Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150122b.1

Comments

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    regen should be buffed not nerfed if something

how many pve players do you see running with 1.5k+ regen? i dont get them

Stacking regen in PvE is fairly common with GF's. Lacking the massive DPS output of other classes to make lifesteal more useful, regen helps you stay topped off when slugging it out...slowly :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    is serve up to test again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kreatyve wrote: »
    They took it down Friday for an emergency issue with it. They said it will be back up sometime today (hopefully). Just wait til later, as they are not even in the office at this hour.

Actually, they said Monday at the earliest. There's no guarantee that it'll be up today.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    yes there is no reason to whine about it without testing and i think that those 2 needed a change.
    about regen that change should be a buff not an overnerf.

I agree with this. We need the server up already gawsh guys. xD

I do expect this mod to be more party oriented, so solo builds aren't going to come from me, I just hope the mobs aren't too op haha.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    lol people who play and learn on test server and like the people who read about what they are voting for :) thumbs up to testers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Stacking regen in PvE is fairly common with GF's. Lacking the massive DPS output of other classes to make lifesteal more useful, regen helps you stay topped off when slugging it out...slowly :)

Even with 2000 regen/50k htipoints I still have to pop fighters recovery here and there. Even doing a dragon daily like in Neverdeath the regen alone is still not enough. And the regen is vital in sustaining knight's valor.
  • Options
    actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    The problem I see is that I don't think it counts any enchantment. There is a mountain of difference in my power if I pull all my enchants out of my gear.

Yeah, well.. even if it doesn't count towards average gear level. It's still ok by me. I just don't like how people judge you by the GS alone. Yes, there is big difference between 10k and 16k, but it should be about your attack power, armor pen, feats, spell rotations etc. It's not exactly "I have 1k higher GS, so I win". Cryptic also changing life steal and regen. I can't wait to test it out :) but I'm very interested in the way where NW is heading.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    I don't see this becoming a huge problem. I mean the difference between good gear and R7s and good gear and R!10s is minimal except maybe radiants in defense slots because there are no diminishing returns in HP. And the HP are fairly obvious whenever you inspect anyway. I don't think people are going to start running around without enchants because it does not effect score any more than they used lesser weapon enchants because it did not effect GS. Comes back to why GS was such a bad metric. I mean my build at 21k does the same thing it did at 18K only a little bit better....

I think you missed my problem with it. It has nothing to do with people inspecting others, and who beats who. It has to do with how they set min reqs in certain dungeons.

Consider that with a t2 set, cn weapons, personalized rings, purple pants and shirt, legendary belt, cloak and artifacts, a player will only be at about 13kgs without enchants. The balance for setting minimum entry levels so that new players have a shot at completing content goes out the window imo. Enchants are so much of our power that it's unbelievable. Not using the enchants as part of the formula is really going to play havok with that.
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2015
    The average item level system is definitely not final. Enchantments will be a part of the final system as well as artifacts both of which are not counted in the system currently. What you have now is the quick and dirty version with some major changes in the works.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The average item level system is definitely not final. Enchantments will be a part of the final system as well as artifacts both of which are not counted in the system currently. What you have now is the quick and dirty version with some major changes in the works.

Good to know, thank you. That definitely eases some concerns about the change.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    brought to you from the guys that put 9200 on cn and 10k on tia......
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    dodgo wrote: »
    brought to you from the guys that put 9200 on cn and 10k on tia......

You can definitely do the first boss of CN with that gs. The rest are harder but some people have soloed CN on a fairly low gs toon to see if they could. Tiamat I'm torn on. I'm of firm belief that if we could make a premade for it, it could be done around there with high coordination of the party. However we can't and the coordination and skill of the participants varies greatly and makes the fact that it's pure pug the main difficulty part of the equation. So that one is harder.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was looking at the black ice gear in the gateway and it was item item level 60 compared to the level 120 pvp gear and thinking maybe they haven't put in all the levels yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    I was looking at the black ice gear in the gateway and it was item item level 60 compared to the level 120 pvp gear and thinking maybe they haven't put in all the levels yet.

I forget where they said it, but you are right they have not yet.
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reds351 wrote: »

Where do we find new stuff on the gateway?
  • Options
    sndxdeadxshootsndxdeadxshoot Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I find IL to be completely the downgrade of GS. IL should NOT add enchants to the equation, I have all rank 5s cause I'm a lazy broke *** who can't increase the rank of my enchants, yet I'm on par with a friend of mine who has a P.Vorp, rank 9/8s. So why should I get penalized because they have better enchants. I have a G.Vorp btw, so my damage is practially equal to his. That's just stupid.

And about the regen thing. Instead of "Regen is incoming healing now, and regens out of combat." it should be like what they did to LS, now when you stack regen, you'll have a chance at restoring the damage done to you, with a certain severity for each class. Let's say you take 10k damage from 1 hit, GF with a severity of 75% would restore 7.5k HP when hit, but have like a 25% of it happening by stacking regen. Or if the regen severity was like 100% then the GF would heal 10k HP back. Regen SHOULD be like this, if they're going to change it to anything. That garbage incoming healing is useless, and regen out of combat isn't needed.
  • Options
    swainblakeswainblake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    any information about the preview come back online ? i wana test the new stuff :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    swainblake wrote: »
    any information about the preview come back online ? i wana test the new stuff :)

try again on the 27 or 28th...

I tested things.

Overall it feels good, almost like a new game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I find IL to be completely the downgrade of GS. IL should NOT add enchants to the equation, I have all rank 5s cause I'm a lazy broke *** who can't increase the rank of my enchants, yet I'm on par with a friend of mine who has a P.Vorp, rank 9/8s. So why should I get penalized because they have better enchants. I have a G.Vorp btw, so my damage is practially equal to his. That's just stupid. ...

This translates to: either your friend plays another class or simply is a bad player/ has a bad build. In a normal situation, with the same class/ build, someone with R9 and a perf. vorp should outperform you by miles.

To get a set of gear is not even 10% of the work for decent stats. In most cases T2,5 gear is even worse, than T1/2 gear. GS or anything like it cant evaluate your skill or performance, but should show at last the chance of your char to perform well. IL should include enchants, artefacts and artefact gear, otherwise it would be absolute meaningless.

I know, that GS is not everything ..., but if you really think, that there is no difference between someone with R5s and a BIS player, you should simply gear up and look at the difference of your own performance or do some PvP. If you dont play a certain class/build, you will get stomped with R5s by BIS players, regardless of skill/ build. I have seen 12k players kill themself attacking my GWF in IWD PvP by the dmg reflect, while my regen took care of their dmg.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    ansakuansaku Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its been confirmed that enchantments are going to be rank 12 in upcoming mod ..Does this change applies to armor/weapon enchants too ? or they are going to stay at rank 10 only ?
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ansaku wrote: »
    Its been confirmed that enchantments are going to be rank 12 in upcoming mod ..Does this change applies to armor/weapon enchants too ? or they are going to stay at rank 10 only ?

Those will be now "Uber Perfect" at r11 and "Hyper Mega Perfect" at r12.

First of all, this cant happend in first place, i mean enchants incrase, we dont need more stats. Right now, at end game state, evreything is pushed into radiants anyway.

First thing they need to get rid of is enchants above r10, after all its not final path, better not be.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I am ready for my rank 12's

Good luck to everyone else!

rank 10 x4 = rank 12

Now is a good time to play the lotto
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ansakuansaku Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    seriously rank 12 armor/weapon enchants? that was really insane move..there will be big difference between players if devs decided to pull those rank 12 decision on armor/weapon enchants ..i hope they wont.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »

How is this any different from current GS instead of it being hyper inflated? Instead of asking for 20k+ GS, wouldn't people just be asking for 400+ ilevel or whatever new BiS gear with top enchants and artifacts would be?
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let's not go crazy until we have a chance to playtest it....which will be soon? :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    gomjazgomjaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    let hope thay make monsters/dungons hard this mod with mod5 i felt like my gf was being babysat by gm as it was to easy
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    rather than nerfing the game and survivability, you should have just simply added New Dungeons, and a new Difficulty Level.. We have Epic, so why not Legendary?

I would love to run a LLoL.

Devs, your current Idea for Regen is heavy Failure, and a greaty disservice towards your players who have spent time and money ranking up and obtaining stats liek REGEN and Incoming Healing Bonus. I feel liek I litterally Wasted Months of my life by ranking up a Defenders Banner, and saving up to purchase a Purp Medic Companion for the Inc Heal bonus.

Ive been playing since before the first Event in betas, and I feel quite betrayed as an SW that already has a tough time in PvP (and Im very tanky)
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    regen was a hard stat to try and get, you had to make sacrifices to get it to maintain some sort of survivablilty and they pretty much ruined it. Its essentially useless.

How are you going to make a major stat be COMPLETELY reliant on a whole nother class? I dont even consider the out of combat healing to even be a thing, since you can just use potions anyway. The change on regen is just folly.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't recall them saying Incoming Heal Bonus would be canned, though the new Regeneration seems to some what cross over into it's place. Either way if incoming heal bonus stays the same and still works with lifesteal, it's still not a waste.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    regen was a hard stat to try and get, you had to make sacrifices to get it to maintain some sort of survivablilty and they pretty much ruined it. Its essentially useless.

How are you going to make a major stat be COMPLETELY reliant on a whole nother class? I dont even consider the out of combat healing to even be a thing, since you can just use potions anyway. The change on regen is just folly.

Speak for yourself. My HR has 2800 regen and it's saved her hide countless times. What did I sacrifice? Power, though at 6500 it's far from terrible. She's what I call the opposite of a "glass cannon". I've had groups in places like Karru or MC wipe on the 2nd boss and been able to keep the fight alive long enough for everyone else to regroup and get back in it.

In Tiamat, against that dragon breath, or when you're harrying and dodging four Legion Devils to keep them away from the cleric, regen is HUGE. What really twists my tail is the apparent pigeonholing to force us into DPS builds instead of letting us have the choice to be a CC/defensive/survival build instead.

Devs: do not do this to regen.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
This discussion has been closed.