New BH System

Options

Comments

• Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it's easiest if you get a full squad of people who have the same exact chain. in the case of the linus chain, you clear the mobs up to the doors, if hooli's door is closed, you leave and reset, repeat until hooli's door is open. wine it, go kill linus, leave, get stygean bh, come back for him, leav, get brig, come back = DONE. 3 bh on 1 wine.

thats what i did on this last 2 days on my main.. and i think its a total loss of time.. 1h+ for 750k(on wine) .. and using tp to dungeon each time - imagine the time with everybody saving money and flying Arch / DW port each time....
    1h is what it took me last time i did the dungeon unwined.and killed all the mobs
    (you only need to clear first room and f9 to see for the doors)

ceshiari prefers Rb, for the xp/time ratio.. its completly understandable.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Even though we get more experience per day with BH, I dislike the new BH system. I don't mind the time or the wines, what I mind is our party options. It's all over the place and I personally feel that it makes finding a squad harder since some people have to leave part way during a BH chain. I'm typing this while sitting in center arch looking for a squad for my BH and instead I see people asking for BHs of around 10 different bosses. Sure I could ask for some help from friends or ask another party to do it for me while they do theirs, but some people are just lazy to do that.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Even though we get more experience per day with BH, I dislike the new BH system. I don't mind the time or the wines, what I mind is our party options. It's all over the place and I personally feel that it makes finding a squad harder since some people have to leave part way during a BH chain. I'm typing this while sitting in center arch looking for a squad for my BH and instead I see people asking for BHs of around 10 different bosses. Sure I could ask for some help from friends or ask another party to do it for me while they do theirs, but some people are just lazy to do that.

yea.. this exactly. 98.5 percent. 1 full chain will lvl me. yet i cant find a squad because im not willing to pay 3 times for bh79 wines, and people want to come in for stygean or brig and not linus first.

and just got bh on my lvl 57 noob.. yesterdays was great, farren, clacid, trioc. looks like todays is going backwards tho.. started with trioc, now it wants clacid.

ive already spent 4 hours and only got 1/3 bh's done on 1/4 characters. this is unacceptable. totally unacceptable.

yesterday everything went great, and i was in full support of the change. but seeing this aftermath and the poor planning that went into the new system, im a bit disgusted. im not having fun anymore. its like a chore.

that and the fact that theyre making it SO easy to lvl now.. you can get to 90 in like a month.. that's absurd. and all its gonna do is hurt the game.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's... a mat sink, I guess. The mats turn into wines and get removed from the game when you use them.

You're right that no coin is actually removed.

Edit: I stopped doing bounties once I hit 80. No way I'm gonna waste coin on levelling up. And no way I'm gonna do 69 without wine. I'll pick up my bounties on occasional runs, instead of daily.

It's not lik you have to do the bounty runs, ever.
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To me this just seems like a big waste of time because of running back and forth and squads are impatient enough without having that as an added burden. I personally don't care what you guys say about how we shouldn't wine things because we're being lazy, to me its not being lazy, its about being safe. A bad squad is not nearly so bad if you can wine it and get it over with quick, less people die and less experience loss. If they wanted to fix BH, why not give us all a quest once a day for 3 bosses and we can't collect the exp until we kill all 3. The current system is ridiculous, today my Psychic got Trioc, Calcid then Farren. There's no way you can get to Trioc without killing Calcid so you have to reset the instance then clear again, its a pain in the butt. BH used to be fairly relaxing, now its almost not worth the time. If they want to fix this new BH system they should have it to where you can turn in the BH at the pillars in the FB and grab the new one there. Thereby saving time, although even then you'd still have to reset when you get a chain like Trioc, Calcid and Farren. Slightly better, but honestly I think giving use 3 bosses in a lump is a better option, or go back to the old system. I'd rather have less exp and less hassle.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yea.. this exactly. 98.5 percent. 1 full chain will lvl me. yet i cant find a squad because im not willing to pay 3 times for bh79 wines, and people want to come in for stygean or brig and not linus first.

and just got bh on my lvl 57 noob.. yesterdays was great, farren, clacid, trioc. looks like todays is going backwards tho.. started with trioc, now it wants clacid.

ive already spent 4 hours and only got 1/3 bh's done on 1/4 characters. this is unacceptable. totally unacceptable.

yesterday everything went great, and i was in full support of the change. but seeing this aftermath and the poor planning that went into the new system, im a bit disgusted. im not having fun anymore. its like a chore.

that and the fact that theyre making it SO easy to lvl now.. you can get to 90 in like a month.. that's absurd. and all its gonna do is hurt the game.

instead of getting angry over other people, i did look to find other way to improv ethe way of doing it

Im not into a rush to level (my main was started last year at halloween time... so 13-14 mounth to 99, without counting my alts.. the highest being 79)

i did finish my tests regarding the 3 steps and here are the pics

http://ollien.free.fr/BD/2010-01-15%2012-49-53.bmp
    The psy is on its way to heroes tomb with yesterday Bh, and the one from day before on step 2

After having killed Quingzi, and talked to head hunter.

http://ollien.free.fr/BD/2010-01-15%2013-07-58.bmp

http://ollien.free.fr/BD/2010-01-15%2013-08-05.bmp
    http://ollien.free.fr/BD/2010-01-15%2013-08-08.bmp

If i do the 3 BH today i wont receive step 2 or 3 for neither(as i have already done them)

just have to wait till tomorow and do one run, kill 1 time quingzi, and have step 1 from today, step 2 from yesterday, and step 3 from the day before validated..and each will give me next step

It works likewise on higher BH

It will take 1 or 2 days with less XP, but in the end.. doing the BHs will take less time, less hair pulling squad findings, and less time to do the same amount of xp
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

• Forsaken_VII - Sanctuary
    Forsaken_VII - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    New BH = Fail

Old BH = Win

New BH is too tedious, and is quite frankly is going to intimidate people from doing them at higher levels. Wine cost, mat gathering for wine, running around, and so on, not fun anymore, and expensive in money, as well as time.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    instead of getting angry over other people, i did look to find other way to improv ethe way of doing it

Im not into a rush to level (my main was started last year at halloween time... so 13-14 mounth to 99, without counting my alts.. the highest being 79)

i did finish my tests regarding the 3 steps and here are the pics

http://ollien.free.fr/BD/2010-01-15%2012-49-53.bmp
    The psy is on its way to heroes tomb with yesterday Bh, and the one from day before on step 2

After having killed Quingzi, and talked to head hunter.

http://ollien.free.fr/BD/2010-01-15%2013-07-58.bmp

http://ollien.free.fr/BD/2010-01-15%2013-08-05.bmp
    http://ollien.free.fr/BD/2010-01-15%2013-08-08.bmp

If i do the 3 BH today i wont receive step 2 or 3 for neither(as i have already done them)

just have to wait till tomorow and do one run, kill 1 time quingzi, and have step 1 from today, step 2 from yesterday, and step 3 from the day before validated..and each will give me next step

It works likewise on higher BH

It will take 1 or 2 days with less XP, but in the end.. doing the BHs will take less time, less hair pulling squad findings, and less time to do the same amount of xp

wait wait wait.. so now you have 3 for.. which boss? quingzi.. in 29? thats... 1- it should not be possible. 2- its the same boss all 3 times, so its a bad example. and fb 29 is like a 5 min run. there is absolutely no reason to not do all 3 bh runs every day at lvl 40-49.

could you post some pics and explain in a more detailed way how this would apply to the higher lvl bh's where you get different bosses? and how exactly that would save time/money.

right now i have 2 lvl1 bh quests on my main, phlebo and linus. yesterday's linus run gave me linus, then styg, then brig. people who did phlebo have said its phlebo, then styg, then linus. the first day i had a phlebo and picked up a linus, did the linus chain, went and did phlebo, and it would not give me another lvl2. so lvl2 as far as we know at this point, is stygean, for both chains. so lets say i do just 1, phlebo. then i have a lvl2 for styg, and a lvl1 for linus. then tomorrow comes. if its offering linus again, am i gonna be able to pick it up? have 2 lvl1 linus quests?

now that is all asuming that the bh quest chains are actually fixed chains. this is what i thought at first, but after seein gthe change in my 57's bh starter (yesterday farren, today trioc) i am not so sure.
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On my alt char i got 2 x drake (1 x full exp), 1 x qianji (full exp), 1 x zimo today

Can't complain about it.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    second of all.. it's linus. and the 79 chain is linus, then stygean, then brig. not brig first.

You can get Brig first

First 79 chain after update Wednesday was Brig > Linus > Styg
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You can get Brig first

First 79 chain after update Wednesday was Brig > Linus > Styg

interesting. starting to seem more like things are random and less like a fixed chain.

this is really stupid. how in the hell did they manage to mess up bh so badly
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    interesting. starting to seem more like things are random and less like a fixed chain.

this is really stupid. how in the hell did they manage to mess up bh so badly

more like what was the point of messing it up so badly? it was fine the way it was before they changed the reset to 4minute window between midnight and 12:04 server time.

I just dont get how the people in charge of this game thinks? I guess thats the whole thing though, they dont have to explain themselves, and we just gotta suck it up.

cupcake? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    <- doesnt like the new system b:surrender

can't w8 to be lvl 80+ >.>
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    could you post some pics and explain in a more detailed way how this would apply to the higher lvl bh's where you get different bosses? and how exactly that would save time/money.

right now i have 2 lvl1 bh quests on my main, phlebo and linus. yesterday's linus run gave me linus, then styg, then brig. people who did phlebo have said its phlebo, then styg, then linus. the first day i had a phlebo and picked up a linus, did the linus chain, went and did phlebo, and it would not give me another lvl2. so lvl2 as far as we know at this point, is stygean, for both chains. so lets say i do just 1, phlebo. then i have a lvl2 for styg, and a lvl1 for linus. then tomorrow comes. if its offering linus again, am i gonna be able to pick it up? have 2 lvl1 linus quests?

now that is all asuming that the bh quest chains are actually fixed chains. this is what i thought at first, but after seein gthe change in my 57's bh starter (yesterday farren, today trioc) i am not so sure.

I did pick my psy as an exemple, to show you can have all 3 steps, each from a different chain on a same character ( was easier since i level it when i think of it.... ) - you ll have pics from the clerci or the veno later in the week end. for the point 1= you mentioned.. see the time stamps on the pics.. you ll see there is no fake.

YOU CANT do 2 step 2 in the same day, and you must NOT activate step 2 on the day you get the BH.

you did pick phlebo this morning, like i did.
    - yesterday i did get minus as first boss, and only did it this morning before taking phlebo.
    - so now i do have a phlebo @step 1, and sty @step 2 in my quest inventory

Tommorow morning (for me) i will get my squad to do phleb and sty (none needs wine) and take tomorrow BH afterwards

So I ll have tomorrow step1 + today step 2(Sty) + yesterday step 3(Minus)

I will wait till the day after to do them, 1 straight run ( if tomorrow step 1 is in fb 79.. with wine .. run will take 20 min- if not 1 run in 89 and 1 in 79)

i loose some xp compared to you, sure, i wont deny it( Day0 i dont do BH, day 1 i loose step 2 + step 3 xp, day 2 i loose step 3 exp), but i dont take 2h + to make the 3 BH and dont come after each step to see Head hunter

after the run is done , i go back to Head hunter, each step progress+1 and i get new step 1.

In the long run i will make more XP , cause i can do other things while you look for a squad to do whatever boss you need.

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A theory on how to avoid having a useless bounty order:
    -You have 2 BH quests
    -A is at 3rd stage and the other (B) is at 1st
    -Don't turn in the A, until you get the 2nd quest for B
    -Only problem is how to tell which is which, they all have the same name
    --Top BH is usually the low exp one(3rd stage), so turn the other ones in and take new quest before clicking on the top one.

Anyone want to confirm it?
  • AyameOni - Sanctuary
    AyameOni - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In addition to that, 5/6 of the squads I was in were horrible. I had every type of horrible in one day. Barbs with huge egos, fail venos, incompetent clerics, bad DDs, and not to mention idiots in every shape and form. Basically, I couldn't go through another day like that. Granted, there was some good coming from the squads, but the bad outweighed the good by far.

It could have been the fact that I have horrible luck. I mean, what sort of person gets 3 bad DDs in one squad and get 2 incompetent clerics in the next, while playing as the only barb in both squads? Yeah, bad experiences are bad. I have had (really) bad before, but never that much bad in one day.

-Ling

Perhaps this BH update is the devs' attempt to improve the community in the servers.
  • AyameOni - Sanctuary
    AyameOni - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Yes this has been mentioned a few times. I think they should implement a party search, especially after the new update.
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i keep seeing ppl say that 1 person has to stay back to keep the wine. if u keep party and all run out or tele out the instance wont reset. so couldnt everyone go back out at the same time to get the second and third bh's? or am i missing something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i keep seeing ppl say that 1 person has to stay back to keep the wine. if u keep party and all run out or tele out the instance wont reset. so couldnt everyone go back out at the same time to get the second and third bh's? or am i missing something.
    As long as you don't disband, you have 1 hour with no one inside the fb before it resets.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lets take a moment and forget about 9x BH

100 BH is absolutely r3tarded.

Instead of the usual, 50 mirages/chips/socketstones, 2 mil or exp..

We get Ultimate substances and Eye of observation as one of the rewards. It seems pretty common too.

Also BH's such as wave 3 in Rebirth... LOL

T.T wtf
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Also BH's such as wave 3 in Rebirth... LOL

T.T wtf

^ omg, inorite...WTF is this!!!!

Wave 2 was ok, you can form gimp squads...but Wave 3 boss? Gtfo!! You have to form a "normal" GV party for that one.....And Wave 3 is worse the Wave 9 imo...

Zzzzzzz....O.o you got Ulti subs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    As long as you don't disband, you have 1 hour with no one inside the fb before it resets.

ty for confirming that for me, i was pretty sure that i was right.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Poll says it; as of right now, majority wants the old system. Hop to it, GM's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In all honesty though, once you get it all down, the lower level BH's are easy!!

The higher levels are just time consuming but really not all that different...except for GV Wave 3 (fml).

Overall though, this new system is better for lose at lower levels and even for the 9x.

Oh, and if you are smart, you will only wine 1 instance IF that is even needed, for all your BH's b:cuteb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I never used wines before and will not use them ever.

For those who use it - your quest instead of bounty hunter can be named bounty party ...

that be because you be level 63.
    b:surrender
    there be no bhs that need wine (because it would be a waste of mats)
    until bh69.

and strangely enough 79 doesn't have to be wined either.
    (69 is the one that sucks.)
    ._.'
    as for future BHs me don't know since me hasn't reached it yet.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For BH100:
    So now we have primary BH's and secondary BH's

Last night I picked up 2 primary BH's.

At 12:00 picked up Delta Stage 2. At 12:05 picked up 3-3 Emperer. Turned in delta stage 2 and got a secondary BH - Warsong shadow lich boss. Did 3-3 Emperer and couldnt trade in the badge for another secondary BH.

This is 3 BH100's a day (only 2 of which are the primary profitable ones).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:surrender IF I do Crazy Stone = 0.1%....that is all....the BH 100 rewards are items unless you get the Orb of Cultivation which gives you 400k exp but rare.

The new system, for the 2nd BH, gives you a choice of Exp, Spirit or Rep. IMP most will take the spirit for skills or the rep if they are going for rank 6. b:surrender

I have increased a little since marriage quest and doing Nirvana, but after being 101 for two months I am still only at 18%.....and that is about 48mill exp b:surrender

Question: Why would you want to level beyond 101?
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    2 letters.... F C.

BH is expensive as hell tbh and takes long for 8x and 9x. its better to just do FC all day long. 700k+(really maybe 800k if i get close lvl range). as a BM i spend maybe 50k on potions and thats good enough for 2 runs. so 1.4mil xp as opposed to 150k for 69 and 79 wines(rambo style ftl i'm not lvl 99). PPl just dont know how OP FC really is
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Question: Why would you want to level beyond 101?

I'm not trying. Just happens when you do FB's for people, HH runs, Nirvana, BH's (for the rewards not the exp).....

And I was responding to this....
    I don't do that either lol my in-game wife managed to break both her laptops and her computer so i haven't been able to but saying that i like the struggle to gain a level where i have to do FF or grind or whatever i do to level as i dont do RB or oracles as it makes it more of an achievement when i do get their, with all these new dailies people who have reached the top level range like yourself increase quickly and that isn't a good thing as i hold those who have reached level 90+ or above with respect and those that reached 100+ id gladly give my time for anytime anywhere as you all deserve it, now that will all change. (Excluding oracle idiots of course).

And he responded this....
    Sorry what i mean is people will reach the top level range more quickly now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ugh.. my psychic is leveling too fast if i do BH daily now. 3 levels since the new version and haven't yet touched a single quest other than bh.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.