test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop rate Dragon Hoard Coffers?

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I get one, maybe two, coffers each round of dailies. Since I miss a day or two each week, it would take me a month to do the "weekly" quest. Ridicules. Less aggravating to just ignore the weekly quest and sell the coffers I have while the price is high.
  • allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The drop rate bothers me because I know much of the more casual player base will struggle to pick up enough coffers and end up completing the quest only once every two weeks. If you're willing to devote an hour or two to play AND have the time then it should be possible to knock out a weekly. I walk in both shoes. At times I have lots of play time and grind my ears off. Other times I have too many obligations and can only spare 1 hr or so in a day. I like to know that I'm not locked into a hidden time gate just to complete a simple 'gather resources, kill baddies' quest. Admittedly, most of the previous campaign weekly quests were a bit on the light side, but this one has taken the other extreme.

Maybe the amount of coffers needed should be reduced. Increasing(or fixing) the drop rate slightly shouldn't be too much to ask. Why not add a single coffer in the chest at the end of each daily lair (Drake Pens, Prison..)? There's 7 for your week in reasonable time spent. You already get some Coffers with Great Success in defeating dragons to help. A little tweaking to the normal NPC drops here or there would balance it out nicely.

I get the feeling that the drop rate on coffers is bugged though and will be fixed eventually. Don't count on those coffers being tradeable items for too much longer either. I can see them being bind to account, but not openly tradeable forever.
  • hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Really wish these things would drop from encounters, rather than have us run around slaughtering blindly.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hitmark wrote: »
    Really wish these things would drop from encounters, rather than have us run around slaughtering blindly.

They do drop from all the encounters. I've gotten 1-2 as encounter rewards.

In fact, I think farming encounters IS the way to get these the fastest, instead of just killing blindly.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Most people don't take more than 10-20 minutes to do dailies on a single character, that's 1 or 2 coffers per day, clearly, they won't have 25 by Saturday. So what's left? You spend an extra 50k on AH to get the rest of the coffers you need for your weekly or you go kill something every 10 mins in WOD until u get a drop and then wait another 10?

SO STUPID, just remove the ICD or make it reasonable to complete throughout a week of dailies...

It's like they're trying to make it as mind-numbingly boring and tedious as possible, I can't understand why they ALWAYS seem to pick mechanics that easily fall under that category..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The ICD is speculation. I've gotten 5 in 5 minutes doing the dragons. One from two dragons, two from one dragon and one on the ground.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If they wanted to make this realistic for casual players who cannot make every dragon event in WoD etc, then reduce the amount from 25 per week to 7 per week (1 per day).
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It will be great if they drop from major heroic encounters 100%
    I have 5 characters and just doing dailies gave my less than 50 ;/
    Most people dont have that much time to get 25 coffers ecery week.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    The ICD is speculation. I've gotten 5 in 5 minutes doing the dragons. One from two dragons, two from one dragon and one on the ground.

ICD is only for regular mobs. Dragon drops have no ICD for coffers. Confirmed that the ICD from mobs is 10 mins many times.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    izwor wrote: »
    It will be great if they drop from major heroic encounters 100%
    I have 5 characters and just doing dailies gave my less than 50 ;/
    Most people dont have that much time to get 25 coffers ecery week.

I am really biting my tongue not to flame you, but you have 5(!!!) toons, the vast majority of nvm only have 1 main toons, and yet you still expect cryptic to balance the game around your needs? Comeon... A lot of us actually enjoy that we for a change have a weekly(WEEEEEEKLY!!) quest that isnt doable in 5 minutes, but actually requires you to play the content a Little... I myself have done my dailies every day except the first day and sunday, and around 10-13 dragon rounds and maybe 5-6 normal HE, and turned in my coffers two times and still have 2 in my inventory currently...

Another fact is, you dont by any Means needs to do that weekly quest, i doubt personaly that i will do it Again, you need 40 fangs to unlock tiamat,and you get 3 each day for dailies, after that you need two a day for a key.... so you will pretty quickly be in a situation where your extra fangs are worthless..
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    that's 1 or 2 coffers per day, clearly, they won't have 25 by Saturday.

And don't forget that besides the weekly 25 you also have to save 1500 of them for Linu.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    If the drop rate is fine, then why are they so overpriced on the AH? Why are all you who claim to be getting a ton not bringing the market down? Oh yeah, that's right.. there's a high demand for them because the drop rate is either terrible or bugged. I'm sorry, but for me and many others, the drop rate is far from fine.

Please the Price is dropping fast atm, they are Down below 2k atm and dropping fast, basic supply and demand actually, the supply is a lot bigger than the demand, hence the Price is dropping fast...
    edited November 2014
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    And don't forget that besides the weekly 25 you also have to save 1500 of them for Linu.

Dont u get 1 linu favor every time you kill tiamat?
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not only is the drop rate ridiculous... but if you are teamed... only one person in the team gets the coffer, even if everyone in the team can see them.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Running the dailys I get 10-15 every day...

Just not much else
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

No it isn't. You're conflating a drop with a reward. There's a ten minute ICD on drops- but coffers awarded by HEs are not drops.

It's like running a DR lair, getting a pedidot proc from your hoard enchant from the boss/adds, and then opening a coffer and finding another one in there, mere seconds later. You haven't beaten the ICD, you just got a peridot from another source.

(Not sure if that made sense to you, but eh :D)
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    Not only is the drop rate ridiculous... but if you are teamed... only one person in the team gets the coffer, even if everyone in the team can see them.

We noticed this yesterday whilst in a team of two. We were wondering why I seemed to be getting all the coffer drops while the other got none. The next one that dropped I had the option of picking up but I left it and my team mate was able to pick it up. Of course, I don't know for sure that I could really have picked it up but it did offer me the option. So it seems you can ninja from your team mates! If this is correct then it seems a bit crazy, especially for something that does not bind.

Dunno if it makes a difference but we have the party loot setting set "Epic" so we don't get plagued by need/greed rolls.
    edited November 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    No it isn't. You're conflating a drop with a reward. There's a ten minute ICD on drops- but coffers awarded by HEs are not drops.

It's like running a DR lair, getting a pedidot proc from your hoard enchant from the boss/adds, and then opening a coffer and finding another one in there, mere seconds later. You haven't beaten the ICD, you just got a peridot from another source.

(Not sure if that made sense to you, but eh :D)

The point is, run the HE's. Randomly killing stuff ain't the way to do it.

I just turned in my 25 coffers today for this week's daily. I have 23 still left in my inventory.

If you want coffers, farm some HE's. They're all on a timer, so you know exactly when they're going to spawn. Here's the guide:

63H0hCV.jpg
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I had a guy not in my party take one from my mob drop, so it is ninjaable as far as i can tell.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree with ironzerg79. My dude has been exclusively in WoD for days. I just log in and sit there until dragonzerg time or I have time to run some encounters for fun. The rest of the time, I'm doing professions or just afk. Simply doing this, I finished my weekly coffer quota in like 3 or 4 days and have 13 gathered for next week. Dragons and encounters are the most reliable place to get coffers and they take so little time. It's all about timing.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    henry404 wrote: »
    We noticed this yesterday whilst in a team of two. We were wondering why I seemed to be getting all the coffer drops while the other got none. The next one that dropped I had the option of picking up but I left it and my team mate was able to pick it up. Of course, I don't know for sure that I could really have picked it up but it did offer me the option. So it seems you can ninja from your team mates! If this is correct then it seems a bit crazy, especially for something that does not bind.

Dunno if it makes a difference but we have the party loot setting set "Epic" so we don't get plagued by need/greed rolls.

I typically run quests with one of my guildmates... and we noticed this last week. And we have the team loot set the default... uncommons...

And on a side note, the Cult Messengers are the same... they can be ninja'ed as well... if you fight them, subdue them, and then get caught up in a nearby mob that aggro's then someone can come up behind you and ninja the messenger... very fustrating :(
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The point is, run the HE's. Randomly killing stuff ain't the way to do it.

The HEs are great, yes. However, "randomly" killing stuff also works well, if you have a few characters- just park them all in WoD. As soon as one gets a coffer drop, switch to the next- and so on. Rotating through them is a bit of a pain, but it's faster than the HEs.. though obviously without the chance of artifacts.

(I got three artifacts and finished the weekly on two characters at the weekend.. a bit sick of WoD now!)
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok, now I did *ALL* the dailies for a *WEEK*, plus a few dragon herald runs, and got 9 total coffers -.-
    edited November 2014
    Ok, now I did *ALL* the dailies for a *WEEK*, plus a few dragon herald runs, and got 9 total coffers -.- -.-

You may be an outlier- I got at least twice that in one day.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yep i got my 25 in two days of playing. actually i think 17 of them were in one day.
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Some people are lucky with drops; a guild mate got 75 the first week; I got 13. Today, three dragon events, 15 dragons, no coffers. Given the current poor drop rate (for at least some of us if not many), the quest should be adjusted to seven per week.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    You may be an outlier- I got at least twice that in one day.

Nope, ran all the dailies again, 2 minor HEs and 1 medium, got 1 more coffer... I'm at 10 coffers now -.-
  • gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I easily completed my weekly, and gave excess coffers to my guild mates who were still struggling with getting it sorted. The reason why they are so expensive on the AH is because some people have figured it out, and some haven't. Some things I've learned about Dragon Hoard Coffers:

1. The best way to get them is by doing Heroic Encounters and Dragons in WoD (basically any encounter on the circular stone areas).

2. If you're in a group, other people can loot the coffers UNLESS you have your loot set to Round Robin (this keeps others from ninjaing your coffers, we've tested it extensively).

The drop rate initially seems pretty horrible (until you learn the tricks), and yeah it's not easy to complete within five minutes like a lot of other weekys... but it's totally dooable. Do the Dragon races at a quarter till the hour. At 5 after the hour, do the Heroic Encounters. At 25 after the hour, do another round of Encounters.

Rinse, repeat as you have the time or inclination.
  • hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So far the only HEs i have seen to drop coffers upon completion are the dragons, and then only by being antisocial and going directly for the Red rather than running with the zerg. Beyond that the only coffers i have seen have been random drops within the 10 min cooldown.
    edited November 2014
    hitmark wrote: »
    So far the only HEs i have seen to drop coffers upon completion are the dragons, and then only by being antisocial and going directly for the Red rather than running with the zerg. Beyond that the only coffers i have seen have been random drops within the 10 min cooldown.

You get 1 or 2 gtd. coffers if you get great succes on dragons, a normal encounter completed can also Award them just at a much lower rate. If i need coffers and there is a zerg train at the White dragon, i normaly just start at green(thats the second one i think) kill that go to zerg train to Black, skip the blue and go straight to red, that is 2 great succes gtd and coffers in the bank:)