Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Perhaps introducing a more steady exchange rate might be more useful:

Example:

Month 1:
    - let's say 1 gold = 100,000 coins so the rate is 1:100,000
    - gold traders are allowed to go under or over this up to 10%, so in the worst case gold traders have to sell their gold for 90k each if they want to beat the competition

Month 2:
    - in order to set this month's exchange rate we are going to look at the following:
    - the average lowest amount sold in month 1 (this is the average of all the gold sold below the exhange rate of 100k in the example above)
    - last month's exchange rate
    - the highest average amount sold in month 1 (this is the average of all the gold sold above the exchange rate of 100k in the example above)

So let's say in this example the lowest average is $ 97k and the highest average is $ 108k which will make the next amount the new exchange rate:

- 97 k + 100 k + 108 K / 3 = about 102k

We then use this 102k to set this months upper and lower limits. rinse and repeat.

The above is a complete hypothetical example and I don't think it (or any other idea) will be implemented due to the game's system limitations. Most of the gold problems will go away once this event is over. But there's always halloween, thanksgiving, christmas and new years so who knows.

The biggest problem I could see with this being implemented is how if the AH said "Okay, you can't sell above 110k now", gold sellers would just...stop using the AH. WC would be spammed with "Selling gold 200k, PM me the item you want", and the AH would be empty of gold since they could sell it for so much higher over WC. b:surrender

As much as people might say caps and such will fix the economy (the "it's a game, you can control it, it's not like the real economy" argument), players will always find a way around it to make themselves more money. Instead of a "game fix", where they just control the prices because they think they can, there needs to be an actual economically sound fix implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Poisa - Lost City
    Poisa - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    forks89 Its not too hard to hold a candle to them (sides for people who went way over the top to get rank 8) All you really need to do is get your own gear.. Last time i checked getting mystical chips is still easy to do from the cube, drop rates on molds and TT gear is the same for instance:

Warsong Barrier: Void
    286 Pdef
    10 Vit
    150 HP
    1% Crit
    1 Def Level

Belt of Earth (TT80)
    238 Pdef
    81 Pdef
    3 MP Recovery
    4-5 Strength

Yes I know that the Warsong is obviously better (Crit and HP is pretty valuable not to mention def lvl) but to say that even just the TT80 cannot compete with it is just plain foolish. The bottom line is that everything that the event made a click away can be kept up with if players spent half their time working for the items as they do QQing on the forums.

If you want something and don't have a credit card you can still work for it in game, granted it will take longer than clicking on boxes but it sure as hell will save your cash and still allow you to compete with the excessive CS players.
    your missing the point entirely i think multiply those numbers by 80 in a territory war so that 2 pec crit diff is really 160 percent in nonstop dps thats huge this topic isn't about omg hes got 2 perc more crit than me hes l33t QQ its about 2 of those= 4 percent= 240 perc think before you speak and run the math
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I guess what you say makes since Poisa.. but never in all of my experiance in TW did I fight all 80 members at the same time... actually The only ones that could argue they have is cata pullers, and even then its pretty unlikly. Honestly if you wanna deal with big numbers go for it. But last time i checked:

80/80 = 1 as well as 160/160= 1

Before you try to intimidate me with your math skills being able to multiply by 80.. realize that either way when it comes down to it you still compare the items 1 on 1.

Also if your really all about crit there are plent of ornaments that can add crit bonuses equal to the equipment that is coming from the packs (the exception being the boots, no other boots add 2% crit)

I was simply stating that to say that people with these equips are "unbeatable" and it "breaks the game" is just plain naive. So I will once again say a favorite line of mine.

Less QQ more Pew Pew.
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viedra - Harshlands
    Viedra - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well I guess i would be 2 faced. I will buy the annie pack while it is available, but there has to be something you can do to recoup the economy that they destroyed. I have a great idea, how about a TT- event. Having increased drops inside TT runs for like a month should help lower the prices of itmes and gold. I mean seriously, look at it, a hammer is 5Gold right, gold= @500K. so for 2million+ coins in game, i can open a reward and get 1 million coins back. seriously, got to be something you can do.
  • Viedra - Harshlands
    Viedra - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The biggest problem I could see with this being implemented is how if the AH said "Okay, you can't sell above 110k now", gold sellers would just...stop using the AH. WC would be spammed with "Selling gold 200k, PM me the item you want", and the AH would be empty of gold since they could sell it for so much higher over WC. b:surrender

As much as people might say caps and such will fix the economy (the "it's a game, you can control it, it's not like the real economy" argument), players will always find a way around it to make themselves more money. Instead of a "game fix", where they just control the prices because they think they can, there needs to be an actual economically sound fix implemented.
    MMM, a gold cap is an excellent idea. And if you dont want to hear the gold sellers, then blackllist em, they have been rippin off PWI players for a very long time. People like me who try to bring prices down by puttin gold in AH for 125K are not being seen because these people sit around watching for low priced gold to go into AH. It is a hopeless cycle, and it will nvr be fixed unless a cap is put in place. PWI wont loose money because these high lvl scam artists quit. Actually i see the economy actually stepping up with the scammers taken out.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:thanks Hello all, this is my first post. I am definitely not here to QQ or troll or whatever else. (and please, no 'Cool story bro' b:laugh)
    I'll try to voice my opinion as a non-cash shop user, but as an active member of the PWI community.

I have to say I never could participate in the economy via gold exchange (when I joined, it was at 130k, but obviously I had relatively few coins); at least I was able to buy the 'crumbs' from other gamers (second-hand boutique items/items on sale), who could either free their inventory up or get the necessary funds to purchase more gold. Virtuous circle, yes?

...After many sales and other unexplainable shifts in mentality (go figure how and why), things changed drastically. Seven months passed and the world changed forever.

As the topic that interests us here, the anniversary packs have for sure brought more envy (impulsive buyers) and greed (the gold sellers that practice the highest rates and those who resell items at steep prices)... nothing new, is it?
    Except that, as so many others stated here, not only it was about insanely high-end gears, but the second wave of that event arrives when gold was supposed to be lowering.

Now, let's go for some stereotypes:

-Gold sellers: 'Let's sell high, so high we will make more money than ever! We spend real money after all'
    -Gamblers: 'Can't resist going for this rare item! Even if I get broke'
    -The Duke: 'Hello PWI, It's me, Duke, with my very long scroll of winners and my megaphone of Doom!! Let's be spammy!' b:sin (glad it ended)
    -What was for the rest? 'Please stop duke, stop, stop!!' or 'When will it end?' or 'The game is definitely unbalanced, messed up, etc.' or 'Makes no sense anymore, I quit!'

My grief here is that the gold price won't lower again before long and that buying any necessities or simple casual items is just impossible (basic aerogear, cages, charms, fashion, pet packs, anyone?). Sorry, but I refuse to fall into that trap. I'll be keeping hoarding coins obtained from grinding and harvesting like a fool... Mats resold at catshops.
    Won't cede to that crazy scheme, even if it's for my low-level alts. Etc. etc.

Thanks for reading. Take care. b:thanks
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    so how long now till they remove these damn boxes, the sooner there burned the better =\
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    forks89 wrote: »
    Before there was Lunar Glade rings there was:

Ring of Mastodon's Strength:
    88 P.attack
    Vitality +4~5
    Critical Hit Rate +2%
    Accuracy +30%

I saw it on many many barbs, bms and archers wayyyy before the anni packs..

Know your info before you say that there is nothing that can compare.

PS Ring of Mastodon's is a TT90 Gold, so you can even wear it before the lunar glades lvl 95 requirement.

Unfortunately for you I do know what I say.

Perhaps more than you considering I had both HH90 Gold Rings - 40M for the gold mats alone, all bought with chips.

You clearly are the one who doesn't know what they are talking about.

The ring doesn't even compare.

30% Critical is nothing compared to 50%.

The difference is over 800 additional aim (from an Archers standpoint). Times that by two and thats 1600 additional aim.

Cumulatively the difference is +2% critical. To put it into prospective thats 1/5th my Sharpened Tooth Arrow bonus.

+5 Vitality is insignificant compared to the +200 mdef you gain.

Furthermore the grade of the Lunar Glade Rings is higher - so it refines much better.

You might need to put yourself on Lost City to truely appreciate the difference between Lunar Glade and HH9x. If you are on Lost City - then clearly you belong to a non-factor faction if you dont think there is a major difference.
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Obviously the lunar glade is better. There is no arguing that.

But I will say it again.

People who say that gear from the anni packs cannot be beaten by someone with out it is naive. There is gear that although not quite as good can compete with someone that has the event gear.
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    MMM, a gold cap is an excellent idea. And if you dont want to hear the gold sellers, then blackllist em, they have been rippin off PWI players for a very long time. People like me who try to bring prices down by puttin gold in AH for 125K are not being seen because these people sit around watching for low priced gold to go into AH. It is a hopeless cycle, and it will nvr be fixed unless a cap is put in place. PWI wont loose money because these high lvl scam artists quit. Actually i see the economy actually stepping up with the scammers taken out.

No one would be "taken out" or quit. That's what you don't understand. What good would it do you if a gold cap was implemented and the next day, there was no gold in the AH? The gold sellers could sell it for 500k over WC, so why would they follow the AH saying they can only sell for 200k or less? It's not about spamming WC, it's about how a gold cap would change absolutely nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No one would be "taken out" or quit. That's what you don't understand. What good would it do you if a gold cap was implemented and the next day, there was no gold in the AH? The gold sellers could sell it for 500k over WC, so why would they follow the AH saying they can only sell for 200k or less? It's not about spamming WC, it's about how a gold cap would change absolutely nothing.

Actualy, it would be far better to just remove the ability to trade gold all together. So if you want gold, buy zen. Otherwise, you buy the items from other players. That would stop the gold is too high argument. Much easier than to set up a cap.. since we already have a cap in place, and people are still complaining about the gold prices.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Actualy, it would be far better to just remove the ability to trade gold all together. So if you want gold, buy zen. Otherwise, you buy the items from other players. That would stop the gold is too high argument. Much easier than to set up a cap.. since we already have a cap in place, and people are still complaining about the gold prices.

That's how they would do it over WC anyway..."Selling gold 500k each, PM me the item you want to buy from the Boutique!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No doubt this has been said already but too many posts to read through to find out .

Surely the argument against the Anni packs was what they contained ? .

Some people who play these type of games have to have something they can gain as a staus symbol.

First off it was the DQ horses i thought that was a poor decision .

Now end game gear in the packs .

What are you leaving for people to aim for ? what are you offering them from the game that cant be bought ? .

To play a game just for the sakes of playing soon gets tedious when theres nothing to aim for apart from how much coin you can obtain to buy items you cant be bothered to work for.

You have to understand not everyone wants a free and easy ride to success if we did we know where we could head for.

The more challenging the game the more fun it is to play.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009

The more challenging the game the more fun it is to play.

If this was the case, than you would not see people complaining about gold prices, since there is nothing in CS you need to play this game. You can do everything without a single CS item, it is just not as convinient. For example charms, you do not need charms, you can make it without any charm usage at all, even as a cleric, but poeple rather have the easy charm on than to plan and farm apoc mats to make the pots you would need to be able to play without charms.

Most of the complains about gold prices are because now charms cost too much, or because angels cost too much, or whatever costs too much.

People like to play in easy mode, that is why the packs were such a success story, no matter how much people complained, they still bought the packs so they could get the chance at getting the items.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aerilya - Sanctuary
    Aerilya - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know I am going to get flamed for this, but so what?
    I really like the packs, I have never had the fortune to get one of the better items inside of them, but have found so many uses for the tokens.
    I think it would be cool if there was a permanent addition to the Boutique, except the pack only contained regular tokens and the occasional best token.
    The rate of finding other items does kinda suck though. lol
  • SoulTedSu - Lost City
    SoulTedSu - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I really like the packs, I have never had the fortune to get one of the better items inside of them, but have found so many uses for the tokens.
    I think it would be cool if there was a permanent addition to the Boutique, except the pack only contained regular tokens and the occasional best token.

I second that.. I also like the packs b:pleased

opening 100 packs per month is reasonable for me and have a lot of fun .. b:victory
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009

The only good thing is when they go away and you still have some spare packs left and the value of those packs increases meaning that there worth more money and you get payed better. But for the people that are poor they wont be able to get on anni pack because they cost to much. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Xvermillionx - Dreamweaver
    Xvermillionx - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anniversary packs rock! (just slide in my say)b:shockedb:shutup
  • Kricket_Nite - Heavens Tear
    Kricket_Nite - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The only complaint I had was that I couldn't make Duke shut up. Beyond that I could care less what new weird box or pack they have in the cash shop.

Thank you for making Duke stop it was really annoying.

Oh and I think it is just rude of you guys to yell at Spoons and the rest, if you notice there are not that many of them to go around and there are a lot of different threads they have to monitor. Give them a break, they still have other things they have to do other then listen to people complain.

I say THANK YOU to Spoons and the gang! b:thanks
  • Lickmyvenom - Heavens Tear
    Lickmyvenom - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    when are they gettin takin off? cause im gettin paid tomorrow $_$
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    Moozka - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    when are they gettin takin off? cause im gettin paid tomorrow $_$

i was wondering the same thing just now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I believe on the next week as I remember from some topic, november 2nd or so.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Aerilya - Sanctuary
    Aerilya - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The only complaint I had was that I couldn't make Duke shut up. Beyond that I could care less what new weird box or pack they have in the cash shop.

Thank you for making Duke stop it was really annoying.

Oh and I think it is just rude of you guys to yell at Spoons and the rest, if you notice there are not that many of them to go around and there are a lot of different threads they have to monitor. Give them a break, they still have other things they have to do other then listen to people complain.

I say THANK YOU to Spoons and the gang! b:thanks

I had that same complaint but it doesn't really matter anymore. b:victory

And I second that, THANK YOU to the GMs for putting this awesome pack up there. b:chuckle
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i was wondering the same thing just now

Agreed, i was thinking of the same thing. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited October 2009
    cmon kill the packs already

down with the power!!
  • Godmurderer - Sanctuary
    Godmurderer - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    To much rip off prices, and the fact you can only mail one item at a time, many quests are too hard for the level or just ridiculous so they don't get done............................pwi is boring me to death even my alts aren't fun anymore! Everything costs too much especially spells:(
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    To much rip off prices, and the fact you can only mail one item at a time, many quests are too hard for the level or just ridiculous so they don't get done............................pwi is boring me to death even my alts aren't fun anymore! Everything costs too much especially spells:(

lol is there something wrong with your brain?
    X_x'
    it's called a faction.
    it's called squading up.
    it's called friends.
    and even friendly strangers...
    for everything else theres mastah card. b:laugh

mayhaps this is just a PvE or Sanctuary server problem only lol.
    Me find my level quests easy.
    xD of course me always squad up lol.
    me pretty sure this game was designed so people work together...
    >.>
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anniversary packs being re-released is proof that someone lied about being concerned about the coin value of gold. Something about watching it carefully, etc... I'm not going to dig for the quote by a certain GM, but it was made not too long ago during the previous JJ event along with the release of those moronic gold hammer coin boxes.
    Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see the packs made a permanent addition, lol.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anniversary packs being re-released is proof that someone lied about being concerned about the coin value of gold. Something about watching it carefully, etc... I'm not going to dig for the quote by a certain GM, but it was made not too long ago during the previous JJ event along with the release of those moronic gold hammer coin boxes.
    Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see the packs made a permanent addition, lol.

I hope not. Like 40 boxes now and nada b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited October 2009
    wait for it people.....

Back by terrorist threat.. Anniversary boxes!

sigh...
This discussion has been closed.