New BH System

Options

Comments

• Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's what I'm saying, I know that eventually I will have to do that and I will see how it feels spending that much daily (hence the point proven.) Once again, we all have our own opinions, so you're not one to speak for all of 80+ out there (not trying to turn this into anything personal.)

I for one don't like it. For those that aren't on all the time, I'm pretty sure they don't care for it either. 75-100k for one BH is alot, and with this new one, the prices of wine shot up to ridiculous prices, and yes we are entitled to our own opinions, and mine is, this new BH system SUCKS **** for the higher lvls. Yes maybe more exp, but at these prices, the old BH system saved alot more.
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Point proven, but still, we all have our own opinions. I myself hope that they keep the new BH system up for another update or two. If the majority of PWI feels like going back to the BH system, I have no problem with that.

Are you crazy?? It will never go back to the previous way of doing bh's . Not even if more than half the population rage quits/ stops doing bh's/ etc etc. PWI is making way too much more money off the heavy cash shoppers too lazy to earn money in game. Charge Zen ~ sell in AH ~ buy mats ~ wine all the runs you need to do every day . Rinse and repeat when you run out of coin.

Nothing here like that has ever been reversed due to public outcry, the duke rose fiasco and the pigment f up (mass out cry for a server reset on both occassions was denied), the Nix bleed "bug" ( you would know that if you'd have been here longer than 2 months) Mass amounts of gold was spent (and still is with the Nix's) taking advantage. Most recently I would mention the Anni Packs. Altho I do respect that alot of people benefited from the packs (even non cash shoppers) there was still mass outcry about the packs returning, and returning , and returning again... to no avail.

Please stop posting uneducated posts about bh runs when all your current runs are no wine required. b:bye
    To sum up my post PWI does not care if a few povo's are upset over a quest , its whatever brings in the big dollars that counts.

The BH's will not return to the previous way.

Edited to include the anni packs i had forgot to mention.
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so true cost of doing bh now is high now, but let pwi do what they want. As long don't ruin game play mass of the majority of it players. Will stay if totally ruin the game i can see popularity die fast
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's what I'm saying, I know that eventually I will have to do that and I will see how it feels spending that much daily (hence the point proven.) Once again, we all have our own opinions, so you're not one to speak for all of 80+ out there (not trying to turn this into anything personal.)

Maybe he isn't speaking for all 80+ out there, but what he says is true. You can have your own opinion, and that's fine, but I can promise you that a lot of higher levels dislike this new system.

If you read my previous post.

1. Bosses are out of order. For 79, this is a nightmare, because if you happen to get a chain like Brig > Styg > Linus or whatever, there are times you have to kill Styg first, in order to get to Brig. So what happens then? You have to re-enter the instance and kill Styg, and then kill Linus. If you happened to have wined that 79, you just wasted a LOT of money for nothing. So the boss orders in most chains absolutely suck big ones.

2. Wine expenses are now more expensive. My BH69s used to be 50k-65k at most. These days, it's 65k+ from my experience.

3. I have never known BHs to be so time consuming as they are now. A full wined 69 run was an easy 40 minute job beforehand, but now everybody has to **** around leaving squad, teleporting out, getting the new one, coming back in. What used to be 40 minutes is now an easy 70-80 minute job.

4. People won't necessarily get the same chain as you, and in this case, they will simply drop squad and never come back. Say hello to waiting to find a replacement squad member, and praying that they don't need the boss(es) you already killed.

So... let's see...
    Increased prices... ridiculous boss orders... an extra half an hour of play time that really wasn't needed before... and the potential need to replace squad members who don't get the same chain...
    All for a measly 100k extra experience if you do all three BHs....
    AKA not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. Bosses are out of order. For 79, this is a nightmare, because if you happen to get a chain like Brig > Styg > Linus or whatever, there are times you have to kill Styg first, in order to get to Brig. So what happens then? You have to re-enter the instance and kill Styg, and then kill Linus. If you happened to have wined that 79, you just wasted a LOT of money for nothing. So the boss orders in most chains absolutely suck big ones.

2. Wine expenses are now more expensive. My BH69s used to be 50k-65k at most. These days, it's 65k+ from my experience.

3. I have never known BHs to be so time consuming as they are now. A full wined 69 run was an easy 40 minute job beforehand, but now everybody has to **** around leaving squad, teleporting out, getting the new one, coming back in. What used to be 40 minutes is now an easy 70-80 minute job.

4. People won't necessarily get the same chain as you, and in this case, they will simply drop squad and never come back. Say hello to waiting to find a replacement squad member, and praying that they don't need the boss(es) you already killed.

So... let's see...
    Increased prices... ridiculous boss orders... an extra half an hour of play time that really wasn't needed before... and the potential need to replace squad members who don't get the same chain...
    All for a measly 100k extra experience if you do all three BHs....
    AKA not worth it.

just read my previous posts ..... and dont all be so greedy to have a measly xp any way possible.

concerning your points:
    1 = the way i explained it some pages ago .; I do the bosses in the good way

2 = i run all my BH with the same squad.; everyone brings its part of the mats ..way cheaper

3 = I run them for the same amount of time as before... and know what to do before the day begins.

4 = with my way of doint it ... you ll have all the people for the all run ...

tomorrow i know i will have my squad do = Ethereal abo, Linus, Brigand , wines are already done (mats farmed when we finished previous step)

- Ether is today step 1
    - Brig is yesterday step 2
    - Linus is previous day step 3

and after having done them , i ll get tomorrow step 1, today step 2, and yesterday step 3, so ill know exactly what wine ill need, and have time to prepare and have a real fast run.

At the end of the week the amount of XP is the same, except that i would have done it 3 times faster than you.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dailies shouldn't be this complicated. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like the new BH system, I find it much easier, and less stressful, than before.

http://yfrog.com/5821859091j
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm behind on my normal quests b/c I've been doing every daily and getting like around 2.2m exp per day. b:shocked

Crazy stone, world quest, couples quest, cube, BH chain (psy and my 100+ char).
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    just read my previous posts ..... and dont all be so greedy to have a measly xp any way possible.

concerning your points:
    1 = the way i explained it some pages ago .; I do the bosses in the good way

2 = i run all my BH with the same squad.; everyone brings its part of the mats ..way cheaper

3 = I run them for the same amount of time as before... and know what to do before the day begins.

4 = with my way of doint it ... you ll have all the people for the all run ...

tomorrow i know i will have my squad do = Ethereal abo, Linus, Brigand , wines are already done (mats farmed when we finished previous step)

- Ether is today step 1
    - Brig is yesterday step 2
    - Linus is previous day step 3

and after having done them , i ll get tomorrow step 1, today step 2, and yesterday step 3, so ill know exactly what wine ill need, and have time to prepare and have a real fast run.

At the end of the week the amount of XP is the same, except that i would have done it 3 times faster than you.

Actually, that sounds like a very detailed plan. Detailed right up to the point of squad members (wine mats contributor) has already been determined.

It sounds a lot like a faction run or a run along with your friends, predetermined.

The exp gained is great with this new system. But systems do have it's own flaws.

When I reach that coin sink stage for BH, I will give up and go grinding the good old hard way. It's 76k per member per run.

It's not that I cannot earn that amount, but I see no point in doing that when I could save up for my new gear.
  • BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver
    BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I hate the new BH system tbh =/ it's like oh hey you have to kill 3 bosses in the same dungeon but you have to do them in turn while going back and forth from the dungeon and the NPC. Not to mention the complication with squads and selfish people all needing different bosses.

BH79 is fun fun fun...not!
    I am a Demon Axe/Fist BM and proud of it. b:victory

Played for 4 months between 09.21.09-01.18.10

Then quit playing a game that I had grown to hate every day. b:bye
  • closingin
    closingin Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well a couple of days ago, i had to do a gaurnob, pyro gaurnob...so ya i prefer the old bh system, at least i know i can do pole and nob at the same time instead of going back and forth...saves time so you can do your other dailies such as wq, cs, wedding quest for those who are married (even though it dont take long)

i like old bh system...
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just did it for the first time today. I got two bhs. Did one, turned it in, got the second step,turned the other one in, and wait, whats this..........Oh no a timer! There goes one bh. They should warn you. Anyways, I like the extra exp. So yeah, this bh system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I hate the new BH system tbh =/ it's like oh hey you have to kill 3 bosses in the same dungeon but you have to do them in turn while going back and forth from the dungeon and the NPC. Not to mention the complication with squads and selfish people all needing different bosses.

BH79 is fun fun fun...not!

Yep. Had two people join a "Calcid, Trioc if you need" squad. Both go "can we do Farren first". I would have said no, Farren last, since #1 you answered to a Calcid/Trioc squad....so we go first, not you. It was obvious they were gonna ditch, and they did. Fine by me, I know who I will never help again.
  • Progrinder - Dreamweaver
    Progrinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I read some post bout bh 100 then skipped pages, hmmm got delta 2+ delta 3

after giving back my abadon from yesterday this mornign my second bh was one other boss in warsong skulXXXXX lich don't remember the name, and it's like for the 8x u can get 79 and 69 the same day.

I think I had torment and second bh as second boss of delta too so doubt they are staying in the same instance, and what else FACK the eye of observation and us lolb:angry
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Had interesting steps of bh:

1. Wyvern
    2. Rankar
    3. Fushma

As result in all three bh squads Rankar, Fushma had been killed.

No problem for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What point is proven if I may ask?

You know nothing about 70's & 80's BHs you are only 56. When you get to where we are and actually have to spend the 75-100k a day to do your BH, I don't care who you are, that will get old real fast.

Ok, so you think we are lazy, find a 80+ and pay his 75-100k daily BH see how long you like this new system

I know something of bh69 and bh79 (and I also have friends that talk with me of these things).

You only need one wine set to do all of a day's runs in bh69 (or bh79), regardless of their "order".

And, yes, there is a trick to this -- the trick is that you can have quests open from multiple days. Also, once you have this, you need to make sure you do not turn them in until the next day when you can get a complete set of quests.

If you have not already been doing your quests this way, you might have to give up some of your lower-experience quests to get things lined up properly, but the time and coin you save, in the long run, should pay this back to you (you can spend your time grinding and eventually, along with your grinding experience, you will find enough scrolls and authentic works and crusade orders and so on to make up the difference and then some).
  • _Faith_ - Harshlands
    _Faith_ - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well wat u can do is do the one u need first then go back to arch and get the next
    because once i have consecutive bosses and they were from the same dungeonn
    although i agree they should let us take them all at once :)
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    today i got brig as the lvl1 =O

now i have 4 total.. etheral, linus, brig (lvl1) and a brig lvl3.

*runs away from pc screaming and flailing arms*
  • Wyver - Harshlands
    Wyver - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Had interesting steps of bh:

1. Wyvern
    2. Rankar
    3. Fushma

As result in all three bh squads Rankar, Fushma had been killed.

No problem for me.

you dont have to wine fb51 thats why b:surrender
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok i hate the bh system even more nowb:angry
    i never had trouble finding squads mainly since theres not many barbs and alot off people need barbs
    but today i couldnt find a squad at all and i shouted for like 30 minsb:shocked

i cant even imagine how bad it must be for DDs nowb:shocked
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    New BH system is stupid plain and simple, at least for 100+

Sack of observation, wtf is that?
  • AyameOni - Sanctuary
    AyameOni - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    After about a week of trying the new system, doing 3 bosses per day for a large sum of exp has grown on me.

BUT there needs to be some serious fixes to the new system imo.

Two options for receiving quests:

1) getting all three bosses at once.

2) getting a not-so-random order, so I actually have hair left after I'm done playing for the night.

Other plausible fixes I had in mind: I think we should get some serious cash as a reward, or at least an option of a large sum of exp vs gold coins (it IS a bounty quest, after all), and it would alleviate any wine costs or at least not make it as bad.

Also, I think that if they want to have different values of exp as reward for the quests, going from big to small is completely backwards. Going from small to big would make much more sense, since you are spending more time in game. Heck, getting exp based on difficulty would be even better. I would feel much more sense of accomplishment if I received 25% more exp for killing Wyvern than Fushma. (I know, I know, one chain was Wyvern>Rankar>Fushma, which btw is ridiculous and a headache and a half when someone "accidentally" pulls Fushma AND Rankar AT THE SAME TIME when trying to skip them for the first round in FB51...)

Enough QQing about past ventures, I just think that this new system is a great idea, just hasn't been perfected yet.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    personally i love the exp, but i mean seriously bh69, as much as i hate it, use to take idk 30-40 mins with wine and good squad, but jut the other day i did all 3 bosses for a few hours its annoying, i dont like teleing in and out. i mean im broke most of the time, why would i be waisting it teleing to arch, and back to wraithgate, or hallucinary trench (how ever u spel it) i mean if i had tons of cash i'd gladly tele, i have to go a few hours now and then on lvl 64 veno just to keep up with bh prices now. i'd like to use that money to get to wraith gate and pay for wine, not tele'ing back and forth. and i mentioned this with old bh squad, why not just give us all 3 bosses and give us x2-2.5 the exp? i mean i know ppl bug about bh79 having to wine it a few times, and bh69 is annoying becuase it far from arch and u have to wine it aswell. so just give us all 3 bosses for double or 2.5 the exp from the old bh
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok i hate the bh system even more nowb:angry
    i never had trouble finding squads mainly since theres not many barbs and alot off people need barbs
    but today i couldnt find a squad at all and i shouted for like 30 minsb:shocked

i cant even imagine how bad it must be for DDs nowb:shocked

Bh59, usually the question of 10 minutes gathering a squad, 5 minutes getting there and 15 minutes finishing the entire thing took me today....

-1 and a half hours finding a squad. ALL the squads need clerics.
    -Half an hour to finish, we had a leroy BM who made things difficult. And obviously no one wanted to stick with a fail squad so everyone auto leaves after drake.
    -1 hour searching a gluttonix squad. I gave up here. 90% of squads do the bh in order and/or want to do a heap of other bosses too. And ALL need clerics.

I finally joined some friends doing glutt and 45 mins later after trying to form a squad I'm done. Osfotis next...not even worth the stress. I hit that "trash" button and went to play a console game for a few to cool off.

Anyone else feeling strangely stressed out after playing a lot of pw lately? b:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    New BH system is stupid plain and simple, at least for 100+

Sack of observation, wtf is that?
    would you be happy if it was called Peeping Sack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I liked the new BH but it came with a new bug:

20100118021604.th.jpg

as you see I have the item to take a 3rd (!) bh at the same time but the flag stays grey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I liked the new BH but it came with a new bug:

20100118021604.th.jpg

as you see I have the item to take a 3rd (!) bh at the same time but the flag stays grey.

For the first 2 days, I was able to take on a new bh as long as I have the token in my bag, which resulted I can take up to 5 bh.

Then on the 3rd day onwards, it seems that something was fixed, and the extra token in the bag will expire and not allow you to take a new bh until the present ones are done.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have four BHs in my quest list now and am having plenty of trouble finding a squad. Yeah, this is great. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Kuaru - Dreamweaver
    Kuaru - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On the one hand I somewhat agree with the people stating their disapproval about noone having time for nothing but BH.
    But on the other hand this system is so much more dependable.
    You know you definitely WILL get your 3 BHs, and it's still up to everyone if you do them or not.
    And -let's face it- people at decent level, especially barbs and clerics, are busy most of the time anyway. Be it TT, FC, FB or whatever. It has always been like that.
    Personally I can say the new system helps me leveling faster and comes in handy since I wanna be 90 so much b:cute
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On the one hand I somewhat agree with the people stating their disapproval about noone having time for nothing but BH.
    But on the other hand this system is so much more dependable.
    You know you definitely WILL get your 3 BHs, and it's still up to everyone if you do them or not.
    And -let's face it- people at decent level, especially barbs and clerics, are busy most of the time anyway. Be it TT, FC, FB or whatever. It has always been like that.
    Personally I can say the new system helps me leveling faster and comes in handy since I wanna be 90 so much b:cute

We weren't guaranteed the one before? I always knew I definitely would get my one BH...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]