test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.41

Comments

• daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So there's no fix for the people who haven't been able to log into Protectors Enclave since Sunday? I know there's a workaround, but we shouldn't need a workaround.
  • alfinnetealfinnete Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They solve problems that can only bring some sort of prejudice immediately.

Bought Founder Pack and I feel annoyed at having to keep changing the config of the game whenever I go to PE after PvP ... = /
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ush83 wrote: »
    Which would be a legitimate response if it wasn't for the 100 other free MMO betas over the last several years that didn't have such ridiculous issues. Seriously some of these problems could be solved in a day or less if the effort was put into it.

I'm sorry, I was unaware that you were fully trained and capable of coding in Cryptics own engine, perhaps you should go down to the Cryptic Offices and show them how it's done.
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually cathgar only copied and pasted the first paragraph from massively but never put quotations on it. I have a feeling he didn't read the entire article or he probably wouldn't have pasted a link to it. But it should be noted that this is their assessment they gave of Neverwinter.

Actually I did read the whole article and yes sorry, I did forget to put in the quotes but I put in the link so that others could see where it came from.
    And as I have stated and believe that Neverwinter is a Soft Launch which has also been stated by the Devs, the link was posted so that others could read about Soft Launches, rather than calling them the traditional Betas.
  • eqballzzeqballzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The inexplicably long "loading into protector's enclave" is still happening. That's disappointing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaninchenkaninchen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was under the impression that Protector's Enclave wasn't loading for people because their computers weren't able to keep up with the game's specs..the problem only happened once to myself and my husband, then after that little hot patch we haven't had the issue anymore and we're able to run the game on high everything with high FPS.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Really? After all this time... *this* was high on your priority list??
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • spacedwranglerspacedwrangler Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After this patch, my client is now hanging when trying to load the character into the world. I was in Protector's Enclave last, so the load screen shows "Loading Protector's Enclave..." in top right, the molten metal load status proceeds all the way to the right, but doesn't go past there. Game tips keep cycling through on the screen, music plays, but no world. No problems for me at all on launches last night prior to patch - has always been speedy.

Just start for others too?

Also now that AH is back up, I'm wondering if upon a successful sell we will be notified of what item we actually sold successfully. Sure would be nice to know so we could see where prices were trending. Anyone?
  • glowyrmzglowyrmz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h0rse wrote: »
    Yeah, if only the game was rock solid like other MMO's at launch, oh wait....

While what you are inferring is true, I think you might be grossly understating the problems Neverwinter in particular has had (and still has).

I mean, you can compare this stuff to D3's "error 37" or when WoW servers were crashing every few minutes due to unexpected amounts of players in 2004, but the fact of the matter is that many of the things going on here are much more severe (there's a list of all the major issues the game has had to date and it's pretty scary how game breaking they could be).

The AH exploit was around for much longer than the roll back accounts for. Although developers have claimed that no one will lose anything there are plenty of people saying that they have indeed lost Zen or AD. Not to mention that there is still tons of illegitimate AD out there. The economy has definitely taken a hit.

I'm of the opinion that everything will stabilize eventually and that the devs will patch most of the big stuff. Many people won't forgive these problems though, even if they get fixed quickly. People now have an issue with Cryptic's capability to keep a game running smoothly. They don't want to play a game where game breaking exploits can pop up during any patch (this isn't my personal opinion, I'm just relaying how others seem to be feeling).

Many people agree that there is a solid game in Neverwinter though. There are some great mechanics and the combat is the best part. It's enough to keep me around and I think the game will get much better, but like I said, some people can't play a game where severe issues crop up more than usual relative to other MMO's.
    cROpbBa.png
    edited May 2013
    Really, guys... whit so many people having serious issues, from not being able to log into the game, passing through the current state of threat/aggro, broken skills, problems with the matchmaking system, the PvP system... you end up updating some quests and changing resource nodes?
  • psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    As much as i love reading the lil tips on the loading screen, by now i know them ALL!!! any chance of a responce about how long this will take to fix?
  • glowyrmzglowyrmz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    costelloz wrote: »
    Instead of fixing the passive powers that are broken in various classes and make our expirience of the game better .
    You guys keep fixing minor ****ty problems...

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT EACH CLASS' SKILLS AND FEATS AND MAKE THEM RIGHT. OUR CLASSES HAVE BROKEN SKILLS
    WE DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT THE TREASURE CHEST BOXES AND A MINOR PROBLEM WITH 2 QUESTS...people can lvl up without them.
    Pay more attention to the real needs of this game to become better.

PS. GIVE US SOME INFO...A CLUE...ANYTHING ABOUT THE UPCOMING CLASS & RACE PLEASE

Do you honestly think they aren't looking at that stuff? Do you REALLY think they have no idea and are not "paying attention" to the class skill issues?

Of course they are. Just because these things got fixed doesn't mean time got taken away from the bigger problems. I really wish people tried to envision how developing an MMO works instead of screaming like this. There are definitely people working on the skills/feats but it is a much longer process to fix/balance/test core game mechanics than to fix a treasure chest or a quest.

It's not one thing or the other, there's teams dedicated to each part of the game. I'm sure there's some overlap, but they never put down big issues like class fixes so they can try and fix a spelling error in some quest text. This stuff happens in parallel.

This same type of reaction is common on the WoW forums as well. If Blizzard releases a fix for something small a million people start crying on the forums about how they should be focusing on a bigger issue. The fact is that's NOT how game development works and you'll see developer responses on the WoW forums saying the same thing.

TL.DR
    So in short, fixing small things doesn't mean there is no one working on the big things. The reason you see so many small fixes is simply because they are easier to fix and don't take as long as the big fixes.
    cROpbBa.png
  • gimpylosergimpyloser Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gotchaboy wrote: »
    well GoodBye NW. it was short but fun.. too much exploits going on and economy is really bad..

Yea bro my thoughts exactly. I spent 70 bucks on the game and had an amazing time. I don't regret it at all, but the kind of bugs that they allowed into launch for the length of time they allowed them has all but ruined the end-game experience for me. Also, I know many of you have your flames ignited and ready burn me over calling this launch rather than beta. I know they call it beta, but I don't. When server wipes are no longer an option and revenue begins to be generated, I consider beta over. It's not beta, it's just buggy and incomplete lol.

At any rate, it was fun and I'll keep my eye on the game going forward to see if it can be fun again.
    edited May 2013
    glowyrmz wrote: »
    While what you are inferring is true, I think you might be grossly understating the problems Neverwinter in particular has had (and still has).

I mean, you can compare this stuff to D3's "error 37" or when WoW servers were crashing every few minutes due to unexpected amounts of players in 2004, but the fact of the matter is that many of the things going on here are much more severe (there's a list of all the major issues the game has had to date and it's pretty scary how game breaking they could be).

The AH exploit was around for much longer than the roll back accounts for. Although developers have claimed that no one will lose anything there are plenty of people saying that they have indeed lost Zen or AD. Not to mention that there is still tons of illegitimate AD out there. The economy has definitely taken a hit.

I'm of the opinion that everything will stabilize eventually and that the devs will patch most of the big stuff. Many people won't forgive these problems though, even if they get fixed quickly. People now have an issue with Cryptic's capability to keep a game running smoothly. They don't want to play a game where game breaking exploits can pop up during any patch (this isn't my personal opinion, I'm just relaying how others seem to be feeling).

Many people agree that there is a solid game in Neverwinter though. There are some great mechanics and the combat is the best part. It's enough to keep me around and I think the game will get much better, but like I said, some people can't play a game where severe issues crop up more than usual relative to other MMO's.

Nicely put, and well-written to booth.

I agree, Neverwinter is a solid game, but it should have been tested much, much more before launching. And none of this "Open beta but we take your cash" business.
  • gimpylosergimpyloser Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    Nicely put, and well-written to booth.

I agree, Neverwinter is a solid game, but it should have been tested much, much more before launching. And none of this "Open beta but we take your cash" business.

I agree 100%. It is nice to read a post that is so well written and says what I have been thinking so much better than I ever could. The guys at Cryptic should play close attention to what this guy just said.
  • nixwanixwa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For a soft launch, Neverwinter is in a great state and I couldn't be happier. Many of the "game-breaking bugs" that people compare to error 37 are fixable by quickly logging in and out, and while certain things need to be added sooner (the upgrade tomes for companions,) things are going at a decent pacing for now.
  • mauganraa1mauganraa1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Small, and profitable for PWE, but however you fix your 'unbind companion' issue, before the countless people like me, wishing to unbind a companion for varying reasons can't, some of them brought companions, I spent money willing to risk NOT getting the Idol from a lockbox to get the AD cost to cover the unbinding of my Phoera, now I can't unbind it, and I'm out of pocket.

Sooner or later, people will realise that you are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> them over, Fix it before that happens, to limit poor press, cause as you all know, the people who hate something, make the most noise.
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    Still havent fixed the loading into Protectors eEclave bug!!!??? Things are getting worse not better
  • bama2u2bama2u2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    My two cents:

It's really disappointing that you instituted a patch for the farming before addressing the video lockup issue when going into the Protector's Enclave. While there are those within the community that are blatantly abusing the system, there are those of us that are tired of losing too many higher level enchantments to "Fusing Failure". I am aware of the wards that are available to help assist us or negate the likelihood of this happening, but having to purchase Zen (or AD for the Auction House) to buy them is not a likely option with those with moderate to severe income situations. How about putting the Preservation wards on the gold market for somewhere around the 2-5 gold range for a pack of 10. This way we can use the gold for something other than Health pot's, Profession kits, or Injury kits. It will also reduce the amount of farming because we are less likely to lose what we have worked so hard to achieve. This will allow more time and resources to address issues that deserve it, like PE loading issues.
  • ulfhednar73ulfhednar73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok this problem of stuck at 'loading Protector's Enclave...' is getting worse. I am unable to play on my main character as it will never load. I can play on my 4 alts, but I would like to use my main. Also it is quite annoying when switching play between characters to be required to log in user name and password...can't someone design a way of just going to the character select screen as an option instead? Otherwise I would just like to say that I absolutely love this game so far. Yes there are a few bugs needing to be worked out, but just a reminder to everyone that is wanting to do nothing but bash the game for the bugs...we are still in beta testing, and not playing the finished polished product yet.
  • xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok this problem of stuck at 'loading Protector's Enclave...' is getting worse. I am unable to play on my main character as it will never load. I can play on my 4 alts, but I would like to use my main. Also it is quite annoying when switching play between characters to be required to log in user name and password...can't someone design a way of just going to the character select screen as an option instead? Otherwise I would just like to say that I absolutely love this game so far. Yes there are a few bugs needing to be worked out, but just a reminder to everyone that is wanting to do nothing but bash the game for the bugs...we are still in beta testing, and not playing the finished polished product yet.

Some workarounds:
    1) Turn down Shaders to LOW (Check Advanced Options -> Last options under the PERFORMANCE section)
    2) Type /gotocharacterselect and wait the 15 seconds
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    yet another patch with no class balance or FIXES...good to know that while some classes enjoy all their feats and powers working, some will still be stuck with yelling on the forums for help like we have since the start.
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • boudebaboudeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here what i did to counter the Loading protector enclave's bug http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?298291-Stuck-at-Loading-protector-s-enclave it work but the problem is you need to play in window size mode, but atleast you dont have to wait forever.
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    glowyrmz wrote: »
    Do you honestly think they aren't looking at that stuff? Do you REALLY think they have no idea and are not "paying attention" to the class skill issues?

Of course they are. Just because these things got fixed doesn't mean time got taken away from the bigger problems. I really wish people tried to envision how developing an MMO works instead of screaming like this. There are definitely people working on the skills/feats but it is a much longer process to fix/balance/test core game mechanics than to fix a treasure chest or a quest.

It's not one thing or the other, there's teams dedicated to each part of the game. I'm sure there's some overlap, but they never put down big issues like class fixes so they can try and fix a spelling error in some quest text. This stuff happens in parallel.

This same type of reaction is common on the WoW forums as well. If Blizzard releases a fix for something small a million people start crying on the forums about how they should be focusing on a bigger issue. The fact is that's NOT how game development works and you'll see developer responses on the WoW forums saying the same thing.

TL.DR
    So in short, fixing small things doesn't mean there is no one working on the big things. The reason you see so many small fixes is simply because they are easier to fix and don't take as long as the big fixes.

i do agree with you to a point but let's take one particular feat for the GF, the Shield Defense. this feat is supposed to give us +1 to AC for every point in it, while right now it ONLY gives one point no matter how many you put in it. i know there is lines of codes, but this is simple math. one feat point in = one point added to AC, so it takes WEEKS TO FIX?! i'm sorry, it does not take this long to fix something so simple. and how long will the rest take if this one is taking forever (they have even already confirmed it's an issue and are "looking into fixing it," meaning they know about it)? very hard to stay positive with such delayed fixes for basic coding issues
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • dungeniadungenia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks again to patch quite quick, for all of us, NW lovable players, me one of the hurd =)
    Dispite problems, dispite pitty and bad feelings, i really love to play this game...
    I think, no, i know, that there is many of us to agree with me.
    Let us believe in PWE, let us believe in coders behind, let us enjoy what they, really, have done for us.
    Let us love to play, dispite ****ups, dispite problems.
    I love to play, hope U2...
  • mauganraa1mauganraa1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    supp1sh wrote: »
    yet another patch with no class balance or FIXES...good to know that while some classes enjoy all their feats and powers working, some will still be stuck with yelling on the forums for help like we have since the start.

Remove heal aggro? Nice dream, if your in a fight, beating up a mob and see someone healing it, you go and beat up the healer. Its common sense.
  • alfinnetealfinnete Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    English is not my first language ...

Unbelievable that they have opened a post for users to discuss and try to find a solution between them, and the company wants to pronounce that they are looking for the solution, and worse, deliver another patch without solution.

Unfortunate = /
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    makes me happy to see you're all wasting time on issues that aren't main-line instead of fixing what's actually important. pfft.
  • celtiumceltium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mamoruk wrote: »
    is anyone else stuck on the loading screen to protectors enclave?

Yup, I hope this gets fixed soon. Can't login, tried a bunch of times.
  • snapybsnapyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    how about you guys fix a class breaking feature like the guardian block issue that currently is making the class unbelievably hard to play with in situations like in pvp how you cant block after an encounter.. which could b the difference between living and dying ,possibly losing the node.
This discussion has been closed.