test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How long with Neverwinter last?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I WAS going to say that this is a pointless thread and it really all comes down to the individual player's opinion....

but.

To answer your question......Right up to when ESO comes out.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry is what really interests me. The Planescape campaign so far has been far and away better than any main quest they've had so far, and Bill's Tavern had me laughing at my keyboard. I could see myself logging in now and then to try Foundry quests long after I've moved on from the game.

But Star Citizen...the grip it already has on my soul...no promises can be made.

The foundry? LOL It is only there because the Dev's are to lazy to create anything themselves. Sorry, I do not want to play some content created by some random idiot player that thinks he/she has a clue what they are doing. Ive tried it out, and the spelling, the design, the story's are just bad.

Foundry=Lazy Dev's

End of story
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    I WAS going to say that this is a pointless thread and it really all comes down to the individual player's opinion....

but.

To answer your question......Right up to when ESO comes out.

I can not wait for ESO, and then EQ Next after that. both will be 2 of the greatest MMO's out there, and they are P2P, thank goodness.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    I can not wait for ESO, and then EQ Next after that. both will be 2 of the greatest MMO's out there, and they are P2P, thank goodness.

yeah i'm really hopin ESO has a sub fee or at least handles a cash shop as admirably as Arenanet handles theirs. Honestly though, I really miss the sub fee. lol
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kahnhoongkahnhoong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope can last long, but the server kinna weird, cant see my friend at a same spot
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Thanks bros. :)

Can we remove the **** birds, though? ;)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game will last longer then yet another one of these complete useless and mindless threads...thats for sure
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »

Those are the next 2 stops of the 'hate train', they will be so hyped that however good they are, they will be sunk by the usual <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that plague all MMOs, wanna bet?
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game will last longer then yet another one of these complete useless and mindless threads...thats for sure

Thread was started by a bored kid stuck in classroom. Of course, where there are faeces, all the flies come a-buzzing...
  • Options
    akmorai1akmorai1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ****, my popcorn is out, brb.
  • Options
    rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    It wont last long unless Cryptic fix and rebalance end game dungeons/group play.

All classes need to feel like they have a role in encounters, aggro/tanking needs to be stabilized/sorted and the amount of adds on every boss fight needs to adjusted/lowered so it doesnt feel like a **** chaotic cluster****.
  • Options
    silentblowzsilentblowz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The end is near,.... i see it coming....
    Anyone know of any mmo thats free to play and truly free to win with no exploits? recommend me tyty,
    i do not like to stay on a sinking boat :P
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The FTP will fool most so it will be around awhile ofcourse.
    Problem is, you can fork out for the GW2 discs real cheap and never pay a dime again, you will pay alot less than this FTP game lol.
    GW2 has massive awsome pvp that any **** can play easily, Neverwinter has the worst PvP you will see.
    I think with Neverwinter released it will raise interest in likes of GW2 more weirdly enough.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fewzz wrote: »
    Problem is, you can fork out for the GW2 discs real cheap and never pay a dime again, you will pay alot less than this FTP game lol.
    GW2 has massive awsome pvp that any **** can play easily, Neverwinter has the worst PvP you will see.
    I think with Neverwinter released it will raise interest in likes of GW2 more weirdly enough.

I'll pass on GW2, reason is that GW1's lifespan is till GW2 is out and GW2's lifespan is till gw3 comes out
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll pass on GW2, reason is that GW1's lifespan is till GW2 is out and GW2's lifespan is till gw3 comes out

Like any other game then? when do you think GW3 is due out then, next year? serious LOL's
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    im waiting for a new game to be released in like 3 years, a new game, free to play truly free to win, cash shop for only cosmetics, good graphics, its in the makings, no title given, am waiting for that frankly :P

said that the storyline is written for 5 expansions, so think thats worth investing into when it releases, but got to wait 3 years
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I am a big fan of GW2 but if you go to their forum (or other sites forums like MMORPG or Massively) you'll find the same amount (if not more) of people saying that GW2 is FAIL (sic) and it's gonna die soon (or it's already dead)
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That's just plain stupid.

You realize that between GW1 and GW2 there was 6+ years, barely any games make it that long without being at the point of no players anyway (WoW excluded).
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    That's just plain stupid.

You realize that between GW1 and GW2 there was 6+ years, barely any games make it that long without being at the point of no players anyway (WoW excluded).

If you read the other stuff he posted in other threads, you wouldn't even take the time to answer him on such a blatant idiocy
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GW2 has massive awsome pvp that any **** can play easily, Neverwinter has the worst PvP you will see. I think with Neverwinter released it will raise interest in likes of GW2 more weirdly enough.

GW2 is just like WoW without the monthly fee, and it has plenty of cash store stuff in addition to the full price upfront costs. The PvP in GW2 is good on the paper, but terrible in practice. It's too large scale, people run around aimlessly, it takes ages, and if you are stuck on a server that always loses you either pay for a transfer (then have very long queues, because everyone wants to play on the winning team) or you just keep on losing. GW2, for me, was one of the bigger disappointments in a while (not anywhere close to D3, thowever).

If someone wants a WoW-like experience, they should just skip GW2 and wait for Rift going F2P next month. I paid subs for Rift for a while, and it's pretty boring to me, but overall I think it is a better game than GW2 by far. More immerse, better developers and community.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I love GW2 for what it is.But the combat is boring,my characters can just stand around and kill mobs using whatever spells they fancy.With Neverwinter I have to zip about all over the place and time my spells right.Comparing GW2 to Neverwinter is like comparing Battlefield 3 to Call of Duty.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jjb828 wrote: »
    Honestly, though, eventually you hardcore players will leave the tunnel of darkness and realize that, hey, Neverwinter isn't a long living MMO. It has, honestly, a months worth of content, because after you get good gear, get level 60, and have played the Dungeons over and over, you'll realize it's missing a lot of fun.

Sounds like every other mmo out there. Wow is the same, new content is released, after a month or two your done with it and wait for the next wave of content to be released.. Same with Neverwinter, you reach level 60, spend a month or two to get the best gear (unless you decied to spend AD on the AH). The biggest difference is you have foundry here, so at least you can enjoy some funny missions while waiting for the next wave of content (which is already on the way, they have teasers for it).
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how everyday/every other day the game is down. It wouldn't be this bad if it wasn't so easy to cheat or if the game didn't have so many bugs. I found their update on my facebook and find it funny that their "Open Beta" has troubles that a normal beta at most should have.

Again, their content is so little that they should have found these problems early on. Oh well, to account for a full game they are going to need some great updates to PvP, Foundry, PvE, and just about everything in the game
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's a joke at how easy it is to get top tier gear too. All items are easy to get, except mounts, which are sky rocketed.

Where, if any, are the goals in this game
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First I gave it 6 months.
    Then, after seeing how the game is being ran, I gave it 3 months.
    Now it's obvious that the correct answer was "2 weeks".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    First I gave it 6 months.
    Then, after seeing how the game is being ran, I gave it 3 months.
    Now it's obvious that the correct answer was "2 weeks".

The game will be up, but the fun will be down.... Just because a game lasts for a long time, doesn't mean it's any good. How it's being ran is very lame, the servers are ****ty and I don't feel the potential
  • Options
    shadewingt50shadewingt50 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i love how this one dude on this thread is just fighting anything anyone has to say if its even at the slightest negative about this game
    either way it makes a good laugh
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i love how this one dude on this thread is just fighting anything anyone has to say if its even at the slightest negative about this game
    either way it makes a good laugh

The people who really, really care are the ones who paid 60+ bucks.

This game isn't even worth it for sure, as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as the economy ALREADY is, 2 weeks in