Comments

• Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I don't like the packs.......just my vote
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Have you any idea how much those gems would be worth without this sale? Or are you forgetting that Anniversary Pack made gold expensive thus price for stuff like charms and GA are what's really gone up? Have you any clue on how expensive say, a Warsong belt, should be based on the difficulty of getting one from in-game means? here's a quote from someone who actually has an idea:

sure, they would be a lot more, but did they get it in game? nope... and right clicking an item is not very hard... so...
    Call me San.
  • Silverhawk - Dreamweaver
    Silverhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    things perfect world would do pretty soon in my opinion :

- Make the packs compulsory on demand "permanent" addition since more packs -> more money for the company and that way every QQer can shuddup and dont forget, that keeps the gold prices sky high b:victory

- Introduce tt99 green and gold mats in cash shop coz of "popular request" or through other similar events, Christmas packs anyone ? b:chuckle

- Introduce events that give players Warsouls ?!? Summer Packs xD Like I remember someone have a mocking pic of this somewhere on the forum lol b:surrender

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if they did all or any of the above in a few months from now, following the new expansion b:shocked
  • Myerling - Sanctuary
    Myerling - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    sure, they would be a lot more, but did they get it in game? nope... and right clicking an item is not very hard... so...

that's why their values are a lot less than they would be if the packs did not exist. what is your point?

you're missing the point that it IS, it IS the Anniversary Packs' fault that everything is so expensive. demand for packs drove gold up and that's why everything from charms to resets to feather/force has gotten a lot more expensive. you used to be able to get a charm for 400k, a leg pet for 20m, a GA for 50k, now tell me, what the **** happened to that? is it because people are charging 20m for grade 11 gems? is it really? why am i explaining something so simple?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I mean things like cash shop imbalance and poor economy are the major downside to F2P mmo's. What set pwi aside from any other mmo a few months ago was, besides beautiful graphics and amazing gameplay, it had a balanced and stable economy that was accessible to all kinds of players and nearly everyone was happy.
    Yeah, I agree. It amazed me that PWI had $1=100k coins. That meant you could play the game and be able to earn in-game more than what an average P2P would charge per month.

I look at all the various internet marketing models that are out there and the ones that ultimately succeed are the ones that somehow manage to quietly generate steady income without constantly shoving adds, promotions, "premium content", etc... down your throat. PWI looked to me like it had figured it out. But like you say, it's just like all the others now.

To be fair, though, perhaps PWI was losing money and only now is generating a profit. If so, then it wouldn't be fair to blame PWI for not being able to sustain and unsustainable business model.
    It's not Anniversary Pack's fault that everything is so expensive now... People could sell pack's items for cheap, but nooo, they rather sell Gems for 25mil, Scroll of Tome for 160mil, Heavenrage Boots for 50mil...
    Thank you Captain Obvious! You are correct. If I have a Gem, and Player A says, "I'll pay 5mil" and Player B says, "I'll pay 25mil", I would indeed rather sell it to Player B.

So I guess that means it's the fault of basic common sense that everything is so expensive now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I was just saying what I think, I didn't say I'm a god and what I say is law, but you guys seem to be angry even.

I don't like the packs. And I'm not posting here anymore until you people release the shotguns.
    Call me San.
    edited October 2009
    is it because people are charging 20m for grade 11 gems? is it really? why am i explaining something so simple?
    People are greedy and self-absorbed. As far as many are concerned, every price is too high, no matter how low it is.

When I bought my Scroll of Tome, I ended being the highest bidder at 65mill. I was able to get it that cheap because everybody else apparently felt 65mill was a rip-off high price.

But all I did was look and see that a Tome that would have cost over 1Billion coins (and that was assuming Gold = 110k!) if PWI had ever decided to enable being able to make them, was having trouble attracting bids of 50mill.

So yeah, I have little sympathy for people who complain about how high prices are on items that have multi-billion coin price tags under normal conditions. The Anniversary Packs have unbalanced the economy by making insanely powerful items dirt-cheap. Anybody who thinks the problem is that they haven't made them even cheaper is just being self-centered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death_sama - Sanctuary
    Death_sama - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    honestly i think it has already done enough damage to the economy last event...it needs a break b:surrender

i know im not forced to buy the anni packs, and i wont...
    but it affects almost the price of everything else and ...ughb:angry

bad idea to get the packs back ppl becomes greedy and its not that cool cuz everyone now can be full set whr the enjoyment whn u work hard to be good now ev1 is awesome even lvl 5 thats all maybe u hav something better we dnt know ^^
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    These is the same argument that most coin sellers make... gold is too high, I am not getting as much gold for my coins as I used to, it should be at 100k, so I cam maximize my profits.

Those darn gold sellers are a greedy bunch that want more coins for their gold..... We poor coin sellers just want more gold for our coins... we poor things, life is unfair....

spreading filth i see.. now your just instigating.

Coin sellers and Gold sellers are both victims of causality.
    It is the people running this game that need to be the main focus of any argument.

If it wasnt for these packs.. there wouldnt be an effect on the players.
    If there wasnt a coin chest+hammer.. there wouldnt be an effect on the players.
    Fighting between coins sellers and gold sellers is just plain ****.
    Between these two groups of people, everything worked out great before we had the people at PW step in and change things.
    Focus your dam arguments where it counts. IF you want GREED look no further than the people giving you these horrible events.
    Fight the power god dammit! Your acting like a bunch of slaves fighting each other, instead of grouping together to fight the slave master. I'm gonna get banned for this i bet.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited October 2009
    Coin sellers and Gold sellers are both victims of causality.
    It is the people running this game that need to be the main focus of any argument.
    Isn't that position a bit untenable, though?

I mean, I can't really in all honesty argue, "We're all victims here!" when I've been raking in gigantic piles of coin during the event without spending a penny.

There are legitimate reasons to be upset with the packs, but there are also people whose reasons are nonsense, such as the exact type IceJazmin was talking about.

What you're proposing is that the whole debate be nothing but a giant mob of "Us vs. Them", while treating those who have rational arguments against the packs equally as those who are just irrational, greedy haters. I'm sorry, but I'm just not going to agree with you on that approach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • myforumaccountwoot
    myforumaccountwoot Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anni packs are awesome.. Sitting on top of 700; yeah, spent 700 USD however once the anni pack event ends I'm selling them all for 800k+

560m

then I'm going to buy gold for 300k ish once it calms back down

i'll have doubled the amount of gold

WIN

and before you rage and QQ; I'm paying for your free game
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    To everyone saying the GMs are not reading this I'd like to differ. Spoons has attempted to tell ppl they are reading this thread countless times already and while I know it might be a pain going back through 116 pages now if i'm not mistaken I'll simply help spoons out here and quote what was said on page 109. I'd like to believe what we're saying here is going to have some bearing on the decisions made however if we turn this thread into nothing but chaos and bickering at each other that's when they're not going to listen.
    This is the last post I'm going to make here in a while, because as much as people are requesting that I respond, it always ends up with no progress being made and people attacking what I say.

The reason this thread is still open is simple. Even if every one of the 1,081 posts in this thread were made by a different player (which they were not), this still does not represent the majority of the player base.

If I close it now, I am preventing the rest of the community who has not expressed their opinion here yet from doing so.

If I leave it open, yeah I'm going to get yelled at, but I'm giving people a chance to share their own opinions without saying "oops you don't use the forum regularly, you missed your opportunity to comment, bye."

I'm sorry that so many players are angered by this sale, however as I do not make the decisions I am not going to give you answers about things that I can't promise. It would be much more productive if you left your concerns in a civil manner without killing the messenger, because that actually runs counter to your own intentions.

I have a feelin they're tryin the best they can guys and even though i'm heavily against the packs myself I'd like to go out on a limb and support the gms and mods. Anybody trying to lead things for awhile can get overwhelmed when it begins to seem as if they are 1 leading many, especially if they begin to argue amongst themselves. I'm sure any faction leader experiences this over time as a faction begins to grow and can agree with this.
    The mods here are trying to answer us the best they can with what information they get and I respect that, and respect them for stickin around giving us any information they can as soon as they can.
  • damnation
    damnation Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well i just joined the game a month ago, and apparently this is the reason i cant afford anything "cool"
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    damnation wrote: »
    well i just joined the game a month ago, and apparently this is the reason i cant afford anything "cool"

If you only joined a month ago, you would not had been able to afford anything anyways, even before this event, specialy if you looking at not using any real money.

Usualy it takes people a few months before they were able to save enough to get the "optional stuff", if only using coins when they first get started.

Also, it takes that long to learn the market, where the real ability to make coin is.

If you use the cash shop, than you can make coin much sooner, even though it will take a few months to learn the market to maximize your coin making. It will also enable you to buy all the "optional stuff" from the cash shop with gold directly, instead of having to save coins to buy the stuff from other players.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If you only joined a month ago, you would not had been able to afford anything anyways, even before this event, specialy if you looking at not using any real money.

Usualy it takes people a few months before they were able to save enough to get the "optional stuff", if only using coins when they first get started.

Also, it takes that long to learn the market, where the real ability to make coin is.

If you use the cash shop, than you can make coin much sooner, even though it will take a few months to learn the market to maximize your coin making. It will also enable you to buy all the "optional stuff" from the cash shop with gold directly, instead of having to save coins to buy the stuff from other players.

Please never develop a game, ever. Especially if this is your idea of fun and enjoyable.
    When I first joined pw, I could afford alot of nice stuff within a month. A panther, mebbe a few nice cs items, good equips, my first charm. That's what set pw aside from any other mmo and made me move here permanently from my old mmo.
    Now pwi is just like any other average p2w mmo and because it's "usual" it's all good and everything's great?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Please never develop a game, ever. Especially if this is your idea of fun and enjoyable.
    When I first joined pw, I could afford alot of nice stuff within a month. A panther, mebbe a few nice cs items, good equips, my first charm. That's what set pw aside from any other mmo and made me move here permanently from my old mmo.
    Now pwi is just like any other average p2w mmo and because it's "usual" it's all good and everything's great?

Well, when I started took me 2-3 months to save enough to get a panther. I had nice gear, as far as I remember, but I did not have enough coins for the optional stuff. Although, I only played a couple of hours a day, which may be why it took me so long. I started when last year's Holloween event has going on.

I don't recall saying it was great or fun to have to grind for a few months to afford the optional stuff, just stating the facts, based on my experience. I played lots of MMOs before this one, and the ones where making in-game coin was easy and fast, did not allow CS items to be sold in-game, so it was a non-issue. This is the first game I played that allows for ALL CS items to be sold in-game.

A panther, at least on my server, sells for around 1mil, which is not that much more than it used to be when I got mine. Using AH prices atm, I am sure with a little patience you can get one for less than 1mil. Using CS the panther is 7 gold 50 silver.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    it all depends on how much you played everyday, 1 month or 2 months doesn't say much. my veno made 1m by 4x just grinding (completely independent of my archer), so i could afford a panther then, and whether that took me 1 month or 2 months would depend on how much i played on my veno right? so going by his point, i could buy a mount by say 4x or maybe earlier, if only one of the cheaper mounts. i dont know how much those things go for now with the current gold prices...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • damnation
    damnation Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well im unemployed atm (so i play alot) and i farm mats when i run outa quests ..usually makin around 100k an hour plus or minus depending on how my luck is... i have a good chunk of change but no way am i gona spend all i have for 1 simple gold coin, yeah im sure if u buy gold ur loving this ur exchange rate what went up x4?

stop the hating.

edit: but im really glad that ur dollar goes further.
    and i dont expect any free mmo's that involve real currency to be any different, so im still playing.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anni packs are awesome.. Sitting on top of 700; yeah, spent 700 USD however once the anni pack event ends I'm selling them all for 800k+

560m

then I'm going to buy gold for 300k ish once it calms back down

i'll have doubled the amount of gold

WIN

and before you rage and QQ; I'm paying for your free game

I have only one thing to say to this...
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Fuzzballs - Heavens Tear
    Fuzzballs - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I personally don't really have a problem with the fact end game items and boutique stuff can be acquired by spending $1 on an anniversary pack. The anni pack is a random drop generator which might give you something ok-ish (15 luck tokens) or something great (Lunar necklace of dirtnap prevention etc). The ok-ish one seems to happen much more often then the great one as the randomizer favours the low end. Knowing this I spend about 106 gold by charging zen (thats 106 packs) plus 40 mil grinded coin (which was about oh 80 more packs?). when I started opening them I quickly lost interest after 5 mins of right clicking on this pink envelope until Duke shouted something including my name and some stone of the savant. Some further right clicking action ensued and in the end i ended up with some platinum charms and tokens of best luck, and uhm a lot of regular luck tokens. I sold all the good stuff for about 45 mil in total (not really profitable) most of that I spent on skills and TT mats from the auction house. I had about 12 mil left so I got some more packs that only yielded the regular luck tokens.
    Then I did the right thing and exchanged all those tokens in for teleacoustics. I ended up with 2570 of them. I think I spammed away about 600 of them, gave about 100 away and sold 300 of them because iw as broke lol.

I do think the ingame economy is quite an accurate reflection of the current day real life economy where some players are struggling to survive (even venos) and some kind of intervention might be necessary to stem the inflation rate.... 1+mil coin for 1 gold charm is rediculous.

Perhaps introducing a more steady exchange rate might be more useful:

Example:

Month 1:
    - let's say 1 gold = 100,000 coins so the rate is 1:100,000
    - gold traders are allowed to go under or over this up to 10%, so in the worst case gold traders have to sell their gold for 90k each if they want to beat the competition

Month 2:
    - in order to set this month's exchange rate we are going to look at the following:
    - the average lowest amount sold in month 1 (this is the average of all the gold sold below the exhange rate of 100k in the example above)
    - last month's exchange rate
    - the highest average amount sold in month 1 (this is the average of all the gold sold above the exchange rate of 100k in the example above)

So let's say in this example the lowest average is $ 97k and the highest average is $ 108k which will make the next amount the new exchange rate:

- 97 k + 100 k + 108 K / 3 = about 102k

We then use this 102k to set this months upper and lower limits. rinse and repeat.

The above is a complete hypothetical example and I don't think it (or any other idea) will be implemented due to the game's system limitations. Most of the gold problems will go away once this event is over. But there's always halloween, thanksgiving, christmas and new years so who knows.
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I personally don't really have a problem with the fact end game items and boutique stuff can be acquired by spending $1 on an anniversary pack. The anni pack is a random drop generator which might give you something ok-ish (15 luck tokens) or something great (Lunar necklace of dirtnap prevention etc). The ok-ish one seems to happen much more often then the great one as the randomizer favours the low end. Knowing this I spend about 106 gold by charging zen (thats 106 packs) plus 40 mil grinded coin (which was about oh 80 more packs?). when I started opening them I quickly lost interest after 5 mins of right clicking on this pink envelope until Duke shouted something including my name and some stone of the savant. Some further right clicking action ensued and in the end i ended up with some platinum charms and tokens of best luck, and uhm a lot of regular luck tokens. I sold all the good stuff for about 45 mil in total (not really profitable) most of that I spent on skills and TT mats from the auction house. I had about 12 mil left so I got some more packs that only yielded the regular luck tokens.
    Then I did the right thing and exchanged all those tokens in for teleacoustics. I ended up with 2570 of them. I think I spammed away about 600 of them, gave about 100 away and sold 300 of them because iw as broke lol.

I do think the ingame economy is quite an accurate reflection of the current day real life economy where some players are struggling to survive (even venos) and some kind of intervention might be necessary to stem the inflation rate.... 1+mil coin for 1 gold charm is rediculous.

Perhaps introducing a more steady exchange rate might be more useful:

Example:

Month 1:
    - let's say 1 gold = 100,000 coins so the rate is 1:100,000
    - gold traders are allowed to go under or over this up to 10%, so in the worst case gold traders have to sell their gold for 90k each if they want to beat the competition

Month 2:
    - in order to set this month's exchange rate we are going to look at the following:
    - the average lowest amount sold in month 1 (this is the average of all the gold sold below the exhange rate of 100k in the example above)
    - last month's exchange rate
    - the highest average amount sold in month 1 (this is the average of all the gold sold above the exchange rate of 100k in the example above)

So let's say in this example the lowest average is $ 97k and the highest average is $ 108k which will make the next amount the new exchange rate:

- 97 k + 100 k + 108 K / 3 = about 102k

We then use this 102k to set this months upper and lower limits. rinse and repeat.

The above is a complete hypothetical example and I don't think it (or any other idea) will be implemented due to the game's system limitations. Most of the gold problems will go away once this event is over. But there's always halloween, thanksgiving, christmas and new years so who knows.

Not a bad idea at all but I agree that'd it'd be hard to implement. Maybe more of a weekly average, so as to give the players some warning that hey its goin up instead of loggin on one day w/ gold at 250-300k then next its 600k and yet still give the people selling gold a decent timeframe so gold will stay on the auction house. Sounds like a decent system; maybe if that could not be introduced possibly an npc that would convert coins to silver based on the auction house average. I'm not sayin it would work but it might be somethin to help bring the economy back.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    When is the Anni Pack Event going to end? b:surrender b:question b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I am not flaming, but trying to explain how I feel this sale devalued both my money and time investments in this game, and how frustrating it is to play a game where nothing has value. It may still be a game, but many people play this type of mmorpg to get a sense of accomplishment.

For starters, this game has taught me there is no point to work hard to acquire items. First, certain mounts were limited and were not going to be released in cash shop...so I busted my behind to save up the small fortune it took to get a 9tails and a goldmane, and worked hard on referrals to get a black raptor. My mounts had value, and if I needed money, I could have sold them, but they were also something that reflected my hard work, and I enjoyed that they were rare items I had EARNED. Then rare mounts were released in cash shop, and 2 of my 3 mounts now have only a fraction of their previous value.

And anni packs came out. I spent a small fortune in real world cash and a ton of in-game cash to get my end-game gear and my skill books. I would have to say, as luck goes, I had terrible luck. I opened 3x as many packs as many other people I knew to get way fewer items than they did. But, no big, I managed to trade and buy most of what I wanted, and it was gear I knew would keep me for a long, long time, and that was excellent for my build. It also kept me competitive with other people of the same level that were doing the same thing. I cringed at the economy, and knowing gold never TRULY goes back down in a mmorpg, I was just hoping that it would drop enough so that I might be able to get the dragon orbs I need now in-game... At the end of the first event, I still desperately needed a Scroll of Tome, so I busted out everything I had, nearly 170m, to get the LAST piece of equip to finish off my set.

And what happens? Not even 2 weeks later, packs are back, and I know someone that opened 100 packs and got over 40m in best luck tokens, plus a few items, and who then made a deal to get his lunar boots, lunar ring, lunar cape, lunar weapon AND Scroll of tome for the same 170m I spent on just the scroll because I couldn't find one during the event, and they were *theoretically* no longer available. So again, the things I worked hard for were devalued, and now there are twice as many in the game, so having them really isn't anything special.

AND on top of it? Gold is so high that it is impossible to earn the money in-game for dragon orbs. Even as a veno, if I solo TT, the best mats I can get are 2 mil, and don't drop often. If that bought me 10 gold, it's well worth my time, and it would take a while, but I COULD get my orbs. When it doesn't even buy me 4 gold?? Why bother? My time has to be worth something, or it's no fun to play.

What is the end result? I have not rage quit, but I haven't logged in since the last update. There is no point in my trying to earn in-game items. I cannot grind enough gold to get ANYTHING at these gold prices. The price of the charm and my repair bill eats up anything I might make from grinding. And TT mat drops have been really crappy for me for a while (I've been wondering if they got nerfed), so running TT to make money is pointless. And when a veno can't make good money in this game, that says a lot!

And I'm not flaming, I'm just explaining that I worked hard for items, only to have them devalued. And I was a good girl, I cash shopped like mad for the anni packs and other items I needed, but when I can't get ANY of the items I need in-game because gold is so over-inflated, and when the even the items I've cash shopped for are devalued, there is no point in playing. I'm all for supporting the game through cash shop, but when the game comes to a point that the ONLY way to function in game is through cash shop, and yet neither your time or money are really worth anything...why play??

Without this re-introduction of the event, even with gold at 300K, I had planned to spend a great deal of time in-game farming to get my orbs. And I have not missed a single daily in MONTHS. But when gold was 500-600K in minutes after the event started again, I gave up. I haven't even logged in, let alone done dailies since. And I will log in to do TWs for my faction, but otherwise, I don't see myself playing because I can't ACCOMPLISH anything of value, with time or money.

On a suggestive note, in other games, when the economy gets out of control, the gms will sell enough gold to bring down prices, so while the game may take a temporary loss from the gold the gm's put into the game, in the long run they make more money because players like me would still play and be able to enjoy the game.
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You say a lot of stuff that everyone is experiancing.

As a cash shopper (on occasion) I made it a point to not buy any Anniversary packs because although you can get end game items it made more since to me to work for them and save the millions and millions it would take to purchase the packs for them or the coin to get them.

Everyone complains that the gear is end game and better than anything out there... But the nice thing is even if everyone has that "endgame" gear and you spend the time to get items that may not be quite as good but are comparable you can still compete with them if you know your class (aka not an oracle noob).

People really seem to like to complain about optional events. And believe it or not.. the gold will go back down.

People that have half a brain will make the most of their investment by buying gold... selling it for a high price now and buying it back when it is low. Personally I would like to thank the Gms for this event it made my 50g into 58g by buying and selling just during the event. and Before this is all over I will have 34m which i will then buy back for around 320k and magically turn my initial 50g into over 100g.

The people complaining seem to think that having the best gear is nessesary to compete when in reality using brain power can get you a lot farther.

Yet again people fail to realize that events are OPTIONAL if you don't like them don't participate and wait til they are over.

Thanks for the event Gms.. But end it soon so I can cash in on my investment :P

PS: I love the ideas about Gms injecting gold into the game to force them down or limiting the price range of buying/selling and agree that it would bring back a few players that quit and would make it much more managable for people who don't CS.. However realize that at this point helping people who dont CS will also help smart people that do CS.
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    forks89 wrote: »

Yet again people fail to realize that events are OPTIONAL if you don't like them don't participate and wait til they are over.

Thanks for the event Gms.. But end it soon so I can cash in on my investment :P

optional, but how are you even going to hold a candle against those who have all those gears. How are you ever going to TW / PK again? Sure you can still get into a TW / PK, but what fun would it be if you start on a lower starting point than someone whos ur level but with all those lunar glade gears?

PWI has become a game that once you have cash, you win. There is no enjoyment from a non-paying customer at all, one has to merchant all day long in order to keep up with inflation.

This is especially true for the new comers, they do not have the capital like us to play with the market, they have to spend money to buy the things they like. Farming is out of the question as you have to farm 5x more now than before to get the same item of a certain gold value.

This takes the fun factor out of the game. What makes a game a game without enjoyment? There is no work for reward system anymore like alyona has said...
  • forks89
    edited October 2009
    Its not too hard to hold a candle to them (sides for people who went way over the top to get rank 8) All you really need to do is get your own gear.. Last time i checked getting mystical chips is still easy to do from the cube, drop rates on molds and TT gear is the same for instance:

Warsong Barrier: Void
    286 Pdef
    10 Vit
    150 HP
    1% Crit
    1 Def Level

Belt of Earth (TT80)
    238 Pdef
    81 Pdef
    3 MP Recovery
    4-5 Strength

Yes I know that the Warsong is obviously better (Crit and HP is pretty valuable not to mention def lvl) but to say that even just the TT80 cannot compete with it is just plain foolish. The bottom line is that everything that the event made a click away can be kept up with if players spent half their time working for the items as they do QQing on the forums.

If you want something and don't have a credit card you can still work for it in game, granted it will take longer than clicking on boxes but it sure as hell will save your cash and still allow you to compete with the excessive CS players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    forks89 wrote: »
    If you want something and don't have a credit card you can still work for it in game, granted it will take longer than clicking on boxes but it sure as hell will save your cash and still allow you to compete with the excessive CS players.

Good luck with some of those Lunar Glade Rings.

You cant hold a candle to:

+50% Accuracy
    +3% Critical
    +200 Magic Defense.

The HH90 ring doesn't even come close.

The Rank 8 Equipment too.

+4% Critical
    -6% Channelling

There is no ring that will give anything close to that.

Sure, it will take longer, but 200,000 Reputation at 3 Reputation a One Man Army is approximately 67,000 one man army's. Assuming you can kill 60 monsters every 10 minutes, it will take you 462 days straight uninterrupted killing. Or, 11,111 hours of constant grinding.

To be honest, I wouldn't despise these Anniversary packs if they made achieving some of these milestones easier.
  • zeallia
    zeallia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hi I don't know if this question have been asked before, but I'm wondering how do you get the Brilliant Plume? I'm knida new to the game so please help me out a little. Thanks.
  • forks89
    edited October 2009
    Good luck with some of those Lunar Glade Rings.

You cant hold a candle to:

+50% Accuracy
    +3% Critical
    +200 Magic Defense.

The HH90 ring doesn't even come close.

The Rank 8 Equipment too.

+4% Critical
    -6% Channelling

There is no ring that will give anything close to that.

Sure, it will take longer, but 200,000 Reputation at 3 Reputation a One Man Army is approximately 67,000 one man army's. Assuming you can kill 60 monsters every 10 minutes, it will take you 462 days straight uninterrupted killing. Or, 11,111 hours of constant grinding.

To be honest, I wouldn't despise these Anniversary packs if they made achieving some of these milestones easier.

Before there was Lunar Glade rings there was:

Ring of Mastodon's Strength:
    88 P.attack
    Vitality +4~5
    Critical Hit Rate +2%
    Accuracy +30%

I saw it on many many barbs, bms and archers wayyyy before the anni packs..

Know your info before you say that there is nothing that can compare.

PS Ring of Mastodon's is a TT90 Gold, so you can even wear it before the lunar glades lvl 95 requirement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    zeallia wrote: »
    Hi I don't know if this question have been asked before, but I'm wondering how do you get the Brilliant Plume? I'm knida new to the game so please help me out a little. Thanks.

To answer your question you have a chance of acquiring the brilliant plume from anniversary packs (I forget the item name you get from them that you turn in for the brilliant plumes) or Jolly Jones has just began the halloween event (you'll find him at the character starting areas) where, in addition to a free temporary costume and blessing you can either pay 100k coins or a guardian scroll for a box which may also contain the plumes. As of yet they have not been released to the cash shop.
This discussion has been closed.