test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please ban players asking for full wipe / new server.

maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It is getting out of hands in the forums, even though they have been told repeatedly by you guys that there will be absolutely no complete wipes or "new servers" they keep suggesting the same stupid thing over and over again.

Please issue ingame as well as forum bans to all these people that clearly can't read proper English.

Forum warriors, lay down your weapons you already lost.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by maximilious on

Comments

• Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best post ever!
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just kill the whiny "wipe the servers" threads, for the love of god.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Founder Program ends soon. Become a Founder now before it's too late: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another poor HotN desperately trying to reassure himself he didnt threw $200 down the drain...and failing

you guys are sadder to watch than a turtle on its back. my condolences
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is getting out of hands in the forums, even though they have been told repeatedly by you guys that there will be absolutely no complete wipes or "new servers" they keep suggesting the same stupid thing over and over again.

Please issue ingame as well as forum bans to all these people that clearly can't read proper English.

And your answer to this problem is to make an asinine post asking for them to be banned?
    Just let the threads die or the players with issue leave the game. The more attention you give them the worse it will be

Using terms like "forum warriors" just makes the thread seem even more odd.
  • Options
    kwillyankwillyan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    another poor HotN desperately trying to reassure himself he didnt threw $200 down the drain...and failing

I don't know I kinda like watching turtles on their backs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

huh? I have spent way more than "200", I could care less. I don't want to start crafting and gathering expensive enchantments all over again which is not happening because it has been confirmed that it will not happen.

So please, stop it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's their opinion and I don't see it as dishonest or hurtful. So I read your post as "I don't like their opinion, ban them to shut them up", that's no good.
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

At least somebody cares for my well being. Thank you Anon.
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is the "forum warrior". Look at his sig.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Nope, sad is watching a guy who quit continue to frequent the forums of the game he left. I suppose it is all you have though
  • Options
    nonetrenonetre Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's always good for one and bad for another but it will stabilize for sure and everyone will be happy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1. Forum Warrior
    Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more
    A person who spends a considerable amount of time on internet forums dedicated to specific interests (music, games, etc). Consider themselves experts on said specific interest while (usually) not contributing anything to the interest themselves. A good size of their input, often the majority of it, is negative; they reason that this is the easiest way to prove themselves knowledgeable on the subject. They have little clout in real life regarding whatever topic the forum is dedicated to, so the forum is the only way they can feel they are contributing

"Wipe or I quit!"

"new server or I quit"

need say more?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hatelorehatelore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm a HotN and I am in favor of a server wipe, so there goes that flawed logic.
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    The Founder Program ends soon. Become a Founder now before it's too late: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/

I almost peed myself from laughing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "Wipe or I quit!"

"new server or I quit"

need say more?

"If they wipe I quit!"

"Fix X or I quit!"

"Stop whining about X or I'll whine about you whining!"

Need I say more?
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »
    OP is the "forum warrior". Look at his sig.
    Indeed, I think they should ban him.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's their opinion and I don't see it as dishonest or hurtful. So I read your post as "I don't like their opinion, ban them to shut them up", that's no good.

Exactly this.

OP doesn't like someone else's opinion? Who cares, moving on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    "If they wipe I quit!"

"Fix X or I quit!"

"Stop whining about X or I'll whine about you whining!"

Need I say more?

Excuse me french stupid ****, but they have said (Cryptic / PWE) officially that there will be

1) No complete wipe

2) No new servers

need say more?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spacedinvaderspacedinvader Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Preposterous suggestion.
    Flimsy hypocrisy.
    A Tyrael signature.

OP really nailed it.
    M i n e r v a | R e q u i e m
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

need say more?
    Most of us would prefer you never said anything at all.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Excuse me french stupid ****, but they have said (Cryptic / PWE) officially that there will be

1) No complete wipe

2) No new servers

need say more?

They said they didn't PLAN a complete wipe. They also didn't PLAN a rollback. Yet did it anyway. The odds are they won't do a server wipe (which many people think is a bad idea, given what's happened, and what is likely to happen again). That doesn't make them wrong for suggesting it. If you don't like it, don't read the threads.

The fact is, you're just whining about people whining. You even started your own thread about it, and are petulantly demanding people get banned for expressing their opinion.

Now be a good little founder and go back to playing the game you love so much.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "Wipe or I quit!"

"new server or I quit"

need say more?

Wow, that's a new one on me... "forum warrior"

Sounds like a derogatory term for an active member that doesn't immediately lap up any and all communication from companies and developer teams that have "cash grab" mentalities. Usual garbage that's thrown out along with "self entitled" to negatively tar opinions and feedback without actually dealing with the issues which lead to their negative opinions on the titles. There is MORE than enough intelligent and outspoken individuals in the gaming community talking about this right now, and how the whole issue of "self entitlement" that this stems from, is being twisted and manipulated in a very, very underhanded way.

What you ARE describing however, is actual bona fide "self absorbed" idiots. They don't need to wipe the game to reset things. People need to STOP making "wipe or I uninstall" threads BUT, making this thread only serves to work as flame bait and really didn't need to be made. Don't take offense to that, just... it's not an actual answer to the problem.

Edit: and you deserve a reprimand for the ad hominem attack on the poster that pointed out the hypocritical nature of your post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Most of us would prefer you never said anything at all.

so you don't want me to provide you with actual fact? But I am just trying to enlightened the blind fools :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    I lol'ed at this. Ban what looks to be a least 70% of the people. Really they should ban idiots like yourself for posting things like this. Majority rules...Just read some history.
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sigh, I don't agree with the server wipes idea either, however banning people just because they have a different opinion is stupid and won't do anything beneficial for PWE's public image.

As far as people saying "70%" of users support this, I think it should be amended to "70% of people who check the forums/poll threads" support this. If you actually went out to servers you'd get less people who care about the exploit and thus less people who want a wipe.
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013

Stop being a ****ing *****!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    so you don't want me to provide you with actual fact? But I am just trying to enlightened the blind fools :(

You don't fight fire with fire, you don't fight ad hominem with ad hominem, etc etc etc.
    They have a point, they're just not putting forward the best case of it. That might have something to do with the fact that you literally just attack people that point out how this thread is redundant and hypocritical, what were you expecting instead of that?
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Please ban ALL players complaining of players asking for a wipe.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    They said they didn't PLAN a complete wipe. They also didn't PLAN a rollback. Yet did it anyway. The odds are they won't do a server wipe (which many people think is a bad idea, given what's happened, and what is likely to happen again). That doesn't make them wrong for suggesting it. If you don't like it, don't read the threads.

The fact is, you're just whining about people whining. You even started your own thread about it, and are petulantly demanding people get banned for expressing their opinion.

Now be a good little founder and go back to playing the game you love so much.

They never said no rollbacks, if you read the past tweets you would know they said possibly rollbacks, which had absolutely zero impact with my account.

I just want the mods to start doing their jobs and delete, suspend the idiots that keep suggesting the same thing that has been repeatably told WILL NOT HAPPEN. EVER.

Now please ssh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]