test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How long with Neverwinter last?

Comments

• Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does it matter? If you enjoy it then just play until you don't then go play something else and if you don't enjoy it then simply go away and play something you do until if and when they make changes you want to see. It's not the end of the world.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does it matter? If you enjoy it then just play until you don't then go play something else and if you don't enjoy it then simply go away and play something you do until if and when they make changes you want to see. It's not the end of the world.

ssssssh! he is giving us his opinion, or so the other said. Something like that
    Sounded like trolling to me but hey, I was clearly wrong!
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm almost done now :)

With neverwinter that is... I'd give you my stuff but it's bound.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    No he is not giving his opinion, he is trying to persuade others that this game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and they have to leave otherwise.. well otherwise dunno, as it's all in his head. And yours apparently

Neverwinter is fun, and I'm having fun with it, but I know it will not last long in its currently state.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ssssssh! he is giving us his opinion, or so the other said. Something like that
    Sounded like trolling to me but hey, I was clearly wrong!

You are taking this too personally. I gave my opinion on what I believe are good things about MMO's, which this game doesn't have. Yeah it has kept my attention up until now (It's dropping, though)

I never said "Hey mutharex quit this game bro it blows" I made this to tell people "Hey, this game doesn't look like it's going to last for a long time" even if a lot of people are taking it personally
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    demampdemamp Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Well, it is a Beta. You're comparing this game with a completely released one, that has lots of expansions.

Oh come on. No more wipes, fully functional store, this is a full release. Companies are just doing the extended open beta thing to relieve them from the pressure of polish, reviews and to get in early revenue. It is a business strategy. I have no problem with this at all as Path of Exile did the same thing and I love that game to death. I'm just saying that we gotta call a spade a spade here this is release but like every mmo there are plenty of things that need fixing after launch.
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Obviously when you realistically talk about longevity it isn't about doomsaying but more of a prediction on player retention. MMOs die very slowly and very unpredictably. But player retention does follow a pattern and it can be fairly accurately estimated by looking at the content.

In the case of NW the content just isn't there. If they were clever they would improve the foundry and let people create the content. They could even pick the best ones and make "heroic" versions of them as actual end game progression. Would solve the eternal issue of players consuming content ten times faster than developers can create it.

In the end there was tremendous potential here but it was wasted in numerous ways. I would bet a lot of it was because of financial reasons more than anything.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jjb828 wrote: »
    You are taking this too personally. I gave my opinion on what I believe are good things about MMO's, which this game doesn't have. Yeah it has kept my attention up until now (It's dropping, though)

I never said "Hey mutharex quit this game bro it blows" I made this to tell people "Hey, this game doesn't look like it's going to last for a long time" even if a lot of people are taking it personally

Thanks god we still have concerned people like you!
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally, some people understand that this game doesn't have what it takes to survive for a fair amount of time.

I feel like all they care about is the money
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    theenigma7theenigma7 Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Derp i keep forgetting to quote when i post
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think we need more kids in this thread, to lower the level, this is all way too complex
  • Options
    brothertanbrothertan Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    I think we need more kids in this thread, to lower the level, this is all way too complex

U mad bro ?
    Did I do it right ?
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    i think that your "guild wars" wasnt in open beta when u played it,am i right?
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gotta love the comedy.

This game doesn't have what it takes(HAHAHAHAHAHA).....sorry...almost spit out my coffee....see I remember when video games started and all we had was a paddle and a game called pong.

I have played many different types of games and stayed with them for years at a time. This game has plenty of content.

The problem is the last couple of generations has been raised under the hyper competitive crowd, the ones that race down the road to pass you...only to stop at the red light same as you.

Games are hobbies to me. I will be sticking around here for the foreseeable future. Anyone else that wants to jump ship i hope you find what you are looking for in your never ending search for the "high" you seek.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Gotta love the comedy.

This game doesn't have what it takes(HAHAHAHAHAHA).....sorry...almost spit out my coffee....see I remember when video games started and all we had was a paddle and a game called pong.

I have played many different types of games and stayed with them for years at a time. This game has plenty of content.

The problem is the last couple of generations has been raised under the hyper competitive crowd, the ones that race down the road to pass you...only to stop at the red light same as you.

Games are hobbies to me. I will be sticking around here for the foreseeable future. Anyone else that wants to jump ship. Hope you find what you are looking for in your never ending search for the "high" you seek.
    I'm sure I'm as old as you, so don't think you are somehow a representative for your age group (I'm 48 btw.)

The OP has a point, this game possibly could have had a future with the right publisher and another payment model.
  • Options
    s1th1s1th1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotta love the comedy.

Games are hobbies to me. I will be sticking around here for the foreseeable future. Anyone else that wants to jump ship i hope you find what you are looking for in your never ending search for the "high" you seek.

yes please, if you all think the game doesn't have what it takes. MOVE OUT, PLEASE! stop trolling /z stop AFK Q'ing, just GTFO. I can't wait for 2 months from now when we have a positive community, and not a bunch of (in fact not a bunch just a small minority) whining children complaining about w/e the guy next to them is complaining about with out offering a single constructive thing to the discussion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    s1th1 wrote: »
    yes please, if you all think the game doesn't have what it takes. MOVE OUT, PLEASE! stop trolling /z stop AFK Q'ing, just GTFO. I can't wait for 2 months from now when we have a positive community, and not a bunch of (in fact not a bunch just a small minority) whining children complaining about w/e the guy next to them is complaining about with out offering a single constructive thing to the discussion.
    You are delusional and in breach of the forum rules (calling other posters trolls is not allowed).
  • Options
    direbornedireborne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only redeeming quality to this game is the combat system. They did it right. It's fun. It's paced perfectly - not slow and clunky, like GW2 (which is what killed that game for me) but not an insane click-fest like D3 or PoE where you spam one skill 99.9% of the time either. The actual process of leveling is rather fun too; I am still enjoying it, no less with classes I normally wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll (cleric, tank).

But after you get to 60 you're done. The knowledge that you can buy the best gear possible for cash kills any incentive to actually grind for that gear. Besides the dungeons are a nonsensical, ridiculous joke, magnified tenfold by the terrible half-baked queue system wherein it matches 3 rogues and 2 wizards for a t2 over and over again. Foundry might have been fun but it's expensive with no reward, meaning that it's overtuned at high levels. You end up using so many consumables it's a net loss in the end, seeing as how nothing good ever drops there. So again, what's the incentive? For the story(s)? It may work for some, doesn't for me and many others. Round it off with the general feeling that you're very much being coerced into spending money rather than encouraged - and if I never see another '<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has aquired a Heavy Nightmare' it will be too soon - and you've got a game that, for me, won't last beyond oh, another two weeks or so, despite the very fun gameplay.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gotta love the comedy.

The thing is that this game HAS equal to or less to offer content wise than most other games that are new or in beta add to that the tons of exploits, bugs, and the general lack of caring about the game the devs have shown, why should any one bother with this game over generic MMO xyz?

No one cares about your old timer rant of back in my day, games are no longer like pong. A consumer should objectively play a game and decide if the content is worth his time or money, and not silently sit back or offer blind praise, like people seem to think.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    direborne wrote: »
    The only redeeming quality to this game is the combat system. They did it right. It's fun. It's paced perfectly - not slow and clunky, like GW2 (which is what killed that game for me)
    I agree so much, now that I'm kinda done with NW I went and tried GW2 again and it was so clunky, combat in this game is pretty much perfect for an action MMO too bad Cryptic didn't get another publisher.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What ? Linkletter and his wife show up again around level 52 . The story in this game is pretty solid . Just seeing them again was cool . Now I want to see Zoey and her hawt sister again too :P
  • Options
    lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    What ? Linkletter and his wife show up again around level 52 . The story in this game is pretty solid . Just seeing them again was cool . Now I want to see Zoey and her hawt sister again too :P

Reported for spoiler
  • Options
    usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I think Foundry system would keep the game last a bit long than other MMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Dude that a character shows up again after 25 levels doesn't make for a great story, it feels more like an easter-egg than any kind of continuity of a storyline.

I really have no problems with questing in this game but it's on par with vanilla WoW or something, basically no real story.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gotta love the comedy.

Yep had Pong as well, then Atari Nintendo Sega, etc etc. Played D&D when it came in a red box and a blue box (still have all my old source material too). Never did understand what was supposed to be "1st edition" though, was it the Basic and Expert rules or AD&D? ;)

I'm probably as old as you are, but games aren't meant to have the replayability as the games of old these days. At least that was the sentiment from a Bobby Kotick quote I read somewhere, disposable games or some such. I'm sure I'll still be playing NWN long after NW is uninstalled.

I have the high I seek in other games, and I just made it to 60 in this game and farmed the PvP gear, so now the real game begins for me... the challenging higher tier dungeons. I wanted to at least stick around this long and see how it is, but probably won't be around for long. Sorry you have to suffer the rambling of an old D&D geek, but blame PW/Cryptic for labeling it as a D&D Neverwinter title. ;)
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow...not enough content....I really don't know what to tell you people.

There is plenty of content for a game that has yet to launch.

Look, you want to have the doom and gloom attitudes then by all means go right ahead. Me, I will be enjoying my hobby.
  • Options
    direbornedireborne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    I agree so much, now that I'm kinda done with NW I went and tried GW2 again and it was so clunky, combat in this game is pretty much perfect for an action MMO too bad Cryptic didn't get another publisher.

Lulz, same. I went back to GW2 once I got too annoyed with the whole NW cash shop business; I have 2 max lvl toons and a number of mid-level alts there. Every single one is a hedious bore to play. Cast times/channeling on everything, including melee. No thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Look, you want to have the doom and gloom attitudes then by all means go right ahead. Me, I will be enjoying my hobby.

Level 1-60 in 4-5 days of playing, doing evrey quest. A few weeks to run the same dungies over and over for T2. Broken PvP with 2 maps. Foundries that aren't really even worth your time to do.

Yup that whole month of content will truly last this game a long time.
  • Options
    pyke1pyke1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry is what really interests me. The Planescape campaign so far has been far and away better than any main quest they've had so far, and Bill's Tavern had me laughing at my keyboard. I could see myself logging in now and then to try Foundry quests long after I've moved on from the game.

But Star Citizen...the grip it already has on my soul...no promises can be made.

OH WOW. Thanks for mentioning this game. Never heard of it, but it looks amazing.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Well, for my part, it's not really about the amount of content as much as it is about the complexity and depth of the systems in the game. Far too shallow for my taste, doesn't matter how much content they add. (Sorry not sure how to put it delicately).