test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moon Elf race question ?

kingblood69kingblood69 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Moon elf available for all ..or strictly for pack buyers?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kingblood69 on

Comments

• dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Unique Moon Elf is available only for those who bought the Knight of the Feywild pack. The Sun Elf (controversely) is free for all to play with.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Unique Moon Elf is available only for those who bought the Knight of the Feywild pack. The Sun Elf (controversely) is free for all to play with.

Not exactly, Sun Elves seem to not yet be available per the patch notes.

New Playable Race: Moon Elf!
    • The moon elf race is now available to players who purchased the Knight of the Feywild pack!
      • Sun Elves will be available for free in a future update.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Not seen anything in Feywild pack worth paying for if you're a Founder or Hero of the North. Perhaps if there was a substantial discount to those that had already purchased those packs. By substantial I mean 50% or more, not a piddling 5-25%.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sun Elf - got bait'n'switched it's now a nerfed Drow :)

Moon Elf - $10 maybe - 60 not a chance, for $60 I want a full AAA title game!
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Agreed. Hideously high cost for advantage and fluff, very little to offer the original players that have been supporting the game all along.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »

• The moon elf race is now available to players who purchased the Knight of the Feywild pack!
      • Sun Elves will be available for free in a future update.

Are you kidding me? Is this really how Cryptic plans on releasing new races? When reading over the announcement of the new Feywild Expac I got the impression that Sun Elves would be part of that expac as well as the Moon Elves (Have to pay for the Feywild Pack) to get access to the Moon Elves.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sun Elf - got bait'n'switched it's now a nerfed Drow :)

Agreed. IMO, the two biggest things out of this pack is the 110% mount and the new race (or 3 if you think char slot is too). But for those who don't pvp much so who cares for the faster mount and for those that already max leveled their favorite classes, what are they going to do with this new race ? level up the same class again for 60 bucks ? No Thank you. It's too much for a China made mmo.
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Greed is what Cryptic has.... $200 for the North pack thingie was and is INSANE...

I would rather of paid $60 for the game and $15 month for all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for free.

Free games are nothing more than money hogs and are the most greedy entities in the gaming industry (just look at Candy Crush Saga)
  • ancientnecroancientnecro Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    It's only for buyers of the pack. It does look nice, though, although not worth the price. But that's fine. I don't mind supporting Cryptic and their work in this game. I plan to play for quite some time.
    edited August 2013
    Deleted. Double post.
    edited August 2013

The moon elf race is now available to players who purchased the Knight of the Feywild pack!
    Sun Elves will be available for free in a future update.

Yep. I posted the aswer by the time the Patch Notes were released. In the Neverwinter FAQ, they stated the Sun Elf will come together with the FotF, but suddenly, they changed it in the last minute. Im just surprised, as many others are, im sure.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yep. I posted the aswer by the time the Patch Notes were released. In the Neverwinter FAQ, they stated the Sun Elf will come together with the FotF, but suddenly, they changed it in the last minute. Im just surprised, as many others are, im sure.

That does surprise me, when I read over the Feywild Expac when the information was first released it listed the Sun Elves and Moon Elves (Purchasable Only) being shipped with the new expansion. Now I am reading that Sun Elves are not in fact being released with the new Feywild expansion and are instead being released at a later date much like drow were. I wish this game was a Sub based game with a $15 a month fee to play vs f2p model, at least this way All the Content would be in the game.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im just surprised, as many others are, im sure.

Oddly enough, I am surprised, but at the same time not.

Which raises the interesting question as to whether someone can be regarded as being cynical when their viewpoint so accurately reflects reality...
    edited August 2013

Why change in the last minute ? Greed and it's simple as that. If 2 new races released at the same time and one you have to pay for to get and one is free guess what most or smarter player will do ? get the free one for now and see how it pans out with the other.

Cryptic recognized that in the last minute, and now they will make you wait to get the free one. They are out for your wallet for every patch they make. It's a China business motto.
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

Which raises the interesting question as to whether someone can be regarded as being cynical when their viewpoint so accurately reflects reality...

Then chalk me up as being Cynical, because after reading over what was included in the Feywild Expansion I really thought sun elves were being shipped with it and moon elves were the (purchasable) race.

Actually Nevermind, I'll just make a wood elf and wander around claiming to be a sun elf.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • ufoalienufoalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you want the race buy the pack... PERIOD!
    Stop whining... The game is free....!

Greedy leeches!

:)
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

That's not being cynical... that's being a realist.
    edited August 2013
    ufoalien wrote: »

Greedy leeches!

Some of us leeching the game and some leeching their parent's credit card :)
  • ufoalienufoalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arachonian wrote: »

hehe :P :):D
    edited August 2013
    ufoalien wrote: »

Greedy leeches!

I think you have it mistaken with your lack of reading skills... No one is arguing about Moon Elves being the purchasable race, people are a little confused on why Sun Elves, The race that's free and was listed as being shipped with the new Feywild expansion has now been changed to being released at a later date.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arachonian wrote: »

I see a lot of "kids with parents' credit cards" comments, and I have to wonder where these parents are who allegedly leave their platinum cards on the kitchen table for their children to use in NW.

If anyone successfully locates these elusive, but oft-rumored high-income, negligent parents, please put me in touch so that I can retire early and have them pay everything for me as well, thx.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited August 2013
    Good my skills are reading... LOL

I'm just pre-shutting up all the trolls whining about the packs!
  • xxyoutubexxxxyoutubexx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    So here we go people are starting to realise how FF mode is bad... gates of hell are open ^^
  • shafikmacenoshafikmaceno Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
    Mon elf... sun elf.... we need fix the exploits.