test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Learn how TR works especially the ITC(Immune) encounter skill

furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Since many ppl says Impossible to Catch, an encounter skill of TR, is "OP as hell" I've here below on how to counter it.
esteena wrote: »
TR "tankness" is only 5 seconds on immunity which requires him to consume his slealth+ impossible to catch, simply stay away from him when he is "blackened". IF you throw your DPS at him while he is "blackened" then you are an absolute m****.

All you need to do is staying 5 secs away from him, and then you kill him in 2 or 3 shots because they are squishy as hell.
(ITC is only 3 secs, w/ stealth it's 5 secs. and completely Immune)
BTW if you're having trouble with a certain class in PvP, try to study their skills first before begging for nerf in forums. :)
Since the TR have been called OP in PvP since day 1 why not learn how the class works first before complaining here in forums.>>>>>http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Trickster_Rogue
*Some skills might not be updated yet.

If you're done reading/learning the mechanics of this class, and you think it is still OP please explain why.
Remember that if you want to nerf a certain class because of PvP, try to think of a nerf that'll still maintain its role in PvE.

Roles of Classes
GWF= Semi-Striker and Defender(50%-50%)
GF= Defender(100% Tanker)
CW= Controller(100% aoe dpser *can also support)
DC= Leader(Buffer & Healer)(100% Support)
TR = Striker(100% Hitter/attacker) *No doubt why they get the most kills in PvP scoreboard
SIGNATURE
Post edited by furion192 on

Comments

• Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Why not learn how the class works first before complaining here in forums."

They wont. The L2P crowd is too lazy to devote any effort to understand any class mechanics. All that matters for em is "MY (as in their) class". Anything else can blow. If this game was a MOBA or fully PvP oriented, then we could have PvP tweaks every week, but no, its not, its a PvE game. They claim for nerfs, as if it could make em better in PvP, scr**ing PvE (D&D is a PvE centered game), but as soon as they got owned (again), they find another excuse to cry for nerfs, til any class, other than theirs, get nerfed til the ashes. Now lets just wait til someone come and cry about in this thread. *waiting for the bees* -__-'
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    As long as this thread doesn't get a logical reply why the TR are OP and needs further nerf, they've no rights to complain...
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thus why, there are so many people complaining, because they cant bother to learn the fundamentals of what/who they fight.
    If they cant kill anything in a straight 1 on 1 fight. Its OP. The only tactic they know is Zerg/full assault and cant fathom about any other tactic besides that.

Its pretty ridiculous. And all those complainers cant figure out the most simplest counter to Impossible to Catch that they just dont seem to notice? It lasts only 3 seconds.

These people complain about a skill that gives immunity to all CC that only lasts 3 seconds. And reduced damage for the duration. Lol.

The lack of sense people have amazes me sometimes.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You said it TR are dd. That's why impossible to catch should NOT provide a TR with 100% damage resistance. 25% would be too much already. If you do not want to get hit, dodge or use stealth.

Now let's be honest, TR can tank, dps, heal better than any other class there is. And it is just a matter of time until they're getting hit on the head, with a gigantic nerfhammer, that big even a half-orc would shrink to halfling size... And some of you know it, that's why you're starting to cry about it, already.

Let's see, if the TR "QQ - happymeal - club" can prevent their precious OP bs from getting nerfed, one more time. I highly doubt it. The incoming nerfs/adjustments will most likely take quite a bit of the survivability of the TR, since that's the main complaint right now. If you like it, or not... It is common sense. 1+1=2.

seeya.

"If you do not want to get hit, dodge or use stealth."
    After I read that part... it's extremely obvious you don't know how a TR fights the mobs in solo quests, you have never played one. I won't argue w/ you for I don't want to talk about an extremely illogical reason why ITC is OP. BTW the letter that are in red are the dumbest statement I've heard in forums. Not sure if this is a troll, explaining you the reason why your opinion is illogical would be a waste of time. If that is your "Common sense" in every game, you're simply an inexperience one.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I don't know about you guys but since patch I used ItC like 10 times and was still CC'd 8 of those times, really buggy right now. So I dropped ItC for BaS and now I can stay stealthed forever and slaughter people with gloaming cut lol. Amazing that an at-will can crit for 10k+ and I have no vorpal right now.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys but since patch I used ItC like 10 times and was still CC'd 8 of those times, really buggy right now. So I dropped ItC for BaS and now I can stay stealthed forever and slaughter people with gloaming cut lol. Amazing that an at-will can crit for 10k+ and I have no vorpal right now.

Yes ITC's bug became worse, in beta days it's already bugged but it rarely occurs.

10k+ crit for gloaming cut, of course it's possible if the target is near to death that At-will is meant to execute enemies with low hp left. Remaining stealth forever while attacking a player with At-will requires an unskilled prey. TR's silhoutte is visible when near the target if the target didn't attack him or see him that means they aren't alert enough. I've encountered a TR who uses the same method as you, but I'm always able to CC him before he hit'n'run.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    gloaming gets the full damage bonus as long as they are at or below 50%, and with both the feat that makes it restore stealth and sneak attack passive it's so easy to position yourself and lunge in with it. With it + shadow strike + BaS I can perma-stealth with no bonus int and little to no recovery. You are able to easily stand outside the visible range as the lunge animation of the strike moves you quite a bit, and with sneak attack you can quickly move away and get into position for next strike. You should try it, it's pretty amazing.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    wilswilswilswils Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You said it TR are dd. That's why impossible to catch should NOT provide a TR with 100% damage resistance. 25% would be too much already. If you do not want to get hit, dodge or use stealth.

Now let's be honest, TR can tank, dps, heal better than any other class there is. And it is just a matter of time until they're getting hit on the head, with a gigantic nerfhammer, that big even a half-orc would shrink to halfling size... And some of you know it, that's why you're starting to cry about it, already.

Let's see, if the TR "QQ - happymeal - club" can prevent their precious OP bs from getting nerfed, one more time. I highly doubt it. The incoming nerfs/adjustments will most likely take quite a bit of the survivability of the TR, since that's the main complaint right now. If you like it, or not... It is common sense. 1+1=2.

seeya.
    You haven't noticed that the TR has much power, crit and armor pen. And all the gear to it has exactly this. And a tank has some serious defense and will manage pretty good without super amount of crit and armor pen?

Taking away the critical ability from a rogue and it is completely useless. Since we take supermuch damage from every attack that people do, we need to be able to crit back.
    So stop be so lame and learn to play.
    Lord Killington, enough said.
  • Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    If 90% of the TRs are using the same rotation in PvP is something wrong in the game ... No use trying to keep you away from TR when it activates ITC because it will continue shooting knives in his back and retreat with a melee class you will allow him to dodge and then use stealth. It is a situation in which the rogue ends with the full advantage.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If 90% of the TRs are using the same rotation in PvP is something wrong in the game ... No use trying to keep you away from TR when it activates ITC because it will continue shooting knives in his back and retreat with a melee class you will allow him to dodge and then use stealth. It is a situation in which the rogue ends with the full advantage.

If 90% of the TR's are using the same rotation (and they're probably not, but that's what happens when people make up statistics), then 90% of the TR's are facing opponents who aren't very good at dealing with them. TR's are still pretty squishy, even if they stack defense and HP. Plenty of ways to counter and kill TR's in PvP.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    If 90% of the TR's are using the same rotation (and they're probably not, but that's what happens when people make up statistics), then 90% of the TR's are facing opponents who aren't very good at dealing with them. TR's are still pretty squishy, even if they stack defense and HP. Plenty of ways to counter and kill TR's in PvP.
    Yes!!! 90% of TRs players are smarter than all other classes. TR is the class of geniuses.
  • Options
    idontwinitskkidontwinitskk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes yes 90% of TRs players are smarter than all other classes. TR is the class of geniuses.

Well since it's the weakest class by far now in PvP oficially and it's still bringing in so many tears then there might be something true to that statement.

Jokes aside,all the nerfs with zero buffs when it comes to rogue *balancing* have left us with 4-5 usable skills,at least 2 of which are required if you want to have any chanse to deal more then 20% of someones hp.Blame the devs for nerfing everything good about rogues,not the rogues for trying to be usable in their increasingly weakening state.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes yes 90% of TRs players are smarter than all other classes. TR is the class of geniuses.

Ah, the attempt at reductio ad absurdum combined with a straw man! You know, I wasn't expecting to see two rhetorical techniques combined in such a way as to make them both irrelevant. Kudos to you! :)

But just in case you actually think that your response has anything to do with what I wrote, please don't be ridiculous. TR's excel at single target damage. That is how the class is built. Since it seems that most people play PvP for kills as opposed to capping points, TR's excel at this. Other players playing their classes as though they are also TR's and trying to beat a TR at their own game leads to those classes dying to a TR. Each class has strengths and weaknesses that many people seem to not take into account.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NERRRRRFBut 4real, I'd be happy if they just delete rogues and make rangers. I hate everything about rogues and yes I have/had a rogue and it takes absolutely NO skill to run around in stealth killing people that can't fight back. I don't know how anybody will find that fun but maybe most people are easily entertained. /shrug:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    revocainerevocaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    Oh yeah? Tell that to the TR who was going dodge-immune-dodge-dodge-dodge-immune-dodge for the entire ****ing time he casually walked between point 1 to 2 with three people beating on his ***.

/not-on-topic
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    NERRRRRFBut 4real, I'd be happy if they just delete rogues and make rangers. I hate everything about rogues and yes I have/had a rogue and it takes absolutely NO skill to run around in stealth killing people that can't fight back. I don't know how anybody will find that fun but maybe most people are easily entertained. /shrug:)

I bet you can't one shot now after the LA nerf, most of the rogues can't. probably more than 90% of TRs can't 1 shot without LA, after the nerf it's very possible now to fight back after he appears in stealth with LB.
    revocaine wrote: »
    Oh yeah? Tell that to the TR who was going dodge-immune-dodge-dodge-dodge-immune-dodge for the entire ****ing time he casually walked between point 1 to 2 with three people beating on his ***.

/not-on-topic
    What if I told you... you can use your mount while chasing a TR? 7 out of 10 of my escapes always succeeds, why? It's because ppl forget that they have a mount. If their are 2-3 ppl chasing him, 1 class can hit him so he won't be able to use mount, while the other(s) uses his mount and chase the TR down. This is one of the simplest way on how they catch me. L2P
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mmmm... i'de like to have some help, so i'll join in.

Just 1 thing to say about the GWF description in the op: GWFs right now are not 50-50 damage-tank. If you go destroyer you're 50% dd and more squishy than a TR, since you can't go stealth or dodge or go ITC. If you go sentinel without tenes, you're still very tanky (even with unstoppable nerf) but 0% dd. I think any gwf can agree on these.

My question about the vs TR strategies mentioned:

If you run away from a TR who's ITC (just like you would do with a GWF who is Unstoppable. Which still got nerfed), then can't he just throw knives at you from the distance, while you can't hit him?

If you try to chase him using your Mount:

While your Mount appears, wouldn't he be able to summon his Mount too?
    If you reach him using your Mount, wouldn't he still be able to dodge when you reach him and off-Mount to attack? (even more if you're a gwf, since your Attacks are so slow that even a AFK TR would be able to dodge them).
    If you try to chase him using your Mount, he could just throw knives at you and dismount you, causing you to prone, giving him more time to run away.

I mean. I'm a GWF. I meet a rogue. He Attacks from stealth, draining lots of my hp. Then he go ITC. I sprint away but he can still throw knives. I go usntoppable and attack once his ITC runs out. He can dodge. And dodge. And dodge. (gwfs encounters are easy to dodge). My unstoppable runs out. He can attack again, go ITC again, dodge again. How do i counter?
  • Options
    abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    As long as this thread doesn't get a logical reply why the TR are OP and needs further nerf, they've no rights to complain...
    I'll give it a shot.

Scenario:
    1 CW
    1 TR

CW is on a base and is getting CoS:ed. Counting the knifes and ports 1 time watching for the TR - with 80 % life. CW now see on the base marker that the rogue is also on the base. CW ports again when he expect the Lashing is coming to get off the base and ports again to create distance.

Then the Impact shot is coming - CW at 50% HP. The TR now presses the ItC and chain spam Impact shot, while the CW is out of ports. For 2,3 sec the CW is thinking about how incredible stupid it is that a TR gets ItC when in fact the CW should have it since he's wearing a bath robe. CW dies and the TR think he's a real skilled player.

End.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Moral of the story , nerf TR .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    kcrampkcramp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abacuser wrote: »
    I'll give it a shot.

Scenario:
    1 CW
    1 TR

CW is on a base and is getting CoS:ed. Counting the knifes and ports 1 time watching for the TR - with 80 % life. CW now see on the base marker that the rogue is also on the base. CW ports again when he expect the Lashing is coming to get off the base and ports again to create distance.

Then the Impact shot is coming - CW at 50% HP. The TR now presses the ItC and chain spam Impact shot, while the CW is out of ports. For 2,3 sec the CW is thinking about how incredible stupid it is that a TR gets ItC when in fact the CW should have it since he's wearing a bath robe. CW dies and the TR think he's a real skilled player.

End.

Impact does not take 30% of your health away. ItC lasts 3 seconds. If I have lashing, impact, and ItC, my stealth does not last long (no shadow strike, no BaS). When I used lashing, I got kicked out of stealth. Now all I have left is my at-will (not CoS) and my 3 charges of impact shot.

So now I am visible, squishy, extremely limited in my damage capabilities, and have a cooldown on ItC. Unless I have a daily to use, I have to dodge/roll/run until I can get stealth back up (and not get hit in the process).

Stop making stuff up OMG IMPACT SHOT 30% HP x 3 CHARGES IM DEAD.
  • Options
    imanrsholimanrshol Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    (ITC is only 3 secs, w/ stealth it's 5 secs. and completely Immune)

This is incorrect. The length of the buff doesn't change in stealth or out of stealth. The effect does. From what I can tell, the buff lasts between 4 and 5 seconds (wtb detailed tooltips).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kcramp wrote: »
    Impact does not take 30% of your health away. ItC lasts 3 seconds. If I have lashing, impact, and ItC, my stealth does not last long (no shadow strike, no BaS). When I used lashing, I got kicked out of stealth. Now all I have left is my at-will (not CoS) and my 3 charges of impact shot.

So now I am visible, squishy, extremely limited in my damage capabilities, and have a cooldown on ItC. Unless I have a daily to use, I have to dodge/roll/run until I can get stealth back up (and not get hit in the process).

Stop making stuff up OMG IMPACT SHOT 30% HP x 3 CHARGES IM DEAD.
    I'm are making stuff up OMGAD!!! Or not???

Normally there are 4 TR in a PVP round (why? I can't even imagine!). So, how I do I know which of the two rogues that is using Lashing and who’s using Shadow strike by getting CoS:ed?

I don’t, which is why I port when I think the lashing is coming. But, if the rogue is using Shadow strike his stealth is prolonged.

And to the Impact shot. A crappy to medium rogue will hit me from 2-6 k. A good rogue 6 to little over 8 k. A top rogue will crit for 13k+. A rogue in my guild said he hit for 16k with greater vorpal post patch. Since I’m under 24k HP I’d say one Impact shot from a well geared rogue can and will remove 30%+ from my HP.

Oh, and it’s possible to get 4 Impact shots, if you are one of them crappy to medium rogues.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'll give it a shot.

Scenario:
    1 CW
    1 TR

End.

^
    An extremely biased, shortsighted opinion (story, fairytale, delusion?) with no basis in logic or fact. This is but one possible outcome where a bad CW panics at the thought of getting Lashed and blows all of their dodges at the wrong time. As of the latest patch, the Rogue cannot stealth and close with CoS (momentum nerf / fix), which means that the CW is in no danger of getting Lashed if all 8 daggers are hitting from outside the objective. The rogue will not have enough stealth left to close which leaves them wide open to getting stun-locked and killed by the CW.

If the Rogue CoS while not in stealth, the CW opens up their rotation and forces the Rogue to retreat, stealth or die. If Rogue stealths, the CW now knows roughly where the Rogue is and moves away (no blink required) until the Rogue comes out of stealth and can continue kiting if the Rogue pops ItC or attempt to stun, push or kill.

These are just two counter-scenarios to yours where the CW gets the upper hand. There are literally thousands of alternatives based on which abilities the two people use, their knowledge of the game and the opposing player, lag and however many variables exist.

CW vs Rogue does not equal dead CW every time. However, you playing a CW vs a Rogue may result in a dead CW every time. There's a big difference in the previous two sentences. See if you can figure out what that might be. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm are making stuff up OMGAD!!! Or not???

Normally there are 4 TR in a PVP round (why? I can't even imagine!). So, how I do I know which of the two rogues that is using Lashing and who’s using Shadow strike by getting CoS:ed?

I don’t, which is why I port when I think the lashing is coming. But, if the rogue is using Shadow strike his stealth is prolonged.

And to the Impact shot. A crappy to medium rogue will hit me from 2-6 k. A good rogue 6 to little over 8 k. A top rogue will crit for 13k+. A rogue in my guild said he hit for 16k with greater vorpal post patch. Since I’m under 24k HP I’d say one Impact shot from a well geared rogue can and will remove 30%+ from my HP.

Oh, and it’s possible to get 4 Impact shots, if you are one of them crappy to medium rogues.

More rubbish, hyperbole and heresay.

Normally there are 4 TR in a round... between both teams perhaps? Do you have any metrics to back this up? No. Didn't think so.

And now you're getting 2+ v 1'd... Well, perhaps the issue is that you are getting focused by a group not that a class is OP?

Greater Vorpal... Perhaps the player is far better geared than his / her opponents? Perhaps high end enchantments in this game are too good?

IF the Rogue uses Shadow Strike it isn't using one of the previous three abilities you complained about (ItC, Lash and Impact Shot).

4th Impact shot... yep and now the Rogue has burned their stealth meter. No stealth ItC, no guaranteed crit Lash, no CoS while stealthed.

No... you are definitely making stuff up.
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    imanrshol wrote: »
    More rubbish, hyperbole and heresay.

Typical forum rouge in action. Your initial choice of a class does not warrant this condescending tone. I sure hope that Cryptic will nerf the hell out of your class, so CWs or GWFs will be teaching you to play in the exact same words.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    imanrshol wrote: »
    Normally there are 4 TR in a round... between both teams perhaps? Do you have any metrics to back this up? No. Didn't think so.
    Do you even play PVP? The quota is 2 of each class in each team. Since the TR is easy mode most will play one, thus making the quota full most of the time. That is 4 TR in total = 2 in each team. More than that is possible but then it's a premade.

So again, if there is a stealth rogue near me I don't know if I'm going to be dazed, lashed, CoS (rare nowadays) or Impact shotted. I wasn't saying I had 2 TR on me at the same time.

Since I'm making this up. Do you have any proof of me saying anything about 4 Impact shot and ItC? Didn't think so.

Oh, and panic about Lashing? How about getting one shotted by lashing from stealth? Naaaaaaaa, just stand still since you've never been hit by a lashing from stealth and absolutely never been one shotted by one.

But then again, you are not the CW and not playing much PVP anyway.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Guys, you can stop crying now. The TR nerf is inevitable. I hope it will come with the next bigger update. TR currently can do everything at once, which is a no-go. Dps/tank/heal in 1 character. While the other classes can't even properly do, what they are supposed to do. This is going on for too long already and it's time to finally put a stop to it. The only ones delusional on here, are the ones that are trying to defend this OP class. Everything stated by TR is either a lie, or a pitiful attempt to make TR look weaker than they actually are. Give it up, already. Massive crying saved the oh so precious OP class once, but it's not going to happen twice. I think we can all agree on that, geniuses.

#edit:

The developers really should take a look at the TR "Jump dodging" it is similar to using at-wills during a jump. (a bug)

Best of luck.

I also noticed the strange dodge behaviour, when i did some pvp.
    I thought it may be lag on my end... This made me feel stupid. :(

• Options
    kcrampkcramp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, 16K with a greater vorpal -- an enchant that (last I checked on Dragon) costs ~3mil AD.

Yep, cause everyone has that. Nerf the entire class!!11111!