test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Age and Platform Poll

kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
edited May 2017 in PvE Discussion
I am making this poll at @beckylunatic 's request. Please vote with your current age and platform. You can leave a comment with your specific platform if you wish, but all votes are anonymous.
My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
kuI2v8l.png

Age and Platform Poll 296 votes

Teen - 24 (PC)
12% 36 votes
Teen - 24 (Console)
2% 6 votes
25 - 34 (PC)
22% 66 votes
25 - 34 (Console)
8% 24 votes
35 - 44 (PC)
19% 57 votes
35 - 44 (Console)
10% 30 votes
45 - 54 (PC)
17% 52 votes
45 - 54 (Console)
3% 10 votes
55+ (PC)
3% 10 votes
55+ (Console)
1% 5 votes

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Thank you very much for taking the trouble of making it. :)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Thank you very much for taking the trouble of making it. :)

You're very welcome. I hope you get the data you wanted from the results. :)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    If the results support my hypothesis, great. If not, back to the drawing board. Science!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

If the results support my hypothesis, great. If not, back to the drawing board. Science!

Maybe after the data is collected, but wanna share your hypothesis?
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

What are we gonna do tonight, becky? NARF!
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I will come out of the shadows...48 pc. Played D&D throughout High School, actually read all of Tolkien (including The Silmarillian). Played WOW but love Neverwinter.
    dupeks said:

It'll support public feedback.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited May 2017

dupeks said:

It'll support public feedback.
    Hahaha. Hypothesis: forum population is not a bunch of snot-nosed entitled little chucklehats but instead skews older, which means we are seasoned with wisdom.

Follow-up: would you be able to tell by the way some of us behave? Sheesh...

Edit: I fully support your effort just having fun :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Weird, it looks like more PC players are checking this out than console players. I hope that doesn't mess up your results too much.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    niadan said:

I will come out of the shadows...48 pc. Played D&D throughout High School, actually read all of Tolkien (including The Silmarillian). Played WOW but love Neverwinter.

+1 to everything here except WOW. Also, 54.

Also, have to note that the fact the forums are on the PC probably skews the poll. Or is the forum available on console??
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

It's well known fact, that majority of mmorpg communities are players over 30 years old. Have seen similar pools in last 5 my played games. And results kinda similar.. :)
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I didnt see it originally, im assuming PC skews older then Consoles..

which also makes it harder to make a game that works for both well.. which is why I dont see, nor fail to see why adding consoles to a mmo, helps many on the PC world of side..

All those millions of dollars that came in? Did it make the game better in your eyes? not mine.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Console people on forums tend to stay in the one that matches their console so most of them may not even notice that this poll is here.

Forum users tend to be older - the younger crew is on twitter and other social media
    Post edited by ravenskya on
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    46 and console here.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    47 and console :wink:
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    ravenskya said:

Console people on forums tend to stay in the one that matches their console so most of them may not even notice that this poll is here.

Forum users tend to be older - the younger crew is on twitter and other social media

I'm going to poke Reddit people to answer and ask their guildies to check it out, and lots of them are console players. But please, circulate. The more answers, the better.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    niadan said:

I will come out of the shadows...

va8Ru.gif
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Pity I can't answer for my non-forum peeps.

You can add on to there for PS4 (only the guildies that I know their ages and know aren't on the forums)
    Teen-24: 1
    25-34: 3
    35-44: 7
    45-54: 2
    55+: 1
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    30/f PC :)
    My husband plays also if you want to collect his data since he doesn't do anything much on the forums.
    37/M PC :)
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• crymsonkyng#1923 crymsonkyng Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The majority of players in my guild are 28 plus. Few players in the alliance as a whole are younger than 25. There are a great many older gamers who choose console because we can't be arsed with pc gaming and it's foibles anymore.
  • crymsonkyng#1923 crymsonkyng Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    PS4 gamer btw
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I can see most of the players are having midlife crisis...lol..
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    tvcity said:

I think those experiencing mid-life crises frequent different types of websites. :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    I chose "35 - 44 (PC)" as I've played on PC the longest, since October 30th, 2012. I also play on PS4 and XBOX however.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    linaduin said:

tvcity said:

I think those experiencing mid-life crises frequent different types of websites. :)
    Speak for yourself - ha :D
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Perhaps you can gleam how many underage people are buying lockboxes lol
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    They do say a picture worth a thousand words, next poll on Instagram ! ;)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    The data in this poll is not even close to representing the population of this game. I bet there are more console players than PC. This info, at least player base by platform Cryptic should have on hand.