Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150122b.1

Comments

• Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    evalira wrote: »
    Not only is the new green lvl 60 gear better than legendary gear, but they have also nerfed current gear. My timeless hero gear has had all it's stats reduced by nearly 50%. Way to go.

Guess they've decided it's not so timeless after all (sorry, I couldn't help but make a joke).
  • Options
    nickitysplitnickitysplit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    <snip>
    Its good to cut OPness of CWs&SWs as they can solo CN now...

So can anyone else with BiS lol...
    - Carpe diem -
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So can anyone else with BiS lol...

Saw a video of a 13kgs sw soloing it once. Not exactly bis.
  • Options
    sthgodchillasthgodchilla Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Besides, what's the point of the regen changes? Potions have no cooldown when out of combat. Hope and pray someone heals you in combat!?

wonder what defs were thinking about it!
    total waste now besides of saving some ads for pots.
    nerf to zero...think about it before u use the hammer ;)
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So if I'm reading this correctly, then only ONE (1) part of the Temple of Elemental Evil is coming w/ this module (water element)? Not all 4?
    That's not gonna be a good choice IMO, best release all 4 at once if you want to make a profit.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Saw a video of a 13kgs sw soloing it once. Not exactly bis.
    Well maybe not, but you get my meaning, average gs of a fresh 60 (which will last quite a while, as rings/artifacts etc aren't exactly cheap, and levelling crafting takes literally forever lol) is around 9k, so...hardly worthy of being a nerf-bat target.

Anyway, i really don't see how LS/Regen is even a problem in its current state, to get a decent amount you have to sacrifice something else, for me as a CW that would be HP most likely, running around t2's with barely 24k HP isnt good, fun...yes, but good, no lol. Yes i agree in high amounts it can get insane, i've seen the videos of people soloing CN/T2's with a suicidal attitude and making it look like a cakewalk, but the thing is, why shouldn't people be able to do that if they want to? They are hardly going to be using that same setup in a group situation, so its really hurting no-one...

LS is one of those things that really helps while learning to control your class, and things like learning to get your rotations off under pressure, dodge properly etc, much better than the alternative frustration-inducing death every 20 secs....contrary to popular belief, pots/injury kits are NOT cheap. (Considering you get nothing worth noting from leadership pre 20, and bag space is just...nonexistant). Once you're comfortable, you can safely drop all those dark enchants/whatever and replace with something more useful!

And just as an aside, i've played a LOT of mmo's...and killing things in 1's or 2's?...gets old after about 10 mins.
    - Carpe diem -
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I do think that LS needs a nerf, it shouldn't be possible to recover 100% of your HP in one offensive attack. But I think that instead of adding another RNG element to it, they should cap it. Like, no attack should be able to heal more than a certain % of your HP, or a % of HP recovered per second limitation.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    In my honest opinion, just the numbers behind how much LS you get should be reworked, make it slightly harder to stack, or slightly less effective. With this...it may aswell just be removed entirely, played on preview for couple of hours and....slowly losing the willpower i had left to even get to 60 :/
    - Carpe diem -
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    elvenaar wrote: »
    So if I'm reading this correctly, then only ONE (1) part of the Temple of Elemental Evil is coming w/ this module (water element)? Not all 4?
    That's not gonna be a good choice IMO, best release all 4 at once if you want to make a profit.

New artifact on preview is stone of earth, so expect more than that element. Drowned Shore is the low-60's zone. Game now goes to 70. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anyway, i really don't see how LS/Regen is even a problem in its current state

It questions the very definition of what a stat is. Allegedly it's supposed to make things more challenging, but it's all the opposite, the RNG style unfavours the skill. Fights in mod6 are like being a heavily drunk pedestrian trying to cross the highway. All about luck.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just logged in preview at lunchbreak.

Okay... so the very first green Main Hand Weapon **** we get for the very first mission we are given by Knox is already on par (stat wise) with the Legendary Artifact I have spent so much to raise to lvl 60 ? Really ?

Well, there's not a freezing chance in Hell I will EVER spend a single AD on that same mistake again. I'll just wait for the next Lvl increase.

Apparently, you still cannot refine gems beyong rk 10 for the moment, even if they are not labelled "max level" any more.

The item level on the green/blue starting gear is 90 and this feels like a give everything away to see how they work sort of thing, so my assumption is we are given gear that allows us to more easily run thru the game .... Everything but 62 mobs died in one hit when I put on all that ugly green gear. My black ice was near fed dramatically so again I assume it's to use new stuff like locking out older areas to force plau in the new area.

In my opinion final release won't quite be the same but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone know the future of black ice gear? That was some tough gear to get and I personally would like to see it get empowered to T4, I rather liked the IWD area I just find peoples lack of interest in doing anything other than beholder and remorhaz annoying.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone know the future of black ice gear? That was some tough gear to get and I personally would like to see it get empowered to T4, I rather liked the IWD area I just find peoples lack of interest in doing anything other than beholder and remorhaz annoying.

No information about that has been shared.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    sthgodchillasthgodchilla Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    is the preview down again or is it just me who can´t log in? was able to test 5h ago...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    is the preview down again or is it just me who can´t log in? was able to test 5h ago...

It disconnected me in the middle of a heroic lol haven't been back since.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Always check the stickies first please. Thanks!
    Sticky: Quick Preview Restart

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • Options
    asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015

They are the only worthwhile encounters because they have a high drop rate on the arms armor. The gear won't see an upgrade they are moving away from regen buff again with mod six changes to combat.
  • Options
    h4rd4sironh4rd4siron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    any NEW dungeon in module 6 like CN, MC, VT??
  • Options
    geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When can we expect the Paladin to be on preview for testing?
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So far, I like the zone. Nice change from the WOD desert look. Much to do there also. If your a higher GS player, you will have no problem going solo until you hit some of the HEs, but there will always be people to party up with etc.

The map is almost like a maze, so I have the map slotted to one of my mouse buttons instead of "m". I have noticed that the Refining Stone drops appear to be better. Maybe they removed the internal cooldown...not sure.

Wondering if a dungeon will be released soon for mod 6.

All my companions were ready to be sent for training, so I suggest doing that as a first item of business when this goes live.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    Try a soloing a heroic on a DPS character. Until then you won't understand.

I know you said you were "done with this thread", but I am curious if you were level 60 or 61+, and very curious how many crabs you were pulling at once. They hit pretty hard, but they're not control immune. Pulling 3-6 at a time it was totally manageable.
    sincerely,
    someone who turned them all into Krabby Patties
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    h4rd4sironh4rd4siron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So far, I like the zone. Nice change from the WOD desert look. Much to do there also. If your a higher GS player, you will have no problem going solo until you hit some of the HEs, but there will always be people to party up with etc.

The map is almost like a maze, so I have the map slotted to one of my mouse buttons instead of "m". I have noticed that the Refining Stone drops appear to be better. Maybe they removed the internal cooldown...not sure.

Wondering if a dungeon will be released soon for mod 6.

All my companions were ready to be sent for training, so I suggest doing that as a first item of business when this goes live.

6 new dungeon in mod 6.
  • Options
    akenoaisariasakenoaisarias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ...The map is almost like a maze...

You do realize it is the exact same map as Blackdagger's, right? Just a different starting point and slightly altered terrain (like the lighthouses are destroyed and Old Lenn is nowhere to be found).
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Old Lenn is nowhere to be found.

They killed old Lenn?! NOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    They killed old Lenn?! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

He was old. Wasn't even much good to eat, all stringy and tough.

Scrag #314
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where is Xalliana? She had some of the best dialogue in the game.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Where is Xalliana? She had some of the best dialogue in the game.

Ran off with Old Lenn is my guess.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Scrag #314

The Sea Trolls have a legion now?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Ran off with Old Lenn is my guess.

She was tasty, unlike Lenn

Scrag #314
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The Sea Trolls have a legion now?

Have you not seen how more of us pop out of the caves every few seconds. We are legion. Scrag #314
This discussion has been closed.