test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150122b.1

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    Can we vote for a moderator with a DPS main? ;)
    bwahahaha!

Ambi has many DPS, and his main (I think it's his main now?) is a DPS hunter. He is even one of those I mentioned that has a GF that does insane damage for a GF.
  • Options
    etnad321etnad321 Banned Users Posts: 52
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Oh yes, I posted my negatives already and my CMs always get ear-fulls from me, negative, positive, and neutral alike. I'm probably one of the most negative moderators ever, yet I do so in a polite manner, most of the time. I also provide just as much neutral and positive outlooks on things as well. I did go off the walls-balls crazy once though (when they removed casting while moving in alpha), but since then I don't give feedback while battling a migraine anymore as I realized how bad I sounded afterwards.. lol :)

I don't have any negative feedback for LS or Regen though, I actually like the sound of the changes, especially since one of my two most played characters is a healing divine oracle dc. I'm reserving final judgement though until I can see how they actually affect my character in gameplay testing.

nailed it.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Most people don't know what it's like to be top tier DPS. I pull aggro from tanks more often than not. How am I supposed to handle all this threat, without intentionally crippling my damage in order to lose aggro?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Most people don't know what it's like to be top tier DPS. I pull aggro from tanks more often than not. How am I supposed to handle all this threat, without intentionally crippling my damage in order to lose aggro?
    There are companions to lower your threat. As a DC or CW, there's also feats for that.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still maintain the devs are going about this all wrong. If they want to make regen more effective for damage spikes as they stated, they should boost its effectiveness in combat, not zero it out. The curve that defines how much HP it gives you based on your current health should become steeper, not zero. Zeroing it out is nonsensical.

My HR has decidedly mediocre DPS. Isn't everyone always decrying "glass cannons"? Well, she's the opposite: she has defense, HP, and regen stacked to Hades and gone (not lifesteal, because it's not useful when you've moved so many points to defense and HP already). She is usually the last one down in a party. That, I think, is the real acid test: a mediocre DPS with what is supposed to be already high survivability but who cannot self-heal.

I have a DC as well, a virtuous healer-build. I still think what's being done to regen is wrong.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I still maintain the devs are going about this all wrong. If they want to make regen more effective for damage spikes as they stated, they should boost its effectiveness in combat, not zero it out. The curve that defines how much HP it gives you based on your current health should become steeper, not zero. Zeroing it out is nonsensical.

But that would make the game far easier and thus more boring. We need to have more of a risk of dying.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    But that would make the game far easier and thus more boring. We need to have more of a risk of dying.

nerf lifesteal effectiveness on multitarget damages.
    whats the reason to change regen like this? potions have no cd out of combat.
    even the change to lifesteal makes no sense...cw still has better chance to proc it than other classes.
    single target classes are screwed.
    and what about feat and class feature?
    battlehoned for HR, combat HR, warlocks etc etc etc
    rampaging madness boon?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I agree that the net effect is that solo content will become a lot more deadly. The devs haven't stated that this is their intent. If it *is*, I would prefer they say so. They *have* stated that their intent is to make regen better able to cope with damage spikes. I maintain that there is a better way to do that without making the game solo-unfriendly.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    nerf lifesteal effectiveness on multitarget damages.
    whats the reason to change regen like this? potions have no cd out of combat.
    even the change to lifesteal makes no sense...cw still has better chance to proc it than other classes.
    single target classes are screwed.
    and what about feat and class feature?
    battlehoned for HR, combat HR, warlocks etc etc etc
    rampaging madness boon?

If aoe classes are too strong with it, like CW and to some extent SW, then nerf the ls severity on those classes and leave the st classes at 100%.

This game has needed some challenge brought back to it for over a year now. I'm happy they seem to be moving in the right direction with this.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    but they said regen ill boost our other sources of healing!!!!

....ahum what other sources?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I agree that the net effect is that solo content will become a lot more deadly. The devs haven't stated that this is their intent. If it *is*, I would prefer they say so.

Well maybe they will or maybe they won't, but solo content has been stale and challengeless imo since open beta when I was a brand new player. I'm hoping that this makes it where it doesn't bore me to tears or make me watch netflix while I play.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    etnad321 wrote: »
    but they said regen ill boost our other sources of healing!!!!

....ahum what other sources?

lifesteal
    cleric healing
    tempt SW healing
    eventually pally healing
    companion healing
    I'm assuming potions (didn't double check this)

That's 5 potentially 6 other sources.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    lifesteal
    cleric healing
    tempt SW healing
    eventually pally healing
    companion healing

forgot to say i was talking about solo play and i wont waste stone for healing companion lol.

and about LS yeah RNG based heal must be awsome.

potions wont help much anyway cause of mobs do alot of dmg and as a class w,o ability to avoid dmg im dead.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    lifesteal
    cleric healing
    tempt SW healing
    eventually pally healing
    companion healing

what s the point of incoming healing bonus then??
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    lifesteal
    cleric healing
    tempt SW healing
    eventually pally healing
    companion healing

They explicitly ruled out potions.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    what s the point of incoming healing bonus then??

None. They're making regen a clone of it.

I double-checked my augment today. I could swap it for my Cleric Disciple for 300 regen (ha, the irony!) and lose 1400 defense, 900 power, and 4300 hp in the process.

Really? Really?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There are companions to lower your threat. As a DC or CW, there's also feats for that.

I have them. I've used them (26 purple companions remember). If it increases DPS, control or healing and can be bought. I already have it.

I currently have control and healing companions. So I have give up control and intentionally cripple myself just to stay alive.

Dumb just dumb
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    None. They're making regen a clone of it.

and this makes any sense to you?

what in the hell is a combat hr supposed to do with its feats and wild medicine overnerfed ?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

what in the hell is a combat hr supposed to do with its feats and wild medicine overnerfed ?

I hear ya, brother. I'm a stormwarden archer. Wild medicine, what's that? (I ask tongue-in-cheek).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Dual post sorry
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I have them. I've used them (26 purple companions remember). If it increases DPS, control or healing and can be bought. I already have it.

I currently have control and healing companions. So I have give up control and intentionally cripple myself just to stay alive.

Dumb just dumb
    If your build relies on companions so much that you cannot swap one or two to help your threat issues, you may want to re-examine your build. I did VT recently and forgot I had all my companions I'm leveling still in, except for my ioun stone of allure, and we didn't wipe once. I never died or even noticed that I didn't have my proper companions in until I got back to the bank and went to put them in and was like, "oops."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    If your build relies on one or two companions, you may want to re-examine your build. I've done VT before and forgot I had all my companions I'm leveling still in, except for my ioun stone of allure, and we didn't wipe once. I never died or even noticed that I didn't have my proper companions in until I got back to the bank and went to put them in and was like, "oops."

And what class were you playing. Did you have ALL the aggro? If not. You have no idea what difference 2 epic companions can make.

Please refrain from commenting unless you have tested it yourself with a top tier DPS toon getting ALL the aggro with the new lifesteal. Nothing can be gained from conjecture.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I would hope, that since combat pathfinder was heavy into regen with class features that perhaps wild medicine could then be adjusted if it turns out that combat is far to squishy compared to other classes after the changes. There needs to be balancing but with the preview server having only been up for a few hours, I think it's too early for that to have happened. My understanding is that hr's didn't even get their new feats added on what was there, so who knows what their new feats are going to be.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I would hope, that since combat pathfinder was heavy into regen with class features that perhaps wild medicine could then be adjusted if it turns out that combat is far to squishy compared to other classes after the changes. There needs to be balancing but with the preview server having only been up for a few hours, I think it's too early for that to have happened. My understanding is that hr's didn't even get their new feats added on what was there, so who knows what their new feats are going to be.

yea i m just stating that this change breaks too many things that will stay broken for 1 year.
    i dont say it cant work, i say it will end up not working.
    the problem is lifesteal (not regen which no one except tanks maybe tend to have in pve... "we want to give regen a reason to be stacked so we nerf it to the ground" ) on multitarget classes.
    a diminuishing return on that would solve the problem, like 100% severity on the first enemy hit and then 50%-25%-12% on the followings.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

wanna see how squishy ill be GWF w,o regen and RNG based LS?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    And what class were you playing. Did you have ALL the aggro? If not. You have no idea what difference 2 epic companions can make.

Please refrain from commenting unless you have tested it yourself with a top tier DPS toon getting ALL the aggro with the new lifesteal. Nothing can be gained from conjecture.
    A healing DC who was pulling tons of aggro because we didn't have a GF any my heal threat was higher than the DPSers' threat. If you loose your aggro, you won't be ganked, so if you think about it, your worry is flawed.

You won't swap companions to loose threat because you keep getting too much threat so you won't swap to companions that reduce threat. That's just strange.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

GWF need their real unstoppable and determination gain back. I won't argue that.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is what has me so upset about the regeneration change: it's something we rely on when we're soloing

At the risk of having missed an answer as the thread grew a couple of pages rapidly, what on earth are you trying to solo that makes in combat regen such a necessity?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Another side effect that will cause all kinds of grief...because the devs want regen to allegedly cope better with damage spikes?

I have a favorite saying at work: "don't use a thermonuclear weapon to kill an ant."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    At the risk of having missed an answer as the thread grew a couple of pages rapidly, what on earth are you trying to solo that makes in combat regen such a necessity?

Ever do the giant helmets quest in IWD and get jumped by the undead giant and/or the deathlock wight and all their buddies?

I don't mind getting jumped -- that *should* happen from time to time. I *do* mind having my survivability taken away for no good reason.
This discussion has been closed.