test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long with Neverwinter last?

Comments

• labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Dude that a character shows up again after 25 levels doesn't make for a great story, it feels more like an easter-egg than any kind of continuity of a storyline.

I really have no problems with questing in this game but it's on par with vanilla WoW or something, basically no real story.

What ? Did you listen to the dialog ? He is having a life crisis and once again I saved him . Kind of funny since you originally went to save his wife and she is pretty well adjusted . Also same map I got to talk to the avatar of Grummish , and he didn't kill me ...yet .
    Plus the lore books are sometimes funny . I read them all , not just click on them and run by .
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, for my part, it's not really about the amount of content as much as it is about the complexity and depth of the systems in the game. Far too shallow for my taste, doesn't matter how much content they add. (Sorry not sure how to put it delicately).

Complexity? I did mention pong in my first post mainly as a comparison from then and now. How much more complex do you want?

You don't want to enjoy the ride as the game fleshes out then by all means go find a game that appeals to your nature.

I am just trying to toss some encouragement out to folks that sit there and read all the doom and gloom threads and start buying into the herd mentality.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Complexity? I did mention pong in my first post mainly as a comparison from then and now. How much more complex do you want?

You don't want to enjoy the ride as the game fleshes out then by all means go find a game that appeals to your nature.

I am just trying to toss some encouragement out to folks that sit there and read all the doom and gloom threads and start buying into the herd mentality.

That would be well and good if they decided to label the game as Pong 2013. D&D tends to have a bit more meat on the bone. Neverwinter Nights is an older game, some would even consider it oldschool or w/e. Compare it to that game instead, makes more sense than pong.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    What ? Did you listen to the dialog ? He is having a life crisis and once again I saved him . Kind of funny since you originally went to save his wife and she is pretty well adjusted .
    I know I played the game, I'm just saying there isn't much of story to it no matter how you look at it.
    As an oldtimer you seem kinda naive to think this game will get a lot better.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013
    That would be well and good if they decided to label the game as Pong 2013. D&D tends to have a bit more meat on the bone.

I remember playing D&D, AD&D, etc....WE had a pencil and paper...and used our imaginations.

Now it seems that folks lack the imagination part and just want to compete and complete.
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    As an oldtimer you seem kinda naive to think this game will get a lot better.

As an old timer you seem kinda naive to think the game will not evolve.

I don't need to chase the sun. I play to have fun, I am having fun here...ERGO I will be hanging out.
    edited May 2013
    I remember playing D&D, AD&D, etc....WE had a pencil and paper...and used our imaginations.

Now it seems that folks lack the imagination part and just want to compete and complete.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I enjoy the more challenging parts of the game. The questing leaves little to the imagination. And I feel you sell D&D short, if you want to reduce it to pencil and paper. The game had a nice amount of depth and complexity, but was also flexible enough to allow for other styles of play.
    edited May 2013
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I enjoy the more challenging parts of the game. The questing leaves little to the imagination. And I feel you sell D&D short, if you want to reduce it to pencil and paper. The game had a nice amount of depth and complexity, but was also flexible enough to allow for other styles of play.

I gave it the greatest kudos when I said we used our imagination.
  • jbrelsjbrels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the quests.
    edited May 2013
    I gave it the greatest kudos when I said we used our imagination.

I must have misunderstood the emphasis on "WE". In any case, I found that NWN captured that spirit of imagination and creativity very well, for example. However many hundreds or thousands of player made worlds and modules etc. I just don't think the tools are there in NW to do that.
  • s1th1s1th1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I disagree, and in no way said any poster was a troll. My opinion of the game is, its rad. I play with a group of 6 gaming friends and we've met a bunch of super nice people playing. We run our dungeons, we get our gear, we farm together. We have no problems with the Zen store, the AH, or the classes. We're all 8k + GS and generally everything feels pretty good. Sure there are bugs and there is room for improvement, but thats what we expected going into the open beta.

I know a lot of you say, 'dis dot opun beta if pay for monuh' . 'p2w lulz 350broScopeTaylorzSwiyt' but there are a lot of people that are very happy playing the game. And a small vocal minority of people that are just generally upset with the way things are.

the negative people seem the loudest, but thats because the people that are having fun are actually playing not stomping around asking for MORE Free.
  • zeldainkneehighszeldainkneehighs Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After Open Beta ends(lol! this is open beta!?!?!), they will release another tier of dungeons, perhaps fix the feats that are still bugged, maybe patch up some exploits, could possibly respond to their community, and of course: GET THAT ZEN SHOP ROCKIN WITH NEW GEAR!

Until then, I dunno...I guess people will play until they get bored and find a new game? I have more fun laughing at people on the forums than I do playing Neverwinter. Why do you care what the longevity of the game is? People still play ****ty games from the nineties so why wouldn't this game last?
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Until then, I dunno...I guess people will play until they get bored and find a new game? I have more fun laughing at people on the forums than I do playing Neverwinter. Why do you care what the longevity of the game is? People still play ****ty games from the nineties so why wouldn't this game last?
    People only still play games from the nineties if they are actually good, no one picks up an old ****ty game and plays it.
    edited May 2013
    s1th1 wrote: »
    I disagree, and in no way said any poster was a troll. My opinion of the game is, its rad. I play with a group of 6 gaming friends and we've met a bunch of super nice people playing. We run our dungeons, we get our gear, we farm together. We have no problems with the Zen store, the AH, or the classes. We're all 8k + GS and generally everything feels pretty good. Sure there are bugs and there is room for improvement, but thats what we expected going into the open beta.

I know a lot of you say, 'dis dot opun beta if pay for monuh' . 'p2w lulz 350broScopeTaylorzSwiyt' but there are a lot of people that are very happy playing the game. And a small vocal minority of people that are just generally upset with the way things are.

the negative people seem the loudest, but thats because the people that are having fun are actually playing not stomping around asking for MORE Free.
    You are funny because you are the one acting like a ****** here.

NO ONE is asking for "MORE free" whatever that is supposed to mean.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jjb828 wrote: »
    I really, really don't know what you're trying to do... Obviously you paid for the game, so you like it. If you want to play it be my guest, don't get mad when you get bored by summer/mid june. I warned you.

I have paid for numerous games that I don't like, Guild Wars being one of them. I liked and defended Neverwinter before I spent anything on it (which was yesterday).

Don't worry, I won't get mad. I will be enjoying this game for some time to come.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what do half of you spend your time doing?
    NEVERWINTER
    Log in> Farm your AD quests> Professions> Sit around and/or log off? PvPer or PvE'r

GUILD WARS
    Log In> PvP> Spend PvP Tokens> Set up new and unique build> Test new and unique build, continue until boredom for the day. PvPer

Log In> Go to Mission area> Find group> Complete Mission> Stay with group fighting to next area, make potential friends or buddies to quest with> Do next Mission> Get to desired area, and begin farming for your good gear. PvE'r

There's not much to do on this game, I logged in again today, played a little, and boredom struck instantly. Guild Wars/Runescape did it right by giving a bigger PvP with more enjoyment (Either in the form of tokens for Weapons, Armors, new skills, or rares OR in the form of looting your enemies dead body) and also by having a better and bigger amount of things to do (Farming for rare weapons WITHOUT dungeons and getting skills up on Runescape)
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't much care for PVP, it is not a draw for me.

I enjoy questing, I enjoy playing the auction house, I enjoy doing professions. I also enjoy roleplaying. Admitedly, I haven't seen much here yet, but hopefully that will improve with time.

There is potentially unlimited questing available with the Foundry. I have enjoyed the ones I've done so far.
  • karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Heh, people who play a Dungeons and Dragons game and don't want to run dungeons (a few with Dragons at the end) all the time make me laugh.
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    I don't much care for PVP, it is not a draw for me.

I enjoy questing, I enjoy playing the auction house, I enjoy doing professions. I also enjoy roleplaying. Admitedly, I haven't seen much here yet, but hopefully that will improve with time.

There is potentially unlimited questing available with the Foundry. I have enjoyed the ones I've done so far.

The Foundry is very limited and is still not working to the best of it's ability in my opinion. Much more should be done
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
    edited May 2013
    Heh, people who play a Dungeons and Dragons game and don't want to run dungeons (a few with Dragons at the end) all the time make me laugh.

I don't mind the dungeons, just not having any choice to do things besides that kills it
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry is very limited and is still not working to the best of it's ability in my opinion. Much more should be done

It, as well as the game in general, is in its infancy. Much more will be done with it.
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It, as well as the game in general, is in its infancy. Much more will be done with it.

Hopefully but I fear it will be too little too late. It is impossible to produce content at the pace that a player can consume it. And it doesn't matter if the game is called "beta" when people are already playing it and already getting bored. The content really needs to be there when you let everyone in the game, and when you don't plan to wipe it anymore (avoiding the term "launch" here to dodge that argument).
    edited May 2013

The game hardly released with enough content to be called beta, let alone Open Beta.
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main problem for now is always feels is way to many adds each one with a red zone to avoid
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dude chill only been 3 weeks out, i bet they're making fixes and improvements as we speak, you can't expect a beta game to be finished in such short time. This game is good and will get better as time passes, give it time. D3 however, was complete (xept pvp) when it released and it still sucked, I finished inferno in 1 month and I'm not even a hardcore gamer. They just made that paragon levels <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to keep people playing. Talk about game's longetivity.

I'm hoping for a battlegrounds style pvp like in gw2 (wvw) that kept me playing the game till i quit after 1800+hrs of gameplay.
  • teseratorteserator Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree with everything you said. Once i hit L60 there's no point in playing anymore. However besides the prices. The game is great. But if you cant keep people playing then they are going to leave. The only thing to do is wait in queue and kill mobs to get enchantments to sell and get AD's to get Epic gear. But there is absolutely nothing to do with that nice epic gear.

Edit: Also the experience needs a 60% reduction or something . The leveling is so fast. Like seriously
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    dude chill only been 3 weeks out, i bet they're making fixes and improvements as we speak, you can't expect a beta game to be finished in such short time. This game is good and will get better as time passes, give it time.

It is reasonable to not expect a lot when a company gives something the title "beta". But unfortunately that doesn't really matter, it doesn't add a single bit of content to the game. All that having low expectations does is that you don't get disappointed. You can still get bored even if you always expected to get bored.

Bored people tend to quit and getting them back is difficult. We have seen it happen to a lot of games over the years now.
  • lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    How long will Neverwinter last?

Well there's no endgame at level 60, so for me? Another couple of days maybe.

The dungeon group finder is broken so it's almost pointless to do that. The AH is broken so it's an exercise in futility to play the market unless you're a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The Foundry is a laughingstock of grammar-challenged preteens, plus the concept is broken and only rewards the quickest and easiest efforts.

Gauntlegrym doesn't exist yet despite all the happy emails telling me to go there. That just ****ing astonished me... the developers actually placed code in the game which emails your account and tells you how much fun you're going to have in these new areas! They just forgot to actually implement it. Or rem out the code that sends the erroneous emails. Which genius is in charge of that decision?

When I log in right now I wander around a little and play my two PvP domination matches for AD, then I get bored. Then I log off.
    Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
    edited May 2013
    The game hardly released with enough content to be called beta, let alone Open Beta.

If you dislike the game, why do you continue to involve yourself with it? When I don't enjoy a form of entertainment, I drop it and forget about it.
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks bros. :)
    platinu wrote: »
    I loved those. I did 'Level 27' a few days ago and it also made me laugh out loud. The Saga of OJ is another one that's very humorous and well done.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34