New BH System

Options
Horikita - Dreamweaver
Horikita - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
What's your opinion on it?

I personally don't like it one bit.
For us lvl 90+, 3 BH in the same day, possibly all 3 are in the same dungeon.
Yet you can't take them all at once.

Stygean -> Brig -> Linus
That's at least 2 wined BH there.

And the exp rate is horrible
240k -> 180k -> XXXk

The old BH which gives 330k per each, you might get more out of 2 than these 3 combined.

Edit:

After waiting a day to see the pattern, i find new BH system is better? xD
Here's the correct pattern for lvl 90+

Linus -> Stygean -> Brigand
So do Linus and stygean with one wine, save the Brigand for next day.
This way you can form a full cycle of 3 bosses in one wined BH.

However it seems we won't be getting brim/eden bh anymore.
I still have my eden/brim saved up from like 2 weeks ago when i last did BH
And they give 330k exp each.
Post edited by Horikita - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i believe youre blowing that out of proportion, if you DID happen to get a chain like that, you could infact leave the party intact and goto the already cleared FB. they did change the way the bosses work too.

there is potential for larger exp output for us lower levels to gain more experience doing instances, as well as level us faster for those of us who do not have an avid gaming schedule. some of us do play casually.

i find it wonderful for my assassin.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Stygean -> Brig -> Linus

240k -> 180k -> XXXk

The old BH which gives 330k per each, you might get more out of 2 than these 3 combined.

TBH I am "cheap". I would rather use 1 wine lets say Gaurnob and Polearm in one day. To me it saves money. Wine expenses b:sad ouch for me. So I would go for the old system.
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What bugs me is that, people who are lazy and complain that grinding is boring and e need more dailies have it easier now. Anyone remember the days where we didnt have any BHs, we had to grind for our lvls as early as 4Xs. Well it makes my future toons eaiser to lvl.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    All you have to do is hold the instance till you find you find out what the next BH is.

Last night my guild ran our 7x BH's and all 3 ended up being fb59....no wine and in about 45 minutes the bosses were dead and we got our exp b:cute

Once one boss is dead send a member to turn theirs in and check for the next. Then all go turn it in while one stays back.

It is not that difficult imo and you should NOT have to wine 3 instances.

PS --> Those that may be different...you do not have to wine to make many of these instances go fast!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What bugs me is that, people who are lazy and complain that grinding is boring and e need more dailies have it easier now. Anyone remember the days where we didnt have any BHs, we had to grind for our lvls as early as 4Xs. Well it makes my future toons eaiser to lvl.

I remember that too lol. When i was in the 40's i became bored with grind so i helped alot of ppl with their fb19s. It was fun b:pleased...The one I went to the most is the untamed fb.
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so now we have to kill more bosses per day to get less exp per boss? is this correct? cause if it is.. i dont like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so now we have to kill more bosses per day to get less exp per boss? is this correct? cause if it is.. i dont like it.

The exp decreases with each BH...

7x -->

1st = 165k exp
    2nd = 120k exp
    3rd = 90exp
    Total = 375k exp

100+ BH -->

1st = Regular random item reward
    2nd = Choice of Exp, Spirit or Rep reward
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    Options
    thank you redrose.. i officially don't like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So, here's a question.

If I do one BH and turn it in but choose not to do the next. Will I the next day get the first again so I can get the full EXP gain?

Or do you have to do all 3 and cicle through them to get back to the start.

I think like the old way since I have not found it burdening playing with the old way. It is nice that PWI has given people alt ways to get exp.

I am over loaded with quests now but once I run out at 80 I am sure I'll take advantage of the 3 per day (when I can actually sit down that long).
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Stygean -> Brig -> Linus

240k -> 180k -> XXXk

9x's don't get Stygian (unless that also changed), and the experience appears to be 330k (1st), 240k (2nd), and 180k (3rd). The old 9x BH's were 300k, not 330k.

Basically we're getting 10% more experience for the first run. For two runs, you get 5% less total experience than before, but in return you can do it every day, guaranteed, instead of only some days. Overall you probably get more experience for doing 2 BH's a day than you did before.

The tradeoff is that you probably need more mats for wines or more logistical organization to keep the instance open. Is it better? Worse? Honestly, I think it's probably mostly the same in the end.
    Last night my guild ran our 7x BH's

Wait, what? When did Kamisama start accepting 7x's? b:surprised
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Wait, what? When did Kamisama start accepting 7x's? b:surprised

Oh no.....lmao!

The alt guild a few of us made. We have to keep our alts happy too and I make sure of it to the best of my ability b:cute

But juggling the two is kinda nuts right now because I am in love with Nirvana b:dirty but am still leveling my Tideborn b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Who wines 79 anymore? O_O
    60 / 250.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Who wines 79 anymore? O_O

lmao.....apparently some people do b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    Options
    lmao.....apparently some people do b:surrender

Will it be difficult to go through BH79 without wine? or time consuming?b:surrender
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wasnt bh originally suposed to be 1 time per day when it was 1st released? it glitched somewhere in coding and ended up being 2x a day and never got fixed. So instead of fixing it to 1x per day and pissing a ton of people off they make a legit way to get multiple bh per day without having to wait at reset to get 1 blah blah blah.

Be glad you are not getting 1 bh per day like was originally intended.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its just time consuming.... any solo veno can do it unwined with enough time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Will it be difficult to go through BH79 without wine? or time consuming?b:surrender

Not really tbh.....takes not much more time.

And generally a party of high 8x-99 can do it with ease.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It was directed towards the OP who saidddd:
    For us lvl 90+,

After spending 400k - 500k a day using wine for 69, you learn to be creative. And yes, it is slightly more time consuming, but it also gives you a good laugh and saves you money. :3
    60 / 250.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

It's not time consuming if everyone is competent. It helps having a good BM that AoE stuns the mobs so that everyone else can AoE them. BB is unnecessary during these AoEs.

I stopped doing wined BH79 when my high level BM friend invited me to his BH79 runs.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its just time consuming.... any solo veno can do it unwined with enough time.

oh stop this solo bull**** every time I turn around there's a lowbie amazed how many things a veno can solo. Yeah, a veno can do it, so what? Wanna spend 3h in there? Just wine it ,get it done, go help some lowbies with FBs and do more XP+rep while making them happy. What's the point of soloing fbs for BH?
    sheesh..

and to OP: learn2adapt!

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's not time consuming if everyone is competent. It helps having a good BM that AoE stuns the mobs so that everyone else can AoE them. BB is unnecessary during these AoEs.

I stopped doing wined BH79 when my high level BM friend invited me to his BH79 runs.

Lol....so true!

When I first ran one unwined all I did was throw the occasional heal, dd a little and run my slow cleric behind while they all ran ahead to get more mobs.

It can be VERY entertaining though I have to admit b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bryanshrimp - Lost City
    Bryanshrimp - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it makes no diffrence to me - on my 92 veno I usually have eden, brim, linus and bringand stacked... its hard to find a squad and the wine fees arnt worth it. But i agree dont complain. I was 85 before the bh came out to start with and then it was still a toufch slow- bh 69 last two- god i remember when we didnt know you could do it with one cleric, lol now with my own cleric i've been solo healing it for 6 lvls... times change either deal with it or ingore it like ppl did with the genies- theres no reason you have to do every bh your given option for.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    9x's don't get Stygian (unless that also changed), and the experience appears to be 330k (1st), 240k (2nd), and 180k (3rd). The old 9x BH's were 300k, not 330k.

Basically we're getting 10% more experience for the first run. For two runs, you get 5% less total experience than before, but in return you can do it every day, guaranteed, instead of only some days. Overall you probably get more experience for doing 2 BH's a day than you did before.

Yup 90+ can get Stygean now, and if you do all 3 BH's its 150k more xp per day than doing two with the old system.

Todays was in order Brig > Linus > Styg

We killed Brig, someone left to check NPC, we kept instance open and killed Linus.
    We slipped up in not thinking we could get Stygean(We all thought it be 89) so we left, but killed him in less than 10 mins unwined so no biggie
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yup 90+ can get Stygean now, and if you do all 3 BH's its 150k more xp per day than doing two with the old system.

We killed Brig, someone left to check NPC, we kept instance open and killed Linus.
    We slipped up in not thinking we could Stygean(We all thought it be 89) so we left, but killed him in less than 10 mins unwined so no biggie

^ That ^

This is why I do not know why people are complaining about wines b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    Options

We slipped up in not thinking we could Stygean(We all thought it be 89) so we left, but killed him in less than 10 mins unwined so no biggie

Holy **** I should try that thanks b:cute.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My cleric confused me. I got bh59 drake+gluttonix at once. Then after killing those 2 I got osfotis.

So I assumed my BM was the same. Had a old guar BH, and HH wasn't giving me any more so I said "damn, my old bh must be stopping me getting the new 2 at once thing". So I trashed it and got guar again. WTF, where's my 2 at once. So trashed again and no bh for me today.

So anyway...let me get this straight...we do one after the other 3 times? I'm assuming someone stays behind to keep the instance open and it can be done on one wine?
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well I can see why some people don't like the new system, however I think it is a step in the right direction. No, not because people can level so much faster now.

The one thing I have noticed this game lacking compared to other MMO's is the dungeon content, at least until you get to high levels. I know many people including myself would rather spend their time in a group of players working towards one goal (like raids for example in other MMO's), than solo grinding quests of kill x mobs, then talk a , b, back to a, and finally talk to c type of routines.

At low - mid levels the BH's are the closest thing you have to "dungeon crawling", so why not allow for more of it to be done per day? I'd still rather see different types of group missions added, but I must admit I like this idea in the meantime as an alternative to the long boring quest grind.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So anyway...let me get this straight...we do one after the other 3 times? I'm assuming someone stays behind to keep the instance open and it can be done on one wine?

/facepalm

Learn to Read...*sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wasnt bh originally suposed to be 1 time per day when it was 1st released? it glitched somewhere in coding and ended up being 2x a day and never got fixed. So instead of fixing it to 1x per day and pissing a ton of people off they make a legit way to get multiple bh per day without having to wait at reset to get 1 blah blah blah.

Be glad you are not getting 1 bh per day like was originally intended.

I wouldnt mind fixing it to 1 per day. I was only able to get 1 per day.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So I assumed my BM was the same. Had a old guar BH, and HH wasn't giving me any more so I said "damn, my old bh must be stopping me getting the new 2 at once thing". So I trashed it and got guar again. WTF, where's my 2 at once. So trashed again and no bh for me today.

You dont get two at once, they cant be stacked anymore.

You only get the 2nd after turning in the 1st, and the 3rd after turning in the 2nd