test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Gamer Exclusive

deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys just noticed this post on the front page of Neverwinter Site and decided to make a thread to talk about it and add the quotes about the unique code.

"Featuring four unique covers and a unique key code that can be redeemed to randomly receive one of two exclusive mounts, this special issue of PC Gamer will be available on newsstands on January 8, 2013. You can also find it at the Apple Newsstand, Zinio, Google Play, and other digital stores on January 8, 2013. If you're already a subscriber to PC Gamer, your issue should already be on its way!"

So this looks good. Personally I want the white mount(yes I know it is random). I think I will get it for my nook and then find a physical copy for the fact I like physical magazines.
I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by deathssickle on

Comments

• Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ryyvik mentioned it also in the "Product Manager Tweet for PWI what do you think it means?" thread . Prob a good idea though to have its own thread so more peeps see it though :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It feels good to say "this is a step in the right direction." :)
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll probably pick up this issue from the newsstand. Hopefully it'll have some new tidbits about the game and the mount is a nice perk. :)
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2012
    So I'm going to have to buy an issue of PC gamer. Lame.

Heh, it'll be worth it for the mount. Are they printing all four covers?

I'd hate to have to buy 4 copies of the same magazine.
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pcgamerred_zps0ac533ff.jpg

Not a bad cover, but it's missing something...

pcgamerjade_zps03744607.jpg

Ah... much better!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    of course - for whatever reason - the international subscription is TWICE as expensive as the us one...lol thats a joke and the kind of thing i dont want to see...but honestly, who cares, i guarantee you you will be able to get a white or black horse without pc gamer - or do you think white and black horses are exclusive and everyone else rides a brown one? not gonna happen...you probably will be able to purchase them or get slightly different models...so no worry, and dont throw money at them before they start delivering something...up to this day its all talking and no showing
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Ah... much better!
    lol_sign_001.gif
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can say I know many mounts will be in game thanks to the tweets we've seen so far, but this is a way to get it without grinding and/or getting secondary currency to buy them. And for those internationally connected, the digital download has the key too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wonder if you enter multiple keys if you have a chance of getting both mounts?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wonder if you enter multiple keys if you have a chance of getting both mounts?

Good question I also wonder if these mounts will be tradable? My wife and I will each get an issue to each get a mount, would be nice if we could trade for a matching set or just to be able to swap if we prefer what the other one has. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Good question I also wonder if these mounts will be tradable? My wife and I will each get an issue to each get a mount, would be nice if we could trade for a matching set or just to be able to swap if we prefer what the other one has. lol

Exactly, it would really suck if you bought four magazines and got all of one colour, or if you got a message that said you already entered a PC gamer code.... Cryptic usually isn't like that because when STO was in beta they were very liberal with how their promo codes worked...I just hope they stick with that.
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    First lockbox problems...
  • Options
    hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fantastic artwork on those covers. I wonder wether there will be a fanzine for FR in that kind of quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    hippyo wrote: »
    Fantastic artwork on those covers. I wonder wether there will be a fanzine for FR in that kind of quality.

It would be nice but magazines like that unless they are fan made and free tend not to do so well the EQ and WoW magazines didn't last long at all.
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Most people these days don't even bother reading the quest information text, why would they read a magazine. Its hard to keep a publication going for a handful of people
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    galvayra wrote: »
    Most people these days don't even bother reading the quest information text, why would they read a magazine. Its hard to keep a publication going for a handful of people

Apropos to nothing I guess.... considering that PC gamer has quite a large subscriber base for a gaming magazine.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    WotC have been selling (to me) meaningless fan paraphernalia, and it would make a great opening page for a character portfolio. I would decorate my home with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    You're so funny, Jade!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ( : ) You misunderstand, Jenkins, and i mean it !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    can't see large <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> -1
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    adaram648 wrote: »
    You're so funny, Jade!
    zebular wrote: »
    lol_sign_001.gif

thanks!

must do something to keep myself entertained during this long wait...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Loving the new avatar Jade! Show those Cryptic Artists how stabby stabby elves are supposed to be drawn.
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Apropos to nothing I guess.... considering that PC gamer has quite a large subscriber base for a gaming magazine.

Yes its a gaming magazine not a one game magazine, notice the difference?
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Loving the new avatar Jade! Show those Cryptic Artists how stabby stabby elves are supposed to be drawn.

Thanks! Drawn and colored!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nicely done Lady Jade the Stabby Stabby!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]