test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop rate Dragon Hoard Coffers?

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I have that thing too, already got a surgery on the right lung (2 right sided pneumothoraxes within 1 year), and if another pneuma happens with my left lung, I'm going to have another surgery. So, you're not alone, I hope you feel better now :)
    Oh man, sorry to hear. Thanks and my thoughts and well wishes are with ya!
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    People want to be able to complete it in 5 minutes. You know, like Dread Ring.

I want a Ferrari 250 GTO and free insurance and gas for life.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    People want to be able to complete it in 5 minutes. You know, like Dread Ring.
    I'm not saying that in the slightest. What I am saying is I'd like to be able to complete it during the same 1-2 hour play session that I do the rest of the dailies. Not have to spend countless hours per character, everyday, doing nothing else in game or in real life, to be able to complete it on more than a few characters every week. This quest clearly was not made with people in mind who have more than a few characters and can only play sporadically and only a few times a week. If repeat content isn't going to be feasible to do regularly by people with several or more characters, then we shouldn't be able to buy character slots.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    If repeat content isn't going to be feasible to do regularly by people with several or more characters, then we shouldn't be able to buy character slots.

Me not know much about dem MMOs but this seems a bit myopic. Character slots exist primarily so people can play a character for a while, then switch to a new character and play that for a while. I doubt Cryptic, or any MMO, caters heavily to people who play multiple characters all the time, and why would they? The insane amounts of time people spend on this game and their characters are only available to a very small group of people who spend more time playing than they do working and earning money to give to Cryptic. I ain't dissin those folks but folks who have multiple characters and can only play a few times a week aren't going to progress much anyway. An hour play session is barely enough time to run dailies if you're running more than one campaign.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My main complain is that I can't effectively do that weekly on multiple characters. In every other campaign (including ToD) I can do only weeklies to somehow progress through campaign, here it's just impossible.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Even the Culling the Cultists weekly, which requires a little more time investment than the dismissive "they want to finish it in five minutes", can be completed *for certain* by doing Ghost Stories once, or by doing Protect the Portal and any single campaign lair, or completed at a still-respectable rate of every other week by doing Protect the Portal twice.

What's the difference? You know exactly what you need to get done, but are not hampered by RNG or internal cooldowns on drops. Partying up makes it go faster for everyone rather than turning your cooperative gaming competitive because only one person gets the drop (the heck is up with putting that mechanic on a needed quest item anyway?).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Still waiting for challenging content that rewards the gear progression some of the more loyal players have invested....
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gwynny2 wrote: »
    It's not quick, but it's dooable. If you want to grind it out in one day, it can take a few hours per toon... but you have a whole week. I know that isn't in line with previous weekly quests, but seriously, how easy do you want it?

Once a game feels like "work," the incentive to stop playing grows exponentially. That happened with the dragon dailies in Mod 4 too. It's just that in previous modules, generally speaking, if you hit burnout, well, you could just switch to doing the weekly quest each week and maybe running the dailies for that day. You'd be behind people who relentlessly grind each day, but at least there was something to do, and you could go at your own pace.

For Mod 5, you don't really have that option. Casual play isn't supported for mod 5's content. And the big thing is, there's no justification for it. What purpose does it serve by forcing players to play for hours on end just to get through weekly content? If we were talking about artifact drops or something, that'd be a different issue, but this is "Hey, expect to do this every week." It shocks the conscience.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    My main complain is that I can't effectively do that weekly on multiple characters. In every other campaign (including ToD) I can do only weeklies to somehow progress through campaign, here it's just impossible.

People say that but in IWD their is no rep to be gained by the Weekly Biggrins the only way to get the rep is by doing the daily, so while you statement may be true for some campaigns it's not true for all. Also the Red Wizards weekly does not grant you Thayan Cipher's.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm having a weird moment where I think this reply looked like it was posted but disappeared due to a thread merge. Apologies if I'm just not seeing it and double-posted....

The structure in IWD is such that missing a day here and there isn't a serious impediment to getting through it, and the coins from Biggrin make up a lot of the ability to "buy" objectives as they unlock in the rep system. You are correct that it doesn't allow progression just from weeklies. Neither does any other campaign, really. What the weeklies typically do is allow you to make up time from not doing dailies every single day.

I know a lot of people moaned about the rep system because they were facing a minimum of 35 days to unlock everything, but I thought the structure provided a perfect balance of time-gating and being able to plan towards specific goals. I like that much better than sticking a 20-hour timer on campaign tasks.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm having a weird moment where I think this reply looked like it was posted but disappeared due to a thread merge. Apologies if I'm just not seeing it and double-posted....

The structure in IWD is such that missing a day here and there isn't a serious impediment to getting through it, and the coins from Biggrin make up a lot of the ability to "buy" objectives as they unlock in the rep system. You are correct that it doesn't allow progression just from weeklies. Neither does any other campaign, really. What the weeklies typically do is allow you to make up time from not doing dailies every single day.

I know a lot of people moaned about the rep system because they were facing a minimum of 35 days to unlock everything, but I thought the structure provided a perfect balance of time-gating and being able to plan towards specific goals. I like that much better than sticking a 20-hour timer on campaign tasks.

Agreed i do hate the 20hr timer also, it wouldn't be such of a nuisance if you could set them through the gateway, but as they are now if i forget to set it before i go to be there is no way to set it until i get home from work which sucks.

But more on topic the coffers drop rate i feel should be increased but they are defiantly not needed to "Grind" for. It is easy to acquire 25 of them from just running the normal dailies and doing a round of HE's in any given week.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The issue is, before, you could do weeklys even if you didn't have the time to do dailies every day. Thus, the relative investment between someone who spends 2 days a week and someone who spends 7 days a week was large, but not an enormous gulf.

With how things are now, you really have to play every day just to get the necessary coffers. Whether that means grinding or not is a matter of subjectivity.
    edited November 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    This thread is not about Dragon Hoard Enchantments. Please use this thread instead for such comments.

Please do not reply to this moderator notice. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • glaziusfglaziusf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So is it just me or is the big-ticket item from this weekly (9 fangs!) not actually worth a whole heck of a lot?

I mean, okay, it'll advance those two early 0/5 tasks pretty nicely, but after that it looks like you can only spend 3 a day, on a Tiamat key and a hoard treasure. And that's zone daily territory.
  • sbert12yellsbert12yell Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2014
    jwmouse wrote: »
    Coffers drop as intended. I got over 50 so far just doing dailies and dragons. So don't be so lazy and play the game.

Just because you're lucky with the drop rates doesn't mean everyone is.
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been doing the well of dragon dailies since mod 5 release every single day; I have TEN (10) coffers. The game continues to be more of a drag every day because the grinding in mod 5 is now horrendous.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Just log on at xx:45 of every hour and run the dragons.
    In two days I have gotten the 25 for the weekly mission as well as sold another 30 to the AH.

Wandering around for mobs to kill for em is useless.
    Just do the dragons and you get it done in a couple hours of play instead of days.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've found I've gotten a much, much higher rate of success when I kill mobs as part of a HE in WoD, as well as from drops themselves.

I'm not sure if just farming the same group of minion mobs over and over is an effective way to do this.

It might also explain why some people are adamant about getting drops quickly, and other people only see one or two a day.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As a casual player with a T1 horse, logging on every xx:45 to run dragons doesn't work for two reasons: 1) inability to be on when dragons are up, and 2) the dragons die before I can get to them due to the slow horse. I'm not about to invest money I don't have into a game based more and more on just grinding. Ironzerg, what does HE mean?
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A weekly quest shouldn't mean it takes a week to do it!
    Why not? What's the rush? You're doing dailies anyway and you don't need to do anything different to get the coffers.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    5 days of dailies and heroic encounters: 8 coffers
    Projected completion: Day 16
    two30 wrote: »
    This thread is going nowhere good. There are two irreconcilable groups: unlucky players who are frustrated and lucky players who are dismissive.

I was wrong, there are also trolls.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    its pretty normal (happened to me twice) that during dailies i drop only one coffer. we have new map well of dragons, but it dont mean it will be a priority grind there every day. people play more than one character, play gauntlgrym, arena, dungeons. neverwinter is not only well of dragons....
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Im doing 5 dragon every 2 hours every day.. i usually end up with about 12 coffers. Its not bad, it may need some tunes but overall it s fine
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Im doing 5 dragon every 2 hours every day.. i usually end up with about 12 coffers. Its not bad, it may need some tunes but overall it s fine

well you have plenty of time and consider NW transforming into WoD centric for you. is this really way for all? honestly, its not really famous gameplay this 5 dragons grind. with all these lags and dragons quick dies
    edited November 2014
    If the drop rate is fine, then why are they so overpriced on the AH? Why are all you who claim to be getting a ton not bringing the market down? Oh yeah, that's right.. there's a high demand for them because the drop rate is either terrible or bugged. I'm sorry, but for me and many others, the drop rate is far from fine.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    The well of dragons weekly quest seriously needs a rethink .
    Of the 3 part requirement it requires 25 dragon coffers to be handed in .
    This is seriously OVERKILL , as it will take nearly a WEEK in itself to get these coffers when you have and attempt to run multiple toons ( the drop rate seems to be extremely LOW so far ).
    The fact that these coffers are also apparently "helpful" in the Tiamat fight means that we should be farming them for this , not a weekly quest .
    The grind just went into major overdrive .

It's a weekly quest. I applaud Cryptic for making a quest that you get once a week take more than 10 min. to accomplish. Besides, once you've gathered them for the campaign advancement, it's also nice to know that they still have a use, and the quest still has a purpose (much like Arcane Reservoir / Fey Blessings).

I started the weekly on Wed. and had it done on the two toons I'm running though WoD last night. No serious grinding - just dailies and some semi-regular dragon killing (maybe 3-4 times / day).

Get 4+ / day if you're a regular player, and you're ahead of things.
    edited November 2014
    cdnbison wrote: »
    It's a weekly quest. I applaud Cryptic for making a quest that you get once a week take more than 10 min. to accomplish. Besides, once you've gathered them for the campaign advancement, it's also nice to know that they still have a use, and the quest still has a purpose (much like Arcane Reservoir / Fey Blessings).

I started the weekly on Wed. and had it done on the two toons I'm running though WoD last night. No serious grinding - just dailies and some semi-regular dragon killing (maybe 3-4 times / day).

Get 4+ / day if you're a regular player, and you're ahead of things.
    I've only been able to run WoD thrice. I've only gotten 10 coffers. That is not right.
    edited November 2014
    If the drop rate is fine, then why are they so overpriced on the AH? Why are all you who claim to be getting a ton not bringing the market down? Oh yeah, that's right.. there's a high demand for them because the drop rate is either terrible or bugged. I'm sorry, but for me and many others, the drop rate is far from fine.

Maybe because people are tremendously impatient and want a weekly quest that takes less then 10 min. to finish? The drop rate, IMO, is fine. I've finished the weekly on two toons, with a couple coffers left over, without playing 24/7. Do your dailies, run some heroics, kill some dragons, and you'll have 4+ each day - which is all you need for the quest.

The demand is there simply because people would rather pay AD than actually play the game and wait for them to drop.
    edited November 2014
    I've only been able to run WoD thrice. I've only gotten 10 coffers. That is not right.

3.33*7=23. Just about right. RNG luck is obviously not in your favor lately, but I was in a similar situation early on, too. Seemed like they would never drop. Then they did. I suspect by the end of 7 days of dailies and 2-3 dragon runs / day, you'll have 25. Crazy, I know, but sit back, and enjoy the content (or run eSoT / eLoL and enjoy the improved drop rate. ;-)
    edited November 2014
    cdnbison wrote: »
    3.33*7=23. Just about right. RNG luck is obviously not in your favor lately, but I was in a similar situation early on, too. Seemed like they would never drop. Then they did. I suspect by the end of 7 days of dailies and 2-3 dragon runs / day, you'll have 25. Crazy, I know, but sit back, and enjoy the content (or run eSoT / eLoL and enjoy the improved drop rate. ;-)
    That is a bit comforting to hear from you, so thank you. Alas, I am still quite displeased with the way this weekly was designed, in regards to completion. Especially for those of us who have several, if not more, characters we'd like to progress and are used to progressing at a similar rate with all other dailies and weeklies.