test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop rate Dragon Hoard Coffers?

Comments

• lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After a module launch, it always takes weeks for the foundry catalog to republish.

This. The previous mods also had the same bug. And we all know what the lifetime of a bug is here in NWO.
  • wolhaiksong332wolhaiksong332 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107
    edited November 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    You run dailies on 21 characters AND find time to roleplay them AND (apparently) do other things that you need to be "competive" at (pvp? DDs?) all in a single hour per week? Based on this, if you're "competitive" on even a SINGLE character at this point, it means you've invested vast sums of $$ because, in a single hour per week, you cannot even remotely have any significant in-game income.

If you're willing to have heretofore invested $$ to be "competitive" in mod4, then what you'd need to invest in mod5 is comparatively small, so I'm not sure I understand what the issue is.

Well sure, this week it's just 25 dragon coffers. Next week, it'll be 32 lizard talismans. It adds up.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unless they've changed since Preview the drop rates are low but perfectly adequate. Bear in mind you have whole week to collect them and can do so while doing other dailies in the zone.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unless they've changed since Preview the drop rates are low but perfectly adequate.

In 7 days of dailies on Preview, I received 3 coffers. That was extremely inadequate.

However, on Live, I have received 3 coffers in two days of dailies. That's still inadequate, but also too small of a sample size.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I played last night and ran all the Dragon dailies and went to the new place and ran the Dread Ring main daily...

I did not get one dragon coffers or do I know what they are or what they are for... what are they?
  • khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    In 7 days of dailies on Preview, I received 3 coffers. That was extremely inadequate.

However, on Live, I have received 3 coffers in two days of dailies. That's still inadequate, but also too small of a sample size.
    I received 20, several last night before bed, then the rest this morning. The dragon fights have a chance to drop them each time you kill one, so if you are in on killing all 5 you can, albeit small chance, get 5 from them. Besides, you have 7 days to collect them. Just doing normal dailies will likely get you 25 in a week.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just turned in 10 in doing just the 2 days of dailies.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have spent less than 30 minutes in WoD since it launched -- I already have somewhere around 15 of those things from doing the 2 dailies yesterday, but not the lair and then a couple Dragon HEs but nothing else, and then the lair this morning and a single random HE but nothing else. (I don't have much time to actually play M-W typically). They drop even when the weekly isn't active, and you can use the ones you've collected when you DO get the weekly AND they're considered Treasure so you can sell them if you want instead of doing the weekly. Personally, I think that's pretty darn awesome. I expect that to change eventually with those becoming BoP items... but I happen to like how they did it personally and while no, you don't get them on every drop, you DO get them from HEs (I've only gotten Great Success so far... so maybe they don't drop in EVERY one??), so it seems to me doing a farming run for HEs is the way to go since they drop from the mobs AND the rewards.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    khaymanbb wrote: »
    Besides, you have 7 days to collect them. Just doing normal dailies will likely get you 25 in a week.

Well, at the rate I'm receiving them, it will take 17 days. However, I mentioned it was a small sample size. Other posters seem to have better luck than me.

Since it's luck-based and rewards grinding rather than skill, it's poor design. Hmm, I think I've seen that sentence before.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    interestingly enough if you are in a party when one drops everyone can see it and only one person can pick it up.

That mechanic is used for the yeti treat, where it actually kinda makes sense. I can see it being... um, quite irritating... with something everybody actually really needs.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I got 12 just doing Dailies yesterday on one alt. However, I do kill everything I see, and pick up all junk.
    I also got 2 from HEs.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah it's too much. Epic HEs dropping Coffers offers some help, but the current zergfest makes the Heralds a very unreliable source.

On the other hand: You can't complete one campaign taks per day so what? I'm actually not even sure you need to unlock the Tiamat fight.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know if anyone has posted about this, but don't do the wells in a group if you want the coffers. They don't just drop for you, or for your teammate. Everyone can see it, and people snipe them. So if you want to get more just go solo. I believe there is an internal cooldown or drop rate because if you hunt with someone, you will find them nearly at the exact same interval everytime. So after you find one, you can go do an HE or something, then back to solo kill a little and your timer will be back.

I have never heard of anyone finding two back to back or not in an incremental amount of time. Hope that helps
  • tribulationxtribulationx Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2014
    I've done about 15 HEs over the last 2 days and have never gotten a coffer drop, even when I solo them and get great success. The dragons never drop coffers, for me. The only luck I've had is mindlessly running around this enormous map and killing every single thing I see...get about 1 coffer per 30 minutes that way.

The drop rate for this quest is abysmal. Please increase the drop rate, or reduce the amount needed to like 15.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Only time I have is when one dropped while I was doing an HE and then I got one from the HE reward... I don't like doing dailies in a team anyway -- to much trouble worrying about making sure team members are done with this or that task. I like teaming on some things, but typically for PvE zone/quest content, I prefer solo'ing those.
  • thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also: Content in the WoD is hard, but theoretically Hoard Coffers ARE bottable and they are going for 5-6k per in the AH currently.
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I guess I got most of mine from the mobs around the Invincible guy...I just read in zone chat, that is a fast way to get them, and I did spend 10 mins or so 2 times yesterday trying with a group to complete it. I also do dailies between pvp matches so I don't notice drop rate as much.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    haven't had a chance to really play the new mod yet, likely wont until the weekend :( but i did do a little testing on preview last weekend. got like 5 of them from random drops of mobs in the new zone, while testing out builds.

what are they actually used for though, i thought they were just a new treasure piece
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    haven't had a chance to really play the new mod yet, likely wont until the weekend :( but i did do a little testing on preview last weekend. got like 5 of them from random drops of mobs in the new zone, while testing out builds.

what are they actually used for though, i thought they were just a new treasure piece

They're used for Elminster's weekly mission: kill 25 dragon cultists, 25 Thayans and collect 25 dragon hoard coffers. At the rate they drop, you -might- get all 25 in a week of doing missions.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The drop rate is just a bit low.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm wondering if there's some sort of cool down, I seem to have beeter luck getting them when timing out or swapping characters. It could be coincidence. I have 19 atm and want to get quite a few more so that I have enough for when i come back after being away for a week. Missing out on dailies ftl :c

Edit: ok after a ring of drakes I now have 22 :D
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As far as I can tell so far, they seem to have an ICD of around 15mins. I was basically grinding mobs non-stop between waiting for the heralds to spawn and I could only get a drop coffer to drop in that time frame.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dragon coffer is just system to make us grind without even know it lol
  • sapientsatissapientsatis Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Those coffers definitely have a cooldown.
    Solution: kill pack of mobs, logout, login, kill pack of mobs. It takes only 25 relogs to aquare coffers for weekly quest :D

Nice mechanics, Cryptic, very nice indeed. You surpassed yourself with Mod 5. Been playing since june 2013 and and this module exels everything you did before with bugs, lags, broken classes and grinding. Looks like people don't know yet that you forced ALL of them to gring draconic coins to get a chance for good loot from Tiamat lol
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They are not bound ... So if you are lazy enough you can buy them soon or later.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    The well of dragons weekly quest [...]
    it will take nearly a WEEK in itself to get these coffers

Might be the reason why it's called a weekly quest that you probably should not solve within 20 minutes.
    Excuse me, just my thoughts on this.
    And it does not TAKE a week, it only might LAST for a week. There's a difference, I think.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Drop rate is awful. But it is a weekly quest so if you go in every day to do the dailies, chances are fair you will have all 25 by the seventh day.
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Those coffers definitely have a cooldown.
    Solution: kill pack of mobs, logout, login, kill pack of mobs. It takes only 25 relogs to aquare coffers for weekly quest :D

Does that work? Logout then back in resets cooldown?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It is a weekly quest and people are freaking out over the drop rates. Just relax and gain them slowly each day as you complete the dailies. Not really that big a deal to me. So much "gnashing of teeth" over something that seems pretty small, even to a casual gamer like me.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

And, like others said, you can always buy them on the AH if patience is not one of your virtues. I've been selling all of mine on the AH as soon as they drop. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."