test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop rate Dragon Hoard Coffers?

Comments

• pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's called a " weekly " quest as it is only generated once every seven days , ie NOT a DAILY quest .
    How long does the weekly sharandar / dread zone take to complete - 10 mins max .
    So this quest was not thought out adequately enough ( the coffers will also be required for the tiamat fights to try to get better drops ) , so why waste what little you get on a weekly quest to take a max of 2 days off the tiamat campaign entry requirements ?

For those running multiple toons through this campaign 25 coffers per toon is a massive amount of grinding required .
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    Does that work? Logout then back in resets cooldown?

off course it dont work, tested it even with switch chars
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    It is a weekly quest and people are freaking out over the drop rates. Just relax and gain them slowly each day as you complete the dailies. Not really that big a deal to me. So much "gnashing of teeth" over something that seems pretty small, even to a casual gamer like me.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

And, like others said, you can always buy them on the AH if patience is not one of your virtues. I've been selling all of mine on the AH as soon as they drop. :)

point is dailies are finished at 30 min rate. and you can get 1-2 coffers in that time. so it dont match. you need running around and grinding
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I understand this is a weekly quest but goodness sakes, by Mystryl... these things need to drop more often. I played for almost 2 hours and only got 6. 1 hour of that was non-stop killing. I'd like to be able to complete the quest during the same round of daily quests that day. Not have to work at it every day and hope I get enough by week's end.

What if someone only gets to play once a week? You're forcing them to either pay overpriced AH prices or not complete the quest that week.

Up the drop rate, please! It should be completable during a play session of a few hours.

• mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This game is definitely not for people that play 1 hour/week. It is for people playing 4-6 hours/day EVERY DAY.
    If you play < 4 hours/day you need to compensate by spending real money.
    Anyway most people can earn more real money/hour, than stuff you get in game for 1 hour, so it is always matter of what you enjoy doing.
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    This Quest is fine due it is a weekly one. You have full 7 days to get 25 coffers... more if you farm dragons and get Great Success, which usually gives 1 coffer or 2 if you get 5 Great Success

Again you miss the point .
    With the quest the coffers have a dual role in this campaign .
    They are to be used in the Tiamat fight in order to give you increased odds of getting a good drop .
    If it takes so long to get 25 in order to do this quest , this reduces the amount available for farming Tiamat ( we don't know how many will be required per fight ) .
    Also for the casual player and those running many toons , they will / are forced to turn to the AH or just take forever to be at a stage to have any any chance whenever they actually get to Tiamat .

The point of a weekly quest is to be given out once a week ( and assist with the campaign as dread ring and sharandar can actually do ) , NOT actually TAKE a week to complete .

After all you can kill the required amount of mobs ( 25 of each ) within 20 mins , so why take another couple of hours ( if you're lucky ) of grinding in order to complete the quest ?
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    3 days of Well of Dragons dailies (plus various Heroic Encounters): 4 Dragon Hoard Coffers

Projected completion of "Reclaiming the Hoard" weekly quest: Day 19
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    Again you miss the point .
    With the quest the coffers have a dual role in this campaign .
    They are to be used in the Tiamat fight in order to give you increased odds of getting a good drop .
    If it takes so long to get 25 in order to do this quest , this reduces the amount available for farming Tiamat ( we don't know how many will be required per fight ) .
    Also for the casual player and those running many toons , they will / are forced to turn to the AH or just take forever to be at a stage to have any any chance whenever they actually get to Tiamat .

The point of a weekly quest is to be given out once a week ( and assist with the campaign as dread ring and sharandar can actually do ) , NOT actually TAKE a week to complete .

After all you can kill the required amount of mobs ( 25 of each ) within 20 mins , so why take another couple of hours ( if you're lucky ) of grinding in order to complete the quest ?

Because it is actually fun to have something in the game that isnt instant gratification, but something you actually have to Work for?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Because it is actually fun to have something in the game that isnt instant gratification, but something you actually have to Work for?
    I'm sorry but being forced to either buy off the AH or do a weekly quest once every few weeks is not my idea of fun. As I said earlier (in a now merged thread), it should be completable during the same round of dailies on that day it is taken. We don't all get to play for hours and hours everyday and then have to spend most of that farming these coffers for a weekly quest. That leaves little room for anything else, real world or fantasy.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know what you are complaining about.

I did the dailies Tuesday night, Wednesday, and today before the patch, and I already acquired about 35 coffers. (And no I didn't buy any of them.) I handed in 25 of them for the weekly quest completion. I did several of the HE's, as well as running around killing dragons. Maybe that is the problem - are people not doing the other HE's besides killing dragons? The other HE's, drop quite a few coffers because there are so many mobs in all of them.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    so yesterday I posted I did not know what "Dragon Hoard Coffers" were.

Last night between 6:00 PM and 10:00PM (with long breaks) I found 12.

The drops may have been increased
    edited November 2014
    urlord283 wrote: »
    so yesterday I posted I did not know what "Dragon Hoard Coffers" were.

Last night between 6:00 PM and 10:00PM (with long breaks) I found 12.

The drops may have been increased
    I played earlier this morning, from 3am to 5am my time (EST) and only got 6. The second hour of that was non-stop killing, during which, I only got 2.
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If the decrease the ICD for coffer drops to something more reasonable say 5 mins, it would not be such a chore. With it at 15mins between drop, it is quite a feat to get a decent amount of coffers. 25 x 15 = 375 mins, it what they expect you to play to complete this quest. So 6.25 hrs of gameplay per week to accomplish a quest.

Although this does not take into account coffers received from dragon herald kills. It is technically possible to get 1 coffer per herald kill, tho very unlikely since the coffer drop seems to share the same spot as the random 60 blue, T1 BoE, Artifact slot.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I played earlier this morning, from 3am to 5am my time (EST) and only got 6. The second hour of that was non-stop killing, during which, I only got 2.

I don't understand the problem. You spent 2 hours and got 8 coffers. If the average holds up, you'll have enough in 3 days. What's the big deal?
    edited November 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    I don't understand the problem. You spent 2 hours and got 8 coffers. If the average holds up, you'll have enough in 3 days. What's the big deal?
    No, I spent 2 hours and got 6 coffers. First hour, I got 4. Second hour I got 2. I only get enough time to actually "play" once or twice a week. So, in about 2-5 weeks, I'll be able to do one weekly. Fun...
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you can get the coffers by doing the HE's you can solo,got 15 of the 25
    and in less than a hour I got 3 to 4
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The drop rate and/or ICD need to be tweaked, but I disagree with Zeb that we should expect to finish this weekly the day we get it.

I know that's the model with previous weeklies such as Portal to Tuern, Arcane Reservoir and Red Wizards, but I appreciate this weekly being cumulative over your week's gameplay.

That said, it should be easy to get 5 coffers during normal daily gameplay, so it's reasonable to finish the weekly and still take a day off. ;)

Have a guaranteed coffer in the daily lair chest (I assume there's a daily lair; I've only done the intro quests on everyone). Give a guaranteed coffer with Great Success on any zone Heroic. Or just decrease the ICD to 7.5 - 10 minutes so one only grinds for 30 minutes or so to get 5.
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I guess it boils down to "how much grind is acceptable to you?"
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Coffers do need to drop more often or this "internal cool down" to something like 10 minutes. One should be able to complete a weekly quest quite comfortably without a need to stop and grind. At the pace I'm going for example - I am getting 3 coffers per day doing 1 herald per character. 3 hours a day on a character doing OTHER daily's and OTHER stuff I'll be very lucky to get this weekly done and enjoy the game at the same time.

Not asking it to be able to get all 25 in 10 minutes of work like some people think. Just something more reasonable, not everyone has 1 character and is at their pc 24/7 or even 12/7.
  • vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Its a weekly NOT a daily, it isnt difficult.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    feel me?

/10char
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    No, I spent 2 hours and got 6 coffers. First hour, I got 4. Second hour I got 2. I only get enough time to actually "play" once or twice a week. So, in about 2-5 weeks, I'll be able to do one weekly. Fun...

Well, at that rate, it'll take you 3-7 weeks to do a "weeks worth of dailies" so I would guess that's about right :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    But that's not really fair, Zerg. Having a quickly completed weekly for Shar, DR (to a lesser degree), and IWD was a big saving grace for people who couldn't do all the dailies every day, allowing them to make up some progress each week and stretch out the campaign by a few weeks without making the amount of time it would take triple or more.

It just seems a bit silly to be throttled as much as it is without having to make sure that you're on at a time that you can try to farm them from dragon heroics.

(Haven't played in new zone enough to see what the drop rate from the little heroics is like.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Well, at that rate, it'll take you 3-7 weeks to do a "weeks worth of dailies" so I would guess that's about right :)
    The dailies don't bother me as they are quick and fun and if I still have time, I can hit up some ToD quests for Campaign progress. The weekly in WoD though is the killer.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    really don't see a problem here.

I got about 10 the first day, in 2-3 hours of play

got another 13 the 2nd day, in 2 - 2.5 hrs

on 3rd day got 2 quickly in the time it took to do the dailies and turned them in. bam done, in 3 days of only a few hours each day.

3 days of light play to do a 7 days quest? WAI/thread
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This thread is going nowhere good. There are two irreconcilable groups: unlucky players who are frustrated and lucky players who are dismissive.

Coffers are 4-5k AD in the Auction House, so the opportunity cost of the quest is currently 100k+ AD.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If the intent is that this should be a quest a player gets once a week, and can be completed that same day in about the time they run the other dailies, then this fails at that task. If the devs are, instead, taking the approach that this is a once-a-week quest that should take a week of casual play to complete, then they are about spot-on. The Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, and ToD week quests were ones that can be completed easily in one sitting without excessive grinding, so the question should be about intent...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited November 2014
    does it matter? it's a weekly quest you can complete easily in less than half that time, with light play. move on.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    does it matter? it's a weekly quest you can complete easily in less than half that time, with light play. move on.

Let's say that you can complete the quest by only playing an hour a day. Now what happens if you are only able to play an hour or 2 a week, total? It now becomes very difficult for a casual player to make meaningful progress in the campaign. The same is not the case for the other campaign's weekly quests, and unfairly excludes those casual players. If the devs want to be inclusive of this demographic, then the quest needs a rethink.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited November 2014
    if you can only play 1-2 hours a week it will take..... longer. and? still not seeing the problem here. you can take 8 days, or 10 or 12 to finish the quest, you won't break it. you just can't complete it more than once per week - hence "weekly"... should someone who only plays 1-2 hrs per week be able to keep up with players who put in 8-10hrs a week or more? why?

for multiple chars, OK people won't easily be able to keep up in the campaign with 3-4 characters (or more) unless they devote a ton of time. so? for a single character, or even 2, it shouldn't present too much of a roadblock. I'm a very casual player (my MMO standards), 1-2 hour sessions, 5-6 days per week, some weeks less, some much less (like zero) depending on what's going on in my life. yes, I have one of those.... I long ago gave up trying to keep more than 1 char current, as of IWD. too much grind.