test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop rate Dragon Hoard Coffers?

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hitmark wrote: »
    So far the only HEs i have seen to drop coffers upon completion are the dragons, and then only by being antisocial and going directly for the Red rather than running with the zerg. Beyond that the only coffers i have seen have been random drops within the 10 min cooldown.

I've gotten coffers from all the HEs, big, medium and small.

Again, here's the mini-farming guide.

63H0hCV.jpg
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yesterday, I had the opportunity to run the dragon events multiple times... 25 dragons, not a single coffer. This morning, 5 dragons, not a single coffer. They either need to change the drop rate or the quest to make it doable once a week for those of us whose dice is very poor.
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why are coffers such a problem?
    Their drop rate is fixed and so can be planned: just log in every 15 min to get 1 and go on playing with other characters or doing other stuff.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't see the problem... I found 17 last night in 1.5 hours.

They were drops in the small HEs and standard combet.

I am sure I could have found more but I needed to do other things.

Urlord
  • zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Its not that I think the drop rate is low, but you do have to spend a lot of time doing HE's/dragon slaying or running around killing random stuff to find them. I gave up running alts a long time ago when I realized it was unrealistic given the amount of time I can put into the game. They are out there though, or you can always buy some from the auction house. You think 25 for a week is bad, I heard you are going to need 100 for 1 linu's favour and you need 15 of those to pick your off-hand lol.. maybe just level your alts one at a time instead of all at once.
    edited November 2014
    Personally I think the drop rate is too low considering one needs 25 of them per week. At best, I'm getting 1 to 2 per day. By the end of one week, I have anywhere from 5 to 10... maybe 13 if I got really lucky on rolls. I've been doing the dragon HE events as often as time permits, and most of the time... ZERO coffers from any of the dragons. They really need to change the quest from 25 per week to 5 OR dramatically increase the drop rate.

This game was actually enjoyable (less the pvp matching system which is still broken) in mod 4 compared to mod 5. mod 5 is just a grind fest.
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    K, Lads i decided to share my portion of sucess gathering coffers.

I do have 10 characters on account and 5 of em are ready to bust WoD for coffers. ICD of a coffer drop from a group of mobs is 8 minutes for a character from the drop of the first coffer and till another one drops again.

That's why it's convenient for me to grind em. and so i get 25 coffers in an hour on 5 characters total with 5 coffers per character respectively.

If u have one character or two it's harder but never the less u can get 2 coffers every 10 minutes wich is 12 coffers per hour of grind.

Having more time gives you more coffers if not making you bored like hell grinding em.

Good luck with getting those and remember, ICD on coffer is 8 minutes!
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually an ICD makes sense here, because I'm getting the first rather fast and then it stops for the rest of the dailies, more or less.
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Good luck with getting those and remember, ICD on coffer is 8 minutes!

Is it really 8m? It was said before that the ICD is 15m.
    Can smb confirm?
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've seen 8, 10 and 15 minutes suggested as the ICD. For me it feels like about 10 mins but it's hard to measure as there is no guarantee that it will drop immediately the ICD is done. Some days it seems I have to kill 10 or 12 mobs before getting the first one, other days it is immediate. And, of course, it is not officially confirmed that there is an ICD at all so there is no guarantee it will be consistent for everyone in all circumstances, or even the same from day to day. Having said that, I am now in the habit of killing until I get one then doing other stuff like HEs for at least 10 mins. I think I've collected about 110 since the launch of Mod 5 and more than half have come from the crazy dragonzerg donkey derby.
  • nolashmendesnolashmendes Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    its about 10 to 15 mins if i'm not wrong, i manage about 10 to 15 a day
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    its about 10 to 15 mins if i'm not wrong, i manage about 10 to 15 a day

This is completely off....I get a coffer every 2 to 3 mins, sometimes I get 2 back to back. I have sold about 200 of them, and given 50 to an alt, and I was gone all last week. I have been out there trying to farm with my Dragon's Hoard enchants.

Other people can pick them up, so you have to be alert, if someone comes up while you are killing mobs to "help" you, they are really trying to get the coffers.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hexanna22 wrote: »
    This is completely off....I get a coffer every 2 to 3 mins, sometimes I get 2 back to back. I have sold about 200 of them, and given 50 to an alt, and I was gone all last week. I have been out there trying to farm with my Dragon's Hoard enchants.

Are you by chance a CW or an SW? Just curious if more DPS = more coffers.
    I aim to misbehave
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is completely off....I get a coffer every 2 to 3 mins

Yeah. No.

15 mins is too much for ICD, pretty sure I just got two within 15.
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    Are you by chance a CW or an SW? Just curious if more DPS = more coffers.

I am a cw (that is pvp specced--so nto as high DPS as an AOE specced PVE CW) But that said I can kill a group of mobs really fast.

when coffers drop ANYONE can pick them up. They are not like our other drops where only we can pick them up, also if you are grouped, there are no rolls for them. So you need to go to a low populated instance so no one can swipe your coffers--or be super alert when they do drop.
  • vnrenshivnrenshi Member Posts: 64
    edited December 2014

Other people can pick them up, so you have to be alert, if someone comes up while you are killing mobs to "help" you, they are really trying to get the coffers.

please stop disseminating false or exaggerated information on coffers

you do not get a coffer every 2 to 3 minutes, in fact, nowhere close to that

i play a control wizard, and through about 50 hours of farming during which i kept track of average kills per minute vs drops of dragon hoard coffers, my results were a consistent 7 coffers per hour at a kill rate of 36 mobs per minute in the cult prison area of Well of Dragons, which in my experience has the fastest mob respawn rate and highest kills per minute capacity for my class and build.

i have never once in 50+ hours gotten coffers back to back from anything but heroic encounter rewards, with thousands of kills to my credit. So either the game has decided to favor you over everyone else, or you're drastically overestimating your results.
    edited December 2014
    vnrenshi wrote: »
    please stop disseminating false or exaggerated information on coffers

you do not get a coffer every 2 to 3 minutes, in fact, nowhere close to that

i play a control wizard, and through about 50 hours of farming during which i kept track of average kills per minute vs drops of dragon hoard coffers, my results were a consistent 7 coffers per hour at a kill rate of 36 mobs per minute in the cult prison area of Well of Dragons, which in my experience has the fastest mob respawn rate and highest kills per minute capacity for my class and build.

i have never once in 50+ hours gotten coffers back to back from anything but heroic encounter rewards, with thousands of kills to my credit. So either the game has decided to favor you over everyone else, or you're drastically overestimating your results.

Maybe, my drop rate is higher because I also wear Dragon Hoard enchants? And I am also farming hoard drops, so maybe pulling mobs in a different way? If it makes you feel any better, I have only pulled ONE belt in all the HEs and Dragons I have done, and my Hoard drop rate sucks even tho I have 12%
  • vnrenshivnrenshi Member Posts: 64
    edited December 2014
    it has nothing to do with hoard enchants, i'm at 8% and i have a very consistent 8 minute ICD on drops, farmed another 4 hours tonight with no difference in drop rates. it makes no difference how you pull mobs either.

bottom line is, your drop rate is not higher, though i'm not sure why you're trying to perpetuate your claims when every other person on this thread who has actually done some data collection seems to come to the same conclusion, that there is a definite cooldown on the drop of dragon hoard coffers................except you. which makes no sense

its far more likely that you're just making false claims for the sake of....well who knows why

but on to something more constructive

has anyone heard any announcements or hints on whether or not the drop rate on this is going to remain fixed, or be raised slightly in the future? the rumor mill has been churning in game, but i haven't heard anything definitive
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maybe, my drop rate is higher because I also wear Dragon Hoard enchants?

Well I got my laugh for the day.

No offense poster, just funny.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vnrenshi wrote: »
    it has nothing to do with hoard enchants, i'm at 8% and i have a very consistent 8 minute ICD on drops, farmed another 4 hours tonight with no difference in drop rates. it makes no difference how you pull mobs either.

bottom line is, your drop rate is not higher, though i'm not sure why you're trying to perpetuate your claims when every other person on this thread who has actually done some data collection seems to come to the same conclusion, that there is a definite cooldown on the drop of dragon hoard coffers................except you. which makes no sense

its far more likely that you're just making false claims for the sake of....well who knows why

but on to something more constructive

has anyone heard any announcements or hints on whether or not the drop rate on this is going to remain fixed, or be raised slightly in the future? the rumor mill has been churning in game, but i haven't heard anything definitive

May not be definitive, but as a source of research, I heard that they stated the drop rate would get a bump in one of the livestreams. Didnt hear first hand, just another rumor to research if anyones interested.
    edited December 2014
    "I get a coffer every 2 to 3 mins"

In my case, I feel good if I get one every 30 minutes... the drop rate is not consistent for everyone.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ya i would say this is a non issue, but the ability to turn in more then 25 at the wagon should be!
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    May not be definitive, but as a source of research, I heard that they stated the drop rate would get a bump in one of the livestreams. Didnt hear first hand, just another rumor to research if anyones interested.

I believe it was on last Friday's Neverwinter Adventure Hour where Akro mentioned the devs had heard about this thread and they are changing things. Well 2 things, the rate is being adjusted to drop more frequently and the number needed for the weekly is being lowered. How much? No idea. We will have to wait and see unless it is patched and on test right now.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Dragon Hoard Coffers have indeed been adjusted! We'll see this in a future patch on live if everything tests out okay. Right now, this is how it is in Preview:
    • Reclaiming the Hoard: The drop rate for the coffers has increased as well as the total amount required to complete the quest has been reduced to 14 from 25.
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    since they are usefull I am pretty sure they just added a internal cooldown on the coffers, it just doesnt drop after you got one for several minutes doesnt matter how many enemies you kill in the meantime. it is just an absurd, but not the last of <censored> moves they have made
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    14? O.o but you can drop them only 5 at a time... unless this changed as well...
  • arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same I am still only getting 1 coffer every 10 minutes from Mobs
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same I am still only getting 1 coffer every 10 minutes from Mobs

Yeap, me too.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    14? O.o but you can drop them only 5 at a time... unless this changed as well...
    14 was a typo in patch notes, it is 15. As for coffer drop rate, I'm getting more than one every 10 minutes at times. I actually just got two in the same battle. However, I have gone for 20 mins between drops. They seem more random now.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have the feeling the drop chance increased, but the ICD remained the same.

So you might get your first coffer a little more quickly, but you still have to wait ~8-10 minutes until you can get another one.