New BH System

Options

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I would have no complaint if it wherent for the fact that yesterdays BH went>

1st >>>delta stage 2 boss
    2nd >>>delta stage.......3 boss

Meaning we actually cannot feel safe with just 1bm barbless like in previous delta BHs, and have to dig a tad... and actually have a possibility of a fail. (seriously u cant rule it out cause unlike instances u cant come back and ress **** and continue on)

This one is stupid. Warsong would probably be as well. All the rest of the BHs for lower levels as well as the 99s & 3-3 for 100+ you can maintain open to get your next target, however Warsong & Rebirth you cant hold the instance and get the next, there simply isnt enough time. I also wonder how the 99s would work, hopefully they wont give you the final boss 1st, then give you the boss you had to have already killed to open the door to the final boss (wouldnt surprise me, since you sometimes HAVE to kill stygean to proceed to Brigand & Linus, and after that they gave us Stygean...)
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I vote the newer one because you get more exp, if you are in a money crunch, just have one person stay behind to save your progress in the fb, then switch places once another person is in
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I havent seen if anyone said anything about this (too lazy to look.) So I guess Ill just throw in my 2 cents...

I dont like the new system mainly because its rewarding only players 100+... Theres maybe a total of <5 people on each server that actually EARNED their level 100+ and didnt use the whole anniversarry pack to shoot their character to godlike status. So now PWI is giving more items (and what amounts to more coin) to players who have spent tons of money to get their characters to that level.

Now you may not see a problem with that, but let me ask you this... What in the dark stinky flaming bowels of hell is a cash shopper gonna do with more coin? Youd think they might help out some of the people that are still working their way up through the 80s-90s the honest way.

And yes I know the cash shoppers are gonna flame me for this but schwatda@#$%ever.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What's your opinion on it?

I personally don't one bit.
    For us lvl 90+, BH the day,
    Yet you can't them all at .

This.

/10car
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I still don't get why so many votes against the new bh system.

You get more exp and you're a moron if you wine the same instance twice. It will take longer, yeah, but you get more exp. I mean c'mon oracles was a good reason to QQ but they just made it easier to level for those players that don't cash shop (as much). ^^
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Went in 69 for BH. Had Pole/Gaurnob, as usual. Our sin had Pyro, another BM and the cleric had Gaurnob.

- We kill Pyro, sin goes out to get next BH... gets Pyro again. So we move on to Gaurnob.
    - Cleric/second BM go out after Gaurnob... they get Gaurnob and Pyro.
    - I hand in Pole/Gaurnob, I get Pyro and Gaurnob.

/Facepalm

Hate this new system, though it got me some very nice exp. Just a ton more problems to run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What bugs me is that, people who are lazy and complain that grinding is boring and e need more dailies have it easier now. Anyone remember the days where we didnt have any BHs, we had to grind for our lvls as early as 4Xs. Well it makes my future toons eaiser to lvl.

The good ole days of camping FB19 instead of grinding, but hey I enjoyed the grinding after work, stress relief kill something that wont kill you
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I officially hate the new system now... I'm going to be dealing with BH69 for a while to come... it's ridiculously long if it's not wined... demand for wine just went up 3x. There are NO WINES ANYWHERE and the mats went from 5k to 9k a pop... Wine split used to be 65k and is now 120k... Yeah, that officially sucks. -_^

Edit: No mats in auction either... unless you want to wait 13 hours to get your mats to do your BH... no buy-now items at all... Maybe it will equalize after a while but farmers are going to gouge prices based on the increased demand. At least that's what I'm seeing in-game at the moment.

Edit2: Oh and this was a brilliantly demoralizing sequence that 3 of us in my squad all got identically: Nob -> Pyro -> Brigrand Transient?! (wow, we were so expecting Polearm based on notes above ... Brig just seems like a mistake >.<)
  • Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver
    Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    has the amount of bh exp gone down? O.o i couldve sworn that bh59 used to give more than 90k exp >.>

Edit: so now that the demand for wine has gone up, do you think the demand for mats will go up as well and it will be very difficult to farm?
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    has the amount of bh exp gone down? O.o i couldve sworn that bh59 used to give more than 90k exp >.>

It was 150k and 150k. Now it's 160k 120k 90k
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like the new system for 1 simple fact: more free exp available per day. I wouldn't mind getting to 100 for Palace of Nirvana sooner, and I also can't help but wonder if they're setting up to uncap levels and expand into the higher range.

As for wines, I have no use for them. I'm sure they are convenient for some random squads or people who don't put in much playing time, but if you have a good squad that plays well, wining is a waste.

Lastly, nobody is forced to do all the BH's if they don't want to. In fact, the ones who are accustomed to doing one BH a day still got an exp-reward increase for free, assuming they continue to just do the one per day. If they wanted to pick up 2 per day, but their timezone made it unfeasible to do so, this helps them again. Seems win-win all around.
  • Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver
    Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah people would be complaining less about wines if they could just take the time do unwine it. 3 unwined bh = probably 6 hours. in another game i played, we grinded in party in a dungeon for 12 hours to get the same amount of exp that you get for 6 hours in a bh so be my god, be happy
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    3 unwined bh = probably 6 hours.

If any unwined bh takes 2 hours to do, something is wrong. With the exception of possibly the BH100's, 30-45 minutes should be tops for any decent squad. Less than that for a good squad. If people quit wining everything, maybe they would *gasp* learn to play their characters in squad situations.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The exp decreases with each BH...

7x -->

1st = 165k exp
    2nd = 120k exp
    3rd = 90exp
    Total = 375k exp

100+ BH -->

1st = Regular random item reward
    2nd = Choice of Exp, Spirit or Rep reward

so basically... we have been "nerfed" and "debuffed"...lovely...
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Can we still take the oldstyle second bh? If so, what time did it change too?
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    Can we still take the oldstyle second bh? If so, what time did it change too?

nope, no "oldstyle", only if we could... you get a bh order(30 min time limit) after the first one to get the second debuffed bh
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If any unwined bh takes 2 hours to do, something is wrong. With the exception of possibly the BH100's, 30-45 minutes should be tops for any decent squad. Less than that for a good squad. If people quit wining everything, maybe they would *gasp* learn to play their characters in squad situations.
    I would agree with BH79 only taking 45 min for a good 9x squad, but BH69 with a L8x squad simply takes 2 hours to nail Pole & Nob if it's unwined... even a good squad; there's simply more mobs in the way than in BH79. I'm sure a bunch of 9x can do it much faster, but that's like saying L10x that can't clear Eden in 2 hours have something seriously wrong.

Hell even BH59 for a L7x squad will take a couple hours to do all 5 bosses unwined...

As far as the comment about just doing the first BH and dropping out of a squad early, that doesnt' earn you many rep points among players that paid an inflated wine split (yeah, yeah, don't wine it... but not everybody has 3 hours to do BH69 unwined because there's that added time to go back to HH and then back to WraithGate after you've exhausted your TP... that adds a lot of entertainment value -_-; just give all the quests at once please!).
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    First off, you have to think logically and view all facets of the new BH system.

1. it's awesome for lower levels

By example my sin levels way faster then i ever could imagine at the moment.
    Doing Qingzi 3x/day nearly gains me 1 lvl now without questing/grinding.

The downside of it is that i had over 38 quests to do and even while i'm doing them, they keep building up as you lvl. You need a LOT of time just doing the quests to not fall behind on them to much.

2. It is ok for mid levels

A bh that doesn't need wines when you have some help from higher lvls and goes FAST (like bh 51) helps the mid lvls because they get less quests then before. So also this helps em lvl faster.

3. it sucks for high lvl's.

Face it, i don't see how doing an UNwined BH69 and BH 79 can give you FAST exp. It takes a long time, esp with randoms since they need to know what they're doing in the first place.

And i don't see lots of high lvls doing brim unwined.

So the cost for the wines and the time consuming if you do it unwined does come into play.

4. Different bosses.

Well, this is the most bothersome part. You have to kill 1 boss, not reset the instance, go in again for another boss. Or you have a different instance that you prolly want to wine.

Try to NOT reset an instance with a bunch of randoms....sucks in most cases. Some of them have different instances next, some have done different runs....etc. (meaning their last run while it's your first.)

Overall, you can conclude that it has both an advantage (at low lvl) as a disadvantage (high lvl).

I for one, don't do BH's anymore on my high lvl. I don't have the time, i refuse to pay through the nose for wines, and forget about farming mats even.

It's all fine if you play 12Hrs/day. But those that have less time available are basically F. over. The only ones profiting from this crappy new system imo are those that have loads of time to play and pwi itself.

The new system is both loathed and loved. But take a wild guess to who's loving it and who hates it. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out.
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    First off, you have to think logically and view all facets of the new BH system.

I totally agree, but only one thing you forget. BEST Profit makes AGAIN people who buy golds and sell thim in auction so have a lot of money. They will not care about wine cost and can get even more exp like before and faster.
  • Rastelin - Heavens Tear
    Rastelin - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    New BH system? I guess I didn't read the patch notes. b:laugh
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Old BH at 73: 150k xp total.

New BH at 73: 375k xp total.

The first BH of the new system gives more xp than the only xp you'd get out of the old system, and you're complaining about this? You go right ahead and calculate how long it would take to grind/Justice order the additional 225k xp, and then compare it to the additional time it takes to run two more bosses.

Spoiler: The latter is 5000% more cost-efficient. Quit yer G*ddamn b*tchin'.
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi,
    I would love more the new system if they will add on BH, bosses from quests not only from fb-caves.If bosses like Virridis,Rattus,Kimsa,Slitt,Mantavip,Crimson,Jewelscalen,Silver frost..etc will be hunted im sure less ppl will cry for help in world chat for quest bosses b:sad.What do higher lvls ? BH and gamma all day..b:shutup.How many high lvls helped for outside culti/quest bosses from worldchat? Devs should add randomly for highest lvls outside bosses too b:cry.Ppl will see squads many times and they might get a slot for a help b:thanks

oh, btw no need wines for Slitt or other bosses ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi,
    I would love more the new system if they will add on BH, bosses from quests not only from fb-caves.If bosses like Virridis,Rattus,Kimsa,Slitt,Mantavip..etc will be hunted im sure less ppl will cry for help in world chat for quest bosses b:sad.What do higher lvls ? BH and gamma all day..b:shutup.How many high lvls helped for outside culti/quest bosses from worldchat? Devs should add randomly for highest lvls outside bosses too b:cry.Ppl will see squads many times and they might get a slot for a help b:thanks

oh, btw no need wines for Slitt or other bosses ;)

If added outside bosses it would just end up being a massive Ks fest, and on PvP servers the bosses would be camped by Pkers.

You shouldnt need higher levels to help with Bh's, the whole point is to squad up with people of similiar level to get them done.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LOL outside bosses, try to do them on a pvp server lol can u imagine all ppl pk each other from kos guilds???

Try a pvp server the n u know wt im talking about
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Do I need to say more........

No.

But we all know you *will*. Over and over again.

It's your nature.

RedMenace

\might think about having the hair-trigger on you Snark generator turned down a bit
    \\In a busy thread, sometimes messages appear while you are writing your message
    \\\<music>The More You Know...</music>
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    old Bh At 73: 150k Xp Total.

New Bh At 73: 375k Xp Total.

The First Bh Of The New System Gives More Xp Than The Only Xp You'd Get Out Of The Old System, And You're Complaining About This? You Go Right Ahead And Calculate How Long It Would Take To Grind/justice Order The Additional 225k Xp, And Then Compare It To The Additional Time It Takes To Run Two More Bosses.

Spoiler: The Latter Is 5000% More Cost-efficient. Quit Yer G*ddamn B*tchin'.

+1000000000000
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    3. it sucks for high lvl's.

Face it, i don't see how doing an UNwined BH69 and BH 79 can give you FAST exp. It takes a long time, esp with randoms since they need to know what they're doing in the first place.

And i don't see lots of high lvls doing brim unwined.

So the cost for the wines and the time consuming if you do it unwined does come into play.

4. Different bosses.

Well, this is the most bothersome part. You have to kill 1 boss, not reset the instance, go in again for another boss. Or you have a different instance that you prolly want to wine.

Try to NOT reset an instance with a bunch of randoms....sucks in most cases. Some of them have different instances next, some have done different runs....etc. (meaning their last run while it's your first.)

Overall, you can conclude that it has both an advantage (at low lvl) as a disadvantage (high lvl).

I for one, don't do BH's anymore on my high lvl. I don't have the time, i refuse to pay through the nose for wines, and forget about farming mats even.

It's all fine if you play 12Hrs/day. But those that have less time available are basically F. over. The only ones profiting from this crappy new system imo are those that have loads of time to play and pwi itself.

The new system is both loathed and loved. But take a wild guess to who's loving it and who hates it. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out.

You don't have to do this at all. I checked today and a carryover 2ndBH does not block you from getting a new 1stBH the next day. I'll do one run today, get credit for Stygean and Linus, and have a 1stBH, 2ndBH, and 3rdBH stacked up tomorrow. Depending on what they've done to the randomness of boss draws, I may get one run through 79 for all three rewards and be set for that same scheme every day from then on. It will probably take a little while for this to sort out, but I think this is more likely where people will go than either multiple wined runs in a day or squads holding instances (which requires finding a squad all at the same stage to begin with).
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BH has kinda become the new WQ for me. I hate it 'cause it takes so long, but I can't ignore the amazing amount of exp it gives me.

Old BH - 400k exp a day.
    New BH - 720k exp a day.

Enough said.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AyameOni - Sanctuary
    AyameOni - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Multiple BH's per day has good and bad sides.

I do like more variety in gaining exp in the game. For those that like to solo, questing, CoF, grinding, WQ and doing CS everyday suits their gaming style. And for those who like to squad up all the time, helping with FBs, public quests, and now marriage quests and having more opportunities for BH provides several ways for that style.

I think having 3 BHs available per day is bothersome for those that feel the need to complete every single daily quest, just because it's there and won't be tomorrow. eg: me. I don't like that you are rewarded less the more time you spend in game. Also, it seems that it's not as rewarding for higher lvls. It seems kinda backwards this way.

The name of the game is false advertisement to an extent. PWI is not perfect.. yet. They're working on it, so give em time to test new implementations with larger samples.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BH has kinda become the new WQ for me. I hate it 'cause it takes so long, but I can't ignore the amazing amount of exp it gives me.

Old BH - 400k exp a day.
    New BH - 720k exp a day.

Enough said.

Same here. Takes forever but awesome exp. Personally I'm ignoring part 3 on my BM though. Today we got guar (fine), pyro (great, still on the same wine)......and brigand (whoa waitasec wtf o.O). Stygean I'd understand, but brigand?

Wine prices have shot through the roof. 300k per bh69 wine and 450k per bh79? Madness ^^ you can do the thing on one wine, where the heck is the demand coming from o.O