test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.41

Comments

• odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Print this statement and hide it for 10 years. When you are all grown up go back and read what you wrote for a good laugh. Trust me it is funny.

Yes it would be, because it would still be truth in 10 years! People should stop calling it beta its a flipping soft launch and they f.... up very very very bad so far...
  • uzurperuzurper Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mquarmoc wrote: »
    What you don't understand is that they are working the same amount of time either the servers are up or down. What could be a good idea is to make a transparent list of bug reports where players can vote on priorities.

Good game = more players = more money. Some "managers" can only manage what they know/understand or what other higher uppers tell them to (see d3 and thank marketing schedules over actual game content). Usually that ends up with the actual ppl working... working more.

P.S. game will be in beta 6 months from now...
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes it would be, because it would still be truth in 10 years! People should stop calling it beta its a flipping soft launch and they f.... up very very very bad so far...

Why should people stop calling it beta when the company that designed the game says it's beta? We aren't calling it anything. We are trying to get it through your thick skulls that we are getting exactly what Cryptic has advertised.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, it's not people don't PAY for CLOSED BETAS...

Following your reasoning 90% of the gaming industry pre-launches games 1 year before their official launch.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • orion0paxorion0pax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mowings1 wrote: »
    Shut the hell up you cynical little *******. This game has its problems but its still in beta and its FREE. So either pipe down or give some constructive criticism...

OR he can just leave lol, NOBODY IS KEEPING YOU HERE BRO JUST GO BACK TO YOUR **** FIESTA ONLINE , but yea if you aint got nothin nice to say dont say nothin at all bro, unless its constructive
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/02/ask-massively-a-new-era-of-soft-launches/

What's a soft launch? It's when a game really shouldn't be launching yet and knows it and yet has to launch anyway for reasons probably involving money. Soft launches are incredibly confusing to old school gamers who are used to a certain kind of testing and release cycle, the uncomplicated kind that involves, you know, some testing and a release. Soft launches make games writers uncomfortable too. Why won't your weird special snowflake of a game launch fit into our perfectly planned box?
  • masterfield100masterfield100 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who actually thinks this game is fantastic :(
  • jetzonejetzone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is always a choice whether or NOT you would spend real money in the Game, it's in the T&C and the fact that it's BETA means there would "be" a lot of improvements before Launch.
  • savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Game is "Free to Play" but it is also "pay to win" Many things you can buy are not "cosmetic", they are a siginficant advantage in the game. That doesn't mean you can't get to lvl 60 without paying a penny or have fun playing the game for "free", just be aware you will always be at a disadvantage to those who do put money into the game for many reasons.

Take companions for instance. You get a "free" white companion if you pay nothing. That companion is limited to lvl 15, the greens' are lvl 20, blues lvl 25 and the purples lvl 30. Frankly once you get above lvl 40 the free "white" companion is a limitation compared to the other companions. They become aggro magnets that go down after a hit or two from mobs. For a game that you can 'solo with just a companion' this becomes an issue once you get above lvl 50. People who "Pay to win" get a purple companion out of the gate with the $60 founders pack that helps them all the way to lvl 60.

Have you tried crafting? Notice you can't get the "green" trade skill tools from anywhere? (you get white ones that you can't do much with) However you can buy crafting kits with real money that will have these tools. Without these you will always be a second class crafter compared to someone who sinks money into the game.

Probably the real deal breaker for some is going to be the enchants. Especially if you PVP. From what I've read, it can be a game changer because of the power of these. Here is what someone else wrote

There are two ways to circumvent failure: Preservation Ward and Coalescent Ward. Preservation Wards cost 10 cents each and prevent the loss of materials upon failure. They are also only consumed upon failure. Coalescent Wards cost 10 dollars and guarantees success of fusion. Both these wards may also be obtained on a weekly basis through Celestial Coins (the latter being rarer). Now you may be wondering why there's a huge discrepancy between the two Wards. I was wondering for a while too until I stepped my foot into endgame and found out there was an entirely different type of Enchantments: The Armor/Weapon Enchantments.

Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards. Unlike companions, these can be used in PvP.

After ready this, I kind of feel like I don't want to play anymore. If I cannot obtain EVERYTHING that another player can in this game without having to spend a single dollar, then I am not interested. If I do, in fact, have to work HARDER to obtain those items, then I am willing to put in the time. I don't mind. This needs complete clarification. DO I HAVE TO BUY these items for professions/companions, or can they be earned through other means, such as auction house, or another player?

All in all, is EVERYTHING that is purchased from within the store tradable with other players?

Thanks,

Savai,
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/02/ask-massively-a-new-era-of-soft-launches/

What's a soft launch? It's when a game really shouldn't be launching yet and knows it and yet has to launch anyway for reasons probably involving money. Soft launches are incredibly confusing to old school gamers who are used to a certain kind of testing and release cycle, the uncomplicated kind that involves, you know, some testing and a release. Soft launches make games writers uncomfortable too. Why won't your weird special snowflake of a game launch fit into our perfectly planned box?

Finally a reasonable argument. But you nailed it. Money. Most of the "old school" games that you speak of were counting on revenue generated by box sales. Cryptic and any other company that puts out a totally free to play model has no choice but to use a "soft launch" to generate revenue while polishing the game prior to announcing official launch. But as long as they make it clear that we should expect bugs, exploits, and issues, we really shouldn't be surprised or upset when we find them.
  • gaara666killsgaara666kills Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you have a choice play or dont play lol so funny to whatch you people have such indepth arguments about wether its beta or not when every mmo has bug glitches ect no matter what they do they have a great set up so people are gonna keep playing it
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game is "Free to Play" but it is also "pay to win" Many things you can buy are not "cosmetic", they are a siginficant advantage in the game. That doesn't mean you can't get to lvl 60 without paying a penny or have fun playing the game for "free", just be aware you will always be at a disadvantage to those who do put money into the game for many reasons.

True. But over the long term anyone can get anything in the game by either, looting, selling crystals or buying on the auction with crystals they have. In reality all the buyers are paying for is time. They get there quicker.
    Take companions for instance. You get a "free" white companion if you pay nothing. That companion is limited to lvl 15, the greens' are lvl 20, blues lvl 25 and the purples lvl 30. Frankly once you get above lvl 40 the free "white" companion is a limitation compared to the other companions. They become aggro magnets that go down after a hit or two from mobs. For a game that you can 'solo with just a companion' this becomes an issue once you get above lvl 50. People who "Pay to win" get a purple companion out of the gate with the $60 founders pack that helps them all the way to lvl 60.

If you pvp you can get a blue pet quickly at end game. You can always buy a second one and pass it to any other new toon you create also by mail. Pets can be used at any level and can use any level equipment so you can pimp one out on the cheap next go around.
    Have you tried crafting? Notice you can't get the "green" trade skill tools from anywhere? (you get white ones that you can't do much with) However you can buy crafting kits with real money that will have these tools. Without these you will always be a second class crafter compared to someone who sinks money into the game.

Crafting in this game needs some work. For the most part I have outleveled crafting being a 60 with level 10 crafting skill. Also the items are not really worth the trouble aside from Leadership.

Probably the real deal breaker for some is going to be the enchants. Especially if you PVP. From what I've read, it can be a game changer because of the power of these. Here is what someone else wrote

There are two ways to circumvent failure: Preservation Ward and Coalescent Ward. Preservation Wards cost 10 cents each and prevent the loss of materials upon failure. They are also only consumed upon failure. Coalescent Wards cost 10 dollars and guarantees success of fusion. Both these wards may also be obtained on a weekly basis through Celestial Coins (the latter being rarer). Now you may be wondering why there's a huge discrepancy between the two Wards. I was wondering for a while too until I stepped my foot into endgame and found out there was an entirely different type of Enchantments: The Armor/Weapon Enchantments.

Getting it to level 10 vs 7 really isn't worth it in my opinion. But if you're looking to buy a ward, get it off the auction house it is much cheaper even if you need to buy zen to convert it. They are selling for far less than what the zen store sells them for. Also you have a chance to get one for free if you log in collect your coins for 7 straight days.
    Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards. Unlike companions, these can be used in PvP.

Pvp is such a minor portion of the game at the moment. If you were in a full pvp open world scenario this would be more a game breaker then the quick instanced matches. I'm glad they did it this way. If someone wants to spend $160 I say awesome. Game should be around for a very long time.
    edited May 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    After ready this, I kind of feel like I don't want to play anymore. If I cannot obtain EVERYTHING that another player can in this game without having to spend a single dollar, then I am not interested. If I do, in fact, have to work HARDER to obtain those items, then I am willing to put in the time. I don't mind. This needs complete clarification. DO I HAVE TO BUY these items for professions/companions, or can they be earned through other means, such as auction house, or another player?

All in all, is EVERYTHING that is purchased from within the store tradable with other players?

Thanks,

Savai,

You can make AD pretty easily in this game. Don't let people convince you otherwise. You can then in turn sell your AD on the exchange for Zen. Then use your Zen to buy items from the cash shop. So yes, everything in the game is attainable via a little time and effort :)
  • thenehalenthenehalen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...Ultimately, the Greater ...
    There is a perfect version of enchantments. needs 256 shards and 85 fuses which are 85 wards = 10,2 mil AD only for the wards. So the wards would cost you 283 $|€ .
    edited May 2013

Many thousands of people think this game is fantastic. Myself included. You won't find many on the forums though. For any game. Most people come to the forums when they are unhappy.
    edited May 2013

give it a few days or untill the next bug/exploits fu..s up the game once more
    edited May 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    You can make AD pretty easily in this game. Don't let people convince you otherwise. You can then in turn sell your AD on the exchange for Zen. Then use your Zen to buy items from the cash shop. So yes, everything in the game is attainable via a little time and effort :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this. I DO NOT MIND working for what I want to achieve, so long as it's balanced in the long run. If I have to work an extra 2 weeks to obtain the Zen within the game to purchase what people can get instantaneously through the cash shop, they hey, I don't mind. Plus, I figure I have another 20-30 years ( guaranteed) to live, so I have more than enough time.

Savai,
    edited May 2013
    Many thousands of people think this game is fantastic. Myself included. You won't find many on the forums though. For any game. Most people come to the forums when they are unhappy.

I absolutely love this game and don't have intentions of leaving anytime in the near future. The only reason that I am on the forums, is because I am DYING for them to fix the sound/music bug with foundry made quests and was hoping they are/will be doing so soon! haha, it's all good though, I know it'll be fixed some time sooner or later. :D

Savai,
    edited May 2013

lol little time efford is only possible with spending money, try to farm AD for a shop moun/companionen/bags/ward and you have to spend years! Or just exploit and you prop. have it in one day, lol
  • spookeh88spookeh88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Without turning this in to a flame war, the game is incomplete and the developers are still fixing and patching many bugs, the fact that they already allow players to buy things in the game with real money has nothing to do with the final state of the game. If I'm not mistaken, being able to, what some call, 'Pay2Win' may be a core game mechanic, which also needs to be properly tested. And the only thing I've paid for so far is enchanted keys, other than that the game has not required me to make any payment what so ever.
    edited May 2013
    I absolutely love this game and don't have intentions of leaving anytime in the near future. The only reason that I am on the forums, is because I am DYING for them to fix the sound/music bug with foundry made quests and was hoping they are/will be doing so soon! haha, it's all good though, I know it'll be fixed some time sooner or later. :D

Savai,

good luck with that!

*100 gateway fixes and 20 nervs to quest rewards later*
  • talealocktalealock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to this. I DO NOT MIND working for what I want to achieve, so long as it's balanced in the long run. If I have to work an extra 2 weeks to obtain the Zen within the game to purchase what people can get instantaneously through the cash shop, they hey, I don't mind. Plus, I figure I have another 20-30 years ( guaranteed) to live, so I have more than enough time.

Savai,

how can you guarantee you will live past tomorrow? =p

also if you have fun with a game spend a little money on it, its what keeps it going. This game is turning out to be nothing more than a cash grab though... I really wish the pay to play model would come back. you get the complete game for a low monthly fee and nobody has an advantage over another player based on there disposable income.
  • iraklichiraklich Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time to add something new and good.
  • exyliadexyliad Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, because "slightly reducing" some quest rewards is WAAAY more important than fixing the several of the Guardian Fighter feats that don't work AT ALL. Yay for the patch.
    edited May 2013
    lol little time efford is only possible with spending money, try to farm AD for a shop moun/companionen/bags/ward and you have to spend years! Or just exploit and you prop. have it in one day, lol

I don't see this as difficult as you explain. I've been playing the game only a week now and am quite happy with the amount of AD I've collected thus far. Like I said in a previous post - people like myself don't mind spending the extra time needed to get what we want because in the long run, we get what we want and with the amount of time we put in to it, it makes it that much more valuable.

Savai,
    edited May 2013

There are plenty of legitimate ways to make quite a bit of AD. Oddly I just don't feel compelled to share them with you. A little time and effort goes a very long ways.
  • acigaretteforyouacigaretteforyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a bug I experienced on my DC (or some ability by another class im unaware of and is ridiculous):

While in a PVP match, very suddenly EVERYTHING went under a 2 minutes recharge. This includes my class features and even my **** mount.

I tried to open a ticket and everytime was given the error "connection to server failed, etc."

Hasn't happened again but was completely messed up. I couldn't do a thing besides walk around and die.

Other than that, you people ***** way to much. The games free, it is FREE, NO MONEY IS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN ANYTHING IN THE GAME, you DO HOWEVER have the option to pay money to obtain items.

The bugs in it are barely a big deal to me so far. My biggest gripe with the game is queing for epic dungeons and even PVP. The super super super ****ing annoying glitch where some party members aren't teleported to the dungeon or PVP arena is driving me crazy.

When solo queing for an epic dungeon, it can take FOREVER to get into a party since 1) If there's already 4 people and they are waiting on a cleric, your ANYTHING ELSE, you get kicked. 2) The bug mentioned above, and 2-3 party members are still in protectors onclave or wherever they were at last instead of the dungeon, completely ****ing the party since the party leader isn't always aware he needs to kick the bugged people. 3) Even WHEN those people are kicked, I sit in a part with 1-2 other people and no one ever joins.

BESIDES all the bull**** with the time it takes to get a proper party for an epic dungeon going, the dungeons themselves are at times ridiculous. The ice caverns or whatever, the whole dungeon has an OUTRAGEOUS amount of adds that spawn on each boss. It's literally impossible if your party isn't the perfect classes and people who know how to use them. This all added to the bug with DCs and adds....

Another thing. WHY IN THE WORLD can I not invite someone to a party in an epic dungeon after defeating the first boss. It simply WILL NOT allow anyone to be invited, nor will anyone que into the party. It's impossible. I get an error inviting someone to the party, as does everyone else. This made it impossible to finish the last boss in an epic dungeon when a player randomly got disconnected. After going through 95% of the dungeon only to have to give up, this leaves me pissed as ****.

Add all that to the que times and actually COMPLETING an epic is the most time consuming thing in the world. It needs to be addressed. It's the only way to get tier 1 and 2 armor (generate MORE that is, into the economy).

I don't find any current bugs make the game unplayable. I have plenty of fun and it consumes most of my free time. I have NO idea why anyone finds the game so bug filled they feel the need to quit playing the game or find it "horrible".
    edited May 2013
    talealock wrote: »

also if you have fun with a game spend a little money on it, its what keeps it going. This game is turning out to be nothing more than a cash grab though... I really wish the pay to play model would come back. you get the complete game for a low monthly fee and nobody has an advantage over another player based on there disposable income.

Haha, too funny. Anyway, companies actually make more money with their model being Free. Research the statistics and you'll understand why. I played TERA for an entire year before it went F2P and I still understand their model and reasoning....not enough players, not enough money - can't keep a certain amount of people employed thus not being able to entertain the crowd in which they were hoping. It's actually a good thing. Give EVERYONE a chance to play for free - they get hooked right away, and because the majority of us are 'westerners,' we WANT and WANT right away (because we were raised that way), so we have no option but to buy what we WANT right AWAY instead of being patient. Think about the design of the model. It's intelligent, smart and it collaborates with all worlds. I, for one am a game developer and completely understand their model and fully support it - but it doesn't mean I intend putting my hard-earned money into their concepts when I need it for myself (yet another selfish, western comment).

Savai,
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rengetsu08 wrote: »
    THIS IS NOT BETA ANYMORE SINCE THEY STARTED TO HAVE PAYABLE ITEMS FOR CASH. So stop bu*l Sh*tt*ng people who critizes this game you f*ck*ng ret*rd.. you're just one of those who have superiority complex to those who critizes the game.

I was laughing hysterically at you for ages. I still am whilst writing this. xDD Lmfao You are so mad and it's like watching a Fat Kid get angry because his mum won't buy him chocolate. Haahahahahaaha
    Print this statement and hide it for 10 years. When you are all grown up go back and read what you wrote for a good laugh. Trust me it is funny.

I'm stilll crying with laughter xD
    talealock wrote: »

Why not both? And surprisingly I disagree. The way you can remove this advantage b-s is by making sure the game itself is balanced. I.E Nothing gives you too much of a boost.

The only advantage one player should have over another is his skill not his TIME or MONEY.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • bagladykillerbagladykiller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »

I don't think you know what soft launch means. It actually is a definable term, and has been since waaaaay before massively was around. A soft launch is a little marketed, limited launch of a product(a video game, in this case) for testing purposes and to gauge market response. This game has marketing out the wazoo to get more people playing to test the product that is still in development. This is not a soft launch, it's an Open Beta, at the end of which there will be no wipes...hence the zen shop being live. If there was going to be a wipe at full release, then there would be many angry players if the cash shop was live.

For all of you people so pissed that they aren't doing what YOU want in the game you can play FREE and win FREE, leave...problem solved. Like someone else said, you can get zen with 0 dollars. I don't have as much as that last guy, but I have enough to be happy with. I have 2 60's who are fully geared, and enchanted, 0 dollars spent. Get over your entitled selves and move on if you're so unhappy.
This discussion has been closed.