test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please ban players asking for full wipe / new server.

Comments

• maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mesteric wrote: »
    Wait closed? how so? because you quoted things about no wipe? thats was already established before you posted.
    The topic at hand about banning people you didn't want to see posts from, and the reason you posted still isn't resolved.
    Or did you just hope to sweep that topic under the rug with a smug hope no one remembers the actual subject matter of the post?

I am not trying to make people forget what I said, I still stand by it. If I were a mod in this forum I would probably merge all those garbage threads into one giant garbage thread and let it be. And I would also suspend the OPs for wasting mod time with something that anybody who has used a forum before should know not to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    "Complete" Wipes. So a roll back to hour one is still ON the table.

Theres one more tweet that says a rollback is inevitable, but looking through those from yesterday is kind of hard at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know why I'm so 'easily pleased' as you put it? Because its a game.
    Not my car, or my house, or my plumbing, or machines I need to work..its a recreational game that is non essential to my life.
    I enjoy a game, I play it...I don't I log out..and find another one.

Am I thankful or grateful for the game? not really..again, its a game.

But am I outraged about anything the devs do? not really..again, its a game. I can choose to go "Im tired of this..hit uninstall"

I enjoy the gameplay and want to play the game. You are suggesting that I uninstall the game because company behind it is making me tired of it and uninstall.

Cryptic handling of matters is making me feel demotivated to continue playing. So I question the fans that are still so thankful to Cryptic. Am I wrong?
  • mestericmesteric Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I am not trying to make people forget what I said, I still stand by it. If I were a mod in this forum I would probably merge all those garbage threads into one giant garbage thread and let it be. And I would also suspend the OPs for wasting mod time with something that anybody who has used a forum before should know not to do.

And this is why you are not a Mod :)
    Not once in the history of any MMO forum has that been the standard procedure of how to handle rollback, wipe, or grevience posts related to a recent game related sanfu (and the few times it WAS done in your style, it got so much backlash they made sure not to repeat that error).
    You have too much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and vinegar and not enough maturity to handle the task responsibly.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to ignore people on the forums , thanks in advance .

EDIT : Pm me if there is a legit way to do that .
  • fabmarkfabmark Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    max your atitude makes me bealive that you are one of those big exploiters and since some people have made thousund of dollars from these ad exploits alot of people dont want that wipe or rollback,the simple soulution is make anew shard and allow people the right to play on it if they wish to.
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »
    I enjoy the gameplay and want to play the game. You are suggesting that I uninstall the game because company behind it is making me tired of it and uninstall.

Cryptic handling of matters is making me feel demotivated to continue playing. So I question the fans that are still so thankful to Cryptic. Am I wrong?

You can do anything you want, but please stop making multiple threads of the same topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is getting out of hands in the forums, even though they have been told repeatedly by you guys that there will be absolutely no complete wipes or "new servers" they keep suggesting the same stupid thing over and over again.

Please issue ingame as well as forum bans to all these people that clearly can't read proper English.

Forum warriors, lay down your weapons you already lost.

How about banning you for suggesting they ban others. Get over yourself. BTW, they also said for a short while that they wouldn't do a rollback. Guess what...
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to ignore people on the forums , thanks in advance .

EDIT : Pm me if there is a legit way to do that .

Ive found a legit way. Poke yourself in the eyes.
  • protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    It's their opinion and I don't see it as dishonest or hurtful. So I read your post as "I don't like their opinion, ban them to shut them up", that's no good.

that's what I'm saying you almost sound more whiny than they do man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    How about banning you for suggesting they ban others. Get over yourself. BTW, they also said for a short while that they wouldn't do a rollback. Guess what...

Actually they did said they would possibly do a rollback, just not a complete wipe...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can do anything you want, but please stop making multiple threads of the same topic.

Since when did I start a thread?
    edited May 2013
    Ah...the beauty of being 40+ in age. There was no internet back when I was young. Where I could talk with masses of people I didn't know, and let my young ego of wanting to strut alpha male feathers lose on to millions with no common sense filter to stop me.

I wont have the embarrassing realization when I hit 40 of going "Man I was really a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, opinionated, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> strong, demanding ******* on the internet in my late teens early 20's" unlike many people I've came across :)
    edited May 2013
    Ah...the beauty of being 40+ in age.
    I wont have the embarrassing realization when I hit 40 of going "Man I was really a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, opinionated, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> strong, demanding ******* on the internet in my late teens early 20's" unlike many people I've came across :)

all your posts so far have been towards me in a very personal and hurtful way... is that all you can do?

ah, grumpy old person...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »

Only if you feel you must absolutely do what that poster suggests they would do. It would be typical herd mentality, but nowhere did I see a suggestion of "you must do what I do" in the post you quoted. I don't care what you do. If you're going to quit, then by all means, quit. If you're not, then don't. It's not up to us, it's up to you. If you are incapable of making that decision on your own, I can't help you, or rather, I won't. It shouldn't be up to me what you decide to do. Look at the current situation, make a decision, and then stick to it. It's simple, really. If you're going to quit, you don't need to make a thread, just git 'er done.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    edited May 2013
    all your posts so far have been towards me in a very personal and hurtful way... is that all you can do?

ah, grumpy old person...

Hurtful? how so..by debating with you about how you expect them to ban people?
    Im sorry if asking for the reasoning behind your demand is hurtful. or pointing out how your lack of maturity and level of angst only hurts, not helps, your cause.

And I never denied I wasn't an old, cynical, self centered, egotistical old grump.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have an older sibling in her 40's all she does is talk about bad bands like Whitesnake :<

Can PWE/Cryptic wipe her from my mind :I
  • arteniusartenius Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lol'ed at this. Ban what looks to be a least 70% of the people. Really they should ban idiots like yourself for posting things like this. Majority rules...Just read some history.

Um, sorry, newflash for you Sparky: Nowhere near 70% of the people actually playing this game frequent the forums. Way to exaggerate a statistic you couldn't possibly back up. Try actually posting facts before you disparage.
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I have an older sibling in her 40's all she does is talk about bad bands like Whitesnake :<

Hey not all of us like whitesnake...They suck now just as much as when I was 18 :)
    edited May 2013
    artenius wrote: »
    Um, sorry, newflash for you Sparky: Nowhere near 70% of the people actually playing this game frequent the forums. Way to exaggerate a statistic you couldn't possibly back up. Try actually posting facts before you disparage.

I lol'd hard, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hey, Whitesnake had a cool video, with Tawny Kitaen...
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

ah, grumpy old person...

It's true, ad hominem attacks HAVE been made on you, those are just bandwagon folks, who didn't have anything to add but wanted to get a dig in. I won't apologize for them, as they make us all look bad.

But... having said that, you've ignored decent posts to feed flame and personal attacks, again...what did you expect?

The main point of this thread, is you want people banned for an opinion, the resounding response from most people willing to put any sort of effort into posting a legitimate answer was a resounding

"NO"

And then a few women talking about their gaming induced spousal abuse etc etc... lol.

EDIT:

You're mah boyh blue!!!!!!
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive found a legit way. Poke yourself in the eyes.

HAHAHAH! New best thing posted today.

"As I stood there reading the post, I felt helpless to stop myself from continuing!"
    houserin_signature.png
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    It's true, ad hominem attacks HAVE been made on you, those are just bandwagon folks, who didn't have anything to add but wanted to get a dig in. I won't apologize for them, but they make us all look bad.

But... having said that, you've ignored decent posts to feed flame and personal attacks, again...what did you expect?

The main point of this thread, is you want people banned for an opinion, the resounding response from most people willing to put any sort of effort into posting a legitimate answer was a resounding

"NO"
    That was my responses too..until he resorted to the long version of "u mad bro? yea you mad" as to deflect actually answering on what grounds they needed to be banned, and what rule it was in violation of.
    edited May 2013
    Hurtful? how so..by debating with you about how you expect them to ban people?
    Im sorry if asking for the reasoning behind your demand is hurtful. or pointing out how your lack of maturity and level of angst only hurts, not helps, your cause.

And I never denied I wasn't an old, cynical, self centered, egotistical old grump.

I would quote you but I don't feel like derailing my thread, you should click on your name and go read your own posts, that whole page is about you bashing me because of my age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one should be banned for voicing their opinion, it's when it is insulting and nonconstructive that action should be taken, my issue (and I don't think it's the mods fault ) is the wonky way Cryptic chooses to ban people from the forums, I have seen a couple folks banned for very mild offenses, on the other hand we have a couple people here, that spew negativity and vitriol, in a manner most crude and nothing happens to them.

Bizarre to say the least.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That was my responses too..until he resorted to the long version of "u mad bro? yea you mad" as to deflect actually answering on what grounds they needed to be banned, and what rule it was in violation of.

Which is what I've been trying to convey since the very start, if he didn't intend this as a troll thread, he's certainly done nothing to salvage any sort of credibility for the thread either.
    edited May 2013

please quote any of those "you mads" from THIS THREAD that I have made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I would quote you but I don't feel like derailing my thread, you should click on your name and go read your own posts, that whole page is about you bashing me because of my age.
    No it was for your lack of maturity.. don't confuse the two, they are not mutual. Despite many thinking that the 2 advance at the same rate, so gaining one must mean gaining in the other.
    And I will be the first to admit that I was pointing out your lack of it. Quote me on that if you wish we are both in agreement on that. But don't make it about age only.
    edited May 2013
    Excuse me french stupid ****, but they have said (Cryptic / PWE) officially that there will be
    1) No complete wipe
    2) No new servers
    need say more?
    This was on page 2...you want me to quote from the other pages also? or is one example enough?

Your version of "yea stupid, you mad? I got proof..yea you mad! /END THREAD"