test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop rate Dragon Hoard Coffers?

Comments

• ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The drop rate and/or ICD need to be tweaked, but I disagree with Zeb that we should expect to finish this weekly the day we get it.

I know that's the model with previous weeklies such as Portal to Tuern, Arcane Reservoir and Red Wizards, but I appreciate this weekly being cumulative over your week's gameplay.

That said, it should be easy to get 5 coffers during normal daily gameplay, so it's reasonable to finish the weekly and still take a day off. ;)

Have a guaranteed coffer in the daily lair chest (I assume there's a daily lair; I've only done the intro quests on everyone). Give a guaranteed coffer with Great Success on any zone Heroic. Or just decrease the ICD to 7.5 - 10 minutes so one only grinds for 30 minutes or so to get 5.

You do realize a weekly is that you get the quest once a week, not take a full week (and then some) to complete?

Right now the only way to reasonably get them is by completing dragon HE's. The drops from killing mobs is inadequate.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    really don't see a problem here.

I got about 10 the first day, in 2-3 hours of play

got another 13 the 2nd day, in 2 - 2.5 hrs

on 3rd day got 2 quickly in the time it took to do the dailies and turned them in. bam done, in 3 days of only a few hours each day.

3 days of light play to do a 7 days quest? WAI/thread

People want to be able to complete it in 5 minutes. You know, like Dread Ring.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Right now the only way to reasonably get them is by completing dragon HE's. The drops from killing mobs is inadequate.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!

Do the HE's!
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    the drop rate should stay as it is or go even lower, the coffers are good AD
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well sure, this week it's just 25 dragon coffers. Next week, it'll be 32 lizard talismans. It adds up.

That is a good point.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    No, I spent 2 hours and got 6 coffers. First hour, I got 4. Second hour I got 2. I only get enough time to actually "play" once or twice a week. So, in about 2-5 weeks, I'll be able to do one weekly. Fun...

I get it, I only have time to play an hour or two per day max, but even if you only play twice one week and once the next, you'll still have it in what, a week and a half? I really don't see the problem, even for casual players like me. We are now on what... the fourth day after launch, and I have turned in 15 coffers. I've been spending a lot more time than usual, but that doesn't seem like a low drop rate to me. Dragons drop them too.

Believe me, it's fine with me if they want to up the drop rate but I don't find it excessively low. The other quests give plenty of the currencies needed to advance the campaign too.
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited November 2014
    hellow fellow players how do you like ur NEW JOBS ? who said this a game of fun , is a game of GRIND enjoy working on ur NEW JOBS !!! :cool:
    Sarcasm included ofc.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    I get it, I only have time to play an hour or two per day max, but even if you only play twice one week and once the next, you'll still have it in what, a week and a half? I really don't see the problem, even for casual players like me. We are now on what... the fourth day after launch, and I have turned in 15 coffers. I've been spending a lot more time than usual, but that doesn't seem like a low drop rate to me. Dragons drop them too.

Believe me, it's fine with me if they want to up the drop rate but I don't find it excessively low. The other quests give plenty of the currencies needed to advance the campaign too.

you are really lucky with that drop rate, i've only gotten 10 spending 1 hour a day on my main there. The drop rate needs to go higher in able to be properly enjoyed. An increased ICD of the coffers dropping is a great start.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think dailies in general whould take no more than 20 mins each day, it's not supposed to fill your WHOLE day, we all have other things we want to do. dungeons, pvp, foundry, skirmishes, professions, etc.
    The weekly quest takes a long time to do, but at least for me, I get around 5-7 per day by playing a few hours, so it should be done by the week. I still think the drop rate should be higher.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Dragons Spawn Once an Hour at :45 after the hour in every INSTANCE AT THE SAME TIME. It is not a random spawn you know when it will be and where they spawn, be there and lo and behold you can kill a dragon or 5

I killed about ten of these dragons yesterday and got no coffers at all. Maybe just unlucky, or in too big of a zerg pack, but it did very little for my progress or my impressions.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i can reach 25 coffers just doing dragons...it's really reasonable
    it's weekly ffs
  • jwmousejwmouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited November 2014
    Coffers drop as intended. I got over 50 so far just doing dailies and dragons. So don't be so lazy and play the game.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jwmouse wrote: »
    Coffers drop as intended. I got over 50 so far just doing dailies and dragons. So don't be so lazy and play the game.

And what about people who are playing the game but getting nothing? Seems a bit messed up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And what about people who are playing the game but getting nothing? Seems a bit messed up.

i dont know i really dont have any problems on any of my toons.
    even without getting great success, coffers occasionally drop. Great success usually means getting 2 coffers tho
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    just doing the dailies I get 4 or 5 per day...so weekly is easy just doing the dailies...but most people are accustomed to the weeklies where it can be done in a half hour or less...I for one am glad it can't be done in a half hour or less...many things are too easy as it is
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Looks like there's 10-20 minutes ICD. You get one coffer from a random mob you kill, then you get nothing for said amount of time, then again a random mobs drops the coffer.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i dont know i really dont have any problems on any of my toons.
    even without getting great success, coffers occasionally drop. Great success usually means getting 2 coffers tho

yeah i usually get like 3 coffers from one 5 dragon roundabout, if i dont even get great success, with great succes its more. plus a few here and there ull get from killing mobs, its fairly easy to get like 5 coffers in around half an hour if u time it with the dragon hes.

I personally am already just 10 coffers short for next mondays weekly.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I already got 25 for the weekly task. The Heralds are a very good source, I get 3-4 per round. Just doing the dailies and 1-2 Heralds rounds a day is enough.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i can reach 25 coffers just doing dragons...it's really reasonable
    it's weekly ffs

sir i could not have said it better lol
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I get enough from doing the dragon rotations, doing random minor HE's in the zone and dailies.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jwmouse wrote: »

I did all the dailies twice and got 4 coffers so far. This way even if I do all the dailies every day (a thing i'm definitely not planning on doing for long) i won't have enough coffers... something is wrong by design, unless i'm supposed to just farmkill stuff for drops.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you are really lucky with that drop rate, i've only gotten 10 spending 1 hour a day on my main there. The drop rate needs to go higher in able to be properly enjoyed. An increased ICD of the coffers dropping is a great start.

Your drop rate is higher than mine! I've probably spent 10 hours for 15 coffers. You've spent 3 hours and gotten 10!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    If you're all getting so many of these, please sell them at a reasonable price for us less fortunate folks. Just saying.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My view on the coffers:
    • time between drops: 10 minutes
    • if you do not pick up your drop (or happen to not see it) you won't get another drop for 10 minutes, even if you do not pick it up
    • if you pick up your drop after e.g. 4 minutes the "drop rate timer" does not reset. Meaning, you will get your next drop after another 6 minutes
    • we could not get better drop rates in a group, meaning I would recommend to stay alone for farming coffers
    • change from toon to toon for drops, makes it faster in the end
    • I have not yet tested the "relog 25 times" theory mentioned earlier. I only tested if for a short time, and to me it did not hold true. Let me know if you have an opinion on this.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No, I spent 2 hours and got 6 coffers. First hour, I got 4. Second hour I got 2. I only get enough time to actually "play" once or twice a week. So, in about 2-5 weeks, I'll be able to do one weekly. Fun...

Oh, wow, Zeb. I thought you played a lot, like daily!

You are not the no-lifer I thought you were. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Oh, wow, Zeb. I thought you played a lot, like daily!

You are not the no-lifer I thought you were. :)
    I used to be but I was diagnosed with COPD (Emphysema) a few months ago after years and years (16 years to be exact) of misdiagnoses and other health issues. With winter hitting so abruptly, it's put a huge dampener on my ability to do, well just about anything. I used to be able to play short sessions through out the day, every day. Now, not so much, not nearly so much and my time on this Earth has now been cut short. I don't have time to wait for things like this to spend what little free time I do have.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Maybe just add a button so you get full legendary and every boon in the game??

CHANGE APPROVED. Full legendary button will be added to the zen store for 3500 zen. All boons and 20k GS will be added for 1500 zen. But it's a potion and it only lasts 6 hours. Not 6 hours gametime either.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I used to be but I was diagnosed with COPD (Emphysema) a few months ago after years and years (16 years to be exact) of misdiagnoses and other health issues. With winter hitting so abruptly, it's put a huge dampener on my ability to do, well just about anything. I used to be able to play short sessions through out the day, every day. Now, not so much, not nearly so much and my time on this Earth has now been cut short. I don't have time to wait for things like this to spend what little free time I do have.

Wow, I am really sorry to hear about you having COPD.
    http://www.copd.com/about-copd/

That's not for you, but for everyone else who wonders about it. I would hope you've already looked at all that stuff, but if not. Then umm..it's for you too I guess. :p
    edited November 2014
    Thanks, yeah. I've been doing a lot of research. We'll most likely be moving back to Florida after Winter as statistically, its the best place in the US to live for people with COPD because of the warm climate, salt air, and immediate access to any kind of doctor one could need. Luckily, I'm considered still an "early onset," so if I manage it now, I can potentially live for a couple decades, if not longer yet. With our advances in medical technology, there might end up being a cure in my lifetime other than a lung transplant. Remaining optimistic but it's all compounded by my osteoarthritis, fusing vertebre, and bone spurs.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I have that thing too, already got a surgery on the right lung (2 right sided pneumothoraxes within 1 year), and if another pneuma happens with my left lung, I'm going to have another surgery. So, you're not alone, I hope you feel better now :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz