test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.41

Comments

• missaniteemissanitee Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I have been with Perfect World Int'l from when they 1st invited me to cb on the game pw and they had 2 men sitting in an office answering phones. They eventually figure it out. It takes time to find the code that is not functioning correctly. PWE is a business and like any other business they are in it to make money with customer satisfactory. Cant satisfy everyone...just sayin
  • crusty1985crusty1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the continued work you guys are doing to fix issues identified. Is there any news on when some focus will be put on the Epic dungeons? as at the moment they seem to be either bugged or structure incorrectly. By this I mean, nearly every boss fight seems to have adds, upon adds, upon adds; and with current aggro issues (especially from the DC) this seems a bit excessive.

Thanks for a great game though :)
  • syst1syst1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nojo2211 wrote: »
    Problems were around in closed beta also.

Problems started when they brought gateway online and as far as I know Its been only a month...
  • baohsubaohsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    How were the skill nodes "modified?"

This reminds me of that one song I heard played on the radio that one time. You know, the song, by that band.
    Foundry author of the "Red Rum Runners" Campaign. Part 1: "WANTED: Physical Labor Needed" and Part 2: "Worst Employer Ever!"
  • omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it shouldnt be problems in basic fuctions for so long... like Ah
    It is difficult to fix bugs when people don't report them immediately. When most of the tickets the devs see are "Where do I get my mail?" and they are lambasted for not responding immediately, you might see how squashing an economy-breaking bug and restoring functionality WITHIN 24 HOURS and WITHIN A FREE VIDEO GAME might be considered amazing. Also, they are keeping us in the loop about all these issues. Also, it's a beta. Feel free to wait until release while the rest of us test it for you.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • costellozcostelloz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amen to that .....threat broken passives broken..dungeons bugged and they fixing 2 problematic totally usuless quests
  • dersamidersami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While we are at shamelessly promoting quests - try mine without any fights :) NW-DSMYYRKKJ
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is not in BETA as you are able to pay for things, if it was in testing everything would be unlocked to everyone so they can test everything out. BETA is a term to hide behind.

Wrong. Beta is a term to define the state the software is in. Some games charge to get into beta, some games charge during beta, some offer it up 100% free. If you can provide us with a reputable source that defines beta as free we would all love to see that. Every definition on the web defines it buy the state of the software. In game economics play no role on where the software is in development.
  • s10diablos10diablo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In response to the above mentioned lag problems, I too have been experiencing lag spikes while running dungeons, on Dragon server. My PC far exceeds the recommended specs for NW, and furthermore up until thursday I never had any notable lag whatsoever. Now at times it is unplayable, dipping from 60fps to under 2 for up to 3 minutes at a time. No other games/programs have this issue and my network is a stable 100gb fibre. PC is only 3 weeks old and has no hardware issues. I reiterate, this has ONLY been an issue since the last patch.
    If it helps to find the problem, I play a control wizard and the issues have been most evident in the areas of Icespire and the Temple of the Spider Queen. Character name is Gotcha. The issues do not only occur when there is a high amount of effects occuring at once as was cited on another thread as a possible cause. Sometimes it happens just walking along with no enemies on screen whatsoever. Attempting to place a bug report met with the usual deadends.
    I really enjoy my time playing Neverwinter, and although I do realize it is a "free" game, I do ask that you please look into this issue.
    Thank you and best regards-
    Gotcha
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for fixin stuff.
  • ikaslikazmajikaslikazmaj Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valear1971 wrote: »
    I had similar thing going found my anti virus software(AVG) to be running constantly in the background so I got new anti virus software and re installed and it works fine maybe you can check into that.

I hope this is to me and yes, im uninstaling AVG, so we will see after patch hehe I realy hope it will work.

And yes, just to add... Game is awsome and rly fun, have few bugs as any other, so i guess that dudes are giving their best to make it playable...
  • nojo2211nojo2211 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    syst1 wrote: »
    Problems started when they brought gateway online and as far as I know Its been only a month...

Not going to argue with you man, filtering in the AH has never worked right for me since closed beta. The fact that I have to alt-tab out of the game to search the AH for gear on the gateway is insane and embarrassing. That's just my opinion. I'm still playing the game and enjoying it, but they need to fix some major things pretty quick.
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nojo2211 wrote: »
    Not going to argue with you man, filtering in the AH has never worked right for me since closed beta. The fact that I have to alt-tab out of the game to search the AH for gear on the gateway is insane and embarrassing. That's just my opinion. I'm still playing the game and enjoying it, but they need to fix some major things pretty quick.

^^^ This pretty much sums up most players' sentiments.
  • uzurperuzurper Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valear1971 wrote: »
    I had similar thing going found my anti virus software(AVG) to be running constantly in the background so I got new anti virus software and re installed and it works fine maybe you can check into that.

Errrr.... An antivirus running in the background!? :O now that's unheard of!
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope this is to me and yes, im uninstaling AVG, so we will see after patch hehe I realy hope it will work.

And yes, just to add... Game is awsome and rly fun, have few bugs as any other, so i guess that dudes are giving their best to make it playable...

Malwarebytes - Anti Malware and Microsoft Security Essentials work together in background fine with Neverwinter.
  • spiebospiebo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shut the game down for two weeks and fix it properly, issue an apology and start over after you have sorted it.

Get some more techies employed (**** knows you earn enough money out of us poor schmucks) and sort it. Please whoever is in charge at PWE grow a set and fix this unfunny joke of a game.
  • biggus351biggus351 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agreed +1 *****es be *****ing
  • biggus351biggus351 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow...

"I don't like the free gift you gave me in this free game you made for me!"

Talk about first world problems...
  • mquarmocmquarmoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spiebo wrote: »
    Shut the game down for two weeks and fix it properly, issue an apology and start over after you have sorted it.

Get some more techies employed (**** knows you earn enough money out of us poor schmucks) and sort it. Please whoever is in charge at PWE grow a set and fix this unfunny joke of a game.

What you don't understand is that they are working the same amount of time either the servers are up or down. What could be a good idea is to make a transparent list of bug reports where players can vote on priorities.
  • arcusiarcusi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great no more farming. How the hell are we supposed to make money now? PVP? Ha what a joke. And don't even say Dungeons because those take so long to start, to queue, to find a balanced team, if it's not balanced to wait for people to balance it out, to wait for Jesus to give us the green light.
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    spiebo wrote: »

Cryptic is expecting bugs, exploits, stability issues, and several patches. Hense the word BETA.

Every one of us is well aware that Cryptic is expecting bugs, exploits, stability issues, and patches. So why should they have to apologize for running into issues exactly like they anticipated by making it clear that this is BETA?

Now, if they were to say "Hey please come and play our excellent, polished, bug free game"!.. Well, then you guys would have a legitimate gripe. Until then, lets try to help them make this a smooth game by reporting above mentioned issues rather than expecting apologies.
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    Cryptic is expecting bugs, exploits, stability issues, and several patches. Hense the word SOFT LAUNCH.

Every one of us is well aware that Cryptic is expecting bugs, exploits, stability issues, and patches. So why should they have to apologize for running into issues exactly like they anticipated by making it clear that this is SOFT LAUNCH?

Now, if they were to say "Hey please come and play our excellent, polished, bug free game"!.. Well, then you guys would have a legitimate gripe. Until then, lets try to help them make this a smooth game by reporting above mentioned issues rather than expecting apologies.

Fixed that for you:)
  • odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    gotchaboy wrote: »
    well GoodBye NW. it was short but fun.. too much exploits going on and economy is really bad..

me too, Dragons Prophet tomorrow!
  • pvptigerpvptiger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to much complaining.. for those who complain.. just top playing this game.. problem solved.!!

Even when there are bugs. its still a verry nice game..
    Even when the do minor updates on things.. in the end it will all be good.
    Give them time.. let them do there job.. don't hate them.. but give them something to work for..

NW team.. keep on doing what you're doing..
  • sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Devoted Cleric
    • Addressed a rare case in which the At-Will powers in Divine Mode could become unslotted but couldn't be dragged back into the Power Tray.

This is still not fixed for me and several other Clerics. Contacting a GM in-game resulted in whoever attended my ticket not understanding what I meant, despite me elaborating on what the issue was as much as humanly possible. Unfortunately I couldn't follow up on that, as your support website throws me into a feedback loop error whenever I attempt to access the tickets section. I tried reaching my ticket page in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer with no luck.

I have no doubt that the fix that went live two patches ago only prevents it from happening from now on, but the people that were unlucky to have spent money on a respec before the patch are stuck in this situation... unless they respec anew. That being said, we shouldn't be expected to pay for additional respecs just to fix a pretty glaring bug with our core class mechanics.

Here's a handy picture of what's happened to me and several other Clerics when using a respec:

ibfjqMqixA4w2y.png

Some, like me, had Punishing Light disappear, others had Soothing Light. Either way it's silly that it's been over two weeks and nothing has changed.

Any help would be appreciated.
    edited May 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    Cryptic is expecting bugs, exploits, stability issues, and several patches. Hense the word BETA.

Every one of us is well aware that Cryptic is expecting bugs, exploits, stability issues, and patches. So why should they have to apologize for running into issues exactly like they anticipated by making it clear that this is BETA?

I think it must be some kind of f2p thing. I have been in a lot of betas this being the first f2p beta other then DDO beta for the f2p new model. I have never even seen such a silly argument. Somehow f2p players think that if there is some type of cash shop that it magically transforms the definition of beta.

Beta only defines what state the software is in. If there are stability issues, numerous bug, random updates. It is all beta. I've been upset when a game was officially released only to have it down 4 times in a week at opening. That to me is a company lying about the state of the software.
  • kitandkaboodlekitandkaboodle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nola2 wrote: »
    Im sorry what? o_O No this game IS free my friend =] When you pay for anything on this it is for cosmetic or boosting (+25% exp) purposes. Everything in this game is solely acquired easily without paying any money whatsoever. Infact, Cryptic OVERCHARGE for their in-game purchasable content! $199 for a TITLE and a mount?! Thats a week's shopping for a family of 5... maybe 2 weeks. I refuse to ever spend money on a game like this simply because... its money for christ sakes XD HARD EARNED money and frankly I'm enjoying this game without paying a single penny. The combat is fantastic! =D My opinion on the matter. I feel you're just trying to justify the fact you have spent money and don't know if it was a right move or not =/

Game is "Free to Play" but it is also "pay to win" Many things you can buy are not "cosmetic", they are a siginficant advantage in the game. That doesn't mean you can't get to lvl 60 without paying a penny or have fun playing the game for "free", just be aware you will always be at a disadvantage to those who do put money into the game for many reasons.

Take companions for instance. You get a "free" white companion if you pay nothing. That companion is limited to lvl 15, the greens' are lvl 20, blues lvl 25 and the purples lvl 30. Frankly once you get above lvl 40 the free "white" companion is a limitation compared to the other companions. They become aggro magnets that go down after a hit or two from mobs. For a game that you can 'solo with just a companion' this becomes an issue once you get above lvl 50. People who "Pay to win" get a purple companion out of the gate with the $60 founders pack that helps them all the way to lvl 60.

Have you tried crafting? Notice you can't get the "green" trade skill tools from anywhere? (you get white ones that you can't do much with) However you can buy crafting kits with real money that will have these tools. Without these you will always be a second class crafter compared to someone who sinks money into the game.

Probably the real deal breaker for some is going to be the enchants. Especially if you PVP. From what I've read, it can be a game changer because of the power of these. Here is what someone else wrote

There are two ways to circumvent failure: Preservation Ward and Coalescent Ward. Preservation Wards cost 10 cents each and prevent the loss of materials upon failure. They are also only consumed upon failure. Coalescent Wards cost 10 dollars and guarantees success of fusion. Both these wards may also be obtained on a weekly basis through Celestial Coins (the latter being rarer). Now you may be wondering why there's a huge discrepancy between the two Wards. I was wondering for a while too until I stepped my foot into endgame and found out there was an entirely different type of Enchantments: The Armor/Weapon Enchantments.

Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards. Unlike companions, these can be used in PvP.
    edited May 2013
    rengetsu08 wrote: »
    THIS IS NOT BETA ANYMORE SINCE THEY STARTED TO HAVE PAYABLE ITEMS FOR CASH. So stop bu*l Sh*tt*ng people who critizes this game you f*ck*ng ret*rd.. you're just one of those who have superiority complex to those who critizes the game.

Print this statement and hide it for 10 years. When you are all grown up go back and read what you wrote for a good laugh. Trust me it is funny.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Most lag problems are here in europe... but i've been capable of playing last 24 hours, it was impossible the whole week before that...

I don't know why but it must be your Internet, I have a crappy 4 MB bandwith from Spain and I don't have any issues. :/

Same for a couple of friends, they usually don't have lag.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Print this statement and hide it for 10 years. When you are all grown up go back and read what you wrote for a good laugh. Trust me it is funny.

lol +1

/10 chars
This discussion has been closed.