Install Arc
Options

The Critical Cleric (Deistik's build)

Comments

• Options
    pewpewandqqpewpewandqq Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    I've done enough on preview shard to say this build will still be pretty viable after patches, with a few small changes. Going to hold off changing anything until we know exactly what's going to stay and what's not for cleric changes.

What do uthink about my #465 comment? I mean the Holy Avenger thing.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think you're not giving crit severity enough credit, honestly. Holy Avenger is nice ( I used to use it, even), but the ICD kills it, it's just too little uptime to be worth anything, when you really need it. Crit severity, on the other hand, just gets better the more crit you have, and it has 100% uptime.

It probably helps Repurpose Soul the best (RS isn't killed by righteousness), but a crit FF with ~113% severity and one with 75% severity is a big difference.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Stupid astral shield duration nerf, ridiculous. Completely broke the class. Might as well give all DC 5mil AD to re build their builds lol. Well, it can't be canceled now, that's the only positive part about it. :/
  • Options
    jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    im gonna bet that dude bragging bout solo healing got his build from deistik. what a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    toazdyytoazdyy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does invigorated healing stack multiple times (It doesn't seem to but I haven't done controlled testing)? Those points (IMO) look better elsewhere, and in fact I no longer use it.

Thank you very much for all the testing and especially documenting your experience!
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im gonna bet that dude bragging bout solo healing got his build from deistik. what a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I don't even use forgemaster's flame, it's garbage in my loadout
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    leznixleznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited June 2013
    I was trying to build a Crit base cleric but my friend said it is useless because it cannot heal in high level dungeons and nobody will want a crit cleric in their party. Is that true?

I am wondering should I respec then.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've solo healed everything in this build, so your buddies are talking out of their asses.

@redeclipze - Have you tried solo healing on test without FF? Seemed almost mandatory to have that burst heal while AS isn't up.
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've solo healed everything in this build, so your buddies are talking out of their asses.

@redeclipze - Have you tried solo healing on test without FF? Seemed almost mandatory to have that burst heal while AS isn't up.

I'm probably going to have to start using FF with these new changes. I'll see how I adapt.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    Do you 3 man Dracolich? Wonder how many people do that I do now. Guess I'm no special snowflake. :(

I don't even queue up as 4 or 5 people anymore, we just kick the extra 2 for better odds at AD. :)

People who kick people in a group SUCK. And the sad thing is that you're proud of it. No one cares how amazing you are. Was the whole point of your post to advertise your twitch stream?

Anyway deistik, good guide - I've found it very useful! I'm looking forward to seeing your update after the 20th.
  • Options
    scarymary1scarymary1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fefeenah wrote: »

Anyway deistik, good guide - I've found it very useful! I'm looking forward to seeing your update after the 20th.

Me too! I was actually kind of concerned that Astral Shield might get nerfed, but other than the overlapping thing it apparently wasn't. I will be VERY interested to see how the threat thing plays out with the new changes. I love playing my DC, but not necessarily as the tank!
  • Options
    zubuzim178zubuzim178 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only way to reset power and feats is paying?
    Or i can reset when i get lvl 60?
  • Options
    xt4nkixt4nki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    any updates in ur build after patch?
  • Options
    ayorrayorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zubuzim178 wrote: »
    The only way to reset power and feats is paying?
    Or i can reset when i get lvl 60?

Every character created before today's patch has a free respec.
    Ayora Wildwood
    Level 60
    Devoted Cleric
    <Exodus>
    Dragon Server
  • Options
    reagan247reagan247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I played with this build in a dungeon today, fully expecting a few wipes... I was shocked to say, with some skill on the clerics part and some skill on your parties' part - I was shocked we did 2 T2 dungeons... Granted, I am almost maxed on my gear (12K+) but I wasn't having the easiest time playing with PUGs before the update. Both dungeon runs today were with PUGs and we completed them either faster or in the same time. I'm not hating these new character changes since they are system-wide.
    sigpic2531278_1.gif
    If you need an account, click here to sign up.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Quite honestly, this build still works post patch, you just need to juggle FF and AS cooldowns to have them up during each others' downtime.

I've been thinking really hard about running the new t2 PvP 4 set for the Divinity gain since the Ethereal Boon fix/nerf, though.
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes it still works ....... but I am doubtful about FF at the moment, i juggle FF with HW and/or Divine GLow. Sunburst and AShield still on.

My reason for doubting FF now is the lack of regen for divinity now, and a somewhat solid heal for the CW who now kites :) . Oh yeah CWs now get more agro than clerics, heck i notice they are the new agro-*****s.

Also spam divine armor :) really great insurance ... specially if you gain AP fast (if you have sunburst and another aoe on) i can practically cast it twice in one clash. first casting is insurance; the next one is for emergency.
  • Options
    jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Yes it still works ....... but I am doubtful about FF at the moment, i juggle FF with HW and/or Divine GLow. Sunburst and AShield still on.

My reason for doubting FF now is the lack of regen for divinity now, and a somewhat solid heal for the CW who now kites :) . Oh yeah CWs now get more agro than clerics, heck i notice they are the new agro-*****s.

Also spam divine armor :) really great insurance ... specially if you gain AP fast (if you have sunburst and another aoe on) i can practically cast it twice in one clash. first casting is insurance; the next one is for emergency.

D FF doesnt have a good burst heal anymore? Was thinking of relying on that once AS is down.

I love divine armor. Its just a lifesaver. With a GF in the pt you could pretty much spam it all day.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No, it's still the best AE burst heal we have. He said he doubted it because of the lack of D gain... but if that's an issue, I already said I'm thinking heavily about getting the t2 PvP set for the D gain bonus (the healing bonus is just a... bonus, lol).
  • Options
    mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    Hey Deistik... This build still work fine with the patch? hahaha I don't want to ruin my free respec.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Really, really depends on your group, and that's for any build, pretty sure. You need a good CW to pull most of the adds off of you, and then a good GF to pull the rest of the adds off of you, and the adds off of the CW :p

Seriously, you need a good group now, no matter what build you use.
  • Options
    mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    My friend is a good GF. And I have already got all crit/recov gear. So i guess I will use it! =D
  • Options
    mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, it's still the best AE burst heal we have. He said he doubted it because of the lack of D gain... but if that's an issue, I already said I'm thinking heavily about getting the t2 PvP set for the D gain bonus (the healing bonus is just a... bonus, lol).

Would you? you would loose a lot of Crit with that set
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Crit stat, but I'd still have a decent amount of crit from STR. I'll probably end up getting the pvp set just to check it out, because I'm curious.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ah yeah you are right, i drop from 40.5 to 35.5 that's still decent
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ah yeah you are right, i drop from 40.5 to 35.5 that's still decent

and you might be right, i'm not fan of the bonus 4 from the others set, the miracle healer seemed nice but with those crazy CDs its like we would get more benefits from the pvp set from GG.
  • Options
    ken0389vahnzken0389vahnz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Where can we see some info regarding the new t2 set. I've been looking all over the forum and google but I can't find it. Can you share it here?
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'm going to ask a few question that people in this thread should be able to answer:

the healing effect from repurposed soul itself can also crit?
    if it does, anyone knows if it triggers the encounter boost capstone from the top paragon feat branch?
    and lastly: does this healing effect seem to benefit from the AP generation boost from healing feat?

ty to anyone that can tell me something about this.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    D FF doesnt have a good burst heal anymore? Was thinking of relying on that once AS is down.

I love divine armor. Its just a lifesaver. With a GF in the pt you could pretty much spam it all day.

It is still good, and prolly the best heal, but there are times that i lack divinity for FF (thanks to the regen nerf); but since i am no longer a constant open target i can spam Brand of the sun all over, while i Astral seal only what is needed (i.e. boss) - cant really astral seal everything since it has quite a long casting time.

The reason why i need 2 heals in the first place is not because i need a gap closer for AShield but rather i've noticed that most dungeons need to separate boss from the mob. If the tank will.. well tank everything chances are he's gonna get screwed; Some ads have a minor cc and the tank might not be able to block an incoming major dmg. Yes gwfs are good trash tanks now but the problem is not all of them are properly specc'ed.

The other reason for the need of another "active heal" is for the cw that kites, and i hate to admit it but the dungeon play now greatly relies on the CW's skill
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    i'm going to ask a few question that people in this thread should be able to answer:

the healing effect from repurposed soul itself can also crit?
    if it does, anyone knows if it triggers the encounter boost capstone from the top paragon feat branch?
    and lastly: does this healing effect seem to benefit from the AP generation boost from healing feat?

ty to anyone that can tell me something about this.

I've only seen it trigger from my At wills like Brand of the sun; and i like it if i have a lot of Bots on, however i've not seen it trigger on encounters although some say it does; but yesterday i think i was imagining it-it might have triggered from my divine glow. this will require more testing.

i just wished we had a duel mode just so we can test out skill builds.