test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drop rate Dragon Hoard Coffers?

hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Okey so before I waste my life on these I thought its better to ask. Whats the freaking cooldown/droprate on these coffers for the weekly in the new zone?

Seems like the cooldown is like over an hour?
zebular wrote: »
Moderator Notice:
This thread is not about Dragon Hoard Enchantments. Please use this thread instead for such comments.

Please do not reply to this moderator notice. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!

Safe travels,
Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
ZengiaH@ejziponken
Post edited by hfgtfsdfs on

Comments

• Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The drop rate is terrible for me so far and with the weekly quest requiring 25 , it's gonna take forever to grind these out for multiple toons as well as trying to get enough for the tiamat fights .
    This part wasn't thought out very well in my opinion.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    The drop rate is terrible for me so far and with the weekly quest requiring 25 , it's gonna take forever to grind these out for multiple toons as well as trying to get enough for the tiamat fights .

Yeah Ive got like 3 the last hour. I'm not doing this everyday..
    So this is what the botters are gonna bot and sell now.. :P
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    anyone else spent a good amount of AD just to finish the quest?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The well of dragons weekly quest seriously needs a rethink .
    Of the 3 part requirement it requires 25 dragon coffers to be handed in .
    This is seriously OVERKILL , as it will take nearly a WEEK in itself to get these coffers when you have and attempt to run multiple toons ( the drop rate seems to be extremely LOW so far ).
    The fact that these coffers are also apparently "helpful" in the Tiamat fight means that we should be farming them for this , not a weekly quest .
    The grind just went into major overdrive .
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So shame the drop rate was reported a dozen of times a few weeks before release...
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited November 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    it's gonna take forever to grind these out for multiple toons as well as trying to get enough for the tiamat fights .
    This game hasn't been alt friendly for a long time buddy

As for the drop rate, do HEs, try to kill 10 dragons or more during the dragon event. I normally get great success on all dragons and get a dragon hoard coffer every couple of dragons.

I got over 33 in a day. I knew I needed the 25 by the end of the day so I was intentionally grinding for them.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

As for the drop rate, do HEs, try to kill 10 dragons or more during the dragon event. I normally get great success on all dragons and get a dragon hoard coffer every couple of dragons.

I got over 33 in a day. I knew I needed the 25 by the end of the day so I was intentionally grinding for them.

That's fine if you are only working a single toon , at the moment I am pushing 5 toons . To get 125 coffers is far TOO MUCH grinding ....
  • Options
    gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's not quick, but it's dooable. If you want to grind it out in one day, it can take a few hours per toon... but you have a whole week. I know that isn't in line with previous weekly quests, but seriously, how easy do you want it?
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why is the drop rate for dragon hoard coffer so low? Even if it's meant to be completed over a week while doing the dailies, it's not possible. I had 1 after clearing yesterday's dailies, another 1 after today's, then I spent another 2 hours just killing adds, and got another 1, for a grand total of 3!

Do they drop off HE? or adds?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    Why is the drop rate for dragon hoard coffer so low? Even if it's meant to be completed over a week while doing the dailies, it's not possible. I had 1 after clearing yesterday's dailies, another 1 after today's, then I spent another 2 hours just killing adds, and got another 1, for a grand total of 3!

they also drop in AH
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Some of us don't have that amount of time to play each day . . . hint, hint . . . casual gamer . . .

As a casual gamer, I guess I am beating the odds that some are reporting. I got 3 yesterday afternoon and 2 this morning. That is in about 1.5 hours of game play.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    simonec1simonec1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can we have 100% drop for them?
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    simonec1 wrote: »
    Can we have 100% drop for them?

Maybe just add a button so you get full legendary and every boon in the game??
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    the drop is horrible but i made over 400k because of these already so I won't complain :p
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Eventually caved and got them from the. They never seen to get that making the game a chore you pay to avoid playing is a bad idea.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't see a problem. I played for an hour last night and got 3. The problem is that they're just another **** item to fill up my inventory and I have to keep them around until it's time to turn them in.
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Add in that they removed all foundries that allowed players to manually grind their own refining stones, and mod 5 is a mess.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I got 3 doing the dailies on the one character I got around to taking into the new area last night and am reserving judgment until I see how it shakes out. It might be possible to get enough from natural drops if doing the dailies every day and a few heroics.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I feel like I missed a memo, where does it say what we need these coffers for? I was logged in for about an hour or so last night, did the new dailies, setup my feats, and had a lot of fun, got about 4 or 5 of those coffers to drop while doing the dailies.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    grimelrok wrote: »
    I feel like I missed a memo, where does it say what we need these coffers for? I was logged in for about an hour or so last night, did the new dailies, setup my feats, and had a lot of fun, got about 4 or 5 of those coffers to drop while doing the dailies.

Weekly quest you won't see until you go back for day 2.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited November 2014
    ahh ok, tyvm. Will see that later when I can login again after work. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    and btw, I have 3 toons that I play pretty evenly over time even though my TR has always been my main, to mix it up I have an HR and a GWF I enjoy playing, the campaign grinds were a bit of work and I'm way way behind on the icewind dale and dragons campaigns, but rotating 3 toons is enough work regardless of the new artifacts, I can't imagine 21 toons....wtf....must be for leadership AD farming which even setting that a few times a day in the craft panel on the gateway via web browser would get old fast for me.
  • Options
    wolhaiksong332wolhaiksong332 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107
    edited November 2014
    grimelrok wrote: »
    and btw, I have 3 toons that I play pretty evenly over time even though my TR has always been my main, to mix it up I have an HR and a GWF I enjoy playing, the campaign grinds were a bit of work and I'm way way behind on the icewind dale and dragons campaigns, but rotating 3 toons is enough work regardless of the new artifacts, I can't imagine 21 toons....wtf....must be for leadership AD farming which even setting that a few times a day in the craft panel on the gateway via web browser would get old fast for me.

Well no, only five of them even participate in leadership. I role play on all of them, so i have them working different professions. Some professions i dont even max out, because, frankly not everyone has the talent to be a master tailor, or have a master under their employ.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    oh in that case, just role play that most of them are poor and cannot afford better gear and don't worry about it and just focus on a few toons. :P
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    The problem is that they're just another **** item to fill up my inventory and I have to keep them around until it's time to turn them in.

They go in your regular inv? Not in the money/quest inv? That makes no sense. Do they stack?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »

Got one in the HE reward from a dragon, one from a normal mob, one in the lair boss fight but not sure from which monster.

Yes, they stack.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just run the Dragon Heralds HE ,it starts at 45 minutes past the hour and as long as you contribute a decent amount you seem to get one every dragon , I have got 15 today from about three hours play.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pmabraham wrote: »
    Add in that they removed all foundries that allowed players to manually grind their own refining stones, and mod 5 is a mess.

I think that most foundry quests are down right now, because of the new mod being released, all of my non-farming foundries are gone too
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    After a module launch, it always takes weeks for the foundry catalog to republish.

Neverwinter Census 2017