test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please ban players asking for full wipe / new server.

Comments

• Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    Banning is maybe a bit much, but I do agree that things are out of hand. There's no need (or productive use) for several threads clogging up the front page that are all essentially about the same topic.

Those threads should be merged, or one thread ought to be left alone while the rest are locked. This would ensure that General Discussion could be used for actual GENERAL discussion, as opposed to what it's being used for currently, which is quite specific except for a few exceptions.

Wrangling the situation and getting it under control would also ensure that those with malicious intent (and their friends) couldn't simply spam negative feedback in order to push positive threads off the front page as quickly as possible.

My god, another human being that GETS IT! What are forums for? what are sections for? Man, I was waiting for someone like you to pop up... Kinda hard battling the forum warriors here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marksteelemarksteele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    a full wipe is risky for NWN/Cryptic. The problem is that there are more players out there than posters. We are a small fraction of it. NWN is not a smooth launch. there are a lot of people are on the fence, so a full wipe could either....

get more players or make people leave. it is a gamble Cryptic doesn't want to take.

So the simple solution would be to send a mass poll. They already have all our email addresses (so they can spam us with random stuff). Send out an email asking for the communities input. Make the results publicly visible.

(the other option would be using an automated system to poll ingame)
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    a full wipe is risky for NWN/Cryptic. The problem is that there are more players out there than posters. We are a small fraction of it. NWN is not a smooth launch. there are a lot of people are on the fence, so a full wipe could either....

get more players or make people leave. it is a gamble Cryptic doesn't want to take.

Very wise of them, to the chagrin of many a shill I'm certain.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    mestericmesteric Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    My god, another human being that GETS IT! What are forums for? what are sections for? Man, I was waiting for someone like you to pop up... Kinda hard battling the forum warriors here.
    YAY you made an internet friend!:rolleyes:
    Now you wont have to play keyboard cowboy all alone!
    happy happy days!

What he stated, and you did are not the same idea.
    You asked for bans, he asked for merely to be merged..see a difference?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    huh? I have spent way more than "200", I could care less. I don't want to start crafting and gathering expensive enchantments all over again which is not happening because it has been confirmed that it will not happen.

So please, stop it.

You sir are a genius I salute you O.O<
  • Options
    pennstateitpennstateit Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    It is getting out of hands in the forums, even though they have been told repeatedly by you guys that there will be absolutely no complete wipes or "new servers" they keep suggesting the same stupid thing over and over again.

Please issue ingame as well as forum bans to all these people that clearly can't read proper English.

Forum warriors, lay down your weapons you already lost.

So your solution to a debate is to completely shut out the other side. You would love Washington.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    huh? I have spent way more than "200", I could care less. I don't want to start crafting and gathering expensive enchantments all over again which is not happening because it has been confirmed that it will not happen.

So please, stop it.

Is that like the "confirmed" there would be no roll-back, about an hour before they did a roll-back?

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

am I being trolled? or are you serious... hard to tell with the kind of people I have been up against...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coggage wrote: »
    Just kill the whiny "wipe the servers" threads, for the love of god.
    +1, and +1 for OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

*Remembers Nepht from the CO forums probably*
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People will always be...well..people. It is human nature to be stupid or to try and force one's belief on to another. It is the person themselves that must decide if what is being forced fact or fiction. Sadly, many of the forum goers believe in the fiction rather than find out for themselves.

I wouldn't suggest a ban but it would be nice to get the spread of the 'disease' to stop. Perhaps just send all the threads to the lower depths?

Edit: I would also like to note that using the forums as a 'The Majority of the Community Agrees' argue is silly. There is probably between 1-10% of actual people who play the game on any MMO forum, including this one. There is no way to see what the Majority would like without Cryptic placing an ingame poll that is required upon login on what they believe.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    marksteelemarksteele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is that like the "confirmed" there would be no roll-back, about an hour before they did a roll-back?

All The Best

Indeed, essentially if enough players want a wipe, despite any promises to the contrary, they will do a wipe. What they need to do is poll everyone and get the full picture.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the OP was previously insisting that the GF exploit wasn't an exploit, I don't think we need rocket science to figure out where he's coming from.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    am I being trolled? or are you serious... hard to tell with the kind of people I have been up against...
    Id say trolled, since a genius (or average joe) could smell that sarcasm from across the street.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excuse me french stupid ****, but they have said (Cryptic / PWE) officially that there will be

1) No complete wipe

2) No new servers

need say more?
    So a rollback to say, hour 5 of open beta, is not a complete wipe.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Since the OP was previously insisting that the GF exploit wasn't an exploit, I don't think we need rocket science to figure out where he's coming from.

He's consistently delusional like most fanboys.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    edited May 2013

All The Best

you know, I would love to grab those quotes from the tweet / forum posts but here is what happened:

People asked if wipe will happened, they responded with No complete wipes / no new server. (note the word complete)

after a few hours when they had enough data they said that a possible rollback might be inevitable (note the word rollback)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dementia2009dementia2009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bad-advice-cat-meme-generator-wipe-the-servers-they-will-come-df904f.jpg
  • Options
    spacedinvaderspacedinvader Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No worries, you are being trolled.
    Nobody could possibly take you seriously, let alone take you for a genius.

Yes, battling the forum warriors is hard. Especially if someone is as poorly armed as you are.
    M i n e r v a | R e q u i e m
  • Options
    gokcaygokcay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An other solution is bind everything to current owner and delete AD's over 300k from the characters. Of course there will be great loss but better than server wide wipe and will solve AH exploit and overwhelming number of items due to one shot bug...
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Remembers Nepht from the CO forums probably*

OHAI!, Sup :D
  • Options
    neverlaguneneverlagune Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone with a Hero of the North has just become the laughing stock of the game and forum.

Cryptic should be generous and reward all founders with a Ointment of KY Jelly

I can understand no wipe ( not really cause I think they should ) but they as a company should of gone the middle road and at least opened a new server. For damage control, you could please everyone with a new server imo. They could have the servers merge in a couple of months when games by real companies who give a **** about the in-game economy finally launch and their player base drops drastically.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I was against a wipe, but Now id vote yes just to see what kinda post this teen angst rager would make :)
    Re-leveling to 20 for me, Id say its a price worth paying for that.
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    People will always be...well..people. It is human nature to be stupid or to try and force one's belief on to another. It is the person themselves that must decide if what is being forced fact or fiction. Sadly, many of the forum goers believe in the fiction rather than find out for themselves.

I wouldn't suggest a ban but it would be nice to get the spread of the 'disease' to stop. Perhaps just send all the threads to the lower depths?

Edit: I would also like to note that using the forums as a 'The Majority of the Community Agrees' argue is silly. There is probably between 1-10% of actual people who play the game on any MMO forum, including this one. There is no way to see what the Majority would like without Cryptic placing an ingame pool that is required upon login on what they believe.

You do realize that what you said fits the OP perfectly, right?

"Everyone who posts something I don't like should be banned!"

Consolidating all the threads about a wipe is fine. Demanding that the people posting them be banned? You don't fix people whining by whining even louder about them and demanding they get banned for expressing their opinion.
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone with a Hero of the North has just become the laughing stock of the game and forum.

Cryptic should be generous and reward all founders with a Ointment of KY Jelly

I can understand no wipe ( not really cause I think they should ) but they as a company should of gone the middle road and at least opened a new server. For damage control, you could please everyone with a new server imo. They could have the servers merge in a couple of months when games by real companies who give a **** about the in-game economy finally launch and their player base drops drastically.

Except that they are planning to merge the servers into one later down the road. You must have missed that post during the beginning stages of the game.
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marksteele wrote: »
    Indeed, essentially if enough players want a wipe, despite any promises to the contrary, they will do a wipe. What they need to do is poll everyone and get the full picture.

Well, my guild is a small sample size, but the people I spoke to about this this morning all asked "What would a wipe fix". So, since a majority of my guild feels like a wipe would accomplish nothing, I can safely say that the community feels like a wipe wouldn't fix anything. Am I doing it right?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Unfortunately, I'm just passing through. I was here earlier though, and I see all of those positive threads have been swept off the front page by all the green-skinned fellows. Here are just a few that I thought to subscribe to while I was posting. Don't let them sweep the fans of this game off the front page. Take the torch I'm passing to you and keep it burning. If you're going to be on the forums anyway, when you see a friendly thread, leave your support in it. The bad guys are trying very hard to make things appear a certain way.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?268791-Thank-you-Cryptic-(The-non-backhanded-quot-Thank-You-quot-thread-)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?268632-The-official-fanboy-girl-Neverwinter-thread-list-(Non-Quitters)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?269121-Cryptic-My-hat-is-off-to-you
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    You do realize that what you said fits the OP perfectly, right?

"Everyone who posts something I don't like should be banned!"

Consolidating all the threads about a wipe is fine. Demanding that the people posting them be banned? You don't fix people whining by whining even louder about them and demanding they get banned for expressing their opinion.
    You also don't fix whining by whining louder. Placing them all in one thread is fine. I feel bad for the mods that have to go through all the pages of the forum to do that. It would be best to just start an official discussion topic and remove the others and then remove the new ones that pop up.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a bit much at this point, isn't it?

I voiced my opinion but the decision has already been made. They said that already.

No wipe. A mod said that point blank. "Not happening" was the phrase iirc.

New shard? They are getting merged. What, in tarnation, would be the point? It doesn't even make sense.

But...

The next time it might be you who has a beef and want to voice your opinion.

If threads are deleted willy nilly than the future suffers.

Let them get it out of their system.

Reality has this way of not going anywhere and must be recognized at some point.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    He's consistently delusional like most fanboys.

I leave for three hours and come back and you're STILL at it? You have GOT to be getting paid for this.

Off to run errands. I'm sure you'll still be posting away when I get back.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"