -->

1st = Regular random item reward
    2nd = Choice of Exp, Spirit or Rep reward

True that it sucks for all the 100+ people out there. But then again, most people at 100+ usually just play for TW, helping fac, or just to try and get to be the highest. Nothing new is going to happen with you guys. (no offense)
    Don't stare at me like that, I just might like it.
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the new system sucks.
    now im forced to do my bh everyday...
    with the old system i waited 3 days then did them all
    now i have to do them everyday because otherwise i dont get the one for the next day.

i dont want to do bhs all the time everyday. i want to do some quests too.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the new system sucks.
    now im forced to do my bh everyday...
    with the old system i waited 3 days then did them all
    now i have to do them everyday because otherwise i dont get the one for the next day.

i dont want to do bhs all the time everyday. i want to do some quests too.

Classic case of grade A laziness if you ask me >.>
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Classic case of grade A laziness if you ask me >.>

Why is that lazy, it's actually smart, it saves money in the long run, if you have the 65K old to 75-80k current to waste each run be my guess. I find this new BH a crock of ****. I prefer the old BH system. Its to the point now I don't care for BH cause it's a waste of freaking time and money.

And since you only lvl 5x+ you don't have to worry about 2 different dungeons to do. Wait until you get to where we are you have to do BH51 Fushma, Wyvern, and BH59 Zimo. Then the 8x's have the BH69 and 79 and that can rack up bills you don't want. 75-100k a day **** that
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why is that lazy, it's actually smart, it saves money in the long run, if you have the 65K old to 75-80k current to waste each run be my guess. I find this new BH a crock of ****. I prefer the old BH system. Its to the point now I don't care for BH cause it's a waste of freaking time and money.

And since you only lvl 5x+ you don't have to worry about 2 different dungeons to do. Wait until you get to where we are you have to do BH51 Fushma, Wyvern, and BH59 Zimo. Then the 8x's have the BH69 and 79 and that can rack up bills you don't want. 75-100k a day **** that

Point proven, but still, we all have our own opinions. I myself hope that they keep the new BH system up for another update or two. If the majority of PWI feels like going back to the BH system, I have no problem with that.
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Point proven, but still, we all have our own opinions. I myself hope that they keep the new BH system up for another update or two. If the majority of PWI feels like going back to the BH system, I have no problem with that.

What point is proven if I may ask?

You know nothing about 70's & 80's BHs you are only 56. When you get to where we are and actually have to spend the 75-100k a day to do your BH, I don't care who you are, that will get old real fast.

Ok, so you think we are lazy, find a 80+ and pay his 75-100k daily BH see how long you like this new system
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What point is proven if I may ask?

You know nothing about 70's & 80's BHs you are only 56. When you get to where we are and actually have to spend the 75-100k a day to do your BH, I don't care who you are, that will get old real fast.

Ok, so you think we are lazy, find a 80+ and pay his 75-100k daily BH see how long you like this new system

That's what I'm saying, I know that eventually I will have to do that and I will see how it feels spending that much daily (hence the point proven.) Once again, we all have our own opinions, so you're not one to speak for all of 80+ out there (not trying to turn this into anything personal.)