test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please ban players asking for full wipe / new server.

Comments

• Options
    blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its amazing,,most founders are all for wipes,,and I know a few who dont wear the founder tag that also want wipes. Yeah,,I remember how I felt buying swtor collectors edition,,,til the game came out :p
    I lol'ed at this. Ban what looks to be a least 70% of the people. Really they should ban idiots like yourself for posting things like this. Majority rules...Just read some history.
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is the fool who thought the entire situation wasn't even an exploit, lmao.
  • Options
    shmizookashmizooka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excuse me french stupid ****, but they have said (Cryptic / PWE) officially that there will be

1) No complete wipe

2) No new servers

need say more?

And.... your assumption: 3) no changing #1 or #2 no matter how bad the customer service crisis is?

I notice the Chargeback! threads aren't in your joke OP... that's ok? Rather than ask for real customer service, screw the company back?

A lot of us have experience with other products, other companies, other customer service organizations, real people in real life. It's really not unreasonable at all to express opinions that conflict with a company's statements or policies from before the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hit the fan. THINGS CHANGE. Good companies listen to their customers and sometimes change their position when there's a crisis. That's the real world, son.
  • Options
    spacedinvaderspacedinvader Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is OP's avatar a photoshopped version of an even fatter PSY?
    M i n e r v a | R e q u i e m
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lol'ed at this. Ban what looks to be a least 70% of the people. Really they should ban idiots like yourself for posting things like this. Majority rules...Just read some history.

I am sure 70% of the people in the forums make up 70% of the playerbase of ALL shards ALL timezones... ROFL LMFAO seriously? do you not know anything about gaming? My god please, do show me where it says that 70% of the playerbase wants a wipe. I be waiting right here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dementia2009dementia2009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hackers-meme-generator-they-climbing-in-your-servers-hacking-your-data-up-2a3548.jpg?1307727534.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is OP's avatar a photoshopped version of an even fatter PSY?

aw how cute, personal attacks! At least I am man enough to put a pic of myself up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mestericmesteric Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    And the foundation of the ban is? what basis does it have for its merit?
    What rules or ToS/EULA did the break asking for things?

If you can point to where it states "Asking for changes ingame is in violation of the usage agreement" then sure. Ill support your idea.
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They never said no rollbacks, if you read the past tweets you would know they said possibly rollbacks, which had absolutely zero impact with my account.

I just want the mods to start doing their jobs and delete, suspend the idiots that keep suggesting the same thing that has been repeatably told WILL NOT HAPPEN. EVER.

Now please ssh.

Their job isn't to go around enforcing your whiny little agenda. "Wahh, I don't like reading posts like that, mods, please cater to my whims and ban people so I can smile smugly to myself about how awesome I am!"

Please.

If you don't like the threads, don't read them. Jumping up onto a soapbox and throwing the forum equivalent of a hissy fit demanding everyone who you don't agree with gets banned just makes you look like a moron.
  • Options
    marksteelemarksteele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm tell ya what OP, if it makes you feel better how about they just rollback to may 1st ^.^

On another note, the people who don't want the wipe seem to be in the minority (based on the fact that there are so many threads that we have threads like this one). Thus its possible that your in the minority and thus in the wrong on this issue.

tbh I wouldnt mind if it was just the one bug BUT you have

1) foundery fast level, level 60 in one hour
    2) the other level bug that let you get 60 in one hour
    3) the ability to negate all damage by having 3 clerics cast shield
    4) the one hit boss bug
    5) the AD/AH exploit

you also have to keep in mind, the games been out for....20 days now...it's not like a lot would be lost
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aw how cute, personal attacks! At least I am man enough to put a pic of myself up.

Yea because its the universal rule that putting your pic on something on a forum is the definition of whats makes a 'man'.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am sure 70% of the people in the forums make up 70% of the playerbase of ALL shards ALL timezones... ROFL LMFAO seriously? do you not know anything about gaming? My god please, do show me where it says that 70% of the playerbase wants a wipe. I be waiting right here.

Well, you can't blame folks for making those assumptions when there is no way of knowing PRECISELY who is doing what in the game, who is leaving, who is joining etc etc.

So we can only go by what we see, and there is a LOT of folks unhappy.

Now that DOESN'T mean that every single complaint thread is legitimate, and there is a hell of a lot of trolling on this forum, I think we can all safely agree on that. But there does seem to be a general underlying feeling of displeasure at the identical bugs, being carried from one game after another. It's all fine rolling back a few hours, but who dropped the ball on this?

Was it a result of the rushed conversion of this game from "Co-Op RPG" to "MMORPG" perhaps?

Or was there another reason for it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mesteric wrote: »
    And the foundation of the ban is? what basis does it have for its merit?
    What rules or ToS/EULA did the break asking for things?

If you can point to where it states "Asking for changes ingame is in violation of the usage agreement" then sure. Ill support your idea.

the basis is that they have said officially that there will be no complete wipes / new servers. And when I go to the general discussion section I would like to see meaningful threads instead of these stupid "waahhwahhh new server I quit" threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spacedinvaderspacedinvader Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mesteric wrote: »
    Yea because its the universal rule that putting your pic on something on a forum is the definition of whats makes a 'man'.

Tyrael signatures help making men out of softly edged, 16yo boys.
    M i n e r v a | R e q u i e m
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please ban players who are asking for players who have done nothing wrong to be banned. Thank you.

&
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the basis is that they have said officially that there will be no complete wipes / new servers. And when I go to the general discussion section I would like to see meaningful threads instead of these stupid "waahhwahhh new server I quit" threads.

Again I ask where people asking for a wipe is breaking a rule that deems a ban.
    Them stating no wipes, loudly and clearly..and people asking anyway...still...doesnt...break...a...rule.
    Its annoys you. and you want the mods to be your personal police of what you wish to read. But it doesnt violate any terms.
    There is a difference.
  • Options
    gokcaygokcay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are u guys against new server idea. If its what people want let them have it.

Even tough u are not the one who did, most items sold in ah are done with one shot bug. Let people have thefreedom to play in a fresh new server. It's not that hard to buy a couple of more servers and place a new shard.
  • Options
    marksteelemarksteele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Just because thats the current decision doesn't mean people can't express their opinions. If enough people do then they change their decision.
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please ban ALL players complaining of players asking for a wipe.

I see what you did there.
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kudos op.. u want to shut up people who disagree with you... that is not facist at all...

btw, u wouldnt happen to be german by any chance ? just asking... just asking
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gokcay wrote: »
    Why are u guys against new server idea. If its what people want let them have it.

Even tough u are not the one who did, most items sold in ah are done with one shot bug. Let people have thefreedom to play in a fresh new server. It's not that hard to buy a couple of more servers and place a new shard.

The reasoning behind no new server is due to the fact that all servers will be merged eventually. Plus I believe the AH is cross-server so that negates the benefit of a new server.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marksteele wrote: »
    hmmm tell ya what OP, if it makes you feel better how about they just rollback to may 1st ^.^

On another note, the people who don't want the wipe seem to be in the minority (based on the fact that there are so many threads that we have threads like this one). Thus its possible that your in the minority and thus in the wrong on this issue.

4) the one hit boss bug
    5) the AD/AH exploit

you also have to keep in mind, the games been out for....20 days now...it's not like a lot would be lost

For the record, being in the majority does not make you right. However, I do believe that a total wipe is the only way to solve this. The zen can be refunded and the time sunk can be redone, the market CANNOT be fixed by any rollback.

LOL. It looks like I quoted the wrong post on my Ipad, but I think you can all figure it out.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I had a witty response ready, then noticed your name, nvm.

Fact: On a forum, the majority doesn't rule anything, unless they happen to be in agreement with the owner of the forum.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    For the record, being in the majority does not make you right. However, I do believe that a total wipe is the only way to solve this. The zen can be refunded and the time sunk can be redone, the market CANNOT be fixed by any rollback.

when I say right I mean that if the majority of the game wants a wipe then its the right thing to do
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wait he wants bans for the threads he thinks are pointless, and have no merit based on current given guidelines?
    Does that mean by default he should get a ban for making a thread asking for things that are already covered in the guidelines?..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »

I was about to say that (the majority part) if you believe having numbers make you right then I can only assume you are not an adult and have no idea how the world works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Banning is maybe a bit much, but I do agree that things are out of hand. There's no need (or productive use) for several threads clogging up the front page that are all essentially about the same topic.

Those threads should be merged, or one thread ought to be left alone while the rest are locked. This would ensure that General Discussion could be used for actual GENERAL discussion, as opposed to what it's being used for currently, which is quite specific except for a few exceptions.

Wrangling the situation and getting it under control would also ensure that those with malicious intent (and their friends) couldn't simply spam negative feedback in order to push positive threads off the front page as quickly as possible.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I was about to say that (the majority part) if you believe having numbers make you right then I can only assume you are not an adult and have no idea how the world works.

I can think of a quite few places in history where that is indeed how the world works.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can only assume you are not an adult and have no idea how the world works.

This coming from the guy that wants bans for asking for something he dislikes...
    There is a pot and kettle somewhere in this discussion, you two should meet, you have a lot to discuss.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marksteele wrote: »

4) the one hit boss bug
    5) the AD/AH exploit

a full wipe is risky for NWN/Cryptic. The problem is that there are more players out there than posters. We are a small fraction of it. NWN is not a smooth launch. there are a lot of people are on the fence, so a full wipe could either....

get more players or make people leave. it is a gamble Cryptic doesn't want to take.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.