Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    popular with who? the sales team? anything that fattens my paycheck would be popular by me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm done with this game.

Wow, Second time you'd think fine they just want more money, but AGAIN? This is ridiculous - no sense playing a game where the background developers just smack the playerbase in the face.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If you think about it, cash shop changes are supposed to be on Tuesday nights, so I am guessing the packs being gone last night was a glitch, like people not being able to do Crazy Stone. Most likely, they will be gone tomorrow at 1am.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why not make them a permanent addition to the cashshop.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    If you think about it, cash shop changes are supposed to be on Tuesday nights, so I am guessing the packs being gone last night was a glitch, like people not being able to do Crazy Stone. Most likely, they will be gone tomorrow at 1am.
    you better pray it is just an error.
    HELL NO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thousands of posts in 3...2...1..
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    1..2..3!!?!?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opietaylor
    opietaylor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Oh my God! Are you kidding me?! I mean come on, for real. I was willing to wait through the entire first month of this BS for prices to regulate and the game to be fun again. I even accepted it when you said they were back again in the middle of October because I was told that there would be an end, which, for me, meant gameplay would be fun again and there was hope for the future.

PWI was once a novelty, it was a great, FREE MMORPG... at least it used to be. People played this game because they would be able to immerse themselves into an unimaginably creative and wonderful world when they needed some time to themselves or needed to get away and the best thing was that they didn't have to pay for it if they chose not to.

Now, these same players who once enjoyed being able to get lost in the world of PWI are being FORCED to pay for what is supposed to be a FREE game! You can argue this point all you want but the fact of the matter is this, you simply cannot compete any more without paying hundreds of dollars on this game to buy your way into endgame gear... it is utterly impossible.

I really hope this is a mistake, if not, millions of hours and months and months of hard work for so many people will have been utterly useless. Let's all pray this is the outcome or the end is most definitely in sight.
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i wonder why are we all still complaing so much?

There is no point to playing this game anymore. This 2nd reintroduction of Aniversary packs just showed us they do not care about the player base. At least the non major zen buyers which is an irony as this is SUPPOSED to be a free to play game.

Have fun playing the last bit of PW like i've said
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=419612
  • kane0
    kane0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Higher gold prices=lower level characters struggeling.
    lower level characters struggeling= lower level characters quitting
    lower level characters quitting=pw loosing new players
    pw loosing new players=game not fun to play
  • JOKER_ - Heavens Tear
    JOKER_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hahahaha this game has the DUMBEST GMS EVERb:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    edited November 2009
    opietaylor wrote: »
    stuff

Before you get yourself perma banned, think about this:

1. When is the time that Cash Shop is supposed to get updated every week?
    2. Did anything glitched on last patch on Sunday (as in crazy stone glitch)
    3. Will you feel like a total dork, when after insulting PW, the packs are gone tomorrow, and you find your account banned?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited November 2009

i like this idea, gold price might actually drop then
  • opietaylor
    edited November 2009
    Before you get yourself perma banned, think about this:

1. When is the time that Cash Shop is supposed to get updated every week?
    2. Did anything glitched on last patch on Sunday (as in crazy stone glitch)
    3. Will you feel like a total dork, when after insulting PW, the packs are gone tomorrow, and you find your account banned?

If the anni packs are removed AND they are never reinstated (which I highly doubt will happen because they will want to get another couple weeks worth of money) then I will humbly retract any of my statements.

If, however, they are reinstated, then I stand by what I said. Furthermore, I only say what I have in order to draw attention to try to aid the vision of the developers to remember what PWI used to stand for and remember how much it means to so many people. That is my only aim, I only hold contempt for those that do not honor or respect their fellow man.

I really hope in my heart of hearts that this is not the case and that they do care enough to get to work, hitting the ground running in developing the new expansion to help take care of their loyal players and that this anniversary pack return is just a mistake. Let us all pray that this is the case, or I fear that PWI may be gone forever much sooner than any of us had ever imagined.
    edited November 2009
    More Sutff

Well, you may not be able to apolozige since your account should end up banned, since you bluntly went against the forum rules by insulting the company and its employees.

I am hoping the packs are gone when cash shop gets updated with the new sales, as usual tomorrow night.
  • opietaylor
    edited November 2009
    Well, you may not be able to apolozige since your account should end up banned, since you bluntly went against the forum rules by insulting the company and its employees.

I am hoping the packs are gone when cash shop gets updated with the new sales, as usual tomorrow night.

I see your point and am sorry that I over-reacted. Please read over my now edited post to see if it is approvable or not. I just really hope that this game isn't ruined because there are so many people who rely on it for a number of different things :-(
    edited November 2009
    I see your point and am sorry that I over-reacted. Please read over my now edited post to see if it is approvable or not. I just really hope that this game isn't ruined because there are so many people who rely on it for a number of different things :-(

That is why I did not included the text when I quoted you. I know what my first thoughts were when I say the packs in the shop, but than I remembered that we had early maintenance, and that CS gets updated on wednesdays at 1am, no matter if there is maint or not.

So I figured, I would wait another day before getting upset.
  • opietaylor
    edited November 2009
    That is why I did not included the text when I quoted you. I know what my first thoughts were when I say the packs in the shop, but than I remembered that we had early maintenance, and that CS gets updated on wednesdays at 1am, no matter if there is maint or not.

I appreciate a class act like yourself setting me straight. Thank you for not just raging against me, but instead calming me and encouraging me to more objectively look at things. I will wait until tomorrow night to see what has happened. I really hope that the right thing is done, otherwise, there will be pandemonium I fear.

Thanks again and is there any way you would accept a friend request from me on Heaven's Tear?
  • JOKER_ - Heavens Tear
    JOKER_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2009

damn... i bet this biach will become our new moderator soon hahahab:laugh
    edited November 2009
    I appreciate a class act like yourself setting me straight. Thank you for not just raging against me, but instead calming me and encouraging me to more objectively look at things. I will wait until tomorrow night to see what has happened. I really hope that the right thing is done, otherwise, there will be pandemonium I fear.

Thanks again and is there any way you would accept a friend request from me on Heaven's Tear?

Sure. :) Worse case we do not need to get upset for another day :), best case, they will be gone by the next CS update.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Simply put, I refuse to charge any ZEN ever again until they are gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zero27
    zero27 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    really not gona real this whole thread so I don’t know who said what already, so here goes:

Please stop QQing about the return of the annipacks. Personally, I hanvt bought any packs since it first came to be. I don’t understand the reasoning of people who complain and in some cases even leave the servers completely. You are all playing this game for FREE!!! If the cash shop didn’t exist the developers would make no money to keep the servers up and running. You are under no obligation to buy anything from the cash shop. Those that do recharge their zen are helping the developers to keep the content up to date and expand the content (hence new rising tide), so why blame them for buying these packs? They can use their money how they please, cant they? And they are helping you to play the game for FREE!!!

As for the economy in this regard, I do think that it is affecting the economy in a negative way, but its just like in rl then. Some of the ppl with more money can afford gold to buy these packs, but that’s not what the developers are looking at. They see how much ppl recharge their zen and don’t realy care about the ppl with millions of coins to waste. The economy will stabilise in due time as the hipe of these packs are almost gone (even if it becomes permanent)

The ppl see the impact these events have and they try and control the economy by raising the gold prices to rather high lvls (turned at 700k per gold at some point). Anyway, don’t blame the GM’s, they don’t have the power to control these things I would guess. Blame the guys that’s trying to control the economy by doing this.

Everyone has the same opportunity to get something out of these packs, but not everyone wants to waste their money on them. Like I said, you don’t have to buy them. It’s a matter of personel opinion. I wouldn’t go so far as to say the ppl that’s against it is wrong (they prolly have their reasons for thinking so), but I think you’re a bunch of idoits :P

It’s not the packs that’s gona make me leave this servers, but rather the constant QQing of players on world chat and forums that hate the idea of the packs coming back, because secretly they didn’t receive any rewards for wasting their money the fist time around.

Stop complaining and play the damn game. Remember, ur playing this game for FREE!!! (idiots)
  • Qwin - Sanctuary
    Qwin - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Happy Anniversary everyone! TPTB ruined the game! yay. I guess a full year of fun game play was plenty.
    *goes back to playing mmorpg I was hooked on before PWI*
  • Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    really? again?
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Was bringing back the Anni packs a third time a mistake? Because I don't see anything about it officially... I thought they were supposed to be gone on Nov, 2nd?

I dunno. With those, if you have 10 bucks it's becoming more practical to drop playing the game altogether, just buy some gold and milk the market, though the game was namely about playing, questing, and earning your stuff, the anni packs and economy is taking that away. Perhaps that's what they see, they must be getting a massive influx of money from somewhere to bring back the packs and upset the player base.

Personally, I want the anni packs to go away. They make it too easy to get money for those who spend money, I made like, 15 million off selling gold in a night, and as much as I looooved that.... it's not going to end well. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lolz.

I dare the devs to show their faces on forums, and request a "speak your mind freely" thread and discussion between them and their players.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I hope that u do not release these packs again in the same form.

They are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! b:victory
    Thanks for listening to our input GM's b:pleased
    They did nooooooooooooooooooot! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Vodevil - Harshlands
    Vodevil - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Seriously GMs, remove them or find any solution for control the price od Golds at Auctionner.
    Dont give so amazing rewards in those pack too, where is now the merit of being well stuffed? and what is the interest of farming so many caves if we can have a endgame stuff with just some luck? (and cash..)
    I think AP can be added to CS for some events (1 or 2 weeks by semester) but 3 months a row..

And PWI anniversary was in September..
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Everyone is assuming the packs "were" removed on purpose and that it wasnt a timing bug or glitch that removed them for a day, which has now been fixed, hence them being "back"
    This box will be on sale from October 13th at 1:00am Server Time until November!

Notice no firm date given apart from November, so they could have been planned to be here for the full month
This discussion has been closed.