test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    I don't care if someone powerleveled or exploited to 60. IMHO that is their loss.

That said, I think it would be really sad if they let he economy be permanently ruined by exploiters before the game actually goes live.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not everyone thinks the same as you, don't try to force your though into others. Not everyone is lucky to be living with their parents, no school no jobs playing in the computer all day to play a game they had already spent precious time into. Some people in the real world have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get to work at 7 AM everyday from money to friday just to get back home at 5-6 PM depending on traffic.

Thank you!

And you sir / mam need to rethink how you talk to people. No where in that whole statement was i forcing my "though " on to anyone.. this is the real world son, everyone is entitled to opinions.. and as you say having to be up at 5:30 and work all the time like I and my husband do, then you really probably do not have much played time under your belt to be worried if a you had a character wipe....

Again not forcing my "though" on anyone just stating an opinion.

Thank you!
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    As reluctant as i am I agree this game needs a wipe. Too many exploits is ruining the game. It's a bitter medicine but it must be taken for the long term health of the game.
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not everyone thinks the same as you, don't try to force your though into others. Not everyone is lucky to be living with their parents, no school no jobs playing in the computer all day to play a game they had already spent precious time into. Some people in the real world have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get to work at 7 AM everyday from money to friday just to get back home at 5-6 PM depending on traffic.

Thank you!

What exactly are you losing from a wipe if you play casually? This game is so stupidly easy to level in the progress sub 60s with no pvp/t1 or t2 gear made can be repeated in two weeks on an iphone during morning dumps. If you were cranking out AD with 10 character slots doing professions spams that's just another kind of exploit so his point still stands.
  • lisnarilisnari Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestige321 wrote: »
    Yeah oh I don't know, hotfix the guardian issue? Take down the servers until it's fixed? Ban exploiters while they are at it? Did they do any of that? Nope.

What makes me mad is they nurffed the foundry XP when people where just farming that in like 3 days. This unfortunately will need major surgery.

Be that total char wipe's and Zen refunded will only solve it.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless you are one of the people exploiting, or have a friend doing it and you are benefiting from it there should be no reason why only after around 2 weeks of game play why anyone would be upset over character / server wipes.
    -Fix the exploits and horrid bugs
    -Wipe the slate clean, wipe all account characters and server
    -refund all zen purchases from the pw website

And now we have a working Neverwinter game.... What is the problem guys, why are you really having that much of a problem of your characters being wiped after around 2 weeks? I mean its not like its been ages since game launched.

Anyone that thinks that a server wipe would not cause people screaming and leave the game is mistaken. In essence, it is everyone in class being punished because one person pranked the teacher. I would be more irritated with the people calling for the character wipe than the exploiters if a character wipe happened because the exploiters have not affected how I play the game while the people calling for the character wipe would ruin the game. Most people don't see the exploits since it is only for people getting to level 60 quickly and level 60 drops. It does not matter if I played for 2 weeks or 2 years because I have grown attached to my characters and will be sad to see them gone. If a character wipe occurs, then I will be very irritated and strongly consider leaving this game and never return. I am certain that a good portion of the player base will leave. A character wipe would be like using a nuke when a fly swatter is good enough to get rid of a few flies.
  • xadfrostxadfrost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I had to sit through leveling to 60 again because of some exploiters... No, I'd spend my time on something else.
    They would also have to refund Zen and AD or be destroyed! :P

But come on... There will always be exploits and exploiters - people who gain unreasonable amounts of currency and the like by questionable means. It's the nature of online games. Live with what is, don't encourage it and hope the company hosting the game is taking action to resolve the issue.
    Even if they fixed all the exploits and removed easy ways to earn currency and other values, another thing would take its place and we would just have farmers or something else. It an ongoing battle and the decent players should not have to suffer for it by getting their characters deleted. It's really ridicules in my opinion to suggest a total character wipe.
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hope they do full account wipes and refund no monies. Online Experiences May Change!!
  • adevlin1991adevlin1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see every character stripped of all items/AD/Gear/ZEN and given a set of greens for their level and any zen legitimately purchased added back into their wallet.

A full wipe would cause a lot of people to quit due to having to level again. A partial wipe like I suggested above would be the best option.
  • braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    Why play a game when you know exploiters are controlling the economy?
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks that a server wipe would not cause people screaming and leave the game is mistaken. In essence, it is everyone in class being punished because one person pranked the teacher. I would be more irritated with the people calling for the character wipe than the exploiters if a character wipe happened because the exploiters have not affected how I play the game while the people calling for the character wipe would ruin the game. Most people don't see the exploits since it is only for people getting to level 60 quickly and level 60 drops. It does not matter if I played for 2 weeks or 2 years. If a character wipe occurs, then I will be very irritated and strongly consider leaving this game and never return. I am certain that a good portion of the player base will leave. A character wipe would be like using a nuke when a fly swatter is good enough to get rid of a few flies.

I have not made it to 60 in fact my highest level toon is 46 and I am agreeing that we need character wipes. I have a couple of reasons, the exploiters is just one reason... Other reasons are due to bugged characters that can not be played, items being stuck in inventories, AD missing due to auction house bugging, bugged item sets, not getting daily coins from invoking. These are just to name a few. My opinion has nothing to do with JUST an exploiter.
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see every character stripped of all items/AD/Gear/ZEN and given a set of greens for their level and any zen legitimately purchased added back into their wallet.

A full wipe would cause a lot of people to quit due to having to level again. A partial wipe like I suggested above would be the best option.

I agree, but would rather see a full wipe than nothing done at all.
  • lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, the exploits are tempting players to inflate the AD amounts at the expense of ZEN that players bought and paid good money for, and PWE/Cryptic are supposed to reset all that why exactly?

A deflated economy where 200AD, or even less, equals 1ZEN is roughly where PWE/Cryptic wants things to be to encourage people to buy ZEN instead of grind AD. Seems to me it's all working according to plan and soon we'll see the next set of gear rolled out to both ZEN and in-game AD stores.

I don't think there's ever going to be a wipe, nor do I feel there should be one because quite frankly gear in Cryptic games is usually trivialized by using temp-buffs and gameplay skills. In other words, except for PvP, gear in Cryptic games allows players to over-exceed what's required to successfully beat the content and hopefully things will stay this way.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    I hope they do full account wipes and refund no monies. Online Experiences May Change!!

Spoken like a true freeloader. . .Well put.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    lordxenite wrote: »
    So, the exploits are tempting players to inflate the AD amounts at the expense of ZEN that players bought and paid good money for, and PWE/Cryptic are supposed to reset all that why exactly?

A deflated economy where 200AD, or even less, equals 1ZEN is roughly where PWE/Cryptic wants things to be to encourage people to buy ZEN instead of grind AD. Seems to me it's all working according to plan and soon we'll see the next set of gear rolled out to both ZEN and in-game AD stores.

I don't think there's ever going to be a wipe, nor do I feel there should be one because quite frankly gear in Cryptic games is usually trivialized by using temp-buffs and gameplay skills. In other words, except for PvP, gear in Cryptic games allows players to over-exceed what's required to successfully beat the content and hopefully things will stay this way.

Except the Devs have stated Numerous times in interviews that they want NW to be different than CO and STO in that NW will focus more on gear than player class powers. . .
  • lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Except the Devs have stated Numerous times in interviews that they want NW to be different than CO and STO in that NW will focus more on gear than player class powers. . .
    Oops, do you have direct quotes or links to that? Because if that's true, I'd better write Cryptic off as a company from now on! :(
  • frozentothecorefrozentothecore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at this point i think a character wipe would do too much damage to the game, though tbh damage has already been dealt
  • whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    One funny fact, they keep saying on twitter "No character wipes after #OpenBeta." does that mean they can wipe during Open Beta :P (just trolling).
    It's a way out!

Nicely spotted :)
  • acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe, fix it and restart or I want my founder money back. This is fraud.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One funny fact, they keep saying on twitter "No character wipes after #OpenBeta." does that mean they can wipe during Open Beta :P (just trolling).
    whiran wrote: »
    It's a way out!

Nicely spotted :)

Not really. They're also on record saying no wipes after 4/25.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited May 2013
    lordxenite wrote: »
    Oops, do you have direct quotes or links to that? Because if that's true, I'd better write Cryptic off as a company from now on! :(

don't be lazy.

do a google or forum search. . .

information is not hard to find nowadays. . .
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acwhistler wrote: »
    Wipe, fix it and restart or I want my founder money back. This is fraud.

Not sure what about the current situation constitutes fraud.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

That that said this was a game, clearly this is a novella.
  • acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

It's like buying a lemon car that blows up 2 feet down the road. The consumer has some protections. This has been fought in court before and easily won. Fix it, or give me my money back. That simple.
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    Why play a game when you know exploiters are controlling the economy?

Because they are not. . .

As as more and more people exploit supply will outstrip demand on the epics they are selling causing a sharp downward trend in prices. . .

Prices are already falling. . .

Savvy players are putting there AD elsewhere then in an already glutted market. . .
    edited May 2013
    acwhistler wrote: »
    It's like buying a lemon car that blows up 2 feet down the road. The consumer has some protections. This has been fought in court before and easily won. Fix it, or give me my money back. That simple.

Your case has no merit.

You didn't pay for Neverwinter. You paid for a founders pack, did you not receive everything promised in said pack?

If not and if PWE won't rectify the problem then you have a case of fraud.

But being given access to something for free and not liking it does not constitute fraud. . .
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

As as more and more people exploit supply will outstrip demand on the epics they are selling causing a sharp downward trend in prices. . .

Savvy players are putting there AD elsewhere then in an already glutted market. . .

What pray tell is the point of playing a game where every item for my class from the hardest dungeon, all the best crafting materials, and some of the best enchants in the game are available on the AH for stupidly low prices? Am I to buy up all this glorious end game loot and stand around shouting "I'm King of Neverwinter look at my loots!"?

Stop being an apologist for a shockingly broken game, I actually enjoyed playing and wish it would be fixed I don't know what your excuse/problem is other than laziness to re-level. If you will "quit" because of a wipe because it's not "worth it" to re-level maybe you are the one who doesn't care about this game.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because they are. If a couple of players hold millions upon millions of AD they can just wait, then buyout everything when things settle down and control the market with all the wealth they have acquired.. Easy as that.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full character wipe could be that "strong cure" that kills the patient instead of healing the chronic illness.
    Even a meaningful (days) rollback could be a disaster for this game.
    There can be other solutions, avoiding to punish the legit characters.

First of all, the game breaking bugs that cause the most damage have to be fixed immediately. Not "soon", but "now". I am actually surprised the servers are not down yet.
    Second, as a band-aid temporary solution, the entire Auction House could be "wiped" (with bids items being returned to their owners of course), and all those items could be made bound to the owner's character.
    Third, the current gear that was obtained via exploits can always be trivialized by releasing new content and having it drop far better stuff.

And I'm sure more can be done, before thinking of character wipes. It would be a PR disaster after they announced that there would be no wipes. Also, the blurred line between open beta and release here would make any potential customer unlikely of even dropping a cent in this game (if it happens once, why can't it happen twice?).
    edited May 2013
    Because they are. If a couple of players hold millions upon millions of AD they can just wait, then buyout everything when things settle down and control the market with all the wealth they have acquired.. Easy as that.

We already did this. 50k players, 10k AD per day will inject 182 billion AD into the game economy over a year. A couple of hundred million is peanuts against that.
This discussion has been closed.